Page 10 of 390 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Apex Forever | LIGHT-FARM | UNIQUE CONCEPT

This is a discussion on Apex Forever | LIGHT-FARM | UNIQUE CONCEPT within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Cheats will not be a problem,since the developers will block everything,about the macro,as Sheldon said,they can block the macro hardware ...
Page: 10

Cheats will not be a problem,since the developers will block everything,about the macro,as Sheldon said,they can block the macro hardware but its a lot of work and its all up to them.The issue is,since this is a private server,how to keep the players on it.Get new players even when the server is few months old.If u make it too hard to xp,people will just quit after a week,and you will end up in the same story that every private server had so far,and that is loosing the players.It has to be user friendly,since its not USKO people will expect it to be fairly easy to get to 83 w/o having to spend money on genies,wich of us who did it know its not cheap.To be able to compete with someone after they have joined the server in its late stage.Not to get 2 hitted by a babaed sin.The reason people leave USKO is well,u could not PK if u did not had invested a decent amount of money.There must be some balance between the player who donate and the player who just plays for fun,dont get me wrong,im not saying there should not be donations,but there must be some balance in order for the server to survive.+9 and +2 dont sound all that bad,but when u put it all on one char,it does makes a lot of difference.+9 should be realy realy hard,and +2 aswell,for example make it a 30 % chance or even lower to make it.Exping in the game should be fairly easy to 80,but a bit of nerding to 83.Also the idea of leveling with quests does sound nice,BUT if the server is a success,and it hits 1k + people,u should implement the 2nd eslant like in USKO,so people would have double the slots to do them.

Quote Originally Posted by SheldonCooper View Post
    You can't "make" everyone minor with their hands (or did you mean block pedals?). Because every pedal or macro mouse works in a way that it repeteadly presses same or sequence of keys in particular order with particular delay thing is the delay can be duplicated when pressing keys with your fingers or with a pedal. Pedal only does unrealistic delays between each key, for example 1 ms or 5 ms, you can't press each key with your fingers with 5 ms delay exactly between one another but you can press it between 10-15 ms which is still enough regarding there is minor cooldown, so basicaly if you program your pedal to hit a key with 15ms delay it's enough because of the cooldown implemented on minor anyway. Only way to block pedal is disabling particular milisecond security check on a skill server side security. But this security check being put to high a legit player might get fails while minoring too so it's a really tricky thing because assasins with years of experience DO have fast fingers. Basicaly my point is that minor cooldown delay can be hit on spot with just fingers, so a smart pedaler can program his pedal and set the same delay as that cooldown by testing it a lil bit which means both pedaler and legit player with hit minor keys with same speed, but pedaler will have 0% chance to fail a minor exactly on spot and basicaly when 2 skills are achievable realistcly by pressing skill or by pedal e.g. pedal can't really be blocked. But for sure pre-set pedals could be blocked in a way that have unrealistic delay times between keys.

Alltho at best what it could be done is that anti cheat on server would disconnect people running any macro mouse / keyboard or known pedal software in background, but it would be a lot of work to trace them all.

Also imo first thing to be removed from game should be durability potions minor with cooldown at 83 doesn't really make sins OP what makes them OP is durability potion on critical point and ti's extremely gay for PK. Just take a look at basicaly every USKO new age assassin pk video, every mofo there uses durability pot on cp for pk. That is, in my eyes, the most gay thing ever. xD
    i agree, durability potions are bullshit and should never be in apexko (i really hope so)
    about minor cooldown, i feel like it hurts the legal players more then it does hurt the cheaters (anyone who uses mouse for over 10$). You can set the mouse to hit the "button" like every 61 ms if the cooldown is 60ms, while if you are a legal player and you are hitting faster for example every 59ms, you wont hit every second minor.. Minor is still limited by the mana pots cooldown so minor cooldown isnt rlly necessary imo.

Ok, so I believe everyone here agree that it is for the best NOT TO HAVE duration pots and cooldowns on minor heal, arrow shower and multiple shot. So, twostarts, give us some love and follow those 3 suggestions while it's alpha and beta stage. Worst case scenario you change it back before official

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan View Post
    Ok, so I believe everyone here agree that it is for the best NOT TO HAVE duration pots and cooldowns on minor heal, arrow shower and multiple shot. So, twostarts, give us some love and follow those 3 suggestions while it's alpha and beta stage. Worst case scenario you change it back before official
    I honestly don't care about the minor cooldown, just the duration pot is ridiculous, maybe ''nerf'' the duration pot a little?

Waiting.............

Banned Senior Member

Or just simply not allow the duration potion to effect CP?

As for MH cooldown, disabled or not pedalers/macro users still will have insanely fast MH. There is also no easy way of stopping macros I'm pretty sure lol as sheldon stated. Besides, almost every single keyboard/mouse these days comes with macros, even the cheap ones.

P.S I'd leave exp semi-hard for a week max. No matter how advanced the server is or how populated it is it will start losing players overtime due to people not wanting to play by being too far behind.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    exp events / etaroth could be put in place... idk lol.
    I mean I'm sure they can make custom exp events. Twoey spoke to me about custom events a while back (been at least 2-3 months+ ago tho), rather they started working on them or not who knows.

They have the knowledge to do such things. But still, my opinion and I'm sure most other people feel the same. Leaving exp too hard for too long is a bad idea. 1 to 2 weeks max then cut it in half. The server will need new players coming in always.

However, as advanced as this server will be and the developers behind it, the population will be 1 to 2k+ easily. Keeping those players tho is the hard problem.

Have to remember, a lot of people play priv servs to avoid the bullshit company USKO has and the grind that USKO has.

Anyway, like I told twoey already some time ago, I still feel this server would be much more successful and last a WHOLE lot longer if it was a PK server instead of farm. There simply is no advanced PK servers out currently. SexyKO is dead (now is the perfect opportunity to launch an advanced pk server since his is dead.)

Edit : There may be a few ''advanced'' PK servers out but they're turkish servers and I certainly would never play on them.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdudle View Post
    I mean I'm sure they can make custom exp events. Twoey spoke to me about custom events a while back (been at least 2-3 months+ ago tho), rather they started working on them or not who knows.

They have the knowledge to do such things. But still, my opinion and I'm sure most other people feel the same. Leaving exp too hard for too long is a bad idea. 1 to 2 weeks max then cut it in half. The server will need new players coming in always.

However, as advanced as this server will be and the developers behind it, the population will be 1 to 2k+ easily. Keeping those players tho is the hard problem.

Have to remember, a lot of people play priv servs to avoid the bullshit company USKO has and the grind that USKO has.

Anyway, like I told twoey already some time ago, I still feel this server would be much more successful and last a WHOLE lot longer if it was a PK server instead of farm. There simply is no advanced PK servers out currently. SexyKO is dead (now is the perfect opportunity to launch an advanced pk server since his is dead.)

Edit : There may be a few ''advanced'' PK servers out but they're turkish servers and I certainly would never play on them.
    The point of PK servers is that they get boring, i'm totally hyped about this server because it's a farm, if you want to keep the players and make sure you'll get new ones into it you need to set caps first, like no krowaz in the first week/month same goes with UTC so the casual players can also ''go with the flow'' later on when the majority of players is already 80- maybe 83? Then you should make the EXP rates a bit more higher so people that didn't manage to start in-time can also catch up quite easily. Also the farming system needs to be rewarding, not dissapointing like USKO. And ofcourse there's always time for some creativity when the first people that started achieve their +8's maybe even 9s with strong uniques to let the people that are behind catch up a little faster, like increase the upgrade rates slightly so they don't have to struggle against +8/+9 to long.

As long the staff is available to players, and cares about their opinions you can ALWAYS find a solution.

I am Timmeh Senior Member

A good way to get new players if you have enough population would be ardeam.

BANNED FOR SCAMMING! Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by bigdudle View Post

There are so many ''advanced'' pk servers out there. people get tired of that though. people like to be able to farm, and as stupidly as it sounds, exp their way slowly up to the top(83).

The exp rate in Knight Kingdom was perfect to me. i think a server like that, with admins that would work on the server, and listen to the players. and have it be like usko, just easier that would be the shit. and ofc fix all the stupid shit usko got implemented like new priest int bp shit, arrowshower cd, minor cd i dont really care about tbh. u can do fine with that..

and u say u would never play on turkish servers? why not? im sure theres some turks out there capable of making great private servers. remember KO is nothing without the turks.

and ur server would probably be dead without them too.

fuck pk server, gogo farm server. those turks that only plays ''pk'' servers also LOVE servers like Knight Kingdom, which i think this server is going to be kinda like. just much better. where you actually have to do work to exp/get some items to pk with.

so with that, u can both have the people that only play hard farm server, AND the guys that plays only pk server. like Knight Kingdom had.

pls make it so we can play the old style INT BP... dont make them get ap of INT.. i would love to be able to play a good ol' int bp. owning it up

Senior Member ZiggZaggClickClack's Avatar

I agree to all the comments u guys have said,specialy Screamer`s and bigdudle`s,exp should not be too hard IMO...About ardream ,ye it is a fun thing but only in case player base is rly high since we can`t afford that 40-50-60 (doesen`t matter) pkers go to different zone while CZ is not really crowded...Its not so hard to implement ardream later on if everything works great tho.I hope Twoey gonna read your suggestions about the exp cuz i couldnt agree more !

If ardream is enabled, then the exp should be hard enough to actually realize the difference between it. Having it be 2-5 Days level 83 is really bullshit in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    If the end game content is rewarding then people should feel encouraged to get there.

Ardreamers have access to bdw and chaos, but they are quite lacking in lunar wars and can't do juraid.
    Ya i know that but still if the community splits on 3 sides like ardream / RLB / cz , no1 will be totaly satisfied with their "pvp zone" and thats gonna cause problems.I would also enjoy some ardream pk on my side char tho.Anyways im pretty sure we will have enough players for even additional pk zones haha

Quote Originally Posted by ZiggZaggClickClack View Post
    I agree to all the comments u guys have said,specialy Screamer`s and bigdudle`s,exp should not be too hard IMO...About ardream ,ye it is a fun thing but only in case player base is rly high since we can`t afford that 40-50-60 (doesen`t matter) pkers go to different zone while CZ is not really crowded...Its not so hard to implement ardream later on if everything works great tho.I hope Twoey gonna read your suggestions about the exp cuz i couldnt agree more !
    EXP should take some effort, just later on when most people have achieved 80-83 the EXP should become slightly more easy for the newcomers to be able to catch up. In my opinion we should start with slightly more easy than USKO.

Quote Originally Posted by ScreameR View Post
    EXP should take some effort, just later on when most people have achieved 80-83 the EXP should become slightly more easy for the newcomers to be able to catch up.
    Ya i also think it should take some effort,but not the USKO style effort type...

@Bloodzilla ,59 lvl is easy to get anyways ,even on USKO so exp rates shouldnt be affected by ardream or no ardream

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 2
    08-21-2022, 06:42 PM
  2. Hits: 2
    10-06-2017, 10:01 AM
  3. Hits: 22
    08-22-2017, 03:34 PM
  4. Hits: 2
    05-06-2017, 07:54 AM
  5. Hits: 2
    05-04-2017, 04:55 AM
  6. Hits: 2