Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

HellsReapersKO - BETA CLOSED - RELAUNCH ANNOUNCED FOR NOV. 8TH. 100% Stability.

This is a discussion on HellsReapersKO - BETA CLOSED - RELAUNCH ANNOUNCED FOR NOV. 8TH. 100% Stability. within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by SheldonCooper Ketcho is right I'm only 44 lvl I don't complain >< Some guys are 50+ but ...
Page: 38

Quote Originally Posted by SheldonCooper View Post
    Ketcho is right I'm only 44 lvl I don't complain >< Some guys are 50+ but rates are same once is up you get that lvl in 15 min, 30 min and you're 55+ it's to easy. Nobody has any advantage yet at this point. Except for 1 ROL that dropped which drops at 65% drop rate anyway. Let's just wait till servah is up and let's roll.
    Indeed, the players who were online didn't get a big advantage, like sheldon said; just one rol dropped. There haven't been any restarts. Most of the ppl just leveled a bit in the 'Soul Zone (no pk zone)', where most ppl will be till 70 anyway

Banned Senior Member

lol urlast hope is hopoing that this dedi can hold off the botnet somewhat but like I said. Most botnet protections need 1500$+ dedis so we'll see.

I honestly hope it holds them off because the server is good.

28 people online? lolll

SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar

it's noone online panel is bugged he's transfering the files to new dedi.

Banned Senior Member

Oh according to panel I am playing now. Great

Server owner says his server is 100% secure, then they get attacked, then they say no one ever expected an attack that big, then they promise to find a way to be stable, then they either find a way to be stable or just close. Sad part is that even if they find a way to be stable, population is much likely gone by then.

Best of luck to you Penguin, but I have to say it was rather naive from you to expect that with all the hype your server created it wouldnt be targeted hard (if you did and you are just being swarmed then tough shit man, not much else you could have done than expect the worse and get ready for it, sadly some times its even worse than what you imagine).

Seems like people like your project though. My advice would be to close down, get some people to support you and gather money to make some improovements. The fucked up thing is that if whomever is trying to take you down has the means for it, you might still be fucked, and that money will be lost. Oh your server can handle 5 ? Fine, it can handle 10 too ? Wow, too bad it cant handle 100 though. Thats pretty much a dumbed down version of what could happen.

Hope you pull through.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamm1n View Post
    Server owner says his server is 100% secure, then they get attacked, then they say no one ever expected an attack that big, then they promise to find a way to be stable, then they either find a way to be stable or just close. Sad part is that even if they find a way to be stable, population is much likely gone by then.

Best of luck to you Penguin, but I have to say it was rather naive from you to expect that with all the hype your server created it wouldnt be targeted hard (if you did and you are just being swarmed then tough shit man, not much else you could have done than expect the worse and get ready for it, sadly some times its even worse than what you imagine).

Seems like people like your project though. My advice would be to close down, get some people to support you and gather money to make some improovements. The fucked up thing is that if whomever is trying to take you down has the means for it, you might still be fucked, and that money will be lost. Oh your server can handle 5 ? Fine, it can handle 10 too ? Wow, too bad it cant handle 100 though. Thats pretty much a dumbed down version of what could happen.

Hope you pull through.
    Well. What to say. When I said 100% stability I meant that the server would be stable more than when we first released. Which, when we first released we just got flooded and the server crashed because we didn't think about thread count. So when I said 100% stable I meant the actual Dedi and server files would be stable. When we first released we didn't even get touched by DDoS. I wasn't being nieve. I was saying that Brandon himself wasn't going to do a damn thing to us, and he didn't, he doesn't have the resources. I didn't even hear about YourKO at all until now because people telling me it's them. But, as I said. I just dumped 400 in a game server specific ddos protected dedicated. If they can push 10gbps with their botnet, then we will pretty much be shit out of luck until I get paid again and can afford one more thing that would stop it. But we're gonna try with just the Dedi. This company has very high standing and very good customer support. So even if they do bring us down at first, it'll be fixed. I can only hope it works. We still have hundreds of people just waiting. I'm doing what I can

Quote Originally Posted by TheREALPenguin View Post
    Well. What to say. When I said 100% stability I meant that the server would be stable more than when we first released. Which, when we first released we just got flooded and the server crashed because we didn't think about thread count. So when I said 100% stable I meant the actual Dedi and server files would be stable. When we first released we didn't even get touched by DDoS. I wasn't being nieve. I was saying that Brandon himself wasn't going to do a damn thing to us, and he didn't, he doesn't have the resources. I didn't even hear about YourKO at all until now because people telling me it's them. But, as I said. I just dumped 400 in a game server specific ddos protected dedicated. If they can push 10gbps with their botnet, then we will pretty much be shit out of luck until I get paid again and can afford one more thing that would stop it. But we're gonna try with just the Dedi. This company has very high standing and very good customer support. So even if they do bring us down at first, it'll be fixed. I can only hope it works. We still have hundreds of people just waiting. I'm doing what I can

stuff happens, trial by error. learn from it and move on.

BANNED FOR SCAMMING! Senior Member

gotti stop act like a god please, acting cool in forum, pleaseeee boiii ........

Global MyKo Senior Member Deadhealer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheREALPenguin View Post
    Looks like someone really dont like you If the attacker has a large botnet army, its just matter of minutes to bring it down.

What I would recommend is next : Create an option on a kopanel where people could register their ip's and they would need some information to enter to prove they are not bots. IF you are saying 100 are wating then I would recommend take your time and add everybody to the list. Make an advertisement on the panel for those who are confused of why they cant log. I mean if 100 already know how to log, they can tell their friends and this will be an easy thing to do. Just need an active admin that will add everyone....
    Or ban every IP for 1-2 failed login attempt whoever is not botnet can cry on the forum for unban

My 2 smart ass cents

I am Timmeh Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deadhealer View Post
    Looks like someone really dont like you If the attacker has a large botnet army, its just matter of minutes to bring it down.

What I would recommend is next : Create an option on a kopanel where people could register their ip's and they would need some information to enter to prove they are not bots. IF you are saying 100 are wating then I would recommend take your time and add everybody to the list. Make an advertisement on the panel for those who are confused of why they cant log. I mean if 100 already know how to log, they can tell their friends and this will be an easy thing to do. Just need an active admin that will add everyone....
    Or ban every IP for 1-2 failed login attempt whoever is not botnet can cry on the forum for unban

My 2 smart ass cents
    would drive away too many players, players just like to download and play lol

Global MyKo Senior Member Deadhealer's Avatar

You mean people who doesnt understnd english? Trust me when they see that server is running good and lots people likin it. They will use google translator at it fullest :P Just need to get this thing running.

I am Timmeh Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deadhealer View Post
    You mean people who doesnt understnd english? Trust me when they see that server is running good and lots people likin it. They will use google translator at it fullest :P Just need to get this thing running.
    Eh, I was referring more to the lazy people would be like too much work me no play lol

Alright. New update.

With our new Dedi, tonight we recieved a whopping 22gbps with 3million PPS DDoS. We did not go down. As a matter of fact, the Dedi hoster boosted our gbps allowance up to 30gbps as soon as it happened, and they do so for free.

We are stable now. And I can say that with 100% truth, and knowing.

Nov 10 00:40:43 PST 2013 Nov 10 00:52:53 PST 2013 21.33 Gbps 2,911,421 pps

And no crash.
    aussieguy likes this.

UDP and syn attack not bad.
    UDP is measured by gbp/s.
    Syn is measured by packets per second (pps).

odd or a lie.

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 2
    09-25-2022, 12:16 AM
  2. Hits: 9
    11-06-2013, 10:01 PM
  3. Hits: 2
    11-04-2013, 12:38 AM
  4. Hits: 1
    11-03-2013, 04:52 PM
  5. Hits: 11
    11-03-2013, 03:28 PM