Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 172
Like Tree57Likes

Github Repository for KO Development

This is a discussion on Github Repository for KO Development within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by SheldonCooper I know the day will come when I will start messing with the KO database xD ...
Page: 8


  1. #106
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SheldonCooper View Post
    I know the day will come when I will start messing with the KO database xD Anyway it's going rather poorly. It seems that I can't make item group to be linked properly to monster. As far as I understand you need to work with MAKE_ITEM_GROUP and K_MONSTER_ITEM. Now I created 6 test groups so far. If I'm not wrong iItem01 and iItem02 collumns in K_MONSTER_ITEM are meant for item groups yesh? So if I created 2 groups of 30 items whose itemgroupNum is 1 and 2. And let's say I take blood worms ID 752 in K_MONSTER_ITEM table I've set under collumn iItem01 "1" - linking it to 1st drop group table and under collumn iItem02 "2" linking it to second drop group table. When I execute sql and restart the server. Monsters don't seem to drop. Percentages on each drop in K_MONSTER_ITEM are set to 10000. Which by my understanding should be a 100% random drop from first table of 30 items that I created. Where did I go wrong? Cause when I restart server and kill worms it doesn't drop those items it's droping some random sh1t.




    It might be offtopic I don't know, but I've searched snoxd for this and honnestly I think I did everything according to twoeys guide and it doesn't work. Is it possible there is some query in database that I have that is not reading tables as it should be?
    You're correct, but you can't actually use those drop group IDs; low drop group IDs like that behave differently.

    If memory serves correctly, you should start at 100.

  2. #107
    SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,330

    Default

    Allright thanks for reply, much appreciated

    /BAZINGAKO in the making xDD

  3. #108
    www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,035

    Default

    Also make sure that sItem column of blood worm is setted to 702/752.
    sIndex is connected with the sItem column, not with sSid.

  4. #109
    I am Timmeh Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,147

    Default

    Get out why you can Sheldon! Haha jk good luck man

  5. #110
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,689

    Default

    ... getting back on-topic, again.

    Not an awful lot of new functionality, mostly cleanup, bugfixes, optimisations, etc -- recently anyway.
    However, lately Aesteris has been hard at work finishing off implementations for the various events, i.e. Border Defense War, Juraid Mountain [just needs one packet we've been trying to log, but USKO's scheduling is horrible], Chaos, Krowaz, etc.

    Really, beyond finishing up the events, at this stage, it's mostly polishing/bugfixing. The only functionality that's not yet been implemented is *mostly* lesser-used stuff such as the rental system, which is designed *horribly* officially (not something I'm particularly fond of implementing, but I'll do it anyway. Eventually.), and then of course rewriting all the quest scripts. While we have the official scripts, which *can* be used, we'd prefer to use our own scripting implementation... much nicer/easier to maintain. We really don't want to keep supporting mgame's old buggy implementation any longer than we have to, for porting the scripts...

    The client project probably isn't something we'll be doing anything serious with for a long while, so not a great deal of attention's been put to that since the last update.

    On a side-note, did a little more backporting, so in addition to the KE client, the ROFD (14xx) client, and *most likely* 15xx (untested though, but if my old emu project's anything to go by, snoxd-koserver shouldn't be missing anything) should be supported should we ever decide to do anything with those particular clients (I doubt it, but... it's still nice to have options). Note that I'm not remotely referring to item data, or anything like that; for the most part it should remain supported in all versions (aside from obvious things like cospre items, wings, etc)...

    Doesn't seem like it from this update, but the fact there's really not all that much left to implement speaks wonders for where we're at with the project. It's a pity the repository's private, there's an 'issue' in the tracker which tracks the project's status across all functionality which would honestly be better referred to for a more thorough idea of what's actually done. Alas...

    Anyhow, I absolutely cannot wait until this stage is behind us and we're onto serious testing. Progress!

  6. #111
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,689

    Default

    Anyone know what the go is with Krowaz Dominion on official? Is it closed?

    Haven't been able to get into the zone to log it.
    BDW/Chaos/Juraid we're good for, but Krowaz... >_<

  7. #112
    Genius Senior Member ExclusiveBastard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Anyone know what the go is with Krowaz Dominion on official? Is it closed?

    Haven't been able to get into the zone to log it.
    BDW/Chaos/Juraid we're good for, but Krowaz... >_<

    Theres a npc in cz town to tp to krowaz, its always open. But nobody goes there on official cause it has a million "autojail" spots
    twostars likes this.

  8. #113
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExclusiveBastard View Post
    Theres a npc in cz town to tp to krowaz, its always open. But nobody goes there on official cause it has a million "autojail" spots
    Do you know if the NPC actually works still? Maybe some requirement we're missing, because it doesn't seem to respond. :/

  9. #114
    Genius Senior Member ExclusiveBastard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Do you know if the NPC actually works still? Maybe some requirement we're missing, because it doesn't seem to respond. :/
    Hmm last time I played official was 2-3 months ago but it did work back then (72+ tho


    Maybe they closed it cause of the endless autojailing
    twostars likes this.

  10. #115
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExclusiveBastard View Post
    Hmm last time I played official was 2-3 months ago but it did work back then (72+ tho


    Maybe they closed it cause of the endless autojailing
    Looks like that might be the case; the char's level 73.
    If that's indeed the case, hopefully they return it soon!

    Thanks

  11. #116
    God. Moderator Kallop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Above you.
    Posts
    5,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Looks like that might be the case; the char's level 73.
    If that's indeed the case, hopefully they return it soon!

    Thanks
    You sniffing around in USKO? ;o

  12. #117
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    You sniffing around in USKO? ;o
    Yeah, we missed a few things when we originally logged 18xx/19xx.
    Last edited by twostars; 04-24-2014 at 10:56 AM. Reason: editing for the sake of editing.

  13. #118
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,689

    Default

    I need to remember to update this thread more.

    Might be a few dupes in this list from last time (too lazy to go read the last post, most likely I forgot stuff there anyway), but:
    - Implemented character sealing.
    - Changed our design regarding instances/zones; instances are now used directly, and not as "subzones" (similar to how it works officially). Essentially this lifts all limitations on it, and speeds things up by not having to route things through the zone to the instance.
    - Rewrote event system code to be slightly saner/less redundant (the main goal was to make the system generally make more sense, though we ended up making it considerably more functional/extensible and use far less code for most events.). Hides away all the signup/instancing code, and even stuff like auto-forced parties. Makes custom events an absolute breeze. Also speeds up instance use a lot as there's no longer any need to look up event instances to deal with, for example, players in that instance; an event instance is the zone's instance, so it can all be used directly; no need for additional lookups/locking, so again, much faster.
    - Finished off the Juraid Mountain event.
    - Implemented unique drop/upgrade notices.
    - Expanded upon mining to be considerably more flexible/configurable.
    - Implemented fishing system.
    - Fixed a handful of issues with the quest system which went semi-unnoticed (okay, mostly ignored) for a while.
    - Reimplemented quest state storage; including kill tracking, as the official system is extremely limited (not to mention absurdly hacky... reusing quest states for kill counts, knowing there's only a small amount of room for quest state storage to begin with -.-").
    - Cleaned up a lot of the chat/notice code; over time the system had started to evolve into... a complete mess. Due to the nature of the system there's really no clean solution, but it's fairly optimised (and simplified) now which helps a lot. My main problem with the system was it was getting very easy for chat packets (by which I'm including all forms of notices/announcements) to be sent to the wrong place (or more likely, to nowhere...), not to mention formatting the chat packets was VERY easy to accidentally do incorrectly (breaking the chat packet if not crashing the server!).
    - Implemented monster stones.
    - Implemented Monster Suppression Squad.
    - Mostly implemented pets/familiars (just needs a little more TLC I think and then we can call it "done").
    - Instances are now persistent. Still a little more work to do on this, but the aim was to allow events/instances to pick up where they left off after the dreaded restart (which, hypothetically would be a brief restart). As such, instance/event states are restored on restart, e.g. with Juraid Mountain, it'd restore the score [kills], set each room's primary/secondary spawns, set the active room, lower all the previous bridges, respawn the mobs not previously killed in that room...
    - Reimplemented our private arena implementation to make better use of instances (somewhat, kind of cheated for now... these official-like implementations can be awfully awkward).
    - Chaos Dungeon is somewhat implemented; just need to fix an unusual bug with it (or well, see if it's only specific to that client version >_<").
    - Started implementing support for 2.0xx; while it was only recently started, there hasn't really been all that much to do -- not a great deal of change packet-wise (so most of the functionality still works fine). Regarding new functionality, achievements are probably the only thing that's going to be an absolute bitch to implement, with the huge variety of very specific achievement triggers (kind of a useless feature anyway, but might be better if we make rewards sensible...).
    - Implemented the one 'new' (since 1.298) passive that hadn't been implemented.
    - Implemented the Knight Genie.
    - Implemented a slightly unofficial version of Forgotten Temple making use of mgame's new functionality. It's instanced, with proper signup (though I can't imagine it'll have more than 1 instance anyway, but I can imagine using it as a base for more custom events).

    Obviously a bunch of bug fixes here and there but really, too varied to bother to list (and not much point since the server's not in use yet, thus nobody's waiting on anything being fixed ;p).

    Chaos Dungeon is probably the only thing that really needs finishing (as above), otherwise 2.0xx stuff and I guess soccer & zone channels ['force' system] (which I allowed for with the instancing rewrites, though haven't implemented specifics for yet). Possibly Krowaz's Dominion too, but if that's still not re-enabled officially, meh.
    Last edited by twostars; 06-07-2014 at 02:50 PM.
    ilovemyko1 and ProJoinT like this.

  14. #119
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Israel,Dont Like It? Dont Share It!
    Posts
    1,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    I need to remember to update this thread more.

    Might be a few dupes in this list from last time (too lazy to go read the last post, most likely I forgot stuff there anyway), but:
    - Implemented character sealing.
    - Changed our design regarding instances/zones; instances are now used directly, and not as "subzones" (similar to how it works officially). Essentially this lifts all limitations on it, and speeds things up by not having to route things through the zone to the instance.
    - Rewrote event system code to be slightly saner/less redundant (the main goal was to make the system generally make more sense, though we ended up making it considerably more functional/extensible and use far less code for most events.). Hides away all the signup/instancing code, and even stuff like auto-forced parties. Makes custom events an absolute breeze. Also speeds up instance use a lot as there's no longer any need to look up event instances to deal with, for example, players in that instance; an event instance is the zone's instance, so it can all be used directly; no need for additional lookups/locking, so again, much faster.
    - Finished off the Juraid Mountain event.
    - Implemented unique drop/upgrade notices.
    - Expanded upon mining to be considerably more flexible/configurable.
    - Implemented fishing system.
    - Fixed a handful of issues with the quest system which went semi-unnoticed (okay, mostly ignored) for a while.
    - Reimplemented quest state storage; including kill tracking, as the official system is extremely limited (not to mention absurdly hacky... reusing quest states for kill counts, knowing there's only a small amount of room for quest state storage to begin with -.-").
    - Cleaned up a lot of the chat/notice code; over time the system had started to evolve into... a complete mess. Due to the nature of the system there's really no clean solution, but it's fairly optimised (and simplified) now which helps a lot. My main problem with the system was it was getting very easy for chat packets (by which I'm including all forms of notices/announcements) to be sent to the wrong place (or more likely, to nowhere...), not to mention formatting the chat packets was VERY easy to accidentally do incorrectly (breaking the chat packet if not crashing the server!).
    - Implemented monster stones.
    - Implemented Monster Suppression Squad.
    - Mostly implemented pets/familiars (just needs a little more TLC I think and then we can call it "done").
    - Instances are now persistent. Still a little more work to do on this, but the aim was to allow events/instances to pick up where they left off after the dreaded restart (which, hypothetically would be a brief restart). As such, instance/event states are restored on restart, e.g. with Juraid Mountain, it'd restore the score [kills], set each room's primary/secondary spawns, set the active room, lower all the previous bridges, respawn the mobs not previously killed in that room...
    - Reimplemented our private arena implementation to make better use of instances (somewhat, kind of cheated for now... these official-like implementations can be awfully awkward).
    - Chaos Dungeon is somewhat implemented; just need to fix an unusual bug with it (or well, see if it's only specific to that client version >_<").
    - Started implementing support for 2.0xx; while it was only recently started, there hasn't really been all that much to do -- not a great deal of change packet-wise (so most of the functionality still works fine). Regarding new functionality, achievements are probably the only thing that's going to be an absolute bitch to implement, with the huge variety of very specific achievement triggers (kind of a useless feature anyway, but might be better if we make rewards sensible...).
    - Implemented the one 'new' (since 1.298) passive that hadn't been implemented.
    - Implemented the Knight Genie.
    - Implemented a slightly unofficial version of Forgotten Temple making use of mgame's new functionality. It's instanced, with proper signup (though I can't imagine it'll have more than 1 instance anyway, but I can imagine using it as a base for more custom events).

    Obviously a bunch of bug fixes here and there but really, too varied to bother to list (and not much point since the server's not in use yet, thus nobody's waiting on anything being fixed ;p).

    Chaos Dungeon is probably the only thing that really needs finishing (as above), otherwise 2.0xx stuff and I guess soccer & zone channels ['force' system] (which I allowed for with the instancing rewrites, though haven't implemented specifics for yet). Possibly Krowaz's Dominion too, but if that's still not re-enabled officially, meh.
    everytime you are updating this topic but i got a question
    after you are gonna fixing everything in there what you gonna do with the filles? opening a server?
    ProJoinT likes this.

  15. #120
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NoOneCanStopMe View Post
    everytime you are updating this topic but i got a question
    after you are gonna fixing everything in there what you gonna do with the filles? opening a server?
    At this stage, that's the ultimate plan, although at the present time we've still got to:
    - finish the game functionality (... almost >_<").
    - implement server protection from the usual suspects (stuff like speed hacking, wall hacking).
    - prepare for the building of new content (i.e. polish off the map editor, stuff with models, etc).
    - test it. Lots of testing will be needed.

    Once that's done, we can begin to (seriously) plan it. I really don't want to half-ass it, or give anyone any false expectations...

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Hehe looking for experianced developers :)
    By griml2eaper in forum Private Server Technical Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-10-2010, 09:34 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •