Page 25 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

HellsReapersKO - BETA CLOSED - RELAUNCH ANNOUNCED FOR NOV. 8TH. 100% Stability.

This is a discussion on HellsReapersKO - BETA CLOSED - RELAUNCH ANNOUNCED FOR NOV. 8TH. 100% Stability. within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Today, 10:22 PM PenguinMaster: I'm doing a few things then I'll start it. Its 10:23 PM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH ...
Page: 25

Sir DooM* Senior Member DoomBringer's Avatar

Today, 10:22 PM
    PenguinMaster: I'm doing a few things then I'll start it.
    Its 10:23 PM
    ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM

server will be online in a few minutes. hold on!!

BANNED FOR SCAMMING! Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by n0th1ng View Post
    admin is online in forum. it might be online soon
    hahaha they been online for the last 10 hours^^

Now they will have ~30 ppl instead of 300 =D

Quote Originally Posted by Aresian View Post
    hahaha they been online for the last 10 hours^^
    Wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by LfromLogos View Post
    Now they will have ~30 ppl instead of 300 =D
    They never had 300 in the first place. Think it were around 90-100 + the FTP server went down which mean people couldn't patch and the panel fucked up so people couldn't register. I really like the concept of the server, you can join anytime and get geared.

Server is on. Go go

Bunch of amateurs, it was said to be done and repaired in 6-10 hours. Ok now it is 24 hours, whatever. No notice during these 24 hours at all, admin "sleeping" , whatever.

But seriously you come after these issues and say Server is on and when everybody logs back you have everything even more fucked up (pardon my language, cant say that politely). Not even that you didnt repair these bugs mentioned but u even added more and especially the one thing which u think makes u different from other PS, u fuck that up too?

Sorry for hating this much, but having seen this much amateurism.
    Btw: Im still being polite(besides work fucked up), didnt mean anything personal, I just think admin team done very poor job, thats all.

don't blame to server. ok maybe they fixed some problems too late but still it's really funny to play on that server.

now restarted, just try dudes, it's really good I think I got more fun, I'll keep play on here.

Quote Originally Posted by n0th1ng View Post
    don't blame to server. ok maybe they fixed some problems too late but still it's really funny to play on that server.

now restarted, just try dudes, it's really good I think I got more fun, I'll keep play on here.
    Not so easy to play when you cannot deal damage to monsters

BANNED FOR SCAMMING! Senior Member

Nice server, its all down tho lol

Server Wipe.

Hopefully they get things fixed before they announce relaunch. Shouldn't be that big of an issue though.

PenguinMaster: Well, what happened, the reason the server was "lagging" wasn't really lag. It was log write errors which means something crashed, and we BELIEVE it was because of our Death log program. But there was 70+ people on when that happened.
    Lesson one learned (I hope): always keep performance/scalability in mind. What may seem like a simple, easy change can have serious repercussions.

I ran into a slightly similar issue with KO-Tastic when implementing the slightly extended death logs. It wasn't doing much more than it was normally (just adding party info, you appear to be storing item info as well, unless that's just pulled from the database later?), but it was killing the hell out of the server (because of the constant i/o). In this instance, performing the write in another thread (i.e. batching all writes to be done at the same time & consequently moving any i/o blocking away from the worker thread) solved that problem.

In your case, and this is pure speculation, it sounds a little like trouble on both fronts: if you truly are reading from it every 5ms (as your post indicates, "updates every 5ms"), this is going to be causing way too much blocking -- not to mention absolutely killing the CPU. There's really no need for a 5ms delay; I'd use at *least* 1 second here, probably something more like 5. Players aren't going to be checking it right away anyway, there's no need to kill the CPU's usage over that.
    Additionally, while it's open it's unable to be written to, so the game server's worker thread is going to just sit there and do nothing until it's available (if it doesn't flat out reject the request, but at 5ms it's anyone's guess what'd happen).

Here's hoping that 5ms is a gross exaggeration.

That's assuming the fault even lies with that, of course.

any gm or admin of hellsreapers, can you say when will be wipe and server up??

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Lesson one learned (I hope): always keep performance/scalability in mind. What may seem like a simple, easy change can have serious repercussions.

I ran into a slightly similar issue with KO-Tastic when implementing the slightly extended death logs. It wasn't doing much more than it was normally (just adding party info, you appear to be storing item info as well, unless that's just pulled from the database later?), but it was killing the hell out of the server (because of the constant i/o). In this instance, performing the write in another thread (i.e. batching all writes to be done at the same time & consequently moving any i/o blocking away from the worker thread) solved that problem.

In your case, and this is pure speculation, it sounds a little like trouble on both fronts: if you truly are reading from it every 5ms (as your post indicates, "updates every 5ms"), this is going to be causing way too much blocking -- not to mention absolutely killing the CPU. There's really no need for a 5ms delay; I'd use at *least* 1 second here, probably something more like 5. Players aren't going to be checking it right away anyway, there's no need to kill the CPU's usage over that.
    Additionally, while it's open it's unable to be written to, so the game server's worker thread is going to just sit there and do nothing until it's available (if it doesn't flat out reject the request, but at 5ms it's anyone's guess what'd happen).

Thank you for giving some advice, Im sure it will help them get things situated. On another note how have you bee Two? havent talked to you in years

Can I have your babies
    Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 2
    09-25-2022, 12:16 AM
  2. Hits: 9
    11-06-2013, 10:01 PM
  3. Hits: 2
    11-04-2013, 12:38 AM
  4. Hits: 1
    11-03-2013, 04:52 PM
  5. Hits: 11
    11-03-2013, 03:28 PM
  6. Hits: 6