Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Cerberus Knight Online [FARM Server, Super Custom] From DACRepair & MOD_CHAMPION

This is a discussion on Cerberus Knight Online [FARM Server, Super Custom] From DACRepair & MOD_CHAMPION within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; What the rar pass ??? OMG ! w8...
Page: 2

What the rar pass ??? OMG ! w8

If you paid attention to the download page, you would see it there.

Cano Senior Member Canofwhopass's Avatar

This server is really fun. Best farm server iv played in a long time.

Banned Senior Member

fix download link after the 300 seconds of waiting it isnt starting...

the download link is off for a short period, I am preparing to officialize the server, and there is a virus in the current rar, be patient there will be one up shortly

Quote Originally Posted by DACRepair View Post
    the download link is off for a short period, I am preparing to officialize the server, and there is a virus in the current rar, be patient there will be one up shortly
    So, I was right..

howd it get there? just wondering ( no offense )

Give we to opening hours??

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eupheuz View Post
    So, I was right..

howd it get there? just wondering ( no offense )
    Uploader was probably infected himself, viruses can spread like crazy.

yeah i got infected, i installed antiviruses on all 7 of my machines and on my servers to make sure everythings clean, there was a virus, luckily the way parite.b works is just to make you pay to have some computer guy fix your computer
    it adds 38 bytes to the end of your exe so most software that checksums itself for integrity will fail

as far as how it got there, dunno i keep a tight ship at my office since i do a lot of computerwork for a business, could have been from a customer computer that was on my network, either way it has been taken care up, there will be a link to a tool for those that go infected (works really well) and my new client thats being uploaded as we speak is clean

As far as when will it be officially up, prolly like 2-3 hours, im actually migrating it to its own box, the beta was on a small vm while i was waiting for my box to be provisioned (all of my boxes run xen to help manage resources, so essentially i run my knight servers on a vps, but its on dedicated hardware that i own and configure)

and also no offense taken, I work in the computer business, its like a hospital, so sometimes you might catch a cold :P

yeah i got infected, i installed antiviruses on all 7 of my machines and on my servers to make sure everythings clean, there was a virus, luckily the way parite.b works is just to make you pay to have some computer guy fix your computer
    it adds 38 bytes to the end of your exe so most software that checksums itself for integrity will fail

as far as how it got there, dunno i keep a tight ship at my office since i do a lot of computerwork for a business, could have been from a customer computer that was on my network, either way it has been taken care up, there will be a link to a tool for those that go infected (works really well) and my new client thats being uploaded as we speak is clean

As far as when will it be officially up, prolly like 2-3 hours, im actually migrating it to its own box, the beta was on a small vm while i was waiting for my box to be provisioned (all of my boxes run xen to help manage resources, so essentially i run my knight servers on a vps, but its on dedicated hardware that i own and configure)

and also no offense taken, I work in the computer business, its like a hospital, so sometimes you might catch a cold :P
    Alright, thanks for this. I had to install AVG and it cleaned it up.

Ok, so the new download is Virus Free, the server is live!, the game server should be up in a few minutes.

You should have really let it on beta for longer and advertise it. Almost no one on

No one online indeed :S Downloading client, hopefully others will be coming too... Don't know how much fun it'll be to run around an empty server solo...

Not really
    Beta is used to test a product, not get more people
    A Live server means that its public and available to play on
    more people comes from better advertising, we hasn't had a lot of advertising, and its only been up for a bit, I did 3 weeks of stability testing, and me and mod spent like a whole 2 weeks setting everything up (including dev time).

so "technically" its been in beta for over a month
    Last edited by DACRepair; 03-30-2012 at 01:28 PM.

Not really
    Beta is used to test a product, not get more people
    A Live server means that its public and available to play on
    more people comes from better advertising, we hasn't had a lot of advertising, and its only been up for a bit, I did 3 weeks of stability testing, and me and mod spent like a whole 2 weeks setting everything up (including dev time).

so "technically" its been in beta for over a month
    But the thing is that most of ppl that play KO are there to be the strongest guy on the server, the top 1.
    Also, lots of ppl wont join if its been up for a week becasue they think they are far far behind.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast