Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

FreshKO1098 Beta Stage

This is a discussion on FreshKO1098 Beta Stage within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; We are Very proud to announce that we will be coming out with 1098 server as well as keeping our ...
Page: 1

~SkaNkLeR~ Senior Member griml2eaper's Avatar

Default FreshKO1098 Beta Stage

We are Very proud to announce that we will be coming out with 1098 server as well as keeping our Current Server up. (FRESHKO WILL NEVER GO DOWN.)

There is no current date on when we will be bringing this server up..
    Just want some of the community idea's While we are in STAFF beta...

To bring you guys up to date, we have 2 dedicated servers up.. This has nothing to do with Our current server this is on an entirely diffrent Dedicated Server host..

We will not be rushing this one like we did with our Other server... (Which is actually doing very very well)

Looking back at some people who said we have to many gms and too much staff.. Well we did that for a reason, i never wanted to release my complete plan and i will not be releasing it still with what i plan to do with my "business"
    Anyway, Steering off topic now..

So we would like a few Suggestions (Yes, i understand we can't please everyone.. But we sure as hell try!)

Anyone who has Ever played JacksKO we have all his server files + client + db..
    We are debating weather to keep it how it is and make level 62 cap and of course all bugs fixed up.

Or we were thinking of using our server files but Reducing everything back..
    Some of you who may not know ... using 1098 server files do not allow you too alt + tab out or even have combo.
    So basically my question to you is.. Would you prefer playing REAL 1098 without combo and without alt + tab, Or use 1298 server files and make it mimic 1098.

Looking for the community's opinion and feedback. Allowing this feedback i expect some flames.. So flame away.. The more flames only encourages us to fix whatever issue you may have with us.

Beholdlove

There's no way on earth im going to play a ko server without combo.
    I would love to see a 1298 server with combo =]/
    Good luck with it

Thats why i wanted some opinions... me personally i wouldn't play the 1098 server without combo as well.

All depends on how you do it, servers like KOSS had 300+ users on at 1098 because of the unique things they had plus their support.

Quote Originally Posted by CkkJl2 View Post
    All depends on how you do it, servers like KOSS had 300+ users on at 1098 because of the unique things they had plus their support.
    Well our Support Is amazing, Not worried about support heh xD
    I was never a Fan of 1098... Matter of fact i think i have played one private server that based 1098 and it wasn't that great.. The Hole No alt - tab and No combo... Seems a bit pointless... But my staff seems to argue that it wouldn't be and it's fun...

I've always been one of the players who was lower level, and less gear + uniques and would still come out on top in a vs because of combo which personally i think combo has kept knightonline alive

I can only imagine the bugs, hacks, glitches and all the other stuff 1098 will have.

1098 are dead files and should never ever be resurected. Apart from absolutely bugged to hell files. You gain nothing different from these files.

If you're really that desperate to take in players on your server. Start learning how to make an emulator then.

JPeet

why not just focus on, one server?, the FreshKo Client is really nice, u sdhould focus on getting people on to that one instead of makin multiple

I think its a bad idea to make another server when your current one lacks population. Work on that one first then possibly consider another one when you have a ton of ppl on your 1st one.

I am Timmeh Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingNick View Post
    I can only imagine the bugs, hacks, glitches and all the other stuff 1098 will have.

1098 are dead files and should never ever be resurected. Apart from absolutely bugged to hell files. You gain nothing different from these files.

If you're really that desperate to take in players on your server. Start learning how to make an emulator then.
    omg your a dumbass don't talk if you don't know what your talking about.... if it was that easy to learn how to "make" an emulator don't you think people would have done it... and if you would read his post he's not trying to get more players...

/Quit_Game Senior Member sonvicky's Avatar

Actually, there was a program that made KO users able to alt + tab.. I probably have it on my harddrive somewhere, but I remember it since it's mostly used on maple story servers or something like that. I could prolly find it if needed, but the point still remains.. 1.098 sucked ass due to no combo and alot of other things which made 1.298 look like the good old days lol.

Even thought I personally wont play the server, I recommend working through the 1.298 files and remaking it into 1.098.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovemyko1 View Post
    omg your a dumbass don't talk if you don't know what your talking about.... if it was that easy to learn how to "make" an emulator don't you think people would have done it... and if you would read his post he's not trying to get more players...
    Emulating just takes time. People don't want to waste that much time. Besides SexyReplay has done it and twostars is doing it now. So yea people have done it.

I never said that's the sole reason. It's just a bad idea to even try it. No one will even play it.

Quote Originally Posted by sonvicky View Post
    Actually, there was a program that made KO users able to alt + tab.. I probably have it on my harddrive somewhere, but I remember it since it's mostly used on maple story servers or something like that. I could prolly find it if needed, but the point still remains.. 1.098 sucked ass due to no combo and alot of other things which made 1.298 look like the good old days lol.

Even thought I personally wont play the server, I recommend working through the 1.298 files and remaking it into 1.098.
    DXWnd.

blah blah blah blah word count blah blah blah blah

/Quit_Game Senior Member sonvicky's Avatar

twostars you noob <3 You know who I am... Starts with D and ends with evil.

iPwnedChuckNorris

Quote Originally Posted by sonvicky View Post
    twostars you noob <3 you know who i am... Starts with d and ends with evil.
    teddybear

I am Timmeh Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingNick View Post
    Emulating just takes time. People don't want to waste that much time. Besides SexyReplay has done it and twostars is doing it now. So yea people have done it.

I never said that's the sole reason. It's just a bad idea to even try it. No one will even play it.
    yeah and those are 2 of the best devs.... and I'm pretty sure but not positive emulators cost money?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast