Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

DKO - Darkness Knight Online

This is a discussion on DKO - Darkness Knight Online within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Panel: Darkness World Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Darkn...023455?fref=ts Official will be opened today 20:00 GMT -5. Download link : https://mega.co.nz/#!BAdmRKwa!MLjN-F...UmcA4KP5cz_8Ic Multiupload.nl - upload ...
Page: 1

Default DKO - Darkness Knight Online

Panel: Darkness World
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Darkn...023455?fref=ts

Official will be opened today 20:00 GMT -5.

Download link :
    https://mega.co.nz/#!BAdmRKwa!MLjN-F...UmcA4KP5cz_8Ic

Multiupload.nl - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Server info:
    • The maximum level will be 83.
    • You start with lvl 83 and some gear.
    • Auto master is enabled.
    • Server has able only |+9 | and | +1 |
    • Compounding is disabled
    • Power up store will be disabled for now.
    • Server version : 18xx.
    • Auto register.
    Maps:

Everything same as usko.

Few images from our beta :

Psdt : This server is not from turkey, it's peruvian and im not the admin thnx.

Same bugged files so think twice before downloading.

:* good pk

Quote Originally Posted by mortal View Post
    Same bugged files so think twice before downloading.
    did you play it? to say that?

Quote Originally Posted by 4YouNoHealStupiD View Post
    did you play it? to say that?
    Well, since you asked...

Bug tracker shows the guy behind it is ZeusAFK.
    This guy's been PM'ing me on Snoxd:

Quote Originally Posted by ZeusAFK
    Subject: Knight Online v1886 Project
    Date: Sent 02 January 2014 - 02:32 PM

Hi, Im new in ko server development, I forked you project at github, great project. I have some problems, I fixed some of them but other I have no idea how can fix it.

Main problem is GameServer crashing in random times, when shared/Condition.cpp/Condition::Wait() is executed, unique_lock for mutex throws system_error exception, can you help me pls, my skype is ZeusAFK.

Thnks.
    (note: the part about it being a direct fork of my project is a lie; it's a fork of AKUMA's... fork, as is made obvious in one of the follow-up PMs)

Quote Originally Posted by twostars
    http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/thread/mutex/lock
    Thnks for answer, I have readed a lot of reference but still can't solve it :/

shared/RWLock.cpp:

void RWLock::AcquireWriteLock()
    {
    _cond.BeginSynchronized();
    _writers++;
    if (_readers)
    _cond.Wait();
    }

When _readers are diferent to 0 and _cond.Wait() is executed? I have a breakpoint in that line and is never executed until GameServer are comming to crash.

and crash when unique_lock constructor is called in shared/Condition.cpp Line 100:

std::unique_lock<std::mutex> lock(m_lock);
    ... it doesn't need to wait if there's nothing reading; it can just get to writing without worrying about breaking anything.
    this is my stack trace:

And access violation reading memory location exception thows if I remove/bypass(try/catch) Condition.Sleep method
    (screenshot reveals code from one of AKUMA's recent attempts to fix things; specifically, the copying of the set (), the try..catch block & name length check (I still don't know what purpose that serves), etc. Basically, I've been following AKUMA's fork, so I recognised the changes from the very recent commit.

This is AKUMA's fork. You should talk to AKUMA about any problems with this fork.
    I has told with AKUMA, but he haven't fix to this problem

you have other public project?
    His fork only exists because I made the main repository private, so no.
    Ok, I made my own little fix for some problems, for example added distance calculation for MagicType8 to fix Warrior Descent teleport without discante limit

float distance = pow(pow(pSkillCaster->GetX() - pTUser->GetX(), 2) + pow(pSkillCaster->GetY() - pTUser->GetY(), 2), 1.0 / 2) / 4;
    if(distance > pType->sRadius)
    return false;

or consideration of HitRate to warriors stun skills(leg cutting, scream, shock stun), and others, but this GameServer crash is really hard to fix :/
    ... there's methods for that. *points to Unit::isInRange(), Unit::isInRangeSlow(), Unit::GetDistance(), etc...*
    Im still learning the code of the project
    Date: Sent 10 January 2014 - 06:03 AM
    Hi again, I decided to work with your project, I found an old version and I find it stable, clearly has several bugs, but I am trying to work on them as best I can, for example did not work repairing items but already solved, now I have a problem which can not find the cause, when a player kills another or is killed, is suddenly disconnected from the game.

I hope you can help me, thanks.
    Step 1: identify the cause. With a debugger.
    That try but make a debug is not easy because it happens sometimes, not all the time but frequently and identify that moment is giving me problems, I'm reviewing the method OnDeath, I'm not sure if this is the right way to find the cause of the problem.
    Okay, I'm no expert in C++, in fact this is the first time I work with a project of Knight Online, I asked you for help because you made this code and maybe you could give me some notion of where to start to revise. I'll try to fix it as best I can.

Anyway, thanks for your help.
    So in conclusion:
    - guy finds source.
    - guy sets up source on server.
    - somewhere at this point (since the server was announced on the 23rd [edit: grabbed correct date from Facebook] of December), guy decides to advertise server.
    - January 2nd: guy fumbles around trying to understand & fix a crash, and failing (funnily enough, the same time AKUMA himself was pestering me about it. Hm.).
    - guy contacts me, apart from pointing him to the C++11 ref which explains exactly why it's caused, I don't appear to help him all that much.
    - January 10th: guy gives up, allegedly pulls 6 month old source of snoxd-koserver repo (i.e. before AKUMA touched it), starts working with that (bear in mind this is NOWHERE near reliable at this point; it'd undergone several major changes and we had to smooth out the edges for a few weeks after this).
    - server is releasing today (13th?)

At most, he's had 2 weeks on it. More likely, he's had well under a week.
    Note that anything he may or may not have done was scrapped when he switched out the source completely with the 6 month older copy.

The server isn't ready. Seriously.

You're welcome.

Edit:
    Also, if there were any doubt, in the above screenshot the IP shown (in the window title) is 198.245.61.116.
    Code:
    C:\Users\twostars>ping darkness-world.com

Pinging darkness-world.com [198.245.61.116] with 32 bytes of data:
    Reply from 198.245.61.116: bytes=32 time=257ms TTL=117
    Last edited by twostars; 01-12-2014 at 11:02 PM.
    MySexualIntention likes this.

Interesting development.
    I just received a PM from him, asking me to remove this information.

Hi, about your post on gamers4life
    Hi, on this page you commented all our conversation, I think that information shoud be private and you made it public for all, I'll appreciate that you put away that information

<link to PM>

Thnks.
    Yes, let's go and hide his now completely obvious intent (note: I didn't know any of this when actually PM'ing him, it was only after seeing the bug tracker, after reading this thread just now, that I connected the dots).

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Interesting development.
    I just received a PM from him, asking me to remove this information.

Yes, let's go and hide his now completely obvious intent (note: I didn't know any of this when actually PM'ing him, it was only after seeing the bug tracker, after reading this thread just now, that I connected the dots).
    so evil

I am Timmeh Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    so evil
    For trying to save people's time on playing a server that is hopeless ???

Quote Originally Posted by ilovemyko1 View Post
    i know but those words were harsh ;c #Icry

Banned Senior Member

I must agree that displaying the private messages and stuff is a bit lame.
    zuka likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovemyko1 View Post
    No, I'm the problem here, not him (ZeusAFK aka Deadpool) or his server:
    For all the contributions you've made to the online community, and your work, I expected more from you and the type of person that I believed you were, but this is what I get for only ask for your help. Goodbye and sincerely hope that you have a good day.
    Gosh darn. =[

I'm sorry, I really shouldn't have announced a live server before even having a remotely stable project for use (if any at all, at that time).
    I also really shouldn't have run beta on < week old fork of a source project (also after it was announced!), only to switch it out with a 6 month older source project, losing all (if any) changes made in the brief ~week since the original was forked, and completely rendering the entire beta testing stage useless.
    Finally, I really shouldn't have made this all so obvious with my name in the bug tracker, all "testing"/"development" done on the live dedi referenced in screenshots from PMs where I was asking for help with bugs I'm incapable of understanding even with a link straight to the reference detailing the exact usage of the class and the expected behaviour under any condition (i.e. why that exception was being thrown causing the 'crash' in the first place, but I digress; AKUMA couldn't figure it out either, I ended up fixing that myself out of frustration yesterday. Because fuck it is why.).

Oh wait, that wasn't me; I just connected the dots after seeing this thread. I'm a bad, bad (read: evil) person.
    I apologise.

Quote Originally Posted by aKnightsOnline View Post
    I must agree that displaying the private messages and stuff is a bit lame.
    So, you're saying I should have just ignored it and let him get away with wasting a bunch of people's time & money? Sure, I could do that. Grobar wants me to, for your sake and his (nothing against you, just noting that he seems to class you as doing what he does, so he includes you in his tirade against this forum and the injustice of it all).

Or should I have just summed it up without any reference to back any of it up? Sure, I could do that as well, but it seems I do that far too often for my liking (mostly due to the fact any evidence I had is/was at least a year old, so screw it).

No, this time, I backed it up with what I had. Besides: there's really nothing in there that's private: not even that IP, since he's using it for his live server.
    Privacy really isn't the issue here; he just doesn't like his server being exposed for what it is. An instant-server with all the intents of a quick cash-grab.

Sorry, but no.
    Blaze likes this.

Gosh darn. =[

I'm sorry, I really shouldn't have announced a live server before even having a remotely stable project for use (if any at all, at that time).
    I also really shouldn't have run beta on < week old fork of a source project (also after it was announced!), only to switch it out with a 6 month older source project, losing all (if any) changes made in the brief ~week since the original was forked, and completely rendering the entire beta testing stage useless.
    Finally, I really shouldn't have made this all so obvious with my name in the bug tracker, all "testing"/"development" done on the live dedi referenced in screenshots from PMs where I was asking for help with bugs I'm incapable of understanding even with a link straight to the reference detailing the exact usage of the class and the expected behaviour under any condition (i.e. why that exception was being thrown causing the 'crash' in the first place, but I digress; AKUMA couldn't figure it out either, I ended up fixing that myself out of frustration yesterday. Because fuck it is why.).

Oh wait, that wasn't me; I just connected the dots after seeing this thread. I'm a bad, bad (read: evil) person.
    I apologise.

So, you're saying I should have just ignored it and let him get away with scamming a bunch of people? Sure, I could do that. Grobar wants me to, for your sake and his (nothing against you, just noting that he seems to class you as doing what he does, so he includes you in his tirade against this forum and the injustice of it all).

Or should I have just summed it up without any reference to back any of it up? Sure, I could do that as well, but it seems I do that far too often for my liking (mostly due to the fact any evidence I had is/was at least a year old, so screw it).

No, this time, I backed it up with what I had. Besides: there's really nothing in there that's private: not even that IP, since he's using it for his live server.
    Privacy really isn't the issue here; he just doesn't like being exposed. An instant-server with all the intents of a quick cash-grab.

Sorry, but no.
    lol im not zeusafk :S

Banned Senior Member

Gosh darn. =[

I apologise.

So, you're saying I should have just ignored it and let him get away with wasting a bunch of people's time & money? Sure, I could do that. Grobar wants me to, for your sake and his (nothing against you, just noting that he seems to class you as doing what he does, so he includes you in his tirade against this forum and the injustice of it all).

Privacy really isn't the issue here; he just doesn't like being exposed. An instant-server with all the intents of a quick cash-grab.

Sorry, but no.
    Fair enough did not know grobar was in on anything here, was simply commenting after reading the part about private messages, my apologies ^

lol im not zeusafk :S
    Fine, I can't prove that. Just that you're affiliated with the team, based on your posts in:
    Darkness Project official launch PK/Farm Server * Lvl 83 * 12/03/2013

Such as:
    apologies for the bug, and was fixed
    I'm sorry for jumping to conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by aKnightsOnline View Post
    Fair enough did not know grobar was in on anything here, was simply commenting after reading the part about private messages, my apologies ^
    I'm not sure if you've noticed, but he has this thing about speaking out about servers because it's just not fair to server owners that people can just, for instance, show everyone that the owners are lying, scamming scumbags. You should probably read your own thread for more info on this, since he was speaking up for you there quite recently (but never fear, he was banned again).

That's all I was referring to.

Fine, I can't prove that. Just that you're affiliated with the team, based on your posts in:
    Darkness Project official launch PK/Farm Server * Lvl 83 * 12/03/2013

Such as:

I'm sorry for jumping to conclusions.
    yes zeusafk is my friend , but im not zeusafk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast