Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

going to open a farm server? read this.

This is a discussion on going to open a farm server? read this. within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; it seems we're in major lack of good private server's latly, the reason is becoz we got too many "newb" ...
Page: 1

Work it, make it, do it. Senior Member ThiefShaman's Avatar

Default going to open a farm server? read this.

it seems we're in major lack of good private server's latly, the reason is becoz we got too many "newb" owners who decide to open a server with no clue to what the KO players needs.
    we had 5 farm private servers opening this month, non of them survived longer then just few days cause of corrpution, bad drop rates, bad upgrade rates, lack of gm's.

so befor another "newb" owner decide to open a server here's some info about how it should look like, this is for a farm server:

lets start with beginner gear -:

-1st class armor +4/hp/dex/str(depends on class)
    -1st class weapons+ doesn matter
    -10000 coins
    -hp/mp pots

--------------------

drops & rates -:

-worms -: low class armor+4/5, low class weapons+8
    -wolfs -: low class weapons+8, bus at 20% rate
    -cards -: bus/bes at 40% droprate
    -dk/ak -: full plates+3 at 25% droprate
    -harpys -: mirage dagger+3 at 15% droprate
    -trolls -: glaves+3 at 15% droprate
    -apos -: totamic club/salamandar staff+3 at 15% droprate
    -golems -: chitins at 25% droprate
    -dark mare -: shells/shards/ii/ms/raptors etc at 35% chance for one of them to drop.
    -adding new mob into bowl that spwn every 3hours that drops 1500/300 scrolls at 100% droprate for 1 sc.
    those are the importent ones, rest like myko drops..
    -1500/300/teleport scrolls can be also purchased on NPC for slightly high price to keep them unique on PUS but still be avaible for non donators.
    --------------------

upgrade rates -:

with bus -:

100% to +3
    85% to+4
    70% to+5
    50% to+6
    20% to+7
    5% to+8

(mid class scrolls same % but will only work for mid class items!)

-----------------------

PUS -:

teleport scrolls
    1500hp/300ac scrolls
    name change scroll
    class chance scroll
    nation transfer scroll
    (can add master items week after the offical opened)

now few more tips -:

Must advertise alot 2 weeks befor u open the beta!, beta should be opened btw 3-5 days befor launching the offical, all bugs must be fixed and its crucial to open beta/offical on the time u setted or ull lose community. dont even consider advertising/opening the server befor u got everything fixed, dedi server online, enough trustables gm's.

and most importent, dont go corrputed! ppl ingame can easly reconize when some1 who didnt exp got a lvl boost, or didnt work items and got unmatched items to his performence, once the players even consider the gm for corrpution they will quit.

--------------------------

after 4 years of farm private servers expirience thats my conclusion's for a succsful farm server,

if u agree just +1 this.
    Last edited by ThiefShaman; 03-22-2011 at 09:01 AM.

netarchy

sounds fun :P if you need a gm hit me up xD ill give it a try(any way at it) lol

twitch.tv/sneaksdota Senior Member SnEaKy's Avatar

Just play Old School KO, best private server in a loooooooonnnnggggggggggg time.

yeah but oldschool are way outgeared for a new player

+1 to Thief. definitely what we need.

Almost a +1

-trolls -: glaves+3 at 25% droprate
    -apos -: totamic club/salamandar staff+3 at 25% droprate
    -dark mare -: shells/shards/ii/ms/raptors etc at 35% chance for one of them to drop.
    -riotes -: 500hp/150ac scrolls
    -atross -: 1000hp scrolls

Imo 25% droprate is kinda high for md's/glaves etc, 5%/10% would suffice imo,

Riotes/atrosses shouldnt drop those scrolls (people will farm them anways) imo it would be better if some other mob in CZ would drop these scrolls (more farming in cz = more raiding)

What about the exp rate?

The rest is definetly +1

Banned

Master items after 1 week opening is a bad idea

Why would you want a server where only donators get 1500/300 scrolls?
    Would rather just have boss summon scrolls in PUS and 1500/300 obtainable through npc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawoos View Post
    Why would you want a server where only donators get 1500/300 scrolls?
    Would rather just have boss summon scrolls in PUS and 1500/300 obtainable through npc.
    donators will buy thosescrolls and sell them on merchants anyway, and theres buffers ingame u know
    anyway a succusful server must get enough donation's to pay for the dedi and some other bills, if u have any other idea for somethin ppl will buy from PUS who wont be overpowered and still ppl will be willing to buy go ahead..

Quote Originally Posted by doob View Post
    Almost a +1

-trolls -: glaves+3 at 25% droprate
    -apos -: totamic club/salamandar staff+3 at 25% droprate
    -riotes -: 500hp/150ac scrolls
    -atross -: 1000hp scrolls

Imo 25% droprate is kinda high for md's/glaves etc, 5%/10% would suffice imo,

Riotes/atrosses shouldnt drop those scrolls (people will farm them anways) imo it would be better if some other mob in CZ would drop these scrolls (more farming in cz = more raiding)

What about the exp rate?

The rest is definetly +1
    i was thinking the same thing, tho DM's already droping lot of gg items, and not anyone knows how to make a new mob with high stats to drop them, it would be cool if they could add a certain mob with hp/ac/ap like a dm to bowl which spwn like every 30min and drop scrolls..

500hp/150ac scroll are shit...i dont know where u can use it...maybe only while you are merchanting in maradon or farm worms...
    tp scrolls only in pus kills medieval empire where everyone donators uses it on invazjon everyday
    If donators have 1500/300 and i have to use buff or 1000/150 where nobady sells 1500/300 on merchant its i am not going on this
    drop rate 25%? its not farm server..its not light farm..its more like full pk server cuz 1/4harrpy/troll who give 1 glave/md its mean you need 1-2day for +8..

Quote Originally Posted by Undef View Post
    500hp/150ac scroll are shit...i dont know where u can use it...maybe only while you are merchanting in maradon or farm worms...
    tp scrolls only in pus kills medieval empire where everyone donators uses it on invazjon everyday
    If donators have 1500/300 and i have to use buff or 1000/150 where nobady sells 1500/300 on merchant its i am not going on this
    drop rate 25%? its not farm server..its not light farm..its more like full pk server cuz 1/4harrpy/troll who give 1 glave/md its mean you need 1-2day for +8..
    you are partly right, topic editted.

@i highly doubt teleport scrolls were the reason madiavelko went down, they are usless unless theres an invation, and u can easly do fine without them, but i added few more alternatives to keep everyone happy, and again, server will need buyable items on PUS to survive the bills.
    Last edited by ThiefShaman; 03-22-2011 at 09:03 AM.

if u have anymore idea's please share them, if u think im worng about smth say it so i will edit, we will build the best server the community needs so the new private server owners wont make same mistakes over and over.

Ok maybe Im missing something, But why in the world would I want to come to a private server to farm.... KO is a horrible pve / farm / instant game there are other games that are way better.

The only thing good about KO is the pvp / team pvp

If i opened a server I would have an npc that gave + 3 acessories / + 9 armor / + 9 weapons...and thats it. No farming, no upgrading... just pk

Where the only thing that seperates a good pvper is gear choice, skills, and party.

Quote Originally Posted by jojoballlz View Post
    Ok maybe Im missing something, But why in the world would I want to come to a private server to farm.... KO is a horrible pve / farm / instant game there are other games that are way better.

The only thing good about KO is the pvp / team pvp

If i opened a server I would have an npc that gave + 3 acessories / + 9 armor / + 9 weapons...and thats it. No farming, no upgrading... just pk

Where the only thing that seperates a good pvper is gear choice, skills, and party.
    There are already a couple of servers which (almost) gives u those items.
    Two of these servers are: Sexyko, Wildko.

PK'ing seems fun yeah, but after pking for 3 days most people get bored due to lack of variation. Especially on servers where 'almost' everyone is equally geared :/

A farm server doesn't mean that you have to go hardcore like usko. And a lot of people like the fact that when they've 'worked' for their items/levels that those items/levels actually make a difference in PK instead of everyone being equally geared.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast