Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 28 of 28
Like Tree20Likes

Argument for last longing servers.

This is a discussion on Argument for last longing servers. within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by DaSinister Okay I remember Ares..We had the best clan on your server ( HateOnUs ) The updates ...
Page: 2


  1. #16
    Senior Member SexyLittleAnimal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaSinister View Post
    Okay I remember Ares..We had the best clan on your server ( HateOnUs ) The updates felt rushed and +8 was opened 2 fast. Also You guys forgot to bring the turks.. Other than that it was the best server by far that i played.. Even better than Zonemyko. I hope you guys find a turkish guy to help promote and try again. I have messaged sheldon about it before. If you can gain some recognition on the tukish forums then it will be on and popin. Why not try better eye catching name? Like Orginal 2006 Oldschool those keywords seem to always attract the turks. You guys have the best files IMO and your both likable dudes so i just dodnt get why your not pulling in the turks.
    The updates felt rush beacuse by the end of first week 90% of server quitted due to it's hardness, all turks and peruvians were crying and essentialy left due to too hard grind, and there was barely 1/7th of our player base that was English, so why bother with what 10-15 English people want, you can't run a server with 15 "hardcore grind" inspired individuals. If you'd go 3-4 years back there were so many English people it was incredibly easy to fill up server, now there's barely any left. We didn't forget to bring turks, there simply isn't enough interest in those type of "hardcore" grind servers beacuse their culture and mentality is completely different. They like fast phased and cycled servers, but the main difference is, there is not enough English community to make server survive without turks, meanwhile there certainly are enough turks to make server exist without English community.

    It's really simple. Few years back there were more players then servers. There was not big enough server supply for the players demands, now it's the other way around. You pretty much have more servers then players nowadays so obviously any hardcore shit is no longer going to fly.


    However turks are not loyal or dedicated to specific server, they jump, and English community does too, they only last just a month or so longer then turks, but essentialy they all leave at the end Few years back community was much more organized, now people just solo join a game without even pre-organizing their teams, which is quite idiotic as KO has never been a game that could be played solo, so it's funny to see the new age of solo priests or solo warriors joining servers only to find out over and over again they can't do shit on on their own xD

  2. #17
    Probation Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SexyLittleAnimal View Post
    The updates felt rush beacuse by the end of first week 90% of server quitted due to it's hardness, all turks and peruvians were crying and essentialy left due to too hard grind, and there was barely 1/7th of our player base that was English, so why bother with what 10-15 English people want, you can't run a server with 15 "hardcore grind" inspired individuals. If you'd go 3-4 years back there were so many English people it was incredibly easy to fill up server, now there's barely any left. We didn't forget to bring turks, there simply isn't enough interest in those type of "hardcore" grind servers beacuse their culture and mentality is completely different. They like fast phased and cycled servers, but the main difference is, there is not enough English community to make server survive without turks, meanwhile there certainly are enough turks to make server exist without English community.

    It's really simple. Few years back there were more players then servers. There was not big enough server supply for the players demands, now it's the other way around. You pretty much have more servers then players nowadays so obviously any hardcore shit is no longer going to fly.


    However turks are not loyal or dedicated to specific server, they jump, and English community does too, they only last just a month or so longer then turks, but essentialy they all leave at the end Few years back community was much more organized, now people just solo join a game without even pre-organizing their teams, which is quite idiotic as KO has never been a game that could be played solo, so it's funny to see the new age of solo priests or solo warriors joining servers only to find out over and over again they can't do shit on on their own xD
    You are 1000x smarter than me but ill still believe that somebody can create a very populated 2006 grind server. I have played turkish servers and the grind was real and it had 400+ people playing. The problem with those was it had zero protection and wasn't stable. I wont give up hope seeing that classic version i wanna play so bad..

  3. #18
    God. Moderator Kallop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Above you.
    Posts
    5,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaSinister View Post
    You are 1000x smarter than me but ill still believe that somebody can create a very populated 2006 grind server. I have played turkish servers and the grind was real and it had 400+ people playing. The problem with those was it had zero protection and wasn't stable. I wont give up hope seeing that classic version i wanna play so bad..
    He literally just explained to you that the very concept of a hard exp server is what makes people leave.

  4. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    234

    Default

    You can explain several times to him, he is literally retarded.

  5. #20
    epicurus Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cancun,Mexico.
    Posts
    1,603

    Default

    Blizzard is releasing wow classic after more than a decade...and I know that A LOT of people are going to play it,and I know its just a wild dream,but imagine KO (i dont even know which company owns KO atm) releasing original and official MYKO or KE (pre ROFD) version ?

  6. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Decerto View Post
    Blizzard is releasing wow classic after more than a decade...and I know that A LOT of people are going to play it,and I know its just a wild dream,but imagine KO (i dont even know which company owns KO atm) releasing original and official MYKO or KE (pre ROFD) version ?
    Blizzard is a real company. WOW has playerbase *1000 to KO. WOW has secured files, and less cheaters so they can pretty much pull anything they want. WOW players play the game because they enjoy it, not because they want earn quick $ or get livelihood from it.

    You guys seriously got to stop comparing KO to WOW... they are in different leagues. WOW revenue is over 10 billions $ ...

    Hard farm nostalgic KO server wouldn't never work, because turks only play it to earn money they don't care about the game, not really.

  7. #22
    Sir DooM* Senior Member DoomBringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    1,351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mortal View Post
    Blizzard is a real company. WOW has playerbase *1000 to KO. WOW has secured files, and less cheaters so they can pretty much pull anything they want. WOW players play the game because they enjoy it, not because they want earn quick $ or get livelihood from it.

    You guys seriously got to stop comparing KO to WOW... they are in different leagues. WOW revenue is over 10 billions $ ...

    Hard farm nostalgic KO server wouldn't never work, because turks only play it to earn money they don't care about the game, not really.
    secure files? nah
    less cheaters? nah but they got banned a lot faster. Actually they got banned, while in old k2 times, no1 gave a shit about cheaters.

  8. #23
    Regular Member Nineteen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    54

    Default

    In all fairness, I've been pleasantly surprised with how active the GM's are in Steam KO. There's constant notifications of people being banned, throughout the day.

    It's never going to be perfect but at least you can see they're actively trying, at least in some capacity.

  9. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    64

    Default

    People dont want hard xp servers thats just a fact which apparantly only DaSinister dont have the brain capacity to realize.

    KO is an old game and a lot of the player base is from that time aswell. KO dont attract new kids and hardly any new players. So you have to reach out to the existing community to achieve succes. For me personally the problem is that there so many privat servers coming and like 90 % of them are pure shit that doesnt give a fuck about their players but just wanna try and earn money.

    If you wanna have a good server you have to have active gms each day (or close to it). You have to reach out to your community and listen to their ideas. You have to come with updates that fits the players and the gameplay and not your pocket. With this statement i mean that to many servers have a power up store that in my opinion absolutely ruins the game itself either by ruining the economy of the server or by giving to much advantage to certain people.

    For me a server should have pretty easy xp, maybe a day or two for max level or something like that. Farm has to be harder than xp'ing for sure, not a grind but you definitely need to work to get it. Farm spots should be put in cz in different places to keep pk as high as possible. It has to be a good mix because people want to have a packed bowl as often as possible but at the same time have a chance to farm at some lower packed areas.

    When it comes to upgrading your gear i often feel like its too easy. This is just my opinion but i would rather have blessed drop at a high rate in cz (blessed should not influence the economy) and making upgrade rates harder. Some people like to farm a lot to have an edge over others when it comes to items and other are just fine with having average gear to have fun because they fell like skill, teamwork is the biggest factor. I feel like a lot of servers are missing this aspect.

    This is just a few thoughts and i'm not saying these are the right ones but these are just some of my suggestions

  10. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    11

    Default

    I wouldn't say hard exp server wouldn't work. Imo everything is possible If done right. It could be a second server under the same publisher. It could be 1 hard and 1 easy pk server and everyone's happy. I know it's a long shot but I'm talking about a server that would attract every person who is interested in private KO. It makes me sick to see all those servers around. I wouldn't mind if it was few servers but look around. You randomly shake your junk around and I bet there is a server where it points... I dream of a server with over a thousand player base that would go for at least a year or so. I wonder If it would work with 2 servers under the same publisher. Cabal online private devs has done it. I'm not saying it's easy but it's not impossible as well.

    As far as easy exp pk servers goes. It's fun and not time consuming and to be fair as a hard exp server fan I would choose easy over hard if it's done right. I've been following the forums passively and I know there are people with extraordinary skills when it comes to creating a server (yes Sheldon you're one of them) but that's all for money. I'm sorry but tomorrow 2 new servers are going to open and I'm gonna give both of them a chance yet I already know that at the end both of them will be empty after few months and would cost me some bucks (i know after telling all those things above I look like a garbage but I wouldn't mind spending some money to respect the their effort). I think as players we need to find a way encourage server creators to create beautifully crafted servers that would last long.

    How about a server with a system that would teleport a player to a boss room with a random boss in it for exchange of national points or a certain boss for higher nps and the nps requirements would be for per player instead of one person teleport the whole party? Though I'm not sure If that would make people leave or stay. Another thing is there should be more clan activities rather than only CZ. I don't remember the server name but there was that server where you have to go in a boss room with your clan to get this special accessory called Kahless. Sorry If I bs but that's the point of that thread. Lets brain storm together and hope that someone with the resources would implement some of this features to their server.

  11. #26
    God. Moderator Kallop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Above you.
    Posts
    5,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VK2BA View Post
    I wouldn't say hard exp server wouldn't work. Imo everything is possible If done right. It could be a second server under the same publisher. It could be 1 hard and 1 easy pk server and everyone's happy. I know it's a long shot but I'm talking about a server that would attract every person who is interested in private KO. It makes me sick to see all those servers around. I wouldn't mind if it was few servers but look around. You randomly shake your junk around and I bet there is a server where it points... I dream of a server with over a thousand player base that would go for at least a year or so. I wonder If it would work with 2 servers under the same publisher. Cabal online private devs has done it. I'm not saying it's easy but it's not impossible as well.

    As far as easy exp pk servers goes. It's fun and not time consuming and to be fair as a hard exp server fan I would choose easy over hard if it's done right. I've been following the forums passively and I know there are people with extraordinary skills when it comes to creating a server (yes Sheldon you're one of them) but that's all for money. I'm sorry but tomorrow 2 new servers are going to open and I'm gonna give both of them a chance yet I already know that at the end both of them will be empty after few months and would cost me some bucks (i know after telling all those things above I look like a garbage but I wouldn't mind spending some money to respect the their effort). I think as players we need to find a way encourage server creators to create beautifully crafted servers that would last long.

    How about a server with a system that would teleport a player to a boss room with a random boss in it for exchange of national points or a certain boss for higher nps and the nps requirements would be for per player instead of one person teleport the whole party? Though I'm not sure If that would make people leave or stay. Another thing is there should be more clan activities rather than only CZ. I don't remember the server name but there was that server where you have to go in a boss room with your clan to get this special accessory called Kahless. Sorry If I bs but that's the point of that thread. Lets brain storm together and hope that someone with the resources would implement some of this features to their server.
    Any KO server's life span is directly correlated with CZ activity. So regardless of what delusions people have about KO servers, as long as PK is fun, the server will be healthy. Everything else comes afterwards. Now, how does PK stay healthy? Well, it's a bit more complicated, because it's a sum of many things, all of which need to somehow make PK feel more impact/meaningful. People rush server starts because of PK advantage, people do insanely boring and repetitive farming to gain an advantage in PK. Why do people pk? Because of gameplay and competition. Well, the gameplay aspect is exactly the same in every server, and competition dwindles after a few months, so what do you do? You server hop.

    The best, although complicated, approach is to have a main server and then do seasonal servers, that last 2-3 months max. Basically after 2-3 months you close the new server and combine everything back into the main server. Honestly not sure why official servers haven't done this, because it would essentially solve various problems that exist in old servers.

    Hard XP is like an artificial way of extending the life span of a server, in theory. It doesn't actually work though. And most of the issues are core KO related. KO has a super shitty progression system, which means that any level under 60 feels like shit. 60-80 is fun and cool, but anything below 60 is just utter dogshit. And then again, the power difference between levels 60-80 isn't significant enough to make it feel like a worthwhile grind. Master and gear feel much more impactful, than levels after 60.

    Gear progression in KO in the other hand, is much more interesting, because you can find upgrades in every slot. As long as gear progression isn't strictly limited, there's always a slot you can upgrade. I honestly think that letting people make +2 accessories from server start and giving people access to unique accessories is much more interesting than limiting people too much. It also keeps the server's economy healthier. There also needs to be a ton of gear choices and tiers.

    Anyway, there's a pretty obvious (to me anyway) way of making long lasting servers. One of the ways is announcing NP wipes beforehand, or offering other forms of competition, such as CSW, important bosses and objectives in bowl. Farming and improving your character post level cap is what matters, EXP only matters for the very beginning and often just prevents new players from joining. Seriously, just let people take their time and farm gear. Make it soloable, but make sure it takes a long time to reach the absolute best gear in the game. Find a way to slow people down, without making it feel like an artificial wall to help the inactive player base. What matters is that there are plenty of active players, who keep the player active and alive for those inactive players to play on. Once the active players reach gear cap, they will have spent so much time doing so, that leaving starts to feel like a much more difficult choice to make. Investment of time is super important to keep players from leaving.
    Numan likes this.

  12. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    110

    Default

    When all the people who played KO 10-15 years ago get to 40-50 years old (will be soon xD) KO will die forever.
    The KO community will be reduced everyday, i doubt any young people will try this game nowaday in among of millions games out there, just enjoy it as long as you can hehe.
    A new server drag people from other servers when it open, and then another new one open just like a loop. So no, there's no server that can last long.

  13. #28
    Global MyKo Senior Member Deadhealer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Global Myko - Earth
    Posts
    718

    Default

    I doubt about that, the new generation is always will change old because original usko never died and large private servers will always be better money wise then usko.... if usko dies or changes dramatically then maybe , until then this won’t happen what you say.

    The only difference is new generation requires more attention and quality now, because of the competition that grew from large of amounts of private servers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. How long server down for usually?
    By Mozzy in forum Game Questions & Tips
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-27-2011, 08:22 PM
  2. Rate my sig for the new server :)
    By PADDY in forum Media
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-25-2008, 03:19 AM
  3. Vote pathos for most laggy server !
    By KirbyKommando in forum Ares
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-05-2006, 01:50 PM
  4. Looking for partner DIES server Orc More Details in
    By NeedForSpeed in forum Recruitment and In-game requests
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-24-2006, 07:55 PM
  5. Trading myko ( deimos ) for any usko server
    By 189 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-15-2006, 01:55 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •