Page 61 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162636465 ... LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

ClimaxKO *Coming Soon*

This is a discussion on ClimaxKO *Coming Soon* within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I balanced most things around PvP itself ; not so much vs wise. You can report the findings, I don't ...
Page: 61

Banned Senior Member

I balanced most things around PvP itself ; not so much vs wise. You can report the findings, I don't mind. As far as priest goes, shrug? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    Rick I'm wondering whether I should report my findings or not. I will say that some classes are a bit unbalanced in different situations, but in PvP they're all good. Also, there's something I did with priest that is rather strong I'd say. I wouldn't change it though. If you do, then support priests will be nerfed too much.
    I'd report it, that way a solution can at least be discussed if something does need to change.

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    I'd report it, that way a solution can at least be discussed if something does need to change.
    B-but.. I wanna be op...

Alright I'll do the good deed! I just don't want to bother Rick too much since I don't want to delay the launch. It's balanced pk wise anyway.

Banned Senior Member

As long as its not a total fucking aids issue it's not gonna delay the launch.

Alright.. Here goes nothing.

- Sins are completely overpowered in 1vs1. (Tested with Climax armors without krowaz weapons. Against warriors and BPs.)

- BP paper set is relatively useless since the priest Climax Set is superior to use on BP. The paper set is nice to have but atm I don't see how it would have any purpose. You can have WAY superior stats with the climax set.

- People have 200+ resists with the max gear. This causes mages to do relatively low damage. I'm kind of worried you're not going to have any mage clans attending which would be sad. We're going melee, but I'd rather have both melee and mage clans play the server, instead of just melee parties left and right. Melees have this annoying habit of following each other and ksing you see..

Edit: Do FR/Imir/Shio increase mage nova damage. Or just staff damage?

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Uh, don't get me wrong, but isn't that what you did?

Anyway, I have no problem fixing critical bugs. Cosmetic stuff that's an issue on most other servers isn't really such a huge priority though.
    and this was when?

Banned Senior Member

I'm not sure what else to do to sins to make them less OP in 1 v 1. I feel like their damage is where it should be and if I nerf them too hard they'll be shit in PK. Maybe I could lower the amount that MH heals?

Any suggestions for BP set then? I thought it was fine considering Climax priest only gives HP.

200+ resists I dont know what to do about that personally. I decreased warrior/rogue climax resistance from 15 to 8. We'll see how it goes on official with the mage clans if they pop up (hopefully they do, I like variety.) Previously tho people complained that mages were too OP at the start.

As far as I'm aware shio/fr/imir increases nova damage.

Fap fap fap Senior Member ISpitOnYourGrave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigdudle View Post
    I'm not sure what else to do to sins to make them less OP in 1 v 1. I feel like their damage is where it should be and if I nerf them too hard they'll be shit in PK. Maybe I could lower the amount that MH heals?

Any suggestions for BP set then? I thought it was fine considering Climax priest only gives HP.

200+ resists I dont know what to do about that personally. I decreased warrior/rogue climax resistance from 15 to 8. We'll see how it goes on official with the mage clans if they pop up (hopefully they do, I like variety.) Previously tho people complained that mages were too OP at the start.

mages are always op in the start of a long lasting server

Quote Originally Posted by bigdudle View Post

You could try reduce the amount healed by minor by a small amount and see how it works. It seems like a viable idea.

The complete rework of the BP set would take me a while to do. But after testing both the BP paper and the Climax set I found out that you can throw away 1k HP and gain 250 AC and 3k MP, not to mention the resists you gain from INT. I assume with completely optimized gear setup you could reach around 2050 AP with Wirinom+8 while upholding very high AC, HP, Resists and MP. Not to mention to ability to wear Leonard and Gab and still deal 1k+ damage.

I could try restat a few times to try out the paper set and make a decent build that would go along with it.. But restat is a hassle since it requires a relog to debug it

Edit: Paper BP set works if you go buffer build. In that sense it's very much viable. Just lacks in group PK because parasite OP.
    Last edited by Kallop; 04-01-2015 at 02:02 PM.

Fuck mages, they ruin most servers because they outnumber melee's so much. I don't see why you cant be effective with an 800 dmg nova.

Quote Originally Posted by FreekaleeK View Post
    Fuck mages, they ruin most servers because they outnumber melee's so much. I don't see why you cant be effective with an 800 dmg nova.
    Because warriors have 8k+ HP and priests as well. I don't know if it's 800 damage even. We haven't tested with Fulitols and flame rings though.

Banned Senior Member

Like I said, krowaz armors/weps wont be added for a while

Wait, the restat bug is still there ? bummer ...

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anibal View Post
    Wait, the restat bug is still there ? bummer ...

Can't fix it either, and b4 anybody says 'but theres a public release on it' already talked with twostars in the past about it, I forgot exactly why but the patch cant be applied without completely breaking other things. It's not that big of a deal anyway. Bit of an annoyance, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    Because warriors have 8k+ HP and priests as well. I don't know if it's 800 damage even. We haven't tested with Fulitols and flame rings though.
    Then you better time your nova's better. Mages ruin every single server because any noob party can do it and be effective, you should make it difficult to play a full mage party, so the only reason people will want to do it is to fight against other full mage parties.

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    11-09-2014, 02:07 PM
  2. Hits: 1
    10-28-2014, 01:58 AM
  3. Hits: 4
    10-27-2014, 02:44 PM
  4. Hits: 3
    08-02-2014, 04:30 AM
  5. Hits: 3
    07-31-2014, 07:25 PM
  6. Hits: 74