This is a discussion on APEXKO.COM | v2121 - A NEW DAWN (29.04.2016) | PK / LIGHT-FARM within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by razor
What's embarrassing is to think that I was gonna bother to elaborate a serious response to ...
i argee. that guy razor or whatever u call it i make one true remark about the servers owner and he flames me when what i said is the truth and in black and white on the next page of this topic. cant be taken seriously hes sucking this servers cock n i think he knows it, how many likes he's given to twostars on this thread alone is embarrassing.
This server's been written from scratch, major functionality's changed/reimplemented, barely any of it's implemented even remotely like it is officially. Put mildly, stuff's going to break (or well, be inaccurate anyway -- actual 'breakage' has actually been surprisingly minimal). That said, at this point, the "bugs" are just minor details that need correcting -- which we entirely expected, and the entire reason we're running this alpha stage; to piece together all the details. We feel accuracy is important for a base and no one person knows every little detail about Knight Online, so the more testers involved, the more details we can piece together, and improve the server's accuracy bit by bit.
It's also important to note that comparing the number of bug reports to servers like Knight Kingdom is fairly pointless; Knight Kingdom is official right now, but they've previously run 1.9xx, and 1.8xx servers in the past. Meaning, their server code (and database) has been in use for years now, and has been evolving this entire time with the aid of the thousands of players that play it.
On the other hand, we haven't had any servers up -- this is the first time our codebase (and database) is getting a good work out (aside from the year old version used on various Turkish servers at the moment, but I digress). This means this testing stage is insanely important to us, as we fully realise we'll be (and are) compared to other servers like Knight Kingdom (which are very well established at this point, again, with *years* of server fixes under their belt at this point).
It's entirely normal for there to be as many issues as there are, which I don't even think is all that many anyway. If you're going by issue tracker numbers, have a look at most of the issues themselves -- a bunch of them are quick database tweaks [i.e. for mob stats or the like], there's a bunch that are for fixing official USKO client issues (some of which we've already fixed, so there's that), some are for new features, and yet more are for proposed unofficial tweaks. Sure, there's actual bugs in there too, but they're few and far between.
Not that they're even a bad thing.
The number of bug reports are entirely normal/expected. If we didn't expect there to be such 'so many' issues, we would have skipped straight to beta, but we've put a lot of time and effort into writing this server (years even, one of which when the project was open-source) and we have a fairly good idea where we're at with things. Where we're at is pretty far -- at this point, it's just polish, i.e. mostly getting details right/accurate. Heck, if we didn't care for accuracy, it'd be 99% winged like most other servers and released years ago, but we feel accuracy is important -- at least to start off with. Balancing/other custom behaviour is really all for later, but for now, we're just getting the details right.
Which involves lots of testing, feedback... and bug reports.
The way I see it, every bug report helps push this server one step closer to beta.
Thanks to the many testers actively helping to do just that, we're making good headway on that.
So again, THANK YOU TO OUR TESTERS. You guys are amazing!
We really didn't expect so many people to want to help us out!
Last edited by twostars; 12-08-2014 at 01:20 AM.
Please delete my post
Updated the main post with the following information
Will keep the main post up-to-date and give you guys small updates in between on the current status to hopefully combat some of the confusion some of you may have!What are we focusing on?
Server side :
- [x] Physical damage calculations -- DONE
- [x] Magical damage calculations -- DONE
- [ ] Skill cooldown issues ('randomly' failing skills because of our cooldown checks) -- Currently focusing on
- [ ] Skill behaviour (Skills not 'working' or behaving as they should)
- [ ] Speedhack detection (closely tied in with skill cooldown issues) -- Currently focusing on
- [ ] Wallhack detection (closely tied in with speedhack detection) -- Currently focusing on
- [ ] NPC (Monster) behaviour (monsters 'not responding' to being attacked, not using skills, etc.)
- [ ] Juraid behaviour (only thing left for this is implementing some things for monsters & reverification before ticking this off)
- [x] BDW behaviour -- DONE
- [ ] Chaos behaviour (Only the position in the rankings being 'off' causing various unexpected results for rewards and chaos cube behaviour is left)
- [ ] War behaviour (Oreads / Nereids / 'normal' wars)
- [ ] Bifrost (Only needs the entry NPC to Latenoid - previously Ultima)
- [x] Monster stones -- DONE
- [ ] Monster suppression squad (Only really needs the reward on being teleported out after killing the boss, rest is okay)
Database side :
- [ ] EXP drops from mobs and quests
- [ ] Coin drops from mobs and quests
- [ ] NPC scripts not working (or not working as expected)
- [ ] Item drops from mobs and quests
- [ ] Monster stats (e.g. HP, defence, damage, etc.)
Last edited by Aesteris; 12-08-2014 at 02:23 AM.
is this server still running?
is it active ? i mean i know its alpha but still
It's like you people have a brain but refuse to use it for anything other than cleverly making yourselves look fucking stupid.
Edit: This sounds like I am admitting that ApexKO has more bugs... which at this point isn't true.
nice server imma try it
Last edited by ItstheTax; 12-08-2014 at 03:15 PM. Reason: not slagging the server just this razr clown.