Page 1 of 44 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

No Drama KO - releasing soon!

This is a discussion on No Drama KO - releasing soon! within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Quick information Server type: Farm server (in the future, however, we are looking to cater for a variety of server ...
Page: 1

Default No Drama KO - beta launched!

Quick information

Server type: Farm server (in the future, however, we are looking to cater for a variety of server types - this will depend on the population however!)

Forums: No Drama KO
    Panel: No Drama KO | Index
    Mumble (similar to Ventrilo) server: mumble.nodramako.net (default port)
    Facebook: Login | Facebook
    Twitter: NoDramaKO (NoDramaKO) on Twitter

Client download: Download the client - NDKO community forums

Pre-emulator ('beta' server) launch date: LAUNCHED!
    Emulator (official server) launch date: TO BE ANNOUNCED.

Latest updates
    • Patch 1.314 has been released, which solves a myriad of issues and introduces better Linux support!
    • Panel is now live!
    • Tested an automated boss event. It all went smoothly, looking forward to preparing proper boss events in future. Thanks for testing!
    • Scrolls have been added to an NPC (Isaac[event] in Moradon) for the beta server! Have fun!
    • Ongoing lag issues have been resolved!
    • Beta has been launched! Working as fast as we can to identify & resolve each and every issue that is being brought before us; so far we've 'squished' most of them. If you have an issue, please use our support section. Thanks!
    • We'll be giving out prizes in the beta period (as well as the official period!). See our official thread for more information on this month's prize!
    • Schedule is going to plan so far, we're almost there! You can see the countdown on the panel or at the top of our forums!
    • Forums are up for most. Just be patient if you can't see it!
    • Forums might be temporarily offline for users (IP is changing, that's all). Should be back within 8 hours (24 tops!). My apologies for this late changeover!
    • Mumble server shifted to the dedicated server.
    • Purchased dedicated server, final stages of setup underway.
    • Client has been released! Download it here
    • Pre-emulator launch date given. The pre-emulator server will run with increased rates to the official server.
    • Client release date given.
    • Implemented widescreen support into the client. Updated the options editor to include resolutions your system supports, catering for easier use of these resolutions.
    • Implemented a solution to prevent master skills (or any other skills) from being able to used without the required skill points (and ensured this was catered for in the emulator).

The long and boring stuff

Hey guys!

NDKO is an upcoming private server for the Knight Online MMORPG, run by both myself and Jonny (from Lost Soulz / LSKO). What makes us special is the fact that we are (or rather, will be on launch!) the first Knight Online private server to use absolutely none of mgame's own server code - instead, we will ultimately use our own emulator, which has been in (serious) development for several months. As a result, we can offer you the stability, performance and functionality that no other server can really offer you (as mgame's own systems are unfortunately terribly designed) SUCH AS (off the top of my head) proper server-side hack prevention (i.e. wall hacking, speed hacking, 'R-hacking', various skill abuse, etc), custom skill/item implementation, more engaging quests, smarter AI (meaning we can design REAL bosses!), custom events (not to mention official events that other private servers struggle to support, i.e. Border Defense War) and the latest official client.

I'd rather not use this term too much because it seems to get confusing for those who speak non-english languages, but the emulator emulates/replicates/copies/imitates/mimicks the official Knight Online server's behaviour. That said, this project's been designed from scratch - the only thing we're really accurately emulating is what we tell the client, which is - in this case, an extremely good thing, given the problems their poorly designed server has. The server has been completely coded by myself, and partly Jonny (who will be, theoretically, getting more time with it soon) - these are our OWN server files (and efficient ones too if I do say so myself).

With that brief explanation out of the way, let's talk about the server!

We're going to be around for a long time, that you can be sure of. The server itself has been planned for quite some time (something like a few months into the emulator's development).
    As such, the only logical 'server type' choice is a FARM SERVER, although in the future - when we have the population to support it - we're looking to host additional differing rate servers (i.e. PK server, light farm). Not to mention additional grouped servers (i.e. Exp 1, Exp 2, Exp 3). Let's see how we go!

Regarding rates (because I know I generalised it), just think of a farm/exp server. They'll be for the most part slow-ish, but that's all part of the fun - we plan to host a number of different events, and give you a KO experience you won't forget. You won't want to miss out on any of it!
    On a similar note, we will also NOT be releasing a drop list. That's all part of the fun.

Our intent is to 'fast-track' our way through the Knight Online expansions, starting from KE (regarding which, we'll be using a more up-to-date client with several troubling issues taken care of already, i.e. the party bug [solved by default], widescreen support [my own implementation], and better handling of multiple cores [so none of that accidental speed hacking issue]). The level cap will start at 60, and stick with us throughout the beta to the start of the official server, when we'll update the client (first emulator jump) to 1.534 and implement the initial workings of the ROFD expansion (I'd rather not jump between too many clients, like many people, download usage is always an issue for me so I'd rather not have to keep downloading things!)... and so on, and so on. We'll keep to the original expansion changes as closely as possible (level cap, drops, spawns, etc). Our ultimate goal is stay on par with USKO's client, yet provide a much better gameplay experience (as we're all aware, cheating is their primary concern - which they don't deal with so well!).

Oh, and just to get it out of the way; No Drama KO - the name says it all. We're not tolerating drama of any kind, INCLUDING cheating (my specialty).

Now Jonny's turn:

What is special about this server?

Currently this server is running the same old public 1.298 server files.
    The game is using the old Piana and Breth maps with everything working accordingly (had to edit the map files to fix warp gates)
    This is the only server backed by knowledgeable developers (twostars and myself). So, that should be pretty assuring that if an issue should arise it will be resolved in a timely manner.

Why is this server being opened?

The reason this server is being opened is because I am currently part of a project to develop a KO emulator and we will need a population to adequately use/test it.
    So, this server is supposed to attract players so that when the time comes we can test the emulator. Keep in mind this server isn't just for testing, it will be the only server running this emulator.

What is this emulator and why is it so awesome?

Basically the emulator 'emulates' the KO server's behavior but with our own code (designed to run as optimally as possible). As such, we can improve certain aspects of the game, put in custom restrictions and in general, change pretty much anything at will without too much of a fuss.
    A good example of such an improvement that could be made is the proper stun/ice effects. There has been a lot of speculation that these effects can be avoided by using client side .tbl files. We can enforce the effects server side so they cannot be avoided by cheaters. We can increase the number of clans in an alliance (although I think we will keep it as is!). In short, the sky's the limit.

What will be different after the emulator is implemented?

As far as the user experience is concerned, nothing will change, the client will stay the same. We will just have more control over the actual game, note the above.
    Upon the next major update following the implementation of the emulator we do expect to move to a newer client (USKO v1.534), shortly followed by a jump to the latest USKO version, whatever that may be at the time.
    Yes, this means we will eventually move to a NEW client.

Well, if this emulator is so different won't we lose everything when the server switches to the emulator?

Originally we planned to copy across all player data, however with the current onslaught of abusable issues, we feel it best that we start the server fresh (and fair!) for players, when the time comes.
    This changes our plans for the pre-emulator server - it will be running on increased rates, so that you can run through right up to the level cap. It also means that we will be rewarding all participants of the pre-emulator server when the emulator is ready, so that you guys can get a headstart on the newcomers.

Is this still Lost Soulz? Why was LSKO shut down?

I cannot express strongly enough that this is not Lost Soulz. We won't be handling things the same as we did in the past. We're not going to promote or allow drama in the game or on the forums. If you want to make a scene, go cry on your twitter you attention whore. We aren't going through that shit again. I quit hosting because I got fed up with all of the crap. People wanted new things, I added them, people cried... Whatever I did people complained. Now, there's nothing wrong with some constructive criticism, in fact I condone it. I was tempted to put an age restriction on the server, but in the end decided against it. If you're on the internet act like an adult.

How will donations work?

To counter the cost of the dedicated server, we'll be opening up the Power-Up Store on the pre-emulator server. All Knight Cash redeemed through this store will carry over to the emulator stage, regardless of if you've used it or not. To recap, if you receive Knight Cash prior to the official server's release (either via donations or events!), although we'll be wiping player data, you'll get to keep ALL of the Knight Cash - even IF you used it in pre-emulator server.

As for what the Power-Up Store will contain, you'll just have to wait and see! I promise you that nothing will overpower donators.

A note regarding Knight Cash: Knight Cash will not only be obtainable via purchase. You'll find that we aim to give out Knight Cash in many of our events.
    Jonny pretty much says it all, so I'm not going to bore you to death with too much unnecessary detail (if I haven't already!), though you can feel free to ask me anything here (or on the forums. )

See our forums for more information, including the various hacks/exploits we have planned to resolve/have resolved - and discuss any suggestions you have for this server, or those others have suggested (and there have been a lot! Forums have been extremely active. ).

We appreciate any feedback, criticism, etc.

Thanks!

PS: I'll be updating this to include any information I may have missed, or providing new information as it becomes available. Keep checking this space.
    PPS: Any biased and purely opinionated crap will be reported. The server's not quite up yet, so you have absolutely no right to start trouble over nothing.
    PPPS: Yeah, the name always gets brought up. We were going to change it but it stuck. We're the same server regardless. :P
    Last edited by twostars; 04-04-2011 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Bad typo, bad!
    ilovemyko1 likes this.

Shomo

Great
    Ill be there.

Will everyone be able to test out BETA!?

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Future of KO.

[]D [] []V[] []D Senior Member T_rey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    Future of KO.
    This, +1 haha xD

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    Future of KO.
    Sooooo true. Taking it to the next level.

sounds great, imo the "no drama" bit with players will never happen and ill make sure of that, cant wait for emulator launch

Proud Retired KO-Maniac Senior Member

Cant wait

Inactive Member

support it or gtfoh

Quote Originally Posted by Shomo View Post
    Will everyone be able to test out BETA!?
    Yes (if you're referring to the pre-emulator server) - the pre-emulator server will be open to everybody.

The emulator will step through a couple of testing stages before taking over, but there will be more information regarding that as that time draws closer. Thanks.

batrambo

Cant wait :-) im sure the server will have 350+ online players!

Banned Senior Member

Cant wait twostars and johnny is doing a greatttttt job
    cya there

Jonny made a SHITLOAD from lsko, im sure if he just wanted money he would bring lsko back up.

Ill be there. Had enough of people hosting servers w/o knowing any kind of developing.

Better make it good jonny/twostars. No fail. No give up. No greed. Make Knight what it was again for all of us in the beginning. Thanks.

That cracked things rule iz kinda stupidos.What if someone posts game cam or fraps cracked on forum so ppl can record pvp,he gonna get banned ?

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Y`all better leave the drama out or I`m about smack you down with my ban hammer.

Page 1 of 44 1234511 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    10-06-2010, 10:24 PM
  2. Hits: 5
    10-06-2010, 10:12 PM