Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 35
Like Tree1Likes

[BETA] Royal KE | PK MODE is on!

This is a discussion on [BETA] Royal KE | PK MODE is on! within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by Rainmaker [3] - Exping takes less than a day (gives players some time to discover the game ...
Page: 2


  1. #16
    God. Moderator Kallop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Above you.
    Posts
    5,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    [3] - Exping takes less than a day (gives players some time to discover the game and more chance for raiding newbies at exping spots)
    or this one..

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    [1] - Starts as Lv 70, no exping.

  2. #17
    RealNiggaRollCall Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    184

    Default

    mmmm number 4 or 5

  3. #18
    Senior Member Rainmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    92

    Default

    Test server is open. Check it out -> Royal Empire ยป Home

  4. #19
    epicurus Senior Member Decerto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Compton,CA.
    Posts
    1,573

    Default

    #4.Royal exping style but with more mobs would be nice,and not just in cz.More troll apos deru spawns in emc/luf too.

  5. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    138

    Default

    #5 makes sense

  6. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    138

    Default

    OMG BRO! I just loved that server!!!

    especially special items (rare unique) will help the low players, it must be on the start, same exactly!! really I love that idea!! perfect!!

    server is 10/10

    looking to forward to open!!

  7. #22
    Senior Member Rainmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    92

    Default

    The new forum is almost ready. Check this out and tell me what do you think : Royal Empire Community Forums

  8. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Israel,Dont Like It? Dont Share It!
    Posts
    1,353

    Default

    i think you should announce the server when you opened it and not when you developed it....

  9. #24
    Banned Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    324

    Default

    I dont wanna lvl up. The problem was that with that server. Also the master make it auto master. The rest was really fun to do. Np gain like kallop said should be increased though

  10. #25
    Senior Member Rainmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    92

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NoOneCanStopMe View Post
    i think you should announce the server when you opened it and not when you developed it....
    I didn't open the server yet. It's just a pre-beta. I wanted to see if the basic stuff work properly on my new dedi.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dogamon View Post
    I dont wanna lvl up. The problem was that with that server. Also the master make it auto master. The rest was really fun to do. Np gain like kallop said should be increased though
    So you must have liked the new exping system, because I've already did like you said easy exping, starting as level 1, mastered.

    I didn't understand what you mean by NP increase though. NP system is going to be exactly as default of KO :

    (50 + [6 * (party_member_count - 1)] ) / party_member_count
    That never changes, not in my server.

  11. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    I didn't understand what you mean by NP increase though. NP system is going to be exactly as default of KO :
    Code:
    (50 + [6 * (party_member_count - 1)] ) / party_member_count
    That never changes, not in my server.
    Uh... that's not how it works at all.. it's wildly off, in fact (55 NP where officially you'd only get 12 NP, for example). Where did you get that calc from? oO

  12. #27
    Senior Member Rainmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    92

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Uh... that's not how it works at all.. it's wildly off, in fact (55 NP where officially you'd only get 12 NP, for example). Where did you get that calc from? oO
    1 - 50,00 = 50 NP
    2 - 28,00 = 28 NP
    3 - 20,66 = 21 NP
    4 - 17,00 = 17 NP
    5 - 14,80 = 15 NP
    6 - 13,33 = 14 NP
    7 - 12,29 = 13 NP
    8 - 11,50 = 12 NP

    This is not correct?
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 07-12-2014 at 02:06 PM.

  13. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    1 - 50,00 = 50 NP
    2 - 28,00 = 28 NP
    3 - 20,66 = 21 NP
    4 - 17,00 = 17 NP
    5 - 14,80 = 15 NP
    6 - 13,33 = 14 NP
    7 - 12,29 = 13 NP
    8 - 11,50 = 12 NP

    This is not correct?
    Ah, I see what you did to produce those numbers. You were missing some parantheses from the above.
    Anyway, while the final amounts are similar, the middle amounts aren't correct at all. The final values are produced by integer division (i.e. anything after the decimal place is completely chopped off), they're not rounded up.

    While your algo matches up using 50 NP as a base, as soon as you change it, you can see you're off.

    Code:
    Using base NP amount: 25
    1 - 25 (official) vs 25 (yours)
    2 - 14 (official) vs 16 (yours)
    3 - 10 (official) vs 13 (yours)
    4 - 8 (official) vs 11 (yours)
    5 - 7 (official) vs 10 (yours)
    6 - 7 (official) vs 10 (yours)
    7 - 6 (official) vs 9 (yours)
    8 - 6 (official) vs 9 (yours)
    
    Using base NP amount: 50
    1 - 50 (official) vs 50 (yours)
    2 - 28 (official) vs 28 (yours)
    3 - 21 (official) vs 21 (yours)
    4 - 17 (official) vs 17 (yours)
    5 - 15 (official) vs 15 (yours)
    6 - 14 (official) vs 14 (yours)
    7 - 13 (official) vs 13 (yours)
    8 - 12 (official) vs 12 (yours)
    
    Using base NP amount: 64
    1 - 64 (official) vs 64 (yours)
    2 - 36 (official) vs 35 (yours)
    3 - 27 (official) vs 26 (yours)
    4 - 22 (official) vs 21 (yours)
    5 - 19 (official) vs 18 (yours)
    6 - 18 (official) vs 16 (yours)
    7 - 16 (official) vs 15 (yours)
    8 - 15 (official) vs 14 (yours)
    Close, but not quite there. Did you come up with that algo yourself? (and more curiously, why?)

  14. #29
    Senior Member Rainmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    92

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Ah, I see what you did to produce those numbers. You were missing some parantheses from the above.
    Anyway, while the final amounts are similar, the middle amounts aren't correct at all. The final values are produced by integer division (i.e. anything after the decimal place is completely chopped off), they're not rounded up.

    While your algo matches up using 50 NP as a base, as soon as you change it, you can see you're off.

    Code:
    Using base NP amount: 25
    1 - 25 (official) vs 25 (yours)
    2 - 14 (official) vs 16 (yours)
    3 - 10 (official) vs 13 (yours)
    4 - 8 (official) vs 11 (yours)
    5 - 7 (official) vs 10 (yours)
    6 - 7 (official) vs 10 (yours)
    7 - 6 (official) vs 9 (yours)
    8 - 6 (official) vs 9 (yours)
    
    Using base NP amount: 50
    1 - 50 (official) vs 50 (yours)
    2 - 28 (official) vs 28 (yours)
    3 - 21 (official) vs 21 (yours)
    4 - 17 (official) vs 17 (yours)
    5 - 15 (official) vs 15 (yours)
    6 - 14 (official) vs 14 (yours)
    7 - 13 (official) vs 13 (yours)
    8 - 12 (official) vs 12 (yours)
    
    Using base NP amount: 64
    1 - 64 (official) vs 64 (yours)
    2 - 36 (official) vs 35 (yours)
    3 - 27 (official) vs 26 (yours)
    4 - 22 (official) vs 21 (yours)
    5 - 19 (official) vs 18 (yours)
    6 - 18 (official) vs 16 (yours)
    7 - 16 (official) vs 15 (yours)
    8 - 15 (official) vs 14 (yours)
    Close, but not quite there. Did you come up with that algo yourself? (and more curiously, why?)
    Yes, I came up with this algo when I was a kid lol. I'm not so good at maths but I think there's no missing parentheses. I always thought it works like this. And I don't have any zone where NP gains are based on 25 or 64. I only use good old CZ map. And I don't understand how it is messed up if it's giving 100% correct numbers :
    Code:
    Using base NP amount: 50
    1 - 50 (official) vs 50 (yours)
    2 - 28 (official) vs 28 (yours)
    3 - 21 (official) vs 21 (yours)
    4 - 17 (official) vs 17 (yours)
    5 - 15 (official) vs 15 (yours)
    6 - 14 (official) vs 14 (yours)
    7 - 13 (official) vs 13 (yours)
    8 - 12 (official) vs 12 (yours)
    One more thing. I presumed NP increase with premiums in USKO (most likely old USKO, didn't play since moradon ressurection lol) was +28% percent. Should I just go ahead add %28?

  15. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    Yes, I came up with this algo when I was a kid lol. I'm not so good at maths but I think there's no missing parentheses. I always thought it works like this. And I don't have any zone where NP gains are based on 25 or 64. I only use good old CZ map. And I don't understand how it is messed up if it's giving 100% correct numbers :
    Code:
    Using base NP amount: 50
    1 - 50 (official) vs 50 (yours)
    2 - 28 (official) vs 28 (yours)
    3 - 21 (official) vs 21 (yours)
    4 - 17 (official) vs 17 (yours)
    5 - 15 (official) vs 15 (yours)
    6 - 14 (official) vs 14 (yours)
    7 - 13 (official) vs 13 (yours)
    8 - 12 (official) vs 12 (yours)
    One more thing. I presumed NP increase with premiums in USKO (most likely old USKO, didn't play since moradon ressurection lol) was +28% percent. Should I just go ahead add %28?
    Right, but see you came to those numbers using a different algo. You worked out that algo based solely on one amount, so those numbers match up (the final amounts do, anyway)... but as soon as you feed it anything different, it's wrong.
    Really, I was just curious because you gave a specific algo there which looked very wrong to me (and double-checking the official algo, yeah -- it is wrong).

    What are you using these calcs for? If it's nothing server-y (or you're only ever using it for that one amount) then there's no real problem, but it's definitely not accurate.
    Have a look at the actual values it produces:
    Code:
    Using base NP amount: 50
    1 - 50 (official) vs 50 (yours)
    2 - 28.5 (official) vs 28 (yours)
    3 - 21.333333 (official) vs 20.666667 (yours)
    4 - 17.75 (official) vs 17 (yours)
    5 - 15.6 (official) vs 14.8 (yours)
    6 - 14.166667 (official) vs 13.333333 (yours)
    7 - 13.142857 (official) vs 12.285714 (yours)
    8 - 12.375 (official) vs 11.5 (yours)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. the world map for the americans
    By EvilAtomicFrog in forum Media
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-15-2008, 10:24 PM
  2. for all the ppl who talk about new server
    By _random_ in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-11-2007, 11:15 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •