Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Eternal KO, a level 70 limited farm server.

This is a discussion on Eternal KO, a level 70 limited farm server. within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; True.. I partly understand him but if he knows how to fix it and it shouldn't harm his server because ...
Page: 16

True.. I partly understand him but if he knows how to fix it and it shouldn't harm his server because every1 will obviously play in his server when it gets released but he could just help out so that ppl can do smth while they wait. Ohwell its up to him what he decides. It won't harm him if he wants to help but I guess he has his reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by simontjeuh View Post
    that doesn't even matter.... theres obviously something preventing him from helping every single ko owner out, as far as I know this exploit works on nearly every server.

sure, his panel got leaked, partly due to aristona... but what about every other ko owner, what did they do?

I have my own theories on why he refuses to help everyone out, but it would be wrong to spread them as I have no proof.

Looking forward to a reply from twostars, and i truely hope he will help them out.... I noticed he was reading this topic earlier so he probably saw my post already.

I know that my first post might sound harsh but it's just the frustration speaking of knowing that there is a fix around and it still doesn't get fixed....
    well, he doesnt help in general. he only gives hints. you know why? because the developers nowadays only leech the shit out of his releases and dont do anything to provide a better development atmosphere with new and better releases.

i think that he gave aristona a lot of hints at snoxd already, he yet couldnt figure out the problem tho.

then again, why does aristona say its gonna be open at 29.6 if he didnt even fix it.

aristona, in my humble opinion, is just a money hungry person.

he once said he will completely stop with ko development. yet he released like 3 other servers after that statement.

maybe im totally wrong, then im sorry...but thats my biased opinion right now.

peace out

Quote Originally Posted by KingNick View Post
    Wait. So it's not allowed to keep something hidden from others for your own benefit, selfishness, lazyness, w/e?

My whole life a lie!!!!

Seriously... Owners shouldn't expect someone else to do their work while they earn A LOT of money.
    Twostars did a lot for ko, imagine what happend without his fixes? That's right, there would be no more private server ko.
    Exactly, thats why I offer to PAY a lot for it myself, i'm not saying he should release it for free... if he doesn't need money then what other benefits does he get from keepin it to himself (I can think of some...not all of them are nice)

And i'm very aware that twostars made a lot of stuff possible....and I'm really thankful for it, don't get me wrong. But all we want is to play ko NOW, i don't really care about the past or the future... just not clear to me why he doesn't want to release this fix after he has released so many in the past.... as stated, theres obviously something preventing him from doing so. I think we should all stop speculating and wait for twostars his reply.

And obviously, everyone will go to his server when it comes up ...

to slicendice, not even goin to reply on your post would turn this into a flame war.
    Last edited by simontjeuh; 06-30-2011 at 12:50 PM.

Maybe two lied about the fix,he said that he knows how to fix it but doesn't

If I were on two's place,I would release the fix just to show that I did something that no one else could.And it would just confirm that he is a gg dev and that's the reason why should everyone join NDKO when it goes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Decerto View Post
    Maybe two lied about the fix,he said that he knows how to fix it but doesn't

If I were on two's place,I would release the fix just to show that I did something that no one else could.And it would just confirm that he is a gg dev and that's the reason why should everyone join NDKO when it goes up.
    Meh, it's one of the issues KE faced when they tried to launch. That was how long ago now? It was fixed, we decided to merge, same server, no issue. Go figure.

Two currently running servers, however, can attest to the solution working. But I don't have anything to prove, just time to not waste... which I'd do by giving them the solution to another in a long line of never-ending problems. And then another. And... another. Such is KO.

Getting a tad sick of people not making the effort to at least familiarise themselves with... well, Windows, let alone the KO server they're running, so I'm trying to be strong and enforcing the need for server owners to be a little more self-reliant. There's two ways to solve this issue; one to completely patch it out, and the other to just mitigate it to the point of uselessness (which Aristona tried but obviously didn't get). Naturally, the second's going to be well, everyone's option of choice - which requires them to actually learn how to use their server's operating system, and software on it. But it's do-able.

Meh.

I completely understand how you feel twostars, but that really isn't something we players should have to worry about, I hope you understand how we feel about all this... and atm it seems like we won't be able to play on a nice "fresh" farm server untill you launch yours or oldshool decides to wipe which won't happen anywhere soon.... so

and well... how long has aristona been trying to fix it? It's not like hes not doing an effort. I still hope you will help him out allthough I don't see it happen based on your post.

Anyways, thx for atleast replying to sai his post.
    Last edited by simontjeuh; 06-30-2011 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Meh, it's one of the issues KE faced when they tried to launch. That was how long ago now? It was fixed, we decided to merge, same server, no issue. Go figure.

Two currently running servers, however, can attest to the solution working. But I don't have anything to prove, just time to not waste... which I'd do by giving them the solution to another in a long line of never-ending problems. And then another. And... another. Such is KO.

Getting a tad sick of people not making the effort to at least familiarise themselves with... well, Windows, let alone the KO server they're running, so I'm trying to be strong and enforcing the need for server owners to be a little more self-reliant. There's two ways to solve this issue; one to completely patch it out, and the other to just mitigate it to the point of uselessness (which Aristona tried but obviously didn't get). Naturally, the second's going to be well, everyone's option of choice - which requires them to actually learn how to use their server's operating system, and software on it. But it's do-able.

Meh.
    yes yes all understandable but like simon said above, aristona has been trying to fix this for 1 whole year with no success, so i don't see him being able to do it anytime soon, so help us out!

Quote Originally Posted by silentdj View Post
    yes yes all understandable but like simon said above, aristona has been trying to fix this for 1 whole year with no success, so i don't see him being able to do it anytime soon, so help us out!
    If it really took him an entire year to fix or otherwise mitigate (no wait! he... didn't!) a security issue, what do you really see for him in the future?

There's a huge difference between spending a year on something, and trying something a year before (and failing), and coming back (a year later) and trying it again.

Have patience my little ponies. I'm sure someone will come up with something eventually.

So by the sounds of it you're holding back a fix for servers so you friends server which is coming up soon gets popularity?

Whatever, it's your fix so it's fine what you do with it, but at least say it and not beat around the bush.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    So by the sounds of it you're holding back a fix for servers so you friends server which is coming up soon gets popularity?

Whatever, it's your fix so it's fine what you do with it, but at least say it and not beat around the bush.
    I really wasn't, but given the current situation it appears so - albeit "indirectly", as they're using NDKO's patched files (and were before this thing became widely used again).

But this topic is about EternalKO.

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

See this is what I hate about Two. He is the best KO developer there is, and we all know that his server will be the most secured and probably flawless, which are two core reasons as to why it will probably be the most populated server along with the population it brings, but the only problem is, it probably won`t ever release... or maybe by the time I`m in my 30s and I gave up on gaming.

As for this situation, I wouldn`t even help out Aristona if I was in your position... I never played his KI servers of which people speak so highly of, but I was there for the past 3 servers that he released, and miserably failed. For someone with that hot streak I would defiantly not help out.... but you also have to look at things from your perspective. You still have in plan to release NDKO, and not only did you piss off people by being in development for like a year, now you`re just adding the hatred... as well, you are the only that can fix the problem... meaning the least you can honestly do is help them out a bit, so in the meantime while we wait for your server, we don`t bore ourselves to death, or even better, rage to madness over the false releases of servers such as this EternalKO that was suppose to be up yesturday.

[]D [] []V[] []D Senior Member T_rey's Avatar

lol, when people need twostars they love him, when they don't they hate him.. go figure xD.

Quote Originally Posted by Decerto View Post
    If I were on two's place,I would release the fix just to show that I did something that no one else could..
    Remember the wide-screen support? Could anyone else do that .

Good luck with the server I was actually hoping to be able to play it, but really its nothing new, so all the crying is unneeded.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    but you also have to look at things from your perspective. You still have in plan to release NDKO, and not only did you piss off people by being in development for like a year, now you`re just adding the hatred... as well, you are the only that can fix the problem... meaning the least you can honestly do is help them out a bit, so in the meantime while we wait for your server, we don`t bore ourselves to death, or even better, rage to madness over the false releases of servers such as this EternalKO that was suppose to be up yesturday.
    Well... I've already pointed out where the problem lies. I've also pointed out that it's fixable both "the hard way" (i.e. patching the server) and "the easy way" (i.e. securing your OS & MSSQL). Additionally, in the thread in a development forum it's been covered (albeit generically) what needs to be done.

What, I'm supposed to start sitting here spoonfeeding server owners that really shouldn't be running servers in the first place? Oh wait, I've been doing that. Don't cry to me, cry to Aristona. He's the one that's supposedly helping fix this server.

This is why I held off replying to this topic. Everypony really needs to just chill.

Banned for scamming.

Interesting read

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Well... I've already pointed out where the problem lies. I've also pointed out that it's fixable both "the hard way" (i.e. patching the server) and "the easy way" (i.e. securing your OS & MSSQL). Additionally, in the thread in a development forum it's been covered (albeit generically) what needs to be done.

What, I'm supposed to start sitting here spoonfeeding server owners that really shouldn't be running servers in the first place? Oh wait, I've been doing that. Don't cry to me, cry to Aristona. He's the one that's supposedly helping fix this server.

This is why I held off replying to this topic. Everypony really needs to just chill.
    If that`s the case then I stand corrected. Aristona is a retard... there is 3 fail servers of his to support that statement. He should honestly stop trying to run servers if what you say is true, and that is that even with all the clues laid out, he can`t solve it.

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 3
    05-11-2013, 05:57 AM
  2. Hits: 4
    05-01-2012, 07:40 PM
  3. Hits: 1
    05-01-2012, 07:40 PM
  4. Hits: 1
    01-23-2012, 07:06 AM
  5. Hits: 1
    07-05-2011, 04:08 PM
  6. Hits: 1