Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

going to open a farm server? read this.

This is a discussion on going to open a farm server? read this. within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by doob There are already a couple of servers which (almost) gives u those items. Two of these ...
Page: 2

Quote Originally Posted by doob View Post
    There are already a couple of servers which (almost) gives u those items.
    Two of these servers are: Sexyko, Wildko.

PK'ing seems fun yeah, but after pking for 3 days most people get bored due to lack of variation. Especially on servers where 'almost' everyone is equally geared :/

A farm server doesn't mean that you have to go hardcore like usko. And a lot of people like the fact that when they've 'worked' for their items/levels that those items/levels actually make a difference in PK instead of everyone being equally geared.
    In not saying you or the OP has a bad opinion, im just adding mine. xD

People getting bored...Look at some of the people here on KO4life, this week there playing a warrior, next week a mage, then there quiting...then there coming back as a rogue.

Items and lvls making a difference in pk thats USKO.

In a way you proved my point. If I have to "work" for my items I would just play USKO. Cause at the end of the day, when I'm ready to quit I can sell out. I will get more value for my "work", in my opinion.
    Last edited by jojoballlz; 03-22-2011 at 12:45 PM.

Banned Senior Member

Hmm. I have read all. You are quite right Thief but Iam playing in a farm server it is quite good but need some more points. There are avarage 200 players the best item is now +7 hell breaker. No edit chars like OSKO no edit items but it was open a few weeks ago.

KnighsOnline.Net - Breth Piana Farm Server!! ---> I am not promoting but it has some minus things such as it needs an English panel. It is auto register but later on you should login and fill the necessary blanks. By the way as you can see there arent many master characters. No clan can kill isiloon if you have a group you can make difference.

Teh Rapist Senior Member TheRealCandyman's Avatar

kk we'll relaunch pko wit a little bit harder rates.../naht lol,

but ya i know what you mean with this topic, as for the people saying the rates he mentioned are "pk server" rates, well you're wrong, just because an item drops often doesnt mean the upgrades are going to be the same, dont forget this game is based off two things, thats actually receiving the item, then be able to upgrade it.

As for the whole "pk servers rule" yeah they rule for a bit till people get bored, and these days with the KO population, they tend to get bored very easily as well as rage quit..Rogues rage quit when other rogues beat them since most of the sin population most likely owns some sort of pedal by now, and the rest find other excuses

as for complete farm server, itd be a great idea, if the community was like the old KO community, but unfortunately it isnt, its now based off a bunch of kids who assume having the most NPs or the best gear automatically means they are the best, and by getting their name out there they'll become "ko legends" and unfortunately for us (well just u guys since i personally havnt played ko in months) those same kids tend to quit when they arnt the top np holder or gear holder, because they know a new server will come out soon enough and theyll try becoming "the best" on that.

to be completely honest, imo private servers will probably never pick up again like USKO was (since most of the servers out there are KE based) unless of course well, most likely NDKO will be able to change that (if it ever comes out) but other then that all servers that launch eventually close because of the selfish population that now plays KO, people forgot the fact that this game was based off team play, fun, and of course competition, not just based on 1vs1s and whos got the most nps, because if they dont have it in their eyes it isnt worth trying to get, they just quit, then eventually the population of the server slowly decreases to its own end, if the community doesnt change the servers never will, and you'll never see a "good" server launch and stay up because of those players.

p.s the whole 1500/300 scrolls in PUS is a great idea, people need to remember that there are buffers in this game, bringing that class back would be fun and make things more interesting.

as much as you donated thief, osko would be just right for you... even a late start, your welcome to join our clan here too.

Banned

sure is a great server but the admins killing other servers to gain more players is stupid.

ps: it's a lvl 65 cap, change ur sig?

Work it, make it, do it. Senior Member ThiefShaman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lifeson View Post
    as much as you donated thief, osko would be just right for you... even a late start, your welcome to join our clan here too.
    would be great if i had started there at the first week atleast, i believe it is too late atm and i aint gunna donat 1k usd just to keep up =/

Osko seemed like a really cool server if we'd started in the beginning.

i just played there recently but the problem i had was that there weren't dropping any +8 noob items. I understand that the admins want to have this oldschool server where getting items is really hard and that +8 items would be OP.

unfortunately, this is making it very hard for new players to 'catch up' with players who are playing there since the beginning.

- Few low lvl exp spots (cause most of the people are already exping at higher levels)
    - No +8 noob items which makes it hard for new players to solo/lvl up fastly

Like i said, i understand that he admins are doing this i'm just saying that it's hard for new players to gear/level up fast.

i dont really care about drops that much.

but what i do find retarded in most "farm" server is that the anvil is retarded low i mean 3-5% +8? and +8 is max thats so gay, how about make +9/+10 max and make the rates like these or close to them

+1=100%
    +2=100%
    +3=100%
    +4=100%
    +5=80&
    +6=50%
    +7=25%
    +8=12%
    +9=6%
    +10=3%

Drop list on all servers r basiclly the same. i think a farm server should ether be lvl70 or lvl80 cap no 72,75,83,85 that is just gay tbh

Exping my point shouldnt be like it was in myko or usko cuz theres just exp nothing els. make it abit more gainfull to exp. like they drop bus bes gold coins maybe and then make bosses drop Gbīs at a 30% rate and dms to drop Sbīs at 50%.

and no other items just Bifrost and/or Juraid max.

thats how i think a farm serv should be like.

maybe like pereous Ko or how ever it was spelled.

OldSchoolKO Staff Senior Member Professor's Avatar

Thanks for all your comments,

Honestly i can tell you that is quite simple to start in oldschoolko, it will be the same result joining after 1 month or 1 year, i tell you why:

1.There are more quest exp than before (Read our announcements at forum)
    2.There are events where you can get Knight cash for free
    3.Also there are knight cash vouchers that users sell on the market (moradon)
    4.the truth be told there aren't +8 noob items as you said but there are +7 noob rare items, it was made like this to keep the old school spirit on the server and avoid to see several glowing items then, so in this way only the brave user that risk his item by upgrading to +8 will have that priviledge to have a glowing weapon.
    5.A friendly Community

At this end of march death war is coming and we are close to launch one of the most expected events by our community: the forgotten temple, we worked a lot to make it the most fair we could for our community, for more information please visit our forum.

GoodGame - Powered by vBulletin

OldSchoolKO Staff

Teh Rapist Senior Member TheRealCandyman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TrailOfTears View Post
    i dont really care about drops that much.

but what i do find retarded in most "farm" server is that the anvil is retarded low i mean 3-5% +8? and +8 is max thats so gay, how about make +9/+10 max and make the rates like these or close to them

+1=100%
    +2=100%
    +3=100%
    +4=100%
    +5=80&
    +6=50%
    +7=25%
    +8=12%
    +9=6%
    +10=3%

Drop list on all servers r basiclly the same. i think a farm server should ether be lvl70 or lvl80 cap no 72,75,83,85 that is just gay tbh

Exping my point shouldnt be like it was in myko or usko cuz theres just exp nothing els. make it abit more gainfull to exp. like they drop bus bes gold coins maybe and then make bosses drop Gbīs at a 30% rate and dms to drop Sbīs at 50%.

and no other items just Bifrost and/or Juraid max.

thats how i think a farm serv should be like.

maybe like pereous Ko or how ever it was spelled.
    perseus ko*

and welll, alex is trying to move to the states this summer from england, and by the states i mean hes trying to move roughly 10min away from me, so since we'll actually be hangin out in person nd shit who knows maybe we'll get back into ko and launch a server, not making any promises or anything but only time can tell what happens lol, neither of us do much with our free time besides work/gym anyway lol, so IF we do get back into ko (which as of right now is very unlikely but his move over can possibly change things) we most likely will relaunch a server, since apparantly all of them except for like 1 are shit right now and who knows when NDKO will launch lol..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12