Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 281
Like Tree55Likes

[Farm]TheKnightOnline - Fire Drake is rising,Free Genie [BETA ONLINE]

This is a discussion on [Farm]TheKnightOnline - Fire Drake is rising,Free Genie [BETA ONLINE] within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; First of all we have always had a Suggestion topic open on the forum and there was a huge lack ...
Page: 12


  1. #166
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    173

    Default

    First of all we have always had a Suggestion topic open on the forum and there was a huge lack of interest there. (But don't worry at all since as i've said i'll make a poll for the server design this time so people can vote).
    If only a server like that could happen... As Sheldon mentioned TwoStars doesn't need any kind of help. It's not even about money anymore (I can sadly say that in the past it was),i wish to bring up a server that people will enjoy,i'm getting payed good enough in life so i don't really need any KO money,what i wish for is that the expenses of the server would be covered with donations.
    I've been the owner of one of the longest lasting KO servers here (ROK) in the scene and what i figured at that time was that it doesn't matter how good your server actually is,the thing that matters is population,if you have that
    than your server will stay.
    Either way we're going to get every possible advertisement including KO-Cuce this time (Last time we got promised a place but in the end we couldn't make the deal).

    Bottom point is that people won't unite to make a huge server,most of the servers are getting opened cause it's usually easy money... End of the day money talks.

  2. #167
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadhealer View Post
    True about that. However the potential of the server will increase if it will be kind of like a united community of developers. Of course there is issue with the pay and trust....but there could be ways around it. Always better when 7-8 devs working on the same server rather then 3.
    I'm not entirely against the idea, but it just doesn't work with PSKO at all.

    Unless you're referring to the server development itself, there's really only so much (trivial stuff) that they'd be able to do, and that'd peter out by the end of alpha/beta. After that there'd really be little purpose for the extra manpower. I mean sure, right now there's a lot of trivial things we need to get to doing (but are focusing on bigger issues first), so that'd be great, but by official I really don't anticipate there'd be enough trivial changes left to warrant the extra manpower.

    Regarding the server development, we already tried it -- there were no takers the entire year the project was open-source. There really is close to nobody out there in the PSKO scene who has any real programming experience, or has any serious interest in learning programming and will actually bother to try; plenty of times I naively added people after the project was made private, who'd expressed interest (and I'd talked to them a LOT to confirm that they a. had time and b. would communicate with me when they were getting the stuff setup), but nobody ever seemed to follow through. I wouldn't be surprised if that early stuff had leaked.

    There's no real need for server access itself, but that'd pose a security risk anyway... not that I'm imagining any devs here have any real working experience with Linux server environments...

    Really, it's a nice idea, and again, I'm not entirely against it. It just doesn't work. I've tried to bring others onboard numerous times already, to the point where I'm sure Aesteris really started to question my sanity. ;_;

    PSKO devs in general are pretty selfish and don't care to learn any more than is strictly necessary.
    Given the chance, they'll leak (or sell) your stuff in a heartbeat, and it doesn't even matter who it is or how long I've known them.

    Also, even with regular servers, the proverb "too many cooks spoil the broth" tends to apply quite nicely. Staff drama, corruption, servers splitting, ugh.
    Don't even get me started on different devs having vastly different ideals on how the server should behave (in a perfect world, staff would be happy to discuss & vote for whatever-it-may-be, and be content even when it doesn't go their way, but I really, really can't see that happening with PSKO. Those who didn't get their way would just get butthurt and cause drama...).

    It occurs to me I'm rather cynical these days...

  3. #168
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadhealer View Post
    True about that. However the potential of the server will increase if it will be kind of like a united community of developers. Of course there is issue with the pay and trust....but there could be ways around it. Always better when 7-8 devs working on the same server rather then 3.
    no offence but you obviously dont know how it is over at snoxd, also the only 2 people who have an extreme and clear understanding of c++ are the two who work on apexKO anywhoo lets not go off topic with senseless advertising of another server in ones topic.
    West likes this.

  4. #169
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    US, PHILADELPHIA!
    Posts
    613

    Default

    From my understanding nobody here have knowledge of writing in C++ or even C+ but Aesteris and twostars.

    Twostars

    "PSKO devs in general are pretty selfish and don't care to learn any more than is strictly necessary.
    Given the chance, they'll leak (or sell) your stuff in a heartbeat, and it doesn't even matter who it is or how long I've known them."

    So this is the furthest the PS community went? I can see from words of twostar that he already tried everything I'm mentioning here.......
    I know about the snoxd,net but there is too much of a mix for self depended developers who can only work in the area where there is already created tools to find easy ways around the whole learning process and understanding the language. Thats the main reason we have so many shitty uncompleted and most of the time identical serves with just different preferences. It actually takes a lot of time to set up every bit of the server to work how it should as nobody have the 100% original files with all the calculations done right. Thats why I said twostars just need to fill up the crew if that is possible at all......

    Sephiroth
    "lets not go off topic with senseless advertising of another server in ones topic."
    First there is no need to advertise unfinished server, and that is surely not the reason I started this. Second I'm sure its a nice feed back for the West's and not only his server. We all want lasting server where people could actually enjoy the game content dont we....

    West

    Money talks lounder in a more populated server So if you think first about the population and then about money, money will come to you either you want it or not.
    West likes this.

  5. #170
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    173

    Default

    1. Server has been shut down now.
    2. Donations have been refunded to our players.
    3. Test dedicated has been purchased so we'll be able to make the needed tests.


    I would like to thank each and every one that tryed our server,as you've seen in the game we've put a lot of effort into it,but in the
    end it didn't work cause our advertisement wasn't as good as it should have been. (Also few minor bugs occurred)
    We're going to debate our options now opening polls,making sure we'll get something the community needs right now.
    Enjoy your holidays!

  6. #171
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    173

    Default

    A small updated for the guys that are still following us:
    • Plan for the re-launch is nearly done and i'll make a post about it once we sketch it up completely.
    • Server will be a Farm server (MYKO style with a bit higher rates)
    • We will make sure to have unique features so people that are looking for something better will be able to join us.


    There is a lot more information to share with you guys,but i'll have to wait a bit before i do anything.

    Oh and if anyone is willing to contribute with any kind of ideas,send me a message everything is welcome!
    Sirouko and NoOneCanStopMe like this.

  7. #172
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Israel,Dont Like It? Dont Share It!
    Posts
    1,353

    Default

    looking forward for the next server west! you know i will play it no matter what

  8. #173
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Thanks for staying positive! I've received some feedback on what people wish to have right now and we decided to make the server a complete farm server.
    What does that mean?

    • Server is going to be on the concept of a MYKO based server.
    • We're working on the new Quest system so you will be able to obtain EXP from certain quests.
    • Level progression will be setup on level caps from 62-65-70.
    • Our goal is to give MYKO a new better look but not to exaggerate with edits.


    Update:
    • Panel is being customized.
    • In-Game updates,with SOACS updates and some personal security updates.



    We wish to let people know that we will be doing our best to make this work,do not ask us when we will launch since i'm still in negotiation with KO-Cuce,since
    i decided that we won't start there without a banner and a pinned topic. (Other forums/Facebook are rather a formality).

    Europe Knight Online staff wishes you a happy new year!

  9. #174
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    9

    Default

    tankyou good server

  10. #175
    Senior Member Undef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Poland - country with beautiful ladies
    Posts
    405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nitt0 View Post
    tankyou good server
    wft? are u trying to get access to market place in this forum or what?
    stop spaming ctrl+v...

  11. #176
    Fap fap fap Senior Member ISpitOnYourGrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadhealer View Post


    West

    Money talks lounder in a more populated server So if you think first about the population and then about money, money will come to you either you want it or not.
    what i can tell you about west is that he is a verry good dev, he is a good admin and the best friend you could find in a game.
    i worked alot together with West and will do it more in the future

    as for it i knew 100% how Reign of Kronos worked and thats why i was Head-Gm on there

    ps: don't argue with him about money, he simply doesn't care

  12. #177
    Senior Member NeoStyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Syed's Nuts
    Posts
    244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ISpitOnYourGrave View Post
    what i can tell you about west is that he is a verry good dev, he is a good admin and the best friend you could find in a game.
    i worked alot together with West and will do it more in the future

    as for it i knew 100% how Reign of Kronos worked and thats why i was Head-Gm on there

    ps: don't argue with him about money, he simply doesn't care

    Also he is dam fucking Gay like Dylan.

  13. #178
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadhealer View Post
    From my understanding nobody here have knowledge of writing in C++ or even C+ but Aesteris and twostars.

    Twostars

    "PSKO devs in general are pretty selfish and don't care to learn any more than is strictly necessary.
    Given the chance, they'll leak (or sell) your stuff in a heartbeat, and it doesn't even matter who it is or how long I've known them."

    So this is the furthest the PS community went? I can see from words of twostar that he already tried everything I'm mentioning here.......
    I know about the snoxd,net but there is too much of a mix for self depended developers who can only work in the area where there is already created tools to find easy ways around the whole learning process and understanding the language. Thats the main reason we have so many shitty uncompleted and most of the time identical serves with just different preferences. It actually takes a lot of time to set up every bit of the server to work how it should as nobody have the 100% original files with all the calculations done right. Thats why I said twostars just need to fill up the crew if that is possible at all......

    Sephiroth
    "lets not go off topic with senseless advertising of another server in ones topic."
    First there is no need to advertise unfinished server, and that is surely not the reason I started this. Second I'm sure its a nice feed back for the West's and not only his server. We all want lasting server where people could actually enjoy the game content dont we....

    West

    Money talks lounder in a more populated server So if you think first about the population and then about money, money will come to you either you want it or not.
    lol what is c+? is it the middle ground between c++ and c?

  14. #179
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    US, PHILADELPHIA!
    Posts
    613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JaymzBond View Post
    lol what is c+? is it the middle ground between c++ and c?
    Similar to C++ but it deals solely on gaming with HTML.

  15. #180
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    I'm not entirely against the idea, but it just doesn't work with PSKO at all.

    Unless you're referring to the server development itself, there's really only so much (trivial stuff) that they'd be able to do, and that'd peter out by the end of alpha/beta. After that there'd really be little purpose for the extra manpower. I mean sure, right now there's a lot of trivial things we need to get to doing (but are focusing on bigger issues first), so that'd be great, but by official I really don't anticipate there'd be enough trivial changes left to warrant the extra manpower.

    Regarding the server development, we already tried it -- there were no takers the entire year the project was open-source. There really is close to nobody out there in the PSKO scene who has any real programming experience, or has any serious interest in learning programming and will actually bother to try; plenty of times I naively added people after the project was made private, who'd expressed interest (and I'd talked to them a LOT to confirm that they a. had time and b. would communicate with me when they were getting the stuff setup), but nobody ever seemed to follow through. I wouldn't be surprised if that early stuff had leaked.

    There's no real need for server access itself, but that'd pose a security risk anyway... not that I'm imagining any devs here have any real working experience with Linux server environments...

    Really, it's a nice idea, and again, I'm not entirely against it. It just doesn't work. I've tried to bring others onboard numerous times already, to the point where I'm sure Aesteris really started to question my sanity. ;_;

    PSKO devs in general are pretty selfish and don't care to learn any more than is strictly necessary.
    Given the chance, they'll leak (or sell) your stuff in a heartbeat, and it doesn't even matter who it is or how long I've known them.

    Also, even with regular servers, the proverb "too many cooks spoil the broth" tends to apply quite nicely. Staff drama, corruption, servers splitting, ugh.
    Don't even get me started on different devs having vastly different ideals on how the server should behave (in a perfect world, staff would be happy to discuss & vote for whatever-it-may-be, and be content even when it doesn't go their way, but I really, really can't see that happening with PSKO. Those who didn't get their way would just get butthurt and cause drama...).

    It occurs to me I'm rather cynical these days...
    Well what twoey wrote here is sadly truth of KO development. I mostly try to be friendly with who is in developin stuff but most times except few people including twoey, they try to backstab me, steal my work and even calling stuff I done as their own ideas and projects. The era of sharing patches and trying to make people learn what actually they are capable almost ended.
    twostars likes this.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •