View Poll Results: Which level cap do youprefer?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll

46 51.11%

17 18.89%

27 30.00%
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

ClimaxKO (Under Development)

This is a discussion on ClimaxKO (Under Development) within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Open poll for lvl 59/69...
Page: 5

Open poll for lvl 59/69

SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by costo View Post
    Basicly, at level 70 cap... Theres rough balance on what classes can be played to great potential.

Mages lack there 72 staff skill, 75 armor, and 80 novas etc.

Priests lack Hellis, ability to go full duff + 1920.

Warriors have one of the least affected skillsets,they have a strong 70 skill, so you have smaller counter issues.

Rogues, have the strongest kit, allowing them to minor heal, cure curses indefinitely, do tons of damage, run horribly fast comparativly, and even allow them to take 800 defense ( via evading giving up bloody beast ), it has turn arounds.. but it's effectivly getting the entire ac of a full set of armor.

The 70 skillcap kinda favors rogues and warriors, forcing priests and mages into support only roles unless they are compensated.

No one wants a huge party of mages in KO doing tons of damage, but its hard to nerf that without helping out..

Basicly... at a 70 cap..

Judgment should hit around half of spike to a third of spike.

Mage staff same thing, depending on stun rates / chill rates.

There's a lot of playability added to help balance classes with the higher level skills, that without, causes the classes like Priest and Mage to fall behind to pure consistent damage.
    So I guess this server won't be for you then, everything you described makes it more than obvious you are 80 cap player. On a 70 cap server you can't balance out mages and priests to be solo classes, simply can't cause they get to OP in party if they are made for solo rape. Messing to much in to custom items defeats the purpose of an old 70 cap. You reffered to stun and ice rates in your posts. Mages simply can't be made stronger for the reason you mentioned yourself. Stun and ice rates are incredible high. With magic shield and full resistance gear they been stunning me and slowing me 3 / 5. I really enjoy 70 cap servers myself for one reason only, it's fast paced PK, so you destroy all the noobs that are used to play 80 cap with huge mana pools and hp pools. It's different pk style, you need fast reflexes and predictability. All the old usko players from the starting days of xigenon and diez will know what I am exactly reffering too :P
    InfernalFire likes this.

Just go for 70 like it was and up it man if u change jewlery to +0 we would die fast then before so its not cool
    risap likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PaletazO View Post
    Just go for 70 like it was and up it man if u change jewlery to +0 we would die fast then before so its not cool

+1 , yeah leave the jewels +1.

all classes are good to in my opinion duno what you guys think about it

Banned Senior Member

Like I said, the whole jewel upgrade thing is still in discussion. I'm not sure yet if we're going to do it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdudle View Post
    Lol I gotta make some changes to stuff hoar. Nothing too major tho, I'll have a topic up in a few days.

@ZeroH one a of kind baby cakes.
    The ones AfterMath bought?

Quote Originally Posted by SheldonCooper View Post
    So I guess this server won't be for you then, everything you described makes it more than obvious you are 80 cap player. On a 70 cap server you can't balance out mages and priests to be solo classes, simply can't cause they get to OP in party if they are made for solo rape. Messing to much in to custom items defeats the purpose of an old 70 cap. You reffered to stun and ice rates in your posts. Mages simply can't be made stronger for the reason you mentioned yourself. Stun and ice rates are incredible high. With magic shield and full resistance gear they been stunning me and slowing me 3 / 5. I really enjoy 70 cap servers myself for one reason only, it's fast paced PK, so you destroy all the noobs that are used to play 80 cap with huge mana pools and hp pools. It's different pk style, you need fast reflexes and predictability. All the old usko players from the starting days of xigenon and diez will know what I am exactly reffering too :P

I know what your referering too, I was Reflex0r on Diez... It can be balanced, I've done it too on a few servers i helped with.

I've been around a long time lol...

Not hating at all, i mean honestly though, Saying there too strong in a party, could the same not be said of Archer's considering if you had 8 of them, they could all rotate styx, stack and do 500% dmg spam, cancellations, stuns, etc?...

Full part of assasins all spiking the same target then lightfeeting away?

The balance is tricky with mages to make them non support, but ultimatly there damage etc needs to be on par with the other classes, and not Crazy...

See the archer can do ok damage at range, but he has the stun and light arrow to help him get into melee where he is more vulnurable, but able to do a lot of damage.

Giving mages there Staff Skills, and having it balanced ( taking into account slow and stun rates ) is not entirely impossible, it also puts the mage in the position of being in melee, remember Rogues can minor, cure, lightfeet etc..

The big thing is the ability to have that Armor Skill, which allows the mage just a little bit more survivability, making you question if they have it active or not.. I'm not saying i want mage's OP.. But there's possibilities there to make them a bit more survivable, without making them instantly support only.

In your eye's sheldon, im curious.. What makes mages in a party so OP? Personally to me, it's there ability to chain nova's and then follow up with there ranged spells on any survivors.
    Last edited by costo; 04-27-2014 at 11:45 PM.

Banned Senior Member

I'm buffing mages a little bit. In example, lvl 42 fire staff will hit around 425ish which is perfect for 42 staff. Lightning/ice will hit around 350ish. lvl 70 fire nova will hit around 850-900ish (thats with top gear) and lvl 60 around 750ish. Lightning/Ice will hit around 680-725ish

I'm buffing mages a little bit. In example, lvl 42 fire staff will hit around 425ish which is perfect for 42 staff. Lightning/ice will hit around 350ish. lvl 70 fire nova will hit around 850-900ish (thats with top gear) and lvl 60 around 750ish. Lightning/Ice will hit around 680-725ish

That's actually promising news!

LOl u start to make server FAIL we have around 5k as hp on warriors rogues 3.5max with full jewlery and u want 900nova damage? x5novas we dead serious? dude let things like they are dont mess it up.

LOl u start to make server FAIL we have around 5k as hp on warriors rogues 3.5max with full jewlery and u want 900nova damage? x5novas we dead serious? dude let things like they are dont mess it up.
    You seem to forget the fact that mages are pretty weak if they really want do deal that much dmg. Ofc they will probably rape everybody with novas but as long as you are within melee range, you should just rape them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    You seem to forget the fact that mages are pretty weak if they really want do deal that much dmg. Ofc they will probably rape everybody with novas but as long as you are within melee range, you should just rape them.
    You forget they can tp eachother too so u need like rogues or archers , u making warriors useless since they do low damage now they will not can get mages cuz they will make full pt mages for rape yall and only rogues archers will kill them

Banned Senior Member

You forget they can tp eachother too so u need like rogues or archers , u making warriors useless since they do low damage now they will not can get mages cuz they will make full pt mages for rape yall and only rogues archers will kill them
    Previously there were absolutely no mages (there was a reason for that, they were too weak.) If damages are too much they are easily adjustable. Besides, those damages are with top gear (dualflame rings, scorching 8 etc).

Edit : Not to mention fire mages are not supposed to nova 650-700. They are supposed to hit around ~800-850 with lvl 70 nova. I modified damages a lil bit more and they hit around that exactly.

Previously there were absolutely no mages (there was a reason for that, they were too weak.) If damages are too much they are easily adjustable. Besides, those damages are with top gear (dualflame rings, scorching 8 etc).
    I bet anyway warriors are too weak they need increase his damage a bit i had full gear and didnt hit much like 500 :v

I bet anyway warriors are too weak they need increase his damage a bit i had full gear and didnt hit much like 500 :v
    A warrior with HB+8 hit me 700 in LegitKO on my rogue. + with torment warriors spam mages for 1k.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast