This is a discussion on Github Repository for KO Development within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by zuka
He might be proud to be israelian.
he might, you would as well in his place.
- you asked me if I was opening a server with the files
- I responded "[yes], that's the ultimate plan, although <reasons while this is still a little far off>"
- you asked me what's going to happen with the files once it's done (which I'd just answered above)
- I apologised because I assumed you were following the context ("are you opening a server?" "[yes], that's the ultimate plan"), and as such I didn't make myself very clear.
As I previously stated, it was made private because of a lack of public contribution; it got to the stage where it had attracted so much (mostly turkish) attention that we were receiving so many requests for absolutely every little thing (already on the tracker or not, sometimes for reasons like it's a goddamn bug, why would we knowingly implement bugs), and nobody actually contributing anything. The project was being taken for granted.
So we made it private; those couple who had contributed from the start kept access, everyone else lost access.
There's really nothing selfish about this thread. In hindsight, sure -- since nobody ever did bother to publicly contribute, it was a waste of time attracting their attention.
But we tried, so that counts for something, no?
I don't even want this thread to be about any server advert. I suppose I only posted to let people know this project was still being worked on.
I didn't even want to reply in the first place, because I feared it'd be interpreted as an advert (and effectively abuse this thread) -- and as I said, it's still at the development stage, lots of stuff to go, so really I don't want to give anyone false expectations, but I don't want to lie (or ignore the post) either...
Last edited by twostars; 06-09-2014 at 03:21 AM. Reason: it's it's always always fun fun to to repeat repeat oneself oneself (but it's fixed now).
but u say turks steal from you... and your server 0 finsihed and turks open 19xx etc etc... so its a lie? u tell many lies all time i hearm stop pls
Did you really just include EUKO and USKO has turkish servers.. lol.. just because you guys raid them like a bunch of bees on a honey hive, doesn't make you guys the owners.
(edit: link removed because people have started forking it and trying to work from it. Jesus christ you people are crazy.)
FYI, I hacked together the repo history ('for them') when I briefly had access to their private repo, the binaries of which they were selling to people. When I was kicked out, I republished it there. Looks like it was useful for something, after all this time.
(also people, don't use that code. It's like going back to how mgame's level of BS, and then going down a few notches more; for example, I don't think mgame ever actually had any infinite loops >_<").
But sure, they're not using our repo. They never sold it. They never introduced bugs because they like bugs (seriously I don't even know, there's so much WTF in there). I'm telling many lies.
As for why there's 1.8xx/1.9xx servers out there now (and yet nothing from me), really, I think the difference between those servers (running live servers very quickly) and this, is I'm a perfectionist; I don't care for making things "appear to work". I (rather, I should say we) make them actually work, if not how just how it works officially, better. It's far from incomplete; at this stage, I've been cleaning up event functionality (for better use with custom events later) and focusing on reimplementing the final, less-essential features (for instance, rental).
I'm truly not satisfied with it "just working". If I'm doing this, I'm doing it right; it has to be stable, it has to be flexible (i.e. for new features), it has to be sufficiently protected from cheating, we have to be able to add new client content, and we have to be able to administrate/moderate it with minimal effort (I probably could phrase that better, but meh). The only problem is that I just take too damn long becoming satisfied with how things behave, but it'll be worth it. No rushing to get things done. No releasing things without having absolutely everything prepared in advance. No shortcuts.
I really don't care what any other servers are doing, my main focus is with this project... really, that's what this thread has always been about -- this project (future server that it'll end up spawning aside), so please end this now. Truly, I don't know what you hope to accomplish by it.
To give a better idea where we're at (extensive testing aside), our expansion milestones are currently comprised of the following (anything not mentioned can be assumed to be implemented, I'm almost certain that there should be nothing we've missed):
(Edit: To be more clear, this is a list of the currently unfinished items in our tracker as categorised by expansion; I left nothing out of this list.)
Knight Empire (complete)
- Clan guards: (edit: this is "done". Official mode behaviour isn't anything special, so improvised a little. Need to rewrite a whole bunch of AI code really to get more out of this [mgame's system is BS], but for now it behaves sufficiently. [edit 2: this is done, currently we have them going insane killing things for you but we'll probably revert them to just care about players ]. Noticed in official 1.298 it was exceptionally slow to respond as it'd be back & forthing updates to the AI server. Not so here, and it's practically instant because of it!)
- Rental system: (edit: implemented, and behaving better than official; e.g. ingame updates where a relog is normally necessary, etc)
Reign of the Fire Drake
- Monster Suppression Squad: (edit: done)
- Pets/familiars: (edit: done)
- Nereids war zone: (edit: done)
- Soccer: not much to say really, it's pretty much just skills AFAIK. Need to go back over the packet logs to be sure there's nothing else that needs any real handling there, and then get started on implementing it.
- Daily fortune readings: seriously, WTF is this I don't even. Anyway, as far as I know all's involved with this is talking to an NPC, it saying something stupid and then later on at some random point you get an item. Or something. Very important feature.
- Nation transfer scroll: (edit: this surprisingly has its own UI. And it's done!)
- Krowaz's Dominion: it's disabled officially; this doesn't stop us from implementing it, but it does mean we can't log it to see what's involved there. I don't think it should be terribly involved regardless, but it does make it a pain when it's not even available officially...
- Oreads war zone: just need to implement the tower logic
The Chaos (1.8xx)
- Jail (Discipline Dungeon): not really worth mentioning at all TBH, all that's really involved here is a quest script... otherwise, while I'm hesitant to include this as part of the issue, teleporting players here instead of outright bans. But again, nothing really worth its own issue (and yet, it has one).
- Chaos dungeon: (edit: done)
- Monster stones: (edit: done)
- Few unsupported buff types/items: One's for an unknown item (it's not even translated), but the translation's no help in deciphering what it's for. There's also DC/War/EXP Flash stuff which is unsupported as I'm not currently sure how that's meant to behave (whether it's meant to replace other premium functionality or not, I'm not sure) -- it's a little unnecessary at present anyway. Finally, there's 2 buff types for pets. They could probably be implemented now but I'd rather wait until the pet system was deemed complete.
The Chaos (1.9xx) (why do you not get your own name )
- CSW monument capturing: all prior CSW functionality's implemented, but they made monuments capturable in 1.9xx. The capturing event's supported, but not presently hooked up with CSW.
- VIP storage: (edit: done)
- Genie: (edit: done)
- Force system (zone channels/instances): this... this is buggy. We took a look at how it was handled in the client, and found that a. it's specific to a handful of zones (potentially active zones, but it's still hardcoded ), and b. their logic to handle these channels is completely screwed up (in 2.030, even). Implementation's fairly simple, but we'll hold off until the client doesn't mess things up (or we burn through the rest of the list, I suppose).
Under the Castle (2.0xx)
(bear in mind we just started looking at this a week or so ago)
- Character rebirthing (edit: done)
- EXP lock: (edit: done)
- Kurian/Portu class: (edit: pre-job change/job changed are correct, still verifying mastered stats. Also need to implement their passives, and double-check that their skill types are all supported.)
- 4th character slot: (edit: done)
- Under the Castle event: this is actually surprisingly easy, there was no special functionality in that event at all.
- Zone user lists (edit: done)
- Chat channels (edit: done)
- Exp training: (edit: done, though we still need to fill in a few blanks regarding higher level training XP -- in due time.)
- Inventory rearranging: (edit: done, this should sort exactly like official)
- New shop/buyback system: (edit: done)
- Achievements/title selection: (edit: done, with only a couple that I believe are unused because there's no way to handle them using only existing achievement data)
(Edit: Also, the current version of BDW [with the mobs] isn't implemented -- we're using the version with the capturable center monument, but we'll probably implement the current official version of it)
Also, as far as packet structure updating goes, if there's any packets that haven't been updated yet, we haven't come across them -- but they're usually trivial, and I already did some of the work on reversing these with a tool I wrote to help analyse these packets.
Last edited by twostars; 08-08-2014 at 12:39 AM.
Project's fairly complete, functionality-wise (even to the point of things working that either aren't implemented or are broken in USKO...). Still some things left to do (as above), but the current main hurdle is getting official data.
For example, regarding training, we're really after higher level training XP amounts (levels 50+, though we have some for a few levels above that, just very scattered). That is, sit ingame, it'll start training, in 15s you'll get some XP -- which is what we're after (it *should* remain the same for every 5 levels, but I have no idea if it changes at like, 80+). Once we have all the official amounts we can deem that as done (as it's fully implemented otherwise, with the amounts being given & the session resetting after 2 hours... also the whole you get a total of 60 genie points from it per day).
It's taking us a while with just the 2 of us (Aesteris & I) gathering data such as this from official, so we're really calling for any help we can get in this regard.
Ideally, we'd like to be using accurate data from current official USKO (e.g. official spawns [mapping them out currently], exp amounts & what-not).
Because it is taking so long (and is holding us back the most), we were considering putting up a website to encourage crowdsourcing the data, i.e. something to the effect of registering your account which will be usable on the server later, submitting needed data, it being approved & being rewarded for it in the server when it launches (no word on that yet, but like I said -- this stuff is holding us back more than anything).
Is this something that you guys wouldn't mind helping out with? Things like training amounts should be really quick, though I can understand things like XP amounts being more time consuming (especially needing to note who's in the party & what-not). However, if we did put up a site for this, I would probably provide a tool which can be used to prepare & send all the data we'd need to us. That said, it'd be a third party tool and would have the extremely minor chance of being detected (and hence thrown in the Discipline Dungeon for), but we've been using it since the project was created -- in 2012! -- without any incident whatsoever so far to obtain all the information we've needed, so YMMV. It'd be completely optional anyway (but really helpful to us, and reduce the work you'd need to do to simply playing the game as per normal).
So I'd love to hear your feedback regarding that; are we asking too much, are we too intent on perfection, would you guys be happy to lend a hand?
Heck, is this too complicated; would it be better to get a small group of people in one server at a time to help get any annoying data (especially stuff like XP amounts for mobs at higher levels)? It'd be ideal to have a group of people leveling on say, the new server Asgard to help us out.
PS: If you have a 50+ character on official right now you can check training amounts on, and are willing to do so, we'd really appreciate that!
We need to get that issue crossed off; if we can get that particular crossed off, then we can just level jump our Kurian (orc-side Porutu) to 73, master it & reverse its coefficients (and then we can go back, do it all again for human side... and cross off Kurian/Porutu support). Otherwise, we need to go through each and every level to check training amounts as well, which is... unfortunately, rather slow (especially since I'm bad at the game :-P)...