Page 6 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 16 56 ... LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

ClimaxKO *Coming Soon*

This is a discussion on ClimaxKO *Coming Soon* within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by razor Easy there balance master lol 25 secs from 7 is too much, and if styx isn't ...
Page: 6

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Easy there balance master lol

25 secs from 7 is too much, and if styx isn't able to completely deplete a bar most of the times then it's 100% useless ("let's try to inflict a clutch styx on this priest / warrior and pray that they are already low on mana!"). 1500 reduction and 25 seconds cooldown, just what's the purpose of this item ability then? Balanced around the chance of facing an archer party? Not having enough mana is similar to a silence that lasts 2 secs or lower (depending on pot pre-cast time), yet it's treated as if it was more powerful than a stun or a slow in this game, CC that is extremely easy to re-apply on top of that. Surely no mage has to wait 25 seconds to stun someone for 3 seconds again and again, right?

The compensation buff is without mincing words, awful. A usability buff that has nothing to do with actual pvp performance. It's like nerfing magic shield to 60 resists each and 2 min cooldown but to compensate you no longer need to spend stones of rogue when casting it.

Not trying to be negative, just my 2c.

An actual compensation buff would be normalizing the cast, making it become a normal arrow cast instead of the slow self-snare one.
    I said 1500-2k, and these balance changes aren't official yet. I'm still tweaking everything. I tried 2500 mana already and that was too much. At the most, I'll raise it to 1800 mana decrease and put it on a 20 second timer, thats just an idea.

Edit : Like I said, I'm still balancing classes, I may even make it higher than 1800 it all depends how it plays out.

Still useless imo... but well, it's your server.

Just kind of mind blowing how silence > stun / slow in ko. Even more considering how the ratio of archers to sins (or any other class) is very low, and how archers are the only ones with access to that condition.

The purpose of this ability isn't clear yet. 1800-2k reduction, they had enough mana to get the heal off or keep attacking your party member, what now? now it's on a ridiculous cooldown that won't come up again before this skirmish ends.

Better off not using anything lol. It doesn't feel rewarding nor is it reliable anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Still useless imo... but well, it's your server.

Just kind of mind blowing how silence > stun / slow in ko. Even more considering how the ratio of archers to sins (or any other class) is very low, and how archers are the only ones with access to that condition.
    It may seem useless but people has around 4k mana max on 70 cap lol. After a few skills their mana is almost gone.

archers is always a reason for people to whine or cry and it wont change. People has tried over these years to make 5/3 combo stable and fair for all but you either make it too op or too low. I hope you guys find solution to fix it or just remove whole bug.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdudle View Post
    It may seem useless but people has around 4k mana max on 70 cap lol. After a few skills their mana is almost gone.
    (i edited my last post and added some info)

rogues literally mash mana potion, so styx is useless against them.

warriors have a low mana pool, yes, but it's an archers one and only tool to stand a chance against them in a 1v1. Furthermore... it's not like warriors really need help or indirect buffs.

int priests can easily get over 4k mana, and keep it up to make styx almost nullified. BPs get fucked indeed but not just by styx, anything screws them over.

styx on paper mages is mostly wasted, since there are better targets to use it against (int mages have way more than 4k as well).

Another idea would be to leave styx on a 10~ seconds cooldown and 3000 mana reduction, but make it like arc shot, or any normal arrow that doesn't have 100% accuracy (styx itself doesn't have a 100% landing ratio, close to 95% though). This way the ability remains useful if it lands, and it has counterplay while still feeling rewarding!

Same client will run on official?

Quote Originally Posted by PaletazO View Post
    Same client will run on official?
    Maybe, depends if I have to change a lot of stuff client side.

@Razor I'll see what I can do with Styx, as Mortal said its hard to balance archers.

Maybe, depends if I have to change a lot of stuff client side.
    Just give them a patch for it. I can't imagine you'll be adding/changing a whole bunch of models, zones etc, so the patch shouldn't be that big.

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Just give them a patch for it. I can't imagine you'll be adding/changing a whole bunch of models, zones etc, so the patch shouldn't be that big.
    Yar I guess

Anyway, I've been told to change the exchange rates on gems/chests so I'll do that.

Quote Originally Posted by mortal View Post
    People has tried over these years to make 5/3 combo stable and fair for all but you either make it too op or too low. I hope you guys find solution to fix it or just remove whole bug.
    Honestly I think 5/3 combo is fair. In a VS it is indeed OP but you can always manage to mess up an archer really easily (some people may call you a homo without a mother tho, but you're on the internet so embrace it). In PK it is one of the only perks that an archer has got that is actually usefull (along with styx), for canceling heals, quick killing an unaware priest, etc. And yet it is very dangerous to use because by the time you stop to 5/3 combo you can easily get killed.

Archers and Battle Priests are two classes that basically went extinct so I'm in favor of making those a little bit OP (especially Battle Priests) in not only this, but every server.

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan View Post
    Honestly I think 5/3 combo is fair. In a VS it is indeed OP but you can always manage to mess up an archer really easily (some people may call you a homo without a mother tho, but you're on the internet so embrace it). In PK it is one of the only perks that an archer has got that is actually usefull (along with styx), for canceling heals, quick killing an unaware priest, etc. And yet it is very dangerous to use because by the time you stop to 5/3 combo you can easily get killed.

Archers and Battle Priests are two classes that basically went extinct so I'm in favor of making those a little bit OP (especially Battle Priests) in not only this, but every server.
    Personally i'll make this redneck balance the bps as much as possible , Pux_as here btw .

Quote Originally Posted by PendexO View Post
    Personally i'll make this redneck balance the bps as much as possible , Pux_as here btw .
    That's what I'm talking about! Make him throw some 25 DDs and pump that Judgment up! People don't got the balls to play BP anymore since it's too hard/weak. As I saw on bazinga you were/are the only BP standing there haha which is GG!

That's what I'm talking about! Make him throw some 25 DDs and pump that Judgment up! People don't got the balls to play BP anymore since it's too hard/weak. As I saw on bazinga you were/are the only BP standing there haha which is GG!
    I've already got judgment increased but... 25 DD's? xD Isn't that a bit overkill.

I've already got judgment increased but... 25 DD's? xD Isn't that a bit overkill.
    Poor BPs dude, seriously. On 70 cap when I'm on sin and I start hiting them they can't even throw a debuff because they all get canceled. They get crushed by a single assassin and there will be a lot of them . Paper DD 25 can make the class playable again. You can even add a high amount of STR requirement to it so INT priests won't use it.

Poor BPs dude, seriously. On 70 cap when I'm on sin and I start hiting them they can't even throw a debuff because they all get canceled. They get crushed by a single assassin and there will be a lot of them . Paper DD 25 can make the class playable again. You can even add a high amount of STR requirement to it so INT priests won't use it.
    I'll see what I can do. I want all classes to stand a chance, so we'll see. Will have to test 25 DD on BP vs sin.

Page 6 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 16 56 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    11-09-2014, 02:07 PM
  2. Hits: 1
    10-28-2014, 01:58 AM
  3. Hits: 4
    10-27-2014, 02:44 PM
  4. Hits: 3
    08-02-2014, 04:30 AM
  5. Hits: 3
    07-31-2014, 07:25 PM