Results 1 to 11 of 11

Can someone make this kind of server already ?!

This is a discussion on Can someone make this kind of server already ?! within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Simple, make a MYKO server where you start at 70 (which is max lvl) and with shells +8/9 and shard ...
Page: 1


  1. #1
    O_o Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,582

    Default Can someone make this kind of server already ?!

    Simple, make a MYKO server where you start at 70 (which is max lvl) and with shells +8/9 and shard raptor etc +8/9, where all you need to farm is bosses and get uniques. This will make the pk very active coz ppl will want to get uniques and will be in CZ.
    Also, you can make that kill reward thing in CZ where each kill give you 1 item and you'll need xx gems for y unique.
    You can also add boss summon scrolls to pus for donators and it won't make them op (maybe at the beginning but it depends on the drop rate). And then you can do boss events aswell.
    When the server evolve you can also add biffrost and ED items.

    So what's your thoughts?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    The flip side is that leaves very little for players to actually do. Farming bosses would be increasingly difficult for everyone to focus on at any given time due to respawn times, so that really just leaves the PK.
    Is the PK alone really enough to sustain a server for all that long?

  3. #3
    twitch.tv/sneaksdota Senior Member SnEaKy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Posts
    538

    Default

    prime example of why I hate PK servers.

  4. #4
    O_o Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,582

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    The flip side is that leaves very little for players to actually do. Farming bosses would be increasingly difficult for everyone to focus on at any given time due to respawn times, so that really just leaves the PK.
    Is the PK alone really enough to sustain a server for all that long?
    Not really... Respawn time can be like 2 hours, but with low drop rate (like 1 drop per 2-3). Also don't forget that you can do boss events and that you'll have boss summon scrolls and that kill reward system.
    IMO all those methods are enough to keep ppl playing.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    806

    Default

    That wont work , because it seems everyone is interested of having MYKO based server . That light farm style might work , but as stated the PK itself wouldn't resume that server for long. However if you would implent bosses to BOWL with like 30minutes-40minutes respawn range it would keep bowl raided alot.

    I wouldn't personally join server with high class items +8 at begin , because it would be boring just to farm uniques with (4-6hours respawn time). Not that I play KO anyhow, but if i'd choose to play it wouldn't be that style.

  6. #6
    Teh Rapist Senior Member TheRealCandyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    358

    Default

    As they've said above me, it'll only last for so long, because without other things to keep players entertained these days a server just dies and they just move onto the next best thing. In order for a server like this to succeed you would need additional zones, additional items, additional events, cause once players start getting bored there's really no getting past it, if it happens once it'll happen more and more, especially once players get uniques.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MyDestiny View Post
    Not really... Respawn time can be like 2 hours, but with low drop rate (like 1 drop per 2-3). Also don't forget that you can do boss events and that you'll have boss summon scrolls and that kill reward system.
    IMO all those methods are enough to keep ppl playing.
    I think you misunderstand what I was trying to say: with the lengthy respawn times of bosses, players must wait a considerable amount of time for a SINGLE group to reap the rewards each time. For this reason, all that the majority of people will have to *definitely* look forward to will be PK'ing. But sure, boss events do help there.

  8. #8
    O_o Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,582

    Default

    Then what's the different in all those farm severs..? You'll get the max gear somewhen anyway.

    This kind of servers were released few years ago, and were very successful, to bad they didn't have the ability to fight those DDOSers :\

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MyDestiny View Post
    Then what's the different in all those farm severs..? You'll get the max gear somewhen anyway.

    This kind of servers were released few years ago, and were very successful, to bad they didn't have the ability to fight those DDOSers :\
    With hard rates it easily can take up to 2 -3 weeks in order to obtain the full gear and it definetely keeps it more interesting than having instant gear and farming for uniques. Server like that IF it has 300-400 users it gonna need bosses to each zone practically and most likely you need insert shitloads of another zones aswell to balance the unique gain.

    Imagine that feeling when 60x of same nation are fighting over 1 boss each 3-6hours? To make that work you'd might want something similiar to this :

    Full plate +8 (non tradeable)
    Medium weapon +8 (non tradeable)
    +9's jewels
    50k cash.
    Then make people hard farm for high class items.

  10. #10
    Teh Rapist Senior Member TheRealCandyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MyDestiny View Post
    Then what's the different in all those farm severs..? You'll get the max gear somewhen anyway.

    This kind of servers were released few years ago, and were very successful, to bad they didn't have the ability to fight those DDOSers :\
    Farm servers deliver more things for players to do, because let's face the facts, PK'ing 24/7 is boring, you need other things to do and simply competing for bosses just isn't enough for the community, a farm server gives diversity, in a farm server you have low levels, low gear, high levels low gear, high levels decent gear, low levels decent gear, etc, it makes it so the gameplay is more fun because everyone isn't the same which causes it to be more competitive.

    But either way from the looks of it these days no server has a fighting chance, there's just too many new servers releasing every week and they chip away at populations of the good servers, so you put those 10 servers with 50 or so players together thats well over 400-500 players that could be making 1 server successful instead of having 10 greedy owners attempting to make a few quick bucks.

  11. #11
    O_o Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,582

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mortal View Post
    With hard rates it easily can take up to 2 -3 weeks in order to obtain the full gear and it definetely keeps it more interesting than having instant gear and farming for uniques. Server like that IF it has 300-400 users it gonna need bosses to each zone practically and most likely you need insert shitloads of another zones aswell to balance the unique gain.

    Imagine that feeling when 60x of same nation are fighting over 1 boss each 3-6hours? To make that work you'd might want something similiar to this :



    Then make people hard farm for high class items.
    Who said 3-6 hours respawn? And you're forgetting the boss events + boss scrolls + kill rewards...

    I think that with all the farm servers out there, our community need a server like this...

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealCandyman View Post
    Farm servers deliver more things for players to do, because let's face the facts, PK'ing 24/7 is boring, you need other things to do and simply competing for bosses just isn't enough for the community, a farm server gives diversity, in a farm server you have low levels, low gear, high levels low gear, high levels decent gear, low levels decent gear, etc, it makes it so the gameplay is more fun because everyone isn't the same which causes it to be more competitive.

    But either way from the looks of it these days no server has a fighting chance, there's just too many new servers releasing every week and they chip away at populations of the good servers, so you put those 10 servers with 50 or so players together thats well over 400-500 players that could be making 1 server successful instead of having 10 greedy owners attempting to make a few quick bucks.
    So why there are so many servers that are dying before they are even getting DDOSed? Same as the reason you say pk server die, people lost interest in it...

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-23-2009, 06:45 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-09-2009, 06:03 PM
  3. Hi can someone make this sig for me? :)
    By Zerbs in forum Graphics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-29-2008, 09:10 PM
  4. Can someone make this computer noob a sig?
    By matthew in forum Graphics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-13-2008, 02:02 AM
  5. Can Someone Make Me A Sig With This Please
    By HeAluhH in forum Media
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-24-2006, 04:46 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •