Page 27 of 390 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Apex Forever | LIGHT-FARM | UNIQUE CONCEPT

This is a discussion on Apex Forever | LIGHT-FARM | UNIQUE CONCEPT within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; So which anti-cheat is this server gonna be using?...
Page: 27

So which anti-cheat is this server gonna be using?

www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackfox View Post
    Aestars .

Quote Originally Posted by blackfox View Post
    Our own. It will be (or well, is) predominantly server-sided though.

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    So the anti-cheating is pretty much encoded within the client, so that leaves no need for other softwares? interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Even better; it's handled on the server's side. The last thing we want is giving people the opportunity to bypass checks, so the more we can check server-side, we will. Why play cat & mouse with cheaters when we don't have to? Kill it off and there's nothing they can do, so there's nothing more we need to do about it either.

To clarify what I said previously by 'having the times synced'; I meant that it's now enforcing the same times the client does. The client effectively casts part of the way through the cast animation (think archers & the arrows leaving the bow), which in most cases is a lot sooner than the skill's actual defined cast time. Until now, we (and every other server) just used the defined cast time for it, but that isn't accurate, and doesn't work at all for transformations etc, so we had to import all that client data to the server & ensure all the logic behind it was reimplemented so it was handled in the server the same as it already is in the client.

There's a thread in our forums reporting a bunch of skills failing to cast unless the time's tweaked/hacked by a (relatively) small amount. The amount differs per skill (moreso for some than others), but the entire problem behind them was really that the cast times weren't what the client was using at all.

So we're using the real cast times now, and the entire process is now working a great deal better.

Edit:
    I'm being a little unspecific; cast time/cooldown checks are nothing new. Most servers do it, even official.
    The problem with them, however, is they're so damn inaccurate and fail often, because they're affected in large part by lag.

We've reimplemented our checks to be considerably more accurate, and barely be affected by lag, so you get the best of both worlds:
    - checks accurate enough to prevent basically all abuse (sure, technically you could still potentially gain maybe a ~50ms advantage tops -- but is that even worth considering abuse? ), and
    - no affecting legit players (e.g. suffering lag).

Additionally, when we get the projectile time checks working correctly, it means cooldown checks will be even less required. I know archers really hate their cooldowns, but previously cooldowns were a necessity as there was really minimal delays we could actually reliably enforce. Between cast time (tiny) and cooldown (also tiny), skills were potentially really spammable. Removing those cooldowns would make even faster to spam.
    Adding projectile time delays helps with that immensely, as it means they have to wait for their skill to actually reach the target before it hits (as opposed to being able to instantly hit the target). That delay alone kills off a great deal of cheating.

That's not to say there's going to be no abuse of any kind with anything whatsoever, but it will stop a great deal of abuse (and so it should, it only took us forever to figure out the obscure workings of the client!).
    One thing at a time, and all that.

woop woop ,

1298 or ROFD or go home, no turks will choose this over knight kingdom, they don't care about all these little 'fixes' your making. Its a shame but its true.

Little archer Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by FreekaleeK View Post
    1298 or ROFD or go home, no turks will choose this over knight kingdom, they don't care about all these little 'fixes' your making. Its a shame but its true.
    It's true that turks are extremely mediocre and easily satisfied but what makes you think this? it's not like there's a large amount of other 20xx servers out there. They love 20xx files and we all love a fresh start.

Also, will KK remain relevant / keep its numbers by the time this is released?

It's true that turks are extremely mediocre and easily satisfied but what makes you think this? it's not like there's a large amount of other 20xx servers out there. They love 20xx files and we all love a fresh start.

I would personally prefer an evolving server rather than an all out 20xx USKO server. It seems to gather a much wider audience because there are players who might prefer a newer server version but will make-do with the older version. But the ones that find the current KO version absolutely unplayable would just let the server pass. I'm a fan of updates since it gives people something to wait for and it also enables us to determine whether it's smart to evolve in to a certain type or not. Will it increase the player amount and keep them satisfied or is it going to drive people away? Also, by limiting activities and game content you can keep the game much cleaner and easier to understand, although many of us have played KO for so long that we will know what steps we should take in order to progress as swiftly as possible.. Nevertheless, in the beginning people are content with less. They don't need 10 events a day to keep them interested.

Anyway, take part in the polls people. There's still a long way to go before the official. It has been made clear that this server will be able to adapt to any version requested. And will most likely follow your wishes to an extent. Your opinion does count people!

I would assume they will keep their numbers for atleast a few more months, and even if they don't i'm sure OSKO will release a new server around the easter holiday period and theres a much bigger percentage of private server players who prefer older files and the older feel with proper farming. The problem with these new files is there is no real farming except for going to ED and krowaz events which are boring as fuck, so most people spend their time in moradon trying to make coins by trading, whereas the older servers, you are able to farm mobs for 5-6 hours in a row and actually get enough good items to upgrade or sell on the market, and this does make CZ a bit more active. And even though OSKO failed last time, im sure all the turks will rush back there to try it out and see if it fails again. Most turks don't love 20xx files, I have no idea where you got that from lol, they just go to the most active server, and if they had a choice between 20xx and 1298 im 100% sure the majority would pick the old school files.

I would assume they will keep their numbers for atleast a few more months, and even if they don't i'm sure OSKO will release a new server around the easter holiday period and theres a much bigger percentage of private server players who prefer older files and the older feel with proper farming. The problem with these new files is there is no real farming except for going to ED and krowaz events which are boring as fuck, so most people spend their time in moradon trying to make coins by trading, whereas the older servers, you are able to farm mobs for 5-6 hours in a row and actually get enough good items to upgrade or sell on the market, and this does make CZ a bit more active. And even though OSKO failed last time, im sure all the turks will rush back there to try it out and see if it fails again. Most turks don't love 20xx files, I have no idea where you got that from lol, they just go to the most active server, and if they had a choice between 20xx and 1298 im 100% sure the majority would pick the old school files.
    Farming means aren't set in stone yet at all afaik.

Anyway, it's not like you can only get the higher end items just by doing events or trading at moradon in USKO. You technically can just sit in moradon playing the market even in older versions too.

In my opinion a newer version opens up more options. Just like there's a crowd that loves spending HOURS farming the same boring monster, there's also an ever increasing amount of people with simply not enough time to do this. That's not to say that old school farming won't work, there are just workarounds.

According to your statement, people love farming... but why do they do that? to get that edge over others and outgear them to the point where you simply steamroll other players with not much of a challenge. It is a nice feeling, I also love doing that but there are multiple ways to achieve this end, you do not have to be binded to farming a spot for hours and hours. Bifrost items, Krowaz items, Under the castle and however it works, getting the top level (level differences aren't usually a mean to overpower people in private servers), getting 70+ skills before other players, running bowl (there are normal spawns + chaos stone)... right now I don't think there are plans to release timed level caps, so there are really multiple ways for the more hardcore players to destroy others through sheer no-lifing.

Events among other stuff give you more things to do, even yourself gotta admit that in between just exping / farming and pking sometimes the game grows stale in older versions.

Most turks don't love 20xx files, I have no idea where you got that from lol, they just go to the most active server, and if they had a choice between 20xx and 1298 im 100% sure the majority would pick the old school files.
    Professor should sell his old oldschoolko files to someone who dont care so much about donations and reopen his newschoolko in same time when this buyer opening his bought old oldschoolko server and i'm pretty sure 80% of people who have free time in this day would choose the old server with unknow owner who just bought it than professor newschoolko server who is here for like 3years.

Idk why all prv servers trying to be so good and so close as usko when we all know that usko is sux

war premiums and pking in full pt with 51nps spam for 1 kill is so stupid
    old towers are a lot better than this newest crap towers
    old cz is a lot better than this new one with platforms and craps
    with old version people have 2/3 times more fps ingame
    this flash animation while someone doing combo (most for assasin skills or sword dance) is also stupid and useless..
    same for all other shits animations like when rogue using lupin etc
    new torrment is so crap..
    krowaz arrmor and priests/warriors with 1700deff and 11-12k hp is also any joke
    getting spike for 5-6k hp from cp and torrmented is also somethnig what make people thinking something like "wtf i'm doing here in this server 80/83 cap when 70caps are more balanced.."
    old uniques from monster stones lol...what a point of killing duke/bach/bishop when roc/rol/rom is worth nothing when everyone using olds..
    also i hate valkirias and all other crap sets, sometimes u have even no idea if the gay near you is human or orc as long as u are not click on him and if he is mage with shield up or priest etc..
    i'm also not fan of all kind of wings which looks stupid in KO and also make like -5/10fps becouse of their animation...

Quote Originally Posted by Undef View Post
    Professor should sell his old oldschoolko files to someone who dont care so much about donations and reopen his newschoolko in same time when this buyer opening his bought old oldschoolko server and i'm pretty sure 80% of people who have free time in this day would choose the old server with unknow owner who just bought it than professor newschoolko server who is here for like 3years.

Idk why all prv servers trying to be so good and so close as usko when we all know that usko is sux

war premiums and pking in full pt with 51nps spam for 1 kill is so stupid( agreed )
    old towers are a lot better than this newest crap towers (disagree, i think the new towers...they seem to look like they are actually guarding the town...the old towers were shit when the game was made...)
    old cz is a lot better than this new one with platforms and craps (i love the new cz...i think its better...less chance to get caught or hung up on a wall)
    with old version people have 2/3 times more fps ingame (because it was basic...there wasnt enough stuff to keep ppl attracted)
    this flash animation while someone doing combo (most for assasin skills or sword dance) is also stupid and useless..
    same for all other shits animations like when rogue using lupin etc
    new torrment is so crap..(before u didnt even know ppl used torment...unless u get duffed....now when ppl call torment they can see the area and when its duffed)
    krowaz arrmor and priests/warriors with 1700deff and 11-12k hp is also any joke
    getting spike for 5-6k hp from cp and torrmented is also somethnig what make people thinking something like "wtf i'm doing here in this server 80/83 cap when 70caps are more balanced.."
    old uniques from monster stones lol...what a point of killing duke/bach/bishop when roc/rol/rom is worth nothing when everyone using olds..
    (well if the server goes up to +2s they yeah they'd still be worth it)
    also i hate valkirias and all other crap sets, sometimes u have even no idea if the gay near you is human or orc as long as u are not click on him and if he is mage with shield up or priest etc.. (i love them....i always buy them in any server i play that offers them..i think they look cool af)
    i'm also not fan of all kind of wings which looks stupid in KO and also make like -5/10fps becouse of their animation...
    (my comments are inthe parentheses )

you think the old servers are good....thats ur opinion...theres tons of old servers....out there...

i believe the 20xx server is the way to go....theres more opportunities with it...to add or delete...ull thank him in the end....

Quote Originally Posted by Undef View Post

-war premiums and pking in full pt with 51nps spam for 1 kill is so stupid can be easily tweaked, I too (and many others) think is stupid as hell.
    -old towers are a lot better than this newest crap towers that is true, maybe it can be changed in some way...
    -old cz is a lot better than this new one with platforms and craps subjective
    -with old version people have 2/3 times more fps ingame if you're still using the same computer that ran myko back in the day, maybe
    -this flash animation while someone doing combo (most for assasin skills or sword dance) is also stupid and useless.. subjective again, not really important on a game mechanics level
    -same for all other shits animations like when rogue using lupin etc more clarity isn't bad
    -new torrment is so crap.. more clarity isn't bad. It's nice to know which skill that rogue or priest just casted, especially when you party randoms. i mean, if you complain about FPS then i doubt you could even see the very small per-target debuff that the original torment applied
    -krowaz arrmor and priests/warriors with 1700deff and 11-12k hp is also any joke I agree there, kinda. Krowaz armors make fights slower and more dull, but at the same time we also get to see ridiculously high damage numbers! Krowaz won't be obtainable at release btw.
    -getting spike for 5-6k hp from cp and torrmented is also somethnig what make people thinking something like "wtf i'm doing here in this server 80/83 cap when 70caps are more balanced.." it sure is fun when you're the one spiking for that amount, right? also, it's just fair if people have 10-12k hp like you said.
    -old uniques from monster stones lol...what a point of killing duke/bach/bishop when roc/rol/rom is worth nothing when everyone using olds.. the 'I must ridiculously overpower any opposition' feeling again. Valid, but think that there must be a way for poor / solo players to shorten the gear gap (in this version especially) between hardcore clans and them.
    -also i hate valkirias and all other crap sets, sometimes u have even no idea if the gay near you is human or orc as long as u are not click on him and if he is mage with shield up or priest etc.. that's true, though if you pk enough you'll be able to tell who is using what class.
    i'm also not fan of all kind of wings which looks stupid in KO and also make like -5/10fps becouse of their animation...I feel the same way, but it can't be helped.
    It's not that bad really

20xx > the same old bullcrap we've experienced way to often.

SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar

Actually @Kallop. Twostars said their client will support 1298 also, or at least they are working on that. So basicaly 1 client could cover game evolving similar to what we witnessed at USKO (from 1 client). So from 1298 up to 20xx even. Client could support all these version according to twoey. There'd just be a patch forcing some options ui related and which files inside client to work with that patch (so myko version would force myko later on rofd and so forth). It would be a really huge project tho. Thing is just if he chose to do this kind of development. Basicaly if client would support this, versions would have to change only server side.

Quote Originally Posted by SheldonCooper View Post
    Actually @Kallop. Twostars said their client will support 1298 also, or at least they are working on that. So basicaly 1 client could cover game evolving similar to what we witnessed at USKO (from 1 client). So from 1298 up to 20xx even. Client could support all these version according to twoey. There'd just be a patch forcing some options ui related and which files inside client to work with that patch (so myko version would force myko later on rofd and so forth). It would be a really huge project tho. Thing is just if he chose to do this kind of development. Basicaly if client would support this, versions would have to change only server side.
    Well, I didn't really say that, but as I've said, we can do that. There's nothing at all stopping us from doing that.
    I mean, we weren't intending to go replacing the UI for each expansion (rather, I was figuring we'd just end up implementing an option to allow the player to select the UI they actually want), but it's a possibility.

Either way, right now our focus is on ensuring everything works. How we utilise the content is more for beta.
    I mean, really, everything you're all talking about is just fluff; no more than generally trivial visual/data changes. Nothing even remotely insurmountable. Despising the new client just for that is... crazy. :|

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 2
    08-21-2022, 06:42 PM
  2. Hits: 2
    10-06-2017, 10:01 AM
  3. Hits: 22
    08-22-2017, 03:34 PM
  4. Hits: 2
    05-06-2017, 07:54 AM
  5. Hits: 2
    05-04-2017, 04:55 AM
  6. Hits: 2