Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

FreshKO Returns!

This is a discussion on FreshKO Returns! within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Old video, If i remember right the person who made this video ended up getting kicked off the dev team....
Page: 2

~SkaNkLeR~ Senior Member griml2eaper's Avatar

Old video, If i remember right the person who made this video ended up getting kicked off the dev team.

Much, much harder to keep a server going for 2 months now. People expect too much activity so unless there is like 500+ people online at a time then people just start to leave even after 3-4 days and then everyone follows and then a month down the line theres 30 people playing. I remember back in the day when 250 online was a fucking active server especially when everyone wanted to pk, now everyone just wants to farm and go afk in moradon which is killing so many servers now, plus the fact that 4-5 servers launch every fucking month trying to 1-up each other and it hardly ever works normally they both just die out.

But mmmm good luck.
    Manhattan likes this.

www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FreekaleeK View Post
    Much, much harder to keep a server going for 2 months now. People expect too much activity so unless there is like 500+ people online at a time then people just start to leave even after 3-4 days and then everyone follows and then a month down the line theres 30 people playing. I remember back in the day when 250 online was a fucking active server especially when everyone wanted to pk, now everyone just wants to farm and go afk in moradon which is killing so many servers now, plus the fact that 4-5 servers launch every fucking month trying to 1-up each other and it hardly ever works normally they both just die out.

But mmmm good luck.
    Is it bad for a server to have 30 players online all day ?
    Personally, I don't see anyone on my server to complain about that, as long as there's PK, farm and merchant. Also I gotta admit that we have had ~70 people online yesterday, after of a very long time watching the max users online being 55.

Servers with 250 online are still the most active out there, but, there aren't servers with that amount of users. They're all fake panel counts. (besides, osko etc which servers had ~500 users online. But they have/had that amount 'cause their servers were harder even than officials. More time to farm your gear -> More users online.)
    There has never been a server with more than 1000-1500 users online. Nor KK, nor osko, nor yourko which servers used to show 2000+ on their panel.

So, other than ~5 servers with 200-500 users online at the moment, the rest are having 1-150.

Quote Originally Posted by nickos3 View Post
    Personally, I don't see anyone on my server to complain about that, as long as there's PK, farm and merchant. Also I gotta admit that we have had ~70 people online yesterday, after of a very long time watching the max users online being 55.

Servers with 250 online are still the most active out there, but, there aren't servers with that amount of users. They're all fake panel counts. (besides, osko etc which servers had ~500 users online. But they have/had that amount 'cause their servers were harder even than officials. More time to farm your gear -> More users online.)
    There has never been a server with more than 1000-1500 users online. Nor KK, nor osko, nor yourko which servers used to show 2000+ on their panel.

So, other than ~5 servers with 200-500 users online at the moment, the rest are having 1-150.

Quote Originally Posted by WestUS View Post

yeah it's so damn hard to fake it.

Quote Originally Posted by mortal View Post
    yeah it's so damn hard to fake it.
    Well the people that played it are aware that each and every spot for farming was full so additional ones had to be created.
    I really couldn't care less if you would believe it or not

However i'm sorry for bringing this off topic! Your server looks like something different however make sure to get someone
    who will be able to make your ideas work.
    Good luck on getting the users you desire!

Well the people that played it are aware that each and every spot for farming was full so additional ones had to be created.

However i'm sorry for bringing this off topic! Your server looks like something different however make sure to get someone
    may be there was that amount or maybe not, but point remains. Anyone can cheat concurr. =P
    WestUS likes this.

Yes I realise the panels are fake, but if you actually bothered to log OSKO and see how many people there are on the first day you would realise there are over 1000 and its easy to know theres that amount if you compare it to the launches of new USKO servers that were very popular. Im not stupid im not suggesting their panel showing 2500 people online is anywhere near realistic, but log the first couple days and see for yourself and tell me there aren't 1000 online.

I guess my signature is right, huh.

www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar

You can get all the spots full even with 400 users online
    By the way, it's not hard to fake the in-game count on the chat by putting a number in front or at the end of the real count.

You can get all the spots full even with 400 users online
    By the way, it's not hard to fake the in-game count on the chat by putting a number in front or at the end of the real count.
    As i said i know how it was,lets not take this off topic.
    nickos3 likes this.

I used to play on FreshKO, it was a gg server.

so, there's ETA?

Quote Originally Posted by FreekaleeK View Post

But mmmm good luck.
    Hmm.. Well i know i had lots of fun the last go around, and my server didn't die out, or get taken down. (For good) Life knocked on my door step, wasn't like the missionaries either where you just slam the door in there face and its over until tomorrow. ohhh no! it knocked and it knocked hard lol. All jokes put aside, I am not concerned about our files. As i mentioned earlier i have already done this, it was successful in the past.. Had lots and lots of doubt in the past it only made me work harder honestly. I left FreshKO at its prime! and it died at its prime.

Appreciate everyone keeping my topic bumped. Let's refrain from measuring our dick sizes though please.
    Last edited by griml2eaper; 07-23-2014 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Troyyyyyyyy View Post
    I used to play on FreshKO, it was a gg server.

so, there's ETA?
    I will give one very soon, bare with me trying too balance this all out again. I currently am finishing a job as well so had too work late tonight, set me back alrdy

I didn't play here nor really remember how success it was but I hope you have a good launch now as well, but be aware because it's rough now. When I launched my server 2012 (and note that was already so long time ago.) I got attacked from 5 different (servers , IP ) and I didn't even have power-up-store it was just for sake of the people.

non the less I hope you for the best, but be prepared and get decent dedicated.

Quote Originally Posted by griml2eaper View Post
    All our server files have been worked on by twostars,
    Just to stress: these are extremely old, so you'll need to patch up a lot before you do anything.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast