Page 19 of 61 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
Like Tree291Likes

Global MyKo - Server Nostalgia - Myko [Beta: 24.05.2019] - [Official: 31.05.2019]

This is a discussion on Global MyKo - Server Nostalgia - Myko [Beta: 24.05.2019] - [Official: 31.05.2019] within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; server dead?...
Page: 19

server dead?

Global-myko Senior Member deadhealer1's Avatar

Global - Myko is back. Keep checking in for updates.
    UltimatePvP likes this.

Panel : Forum : Drop List : Facebook

Hello girls and gentlemen, we are proud to announce the comeback and opening of new Global - MyKo server. It's been a while since we opened last server and I've had many people asking me when will the server start again. We plan to open the server in mid Jully, so all the preparations will be done before. As soon as forum ready we will announce beta. The rewards of course will be awesome. Keep checking in.

For those who have never played on my server it will be good experience for those who did, welcome back!

Here is why we think Global - MyKo will be interested to you!

#1. Global - MyKo have stepped much further then any other server in its security measures. Passwords in our database are being encrypted as soon as you register! That means even the Administration of the server cannot see your passwords.

Strong password requirements for registration, that Means no easy passwords.

Secure password recovery in case you forgot your password. You will be able to restore your password only if you have the access to the email that is assigned to the account plus security code.

#2. Active Corpse System. Absolutely new approach to the look of your character. Apply any of 4 types of Corpse skin to your character with a +10 defense bonus to every peace of armory after upgrade. It stays as a regular armor only obtains new look and extra 10 defense that sums up to a +50 defense with 5 peaces on. Upgrades as regular armor of any grade any +, with any bonus. If you would like to go back to original look, you would have to use the same scroll again.

<font size="4"><span style="font-family: Verdana"><span style="font-family: times new roman"><font size="6">

#3. Newly Renovated Chaos Event. This event was completely reworked by me. I had the idea to make it as close to the real Chaos as possible and I feel I have succeeded for the most part.

Server Information

Server Version : V.1299
    Level Cap: 72
    Colony Zone : MyKo Colony Zone(Castle)
    Moradon: MyKo Grassy
    Style of the Server: Medium Farm/Medium Exp
    Starting Level: 1 (Master Disabled )
    Trade enabled in all zones.

Events are something special this time. The idea was to make the game content as big as possible. So there is always something to do. You will have an event inside of another event which is cool and of course , for the first time, there will be fully automated Boss events.

In-game Features:

Instant In-Game Class Change(Mastered/Unmastered with Points Reset!)
    Instant In-Game Premium!
    Instant In-Game Gender Change!
    Free Restart/Reskill for premium users!
    Trade enabled in all zones.
    Upgrade failure are captured in Moradon chat only.
    Successful upgrades are captured in all zones.
    Jail System for AFK'ers
    Anti-cheat, Anti TBL editing security measures. If you try to edit any skills in TBL , you will not be able to load into the game and will be disconnected automatically.[You are 0k to try.]

Upgrade Rates

Blessed upgrade scroll

* +1 > +2 = 100%
    * +2 > +3 = 100%
    * +3 > +4 = 85%
    * +4 > +5 = 60%
    * +5 > +6 = 35%
    * +6 > +7 = 13%
    *Closed* +7 > +8 = 4%

Blessed upgrade scroll + Trina

* +1 > +2 = 100%
    * +2 > +3 = 100%
    * +3 > +4 = 100%
    * +4 > +5 = 100%
    * +5 > +6 = 49%
    * +6 > +7 = 23%
    *Closed* +7 > +8 = 8%

[We are looking for Game Masters, Forum Moderators that speak/write in langues such as Spanish/Turkish. If you are a Game Master, you will not be allowed to play.]

- Global-Myko Team
    Last edited by deadhealer1; 07-01-2018 at 05:46 PM.

Facebook Group -> click
    Facebook fan page -> click

PS. From now you can register on the forum: Global MYKO | Forum (Content of the forum will published as soon as possible)

#1. Global - MyKo have stepped much further then any other server in its security measures. Passwords in our database are being encrypted as soon as you register! That means even the Administration of the server cannot see your passwords.
    I hope this isn't real.

1. If you're actually encrypting passwords, that means they can also be decrypted... which means this really isn't secure. This is why we hash passwords; they shouldn't be recoverable.
    2. If you actually think you're the first server to hash your passwords (please don't tell me you're actually encrypting them...), well... sorry to break it to you, but servers have been enforcing this basic security precaution for years... the option has existed in most panels people have been using even...
    3. When else would you "encrypt" your passwords???
    UltimatePvP and nickos3 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    I hope this isn't real.

1. If you're actually encrypting passwords, that means they can also be decrypted... which means this really isn't secure. This is why we hash passwords; they shouldn't be recoverable.
    2. If you actually think you're the first server to hash your passwords (please don't tell me you're actually encrypting them...), well... sorry to break it to you, but servers have been enforcing this basic security precaution for years... the option has existed in most panels people have been using even...
    3. When else would you "encrypt" your passwords???

1. No you are completely right, it is not encrypting it is hashing passwords using hashing algorithm MD5. It isn't possible to reverse the function to get back to the original string. This is for everyone else, to know that you cannot get the same value once it is been hashed.

2. If Since yes, I am hashing and yes option have existed on the "panels" it is 99% that people have not actually used it. If they did, we would have not seen fall of so many servers due to account hacking. On the other hand, this isn't just the panel. It is true there is already a system implemented into the panel, but you cannot use it until you do all the database work correctly.
    So yes, I can call myself one of the first who have made it so far with security measures for 1299x Version that Actually works.

3. Thanks for correcting me twostars.

Quote Originally Posted by deadhealer1 View Post
    1. No you are completely right, it is not encrypting it is hashing passwords using hashing algorithm MD5. It isn't possible to reverse the function to get back to the original string. This is for everyone else, to know that you cannot get the same value once it is been hashed.

2. If Since yes, I am hashing and yes option have existed on the "panels" it is 99% that people have not actually used it. If they did, we would have not seen fall of so many servers due to account hacking. On the other hand, this isn't just the panel. It is true there is already a system implemented into the panel, but you cannot use it until you do all the database work correctly.
    So yes, I can call myself one of the first who have made it so far with security measures for 1299x Version that Actually works.

3. Thanks for correcting me twostars.
    I am sure me and many others have been using MD5 since forever, it's literally the basics. I could be wrong, but I would be surprised if people wouldn't be using MD5 encryption beacuse the tutorial for it was posted on SNOXD over 5 years ago if I'm correct and from what I remember. The so called "fall of hacking" wasn't "exactly" or "fully" server owners fault that have been affected with it. All of the hacking was done by other server owners beacuse players hacked used same ID/Password literally on every server, so those with malicious intentions were abusing their player's trust to hack their items on other servers. Nonetheless, the main stupidity is still in the players themselves for using same ID/Password, which is extremely stupid and there is no cure against stupid All of the hacking mania would be avoided if players simply used different passwords on different servers.

As for owners perspective, the only thing you can do is force certain rules at registration, but that still doesn't garantuee whatsoever that the player isn't using the same password again.
    UltimatePvP and nickos3 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SexyLittleAnimal View Post
    As for owners perspective, the only thing you can do is force certain rules at registration, but that still doesn't garantuee whatsoever that the player isn't using the same password again.
    I agree with it

Global MyKo Senior Member Deadhealer's Avatar

There is a way actually against peoples stupidity. Not sure how much effort it would take but there is. Mandatory password change monthly without the ability for user to use same password ever again. It is common in big corps.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadhealer View Post
    There is a way actually against peoples stupidity. Not sure how much effort it would take but there is. Mandatory password change monthly without the ability for user to use same password ever again. It is common in big corps.
    I totally agree with you on that aspect, but even with your logic the same password could still be used and player equally hacked during the first month.

You are still forgeting one thing however. The more complex you are making it, the more will your server suffer. I don't mean it in a disrespectful way, but often Peruvians and Turks already struggle with fulfilling the minimum secret PIN or password requirements. My opinion is purely subjective from what I have noticed from my player base so far, and they often even forget to tick "I am not a robot" window or ToS and cannot figure out the issue.

If you want to take that chance and risk you have very big balls, I've seen a few servers being forced to reset players passwords, and they were empty for days beacuse people were struggling with figuring out why their password were suddenly changed.

For my server personally what seemed to work the best as an additional protection was the item seal system.

Quote Originally Posted by SexyLittleAnimal View Post
    I totally agree with you on that aspect, but even with your logic the same password could still be used and player equally hacked during the first month.

You are still forgeting one thing however. The more complex you are making it, the more will your server suffer. I don't mean it in a disrespectful way, but often Peruvians and Turks already struggle with fulfilling the minimum secret PIN or password requirements. My opinion is purely subjective from what I have noticed from my player base so far, and they often even forget to tick "I am not a robot" window or ToS and cannot figure out the issue.

If you want to take that chance and risk you have very big balls, I've seen a few servers being forced to reset players passwords, and they were empty for days beacuse people were struggling with figuring out why their password were suddenly changed.

For my server personally what seemed to work the best as an additional protection was the item seal system.
    Getting hacked in a firsr month if that where it comes to us better then 10th, when you have invested much time.

Im not talking about PIN and all the crap that turkish servers using that pushes people away. I am talking about professional approach where it would be very reasonable and easy to go through the proccess.

Who doesnt like to change passwords for their own sake , they are allowing the risk of loss of their items and time.

SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar

Well, people you will deal with will be cases like "HELLO ADMIN, I CAN NOT REGISTER"

Then he will post a screen shot, on the screen shot there will be written in big capitol RED LETTERS "your seal password must be 4 - 8 digit only" or "YOUR PASSWORD CAN BE MAX 12 CHARACTERS"

But no, that is not enough they will pm you that they can't register xD xD

The more complex you make it, the more you will have to deal xD

Im sure that will happen , not everyone can read these days... but now thats our responsibility to make correct translations and errors that are given out on the language that user is registering.

You're all talking about people abusing these passwords like it's such a common thing. From our experience, we've never had a problem with people being hacked based on others finding out their password (because of it being reused etc).
    On the contrary, in our experience the issue has ALWAYS been account sharing. People INTENTIONALLY share their details and then get screwed over by it.

If you have decent password requirements, you pretty much force most people in the KO community to use a different password than they'd normally use (since most will use something basic like 12345).

In a game like KO where sharers are rampant, trying to discourage this behaviour by locking things down by default helps to some degree, but people still go the extra mile to bypass security measures to share accounts because "they're the exception" (and then get screwed over too).

So yeah... coming from a server that's had this stuff locked down from the get-go, you're always still going to have these issues -- just not because of the passwords themselves. It just comes down to the player's fault at this point, when you've done all you can to prevent them from using a common password, locked their account to their registration location by default and otherwise attempted to dissuade them from sharing accounts.

If any of this talk is based on your own experience, then clearly you're not using sufficient password measures.

I legitimately do not remember a single case where someone used a password on our server that they used on another server that someone abused their database access (and the server owner's incompetence with password security).
    Not one. If it did, it happened years ago and they'd have been already using a sufficiently complex password there (which would make it an exception in itself).

I'm not saying they're perfect, but it's just not been my experience in all the time we've been running our server that the reuse of passwords from other servers was ever an issue for us, and as I said, we've been forcing people to use more complex passwords from the very start. So I assume it's been working as intended.
    nickos3 likes this.

Soon there will be more MyKO server than players lmao

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 3
    10-23-2018, 04:51 PM
  2. Hits: 70
    08-29-2018, 11:27 AM