Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Farm Server?

This is a discussion on Farm Server? within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe Here are the facts about farm servers: 1. THE PAST/HISTORY : LostSoulz was the best farm ...
Page: 3

PFC Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    Here are the facts about farm servers:

1. THE PAST/HISTORY: LostSoulz was the best farm private server to have existed in the past 3 years or so of private server activity.

2. THE PRESENT: AT THE MOMENT, KI (Knight Imperia) is the best farm private server there is... even though if you personally ask me, I think it`s shit as it went from a population of 400 users online to 200 users online on average right after the first week of release.

3. THE FUTURE: From what it seems like NDKO will be the best private farm server whether for the time being or maybe in history of private servers. Why do I say this? Because one of the developers is the person who was the owner of LostSoulz (the server that I mentioned above) and the other is an expert developer to the same level as the owner of the previous LostSoulz server and if not better. They`ve combined their knowledge to create an emulator, which means basically taking out the crappy coding that was done once the game was released, and creating their own and being able to edit anything they want without consequences, thus meaning that cheating won`t be happening (I guess it will be a turk-free server... yay!) So without a doubt, it will be the best coded private server out there as it`s the first emulator version server to be ever released... now the only reason why I say it `might` be the best is all depending whether or not people are willing to try it out, which I know I definitely will as I got high hopes for this server (which I usually don`t have, as I only had one more high hope for private servers and this was when ko4life server was suppose to be released, which it didn`t in the end).
    AMEN+++++++++

Quote Originally Posted by Aristona View Post
    I could understand the comparison of NDKO with KI due to Twostars/Jonny being owners, however a self coded emulator doesn't make your server best. SexyKO has it's own emulator, and in 2 months their online amount dropped from 1100 to 300'ish? People will get bored eventually and quit. You can't eat the same food everyday.
    You did NOT just go there.

a. Although you're correct in your statement that using your own-coded server doesn't necessarily make it the most POPULAR (note: not "best"! When you developers can start to see that leeching crap does NOT make a "good" server, you'll understand what I'm talking about), because people can be utter idiots and do things WORSE than mgame, ALTHOUGH they have yet to (and I'm wondering if they ever will) do so. Knight Imperia can keep on going with their old crap, their leeching and their complaints when things go bad. I'm not listening anymore, so you'll just have to deal with issues without me - and there's a lot of major ones left! Let's hope those see the light of day so we can really see if the "best" servers show their faces or if they all fall due to the inability to leech solutions. No issues in 2 years? That's a downright lie right there - remember what Rodrane did way back? That dedicated server was destroyed. That wasn't an issue? *sigh* You keep making your thousands of dollars. At least NDKO's intent is to please the people, not make more money than we need (which I'm foreseeing it won't).

b. Sick of this whole SexyKO emulator crap. I don't care what he has to say about the code, but he's admitted that he's used bits and pieces of mgame's code (hence a few of the same exploits). The fact that he's ABLE to use the same code implies a very, VERY similar system, and the last I saw it was using the old system - even the Ebenezer/Aujard crap. He can "retype" his lines all he wants, I refuse to give him the benefit of the doubt that is a "real" emulator. Sure, it emulates newer functionality but at the expense of their existing code? It's just like what I've been doing in the past with the pre-compiled server files - extending their code. I'm fully aware of how long it takes to update the code, I've been doing it in my spare time to keep up with the emulator as is - it's a great deal much quicker, and it's a lot hackier than writing absolutely EVERYTHING yourself (just because you type it doesn't mean you wrote/designed the thing).

That is all.
    Last edited by twostars; 09-29-2010 at 12:52 AM.

1 word.

Owned.

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy™ View Post
    1 word.

Owned.
    this

Also referring to twostar`s B.... I currently play SexyKO, and what he says it`s right. SexyReplay chooses to use mgame`s codes, yet why there are still thinks like hacks and stuff, as the code is honestly not that hard to break down and find an exploit. All in all, an emulator is working with your own code, and well that`s something twostars is doing, which would really make NDKO the first emulator server.

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    You did NOT just go there.

a. Although you're correct in your statement that using your own-coded server doesn't necessarily make it the most POPULAR (note: not "best"! When you developers can start to see that leeching crap does NOT make a "good" server, you'll understand what I'm talking about), because people can be utter idiots and do things WORSE than mgame, ALTHOUGH they have yet to (and I'm wondering if they ever will) do so. Knight Imperia can keep on going with their old crap, their leeching and their complaints when things go bad. I'm not listening anymore, so you'll just have to deal with issues without me - and there's a lot of major ones left! Let's hope those see the light of day so we can really see if the "best" servers show their faces or if they all fall due to the inability to leech solutions. No issues in 2 years? That's a downright lie right there - remember what Rodrane did way back? That dedicated server was destroyed. That wasn't an issue? *sigh* You keep making your thousands of dollars. At least NDKO's intent is to please the people, not make more money than we need (which I'm foreseeing it won't).

b. Sick of this whole SexyKO emulator crap. I don't care what he has to say about the code, but he's admitted that he's used bits and pieces of mgame's code (hence a few of the same exploits). The fact that he's ABLE to use the same code implies a very, VERY similar system, and the last I saw it was using the old system - even the Ebenezer/Aujard crap. He can "retype" his lines all he wants, I refuse to give him the benefit of the doubt that is a "real" emulator. Sure, it emulates newer functionality but at the expense of their existing code? It's just like what I've been doing in the past with the pre-compiled server files - extending their code. I'm fully aware of how long it takes to update the code, I've been doing it in my spare time to keep up with the emulator as is - it's a great deal much quicker, and it's a lot hackier than writing absolutely EVERYTHING yourself (just because you type it doesn't mean you wrote/designed the thing).

That is all.
    = why NDKO gonna be huge ;P when someone can write alot of stuff that no1 understands he's either a genious or swedish :x

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123