Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Hard Farm Servers

This is a discussion on Hard Farm Servers within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by swoozie Anyone remember the USKO Paragon beta??? (moradon expansion), that was the sheeeeeeet. If there was a ...
Page: 2

wtf is juice? Senior Member trytankme's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by swoozie View Post
    Anyone remember the USKO Paragon beta??? (moradon expansion), that was the sheeeeeeet. If there was a server that was like that I would play!
    yeh that was actually fun, probably coz it was so packed. i remember even arena was going crazy lol

^ u really love ur arenas

Quote Originally Posted by Undeadkilla View Post
    ^ u really love ur arenas
    of course he did. He'd always scroll up in arena trolling ppl LOOOL

wtf is juice? Senior Member trytankme's Avatar

Fuck me not this again lol

Make a server where it is only possible to lvl and farm in CZ.
    So like the only zones we need are:
    - Colony zone
    - Moradon
    - Eslant
    - Lunar valley
    And maybe the standard zones to complete quests only.

Make a hard farm serv but let ppl get only +8 items and jewellery max +1 in other way new ppl wont have any chance after 2 or 3 weaks in cz or on boss hunts when there will be undefeatable players ( nolifes ) with full items + 9 or +10 with sc and jewellery +3 and they will be able to kill everything alone. Also I think that serv should be max 70 or 72 with all working skills. In my opinion 80 or 83 lvl cap destroys idea of KO and lets ppl be like multifunctional robots ( for ex fp bp with 1k hp who is able to make 1k+ dmg every hit ... sick ... also hard farm server must have a lot of events so ppl will have to do anything else instead of exping and farming ... ( LW , DLW , CSW, FT, find gm event, etharos event in cz etc ... once I was became a GM when there were 5 ppl on server, after 1,5 week of making events and playing with players, we get about 40 ppl but servers was hacked and we couldnt revive it.

I prefer a farm server which is why I'm currently playing OSKO. I think most people want a farm server but just don't know it. A lot of people don't have the time to really put into being as good as they want to be so they quit. But anyways, I think one big secret to the success of servers is starting with a huge base at release. Then as the months roll by give discounts on premium to keep people interested? Plus lots of advertising? I dunno. I'm not sure what USKO did to keep people playing for as long as they have to be honest. But I can tell you the problem is and always has been, even for USKO, population. I think opening another private server is basically just going to split private servers up even more at the end of the day.. You can talk about giving people uniques, capping levels, making leveling easier etc.. but at the end of the day I think it boils down to you spoon feed them what they want.. they get it.. then they quit. Giving people all these uniques off the bat at login.. plus making leveling easier isn't the answer. Lots of people needing xp is the life blood of the game. Plus needing to farm uniques.. That's just my two cents.

SlickPrick Senior Member jewboy's Avatar

Why not make lvl 70 cap server, get basic gear +6 to start, with beginner quest uniques. Start lvl 55. IDC about the exp rates. Whatever you guys prefer (hard or medium) Why not have a reward system that allows you to exchange lottery tickets u get from killing people or mobs for a certain + weapon/armor. If you kill someone u get a bigger lottery ticket compared to killing a mob. Hella events that would give you these lottery ticket rewards as well, and if you win you get even more of them. You could have like miniature versions of the main uniques as the beginner uniques u get, and then upgrade via the reward system, or just have bosses drop them. Having bosses drop them would probably be better so there's extra things for people to do. They can drop uniques + large lotto tickets.I think the thing that kills servers in the end is the large item gap after a month or so. No one wants to come CZ if they know its gonna take them a while to get gear close to those people. If you have a reward system, maybe it'll be an easier way for people to gear up. + it'll eliminate the anvil. FUCK THE ANVILLLLL </3 (donators wont be op'd) That sounds cool to me, but im sure no one else would like it lol. Obviously more thought would have to be put into it than what I've said. Just an overall idea.
    Blaze likes this.

Everyone is entitled to have their own opinion about Professor, or how he runs the OSKO server, but what remains constant is that OSKO is still up, populated, and even Adonis (first server) players still have their gear intact. Yes Xydonis is down, yes Professor was not entirely truthful (or lied if you like), but Xydonis will most likely be up and merged with Kronos therefore yet again preserving the players' items.
    If you have ever worked in a business or owned one, you will know that some things are better left untold, and whilst I agree the way Professor caters to his community could be better, his decisions do make business sense in the long run. Every private server is a business regardless of what the owners say out loud, the sooner people realize that, the fewer rage fits they will have
    I recently logged Kronos and the economy seems stable, Moradon is full, CZ active. If I was to invest time and effort again, I would do it on OSKO but that's just my opinion.

Can anyone name a server that has been around for as long as OSKO?

Quote Originally Posted by InfernalFire View Post
    Everyone is entitled to have their own opinion about Professor, or how he runs the OSKO server, but what remains constant is that OSKO is still up, populated, and even Adonis (first server) players still have their gear intact. Yes Xydonis is down, yes Professor was not entirely truthful (or lied if you like), but Xydonis will most likely be up and merged with Kronos therefore yet again preserving the players' items.
    If you have ever worked in a business or owned one, you will know that some things are better left untold, and whilst I agree the way Professor caters to his community could be better, his decisions do make business sense in the long run. Every private server is a business regardless of what the owners say out loud, the sooner people realize that, the fewer rage fits they will have
    I recently logged Kronos and the economy seems stable, Moradon is full, CZ active. If I was to invest time and effort again, I would do it on OSKO but that's just my opinion.

Can anyone name a server that has been around for as long as OSKO?
    SexyKO, Euro-pvp, Yatagan Online a.k.a XGame. They're all pvp servers but that doesn't really matter does it? Then there's also MaxKO which is now known as FlameKO, with 250+ peaked online players.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    SexyKO, Euro-pvp, Yatagan Online a.k.a XGame. They're all pvp servers but that doesn't really matter does it? Then there's also MaxKO which is now known as FlameKO, with 250+ peaked online players.
    Well no Kallop, it doesn't, this topic is about hard farm servers, not pvp. FlameKO does not seem like a hard farm server either although I might be wrong there - all I meant to say was, there is more haterism in peoples' comments about OSKO than the actual truth.

Well no Kallop, it doesn't, this topic is about hard farm servers, not pvp. FlameKO does not seem like a hard farm server either although I might be wrong there - all I meant to say was, there is more haterism in peoples' comments about OSKO than the actual truth.
    Indeed, but you only asked me to mention servers that have lasted long. Anyway, I can't disagree with you. OSKO is known for its long-term servers and stability but I wouldn't play it because I think it mixes up oldschool and Star Wars too much ;3

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    Indeed, but you only asked me to mention servers that have lasted long. Anyway, I can't disagree with you. OSKO is known for its long-term servers and stability but I wouldn't play it because I think it mixes up oldschool and Star Wars too much ;3
    Fair deuce, I could have phrased my question better As they say, each to their own, the reason I like OSKO is because it reminds me the good old diez times back when I was playing it, when the cap was 70 etc. and there was none of that krowaz and gloves of pathos crap (:P). It just has an oldschool feel to it you know, now maybe less so, but it has had to evolve a little bit - it's natural.

Well SEA/MYKO is been up for more then 2 years ++ so >> Knight Online (SEA/MY) - Index
    and it's really better then OSKO just a low population, people should give it a try,
    if you looking for hard farm server please take a look into it .

Quote Originally Posted by zuka View Post
    Well SEA/MYKO is been up for more then 2 years ++ so >> Knight Online (SEA/MY) - Index
    and it's really better then OSKO just a low population, people should give it a try,
    if you looking for hard farm server please take a look into it .
    what's the lvl cap on there? upgrade limits, etc?

edit: just checked their forums and this one shoutbox comment just puts me off, sorry: "LOL +9 mage boots 40 dagg deff in rent store.. its sick abit..."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast