Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142 LastLast
Results 601 to 615 of 629
Like Tree92Likes

HellsReapersKO - BETA CLOSED - RELAUNCH ANNOUNCED FOR NOV. 8TH. 100% Stability.

This is a discussion on HellsReapersKO - BETA CLOSED - RELAUNCH ANNOUNCED FOR NOV. 8TH. 100% Stability. within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Unfortunately this community is pretty much retarded and they don't believe in second chances. I don't want to sound harsh ...
Page: 41


  1. #601
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    806

    Default

    Unfortunately this community is pretty much retarded and they don't believe in second chances. I don't want to sound harsh or rude, but that is just what ive learned in these last few years. ^_^

  2. #602
    O_o Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,582

    Default

    Lol so now a wipe is comming? Damn >_<

    So when is it going to take a place?

  3. #603
    Senior Member TheREALPenguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    251

    Default

    It's not going to be for a couple weeks. We have some more stuff to do, some more stuff to implement, and now we know exactly everything that needs to be fixed. Till then, players can come and PK and see that it is balanced and really fun. We'll have a release, and it'll be fun. I'm not that concerned, I just wish people would try to be more understanding instead of acting like children because they don't get their way immediately. But I was a child once too I guess.

  4. #604
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheREALPenguin View Post
    But I was a child once too I guess.
    You Was? :P

  5. #605
    God. Moderator Kallop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Above you.
    Posts
    5,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheREALPenguin View Post
    I just wish people would try to be more understanding instead of acting like children because they don't get their way immediately. But I was a child once too I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by mortal View Post
    Unfortunately this community is pretty much retarded and they don't believe in second chances. I don't want to sound harsh or rude, but that is just what ive learned in these last few years. ^_^
    I find it quite funny how the server owners all think this way. Almost every player understands that there's no point wasting time in a server that is most likely going to keep crashing when you could play in another server or do something else instead.

  6. #606
    Senior Member TheREALPenguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    I find it quite funny how the server owners all think this way. Almost every player understands that there's no point wasting time in a server that is most likely going to keep crashing when you could play in another server or do something else instead.
    The server hasn't crashed for quite some time now. I'm not trying to be a "bad server owner" or anything. I've poured the past year into this server to make it the best, and then what happens? We had 10-15 on Beta, we couldn't have possibly tested every little thing. There were some bugs, and then, while I was at work, Webber fucks up very badly, and Darky spawns a Felankor which just happens to drop RoF which is a 10% drop rate. My GM's fucked up. Webber has been IP banned. But I mean, I stayed up for 34 hours keeping people updated the first day. We got slammed by 46gbps DDoS. Hardly anyone is going to be able to handle that. But instead of quitting I dished out another 400 dollars to make sure it didn't go down. We messed up, on a couple things. I know this. I admit this. Upgrading was the biggest bug, and why? Literally because we had to put -1 on 1 column for personal weapons. Literally, that's it. But we worked day and night until we figured out that that was why. I mean.. Cross referencing thousands and thousands of numbers, just to be fucked because of 1 little -1. Then someone I told not to do what he did, goes and tries to "help" the server by spawning bosses, and making a war. All because I was at work. People make mistakes, we're fixing them, and then we are going to relaunch. We can't be brought down by DDoS now, and all the bugs have been fixed. Now we are just adding things like Class Change on panel, Clan Nation nation, and then we are going to have something called Clan Wars. The server fell apart while I was at work, had I not been at work it'd be fine. I'm not being naive or stupid, I just don't understand people sometimes. But it all doesn't matter, we messed up, we've fixed everything, and then we'll relaunch. That's all I can really do. All I know, is that the server is stable, we've been slammed with DDoS almost every day, and didn't effect us at all. We'll either come back or the last year will have gone to waste. But we still have people very dedicated to the server because they know it's going to be awesome. I'm not boasting, but I've literally put all my energy into this. So, we'll come back, and if we die we die, but I'm not going out without a fight. This 3rd time around it will be perfect, no more bugs, lots of stuff added, and it's going to be fun. I just hope people give us another chance. I feel like with how much I've talked to everyone we deserve another shot at this. But what happens happens. We'll see.

  7. #607
    God. Moderator Kallop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Above you.
    Posts
    5,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheREALPenguin View Post
    The server hasn't crashed for quite some time now. I'm not trying to be a "bad server owner" or anything. I've poured the past year into this server to make it the best, and then what happens? We had 10-15 on Beta, we couldn't have possibly tested every little thing. There were some bugs, and then, while I was at work, Webber fucks up very badly, and Darky spawns a Felankor which just happens to drop RoF which is a 10% drop rate. My GM's fucked up. Webber has been IP banned. But I mean, I stayed up for 34 hours keeping people updated the first day. We got slammed by 46gbps DDoS. Hardly anyone is going to be able to handle that. But instead of quitting I dished out another 400 dollars to make sure it didn't go down. We messed up, on a couple things. I know this. I admit this. Upgrading was the biggest bug, and why? Literally because we had to put -1 on 1 column for personal weapons. Literally, that's it. But we worked day and night until we figured out that that was why. I mean.. Cross referencing thousands and thousands of numbers, just to be fucked because of 1 little -1. Then someone I told not to do what he did, goes and tries to "help" the server by spawning bosses, and making a war. All because I was at work. People make mistakes, we're fixing them, and then we are going to relaunch. We can't be brought down by DDoS now, and all the bugs have been fixed. Now we are just adding things like Class Change on panel, Clan Nation nation, and then we are going to have something called Clan Wars. The server fell apart while I was at work, had I not been at work it'd be fine. I'm not being naive or stupid, I just don't understand people sometimes. But it all doesn't matter, we messed up, we've fixed everything, and then we'll relaunch. That's all I can really do. All I know, is that the server is stable, we've been slammed with DDoS almost every day, and didn't effect us at all. We'll either come back or the last year will have gone to waste. But we still have people very dedicated to the server because they know it's going to be awesome. I'm not boasting, but I've literally put all my energy into this. So, we'll come back, and if we die we die, but I'm not going out without a fight. This 3rd time around it will be perfect, no more bugs, lots of stuff added, and it's going to be fun. I just hope people give us another chance. I feel like with how much I've talked to everyone we deserve another shot at this. But what happens happens. We'll see.
    To be honest the reason why you lost all the players that actually gave you a chance was nothing else but the pk sucking balls. I heard that after the first day there was no pk at all which is why all of my friends who still played also gave up. I myself just didn't want to burden my clan with the whole ordeal.

  8. #608
    www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheREALPenguin View Post
    The server hasn't crashed for quite some time now. I'm not trying to be a "bad server owner" or anything. I've poured the past year into this server to make it the best, and then what happens? We had 10-15 on Beta, we couldn't have possibly tested every little thing. There were some bugs, and then, while I was at work, Webber fucks up very badly, and Darky spawns a Felankor which just happens to drop RoF which is a 10% drop rate. My GM's fucked up. Webber has been IP banned. But I mean, I stayed up for 34 hours keeping people updated the first day. We got slammed by 46gbps DDoS. Hardly anyone is going to be able to handle that. But instead of quitting I dished out another 400 dollars to make sure it didn't go down. We messed up, on a couple things. I know this. I admit this. Upgrading was the biggest bug, and why? Literally because we had to put -1 on 1 column for personal weapons. Literally, that's it. But we worked day and night until we figured out that that was why. I mean.. Cross referencing thousands and thousands of numbers, just to be fucked because of 1 little -1. Then someone I told not to do what he did, goes and tries to "help" the server by spawning bosses, and making a war. All because I was at work. People make mistakes, we're fixing them, and then we are going to relaunch. We can't be brought down by DDoS now, and all the bugs have been fixed. Now we are just adding things like Class Change on panel, Clan Nation nation, and then we are going to have something called Clan Wars. The server fell apart while I was at work, had I not been at work it'd be fine. I'm not being naive or stupid, I just don't understand people sometimes. But it all doesn't matter, we messed up, we've fixed everything, and then we'll relaunch. That's all I can really do. All I know, is that the server is stable, we've been slammed with DDoS almost every day, and didn't effect us at all. We'll either come back or the last year will have gone to waste. But we still have people very dedicated to the server because they know it's going to be awesome. I'm not boasting, but I've literally put all my energy into this. So, we'll come back, and if we die we die, but I'm not going out without a fight. This 3rd time around it will be perfect, no more bugs, lots of stuff added, and it's going to be fun. I just hope people give us another chance. I feel like with how much I've talked to everyone we deserve another shot at this. But what happens happens. We'll see.
    You can never be sure about these 2.

    I believe, people 've given up 'cause you're saying this is stable, that is stable and at the end, everything's-(excuse me, not everything but some of the stuff you mention) fucked up.

  9. #609
    Senior Member TheREALPenguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    To be honest the reason why you lost all the players that actually gave you a chance was nothing else but the pk sucking balls. I heard that after the first day there was no pk at all which is why all of my friends who still played also gave up. I myself just didn't want to burden my clan with the whole ordeal.
    I know. The reason people weren't pking was because of BiFrost(They were pking in BiFrost), and because +9 acc's were useless. People were still farming. I specifically designed stuff so that people could get gear fairly easily, but one of the biggest issues was that the Soul Zone was a PK zone. However, the PK was awesome until Webber pulled that shit. Then people rage quit, oh and not to mention the RoF that dropped. As I said, we messed up on a few things, but people over reacted honestly. Everyone had a chance at getting that RoF. But things have been fixed, zones have been split, BiFrost mobs are in CZ. We're listening to the people that left about how to fix things. And we've implemented quite a bit of peoples suggestions. But it doesn't make us idiots or bad owners just because of some bugs. I mean shit, look at what Darkflamed has done alone. Most of these item issues were my fault, but I would love to see the guy that puts in LITERALLY over a thousand pieces of gear, and doesn't accidentally, miss a couple numbers. But as said, we're working our asses off getting everything done. All the upgrades are fixed, gear is fixed, everything is fixed. We've had some decent PK, nothing special, but decent, and everyone says it is extremely balanced and truly based on skill.

  10. #610
    Senior Member TheREALPenguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nickos3 View Post
    You can never be sure about these 2.

    I believe, people 've given up 'cause you're saying this is stable, that is stable and at the end, everything's-(excuse me, not everything but some of the stuff you mention) fucked up.
    I am quite sure about the DDoS part, the company we've gone with worked for 6 hours to mitigate and filter these attacks. Check this.

    Destination Start Date End Date Size Rate
    72.20.8.168 Nov 15 06:42:11 PST 2013 Nov 15 06:53:23 PST 2013 36.71 Gbps 3,884,496 pps
    72.20.8.168 Nov 11 10:10:17 PST 2013 Nov 11 10:54:17 PST 2013 26.57 Gbps 2,978,817 pps
    72.20.8.168 Nov 11 04:34:50 PST 2013 Nov 11 04:45:03 PST 2013 7.07 Gbps 743,278 pps
    72.20.8.168 Nov 11 01:53:05 PST 2013 Nov 11 03:05:39 PST 2013 13.38 Gbps 2,229,664 pps
    72.20.8.168 Nov 10 18:40:26 PST 2013 Nov 10 18:51:16 PST 2013 6.39 Gbps 676,541 pps
    72.20.8.168 Nov 10 10:07:39 PST 2013 Nov 10 10:38:03 PST 2013 4.50 Gbps 554,006 pps
    72.20.8.168 Nov 10 09:31:57 PST 2013 Nov 10 09:49:27 PST 2013 2.09 Gbps 199,953 pps
    72.20.8.168 Nov 10 08:18:55 PST 2013 Nov 10 08:32:16 PST 2013 16.31 Gbps 1,709,503 pps
    72.20.8.168 Nov 10 06:29:51 PST 2013 Nov 10 07:44:04 PST 2013 43.46 Gbps 4,490,546 pps
    72.20.8.168 Nov 10 01:58:31 PST 2013 Nov 10 06:11:11 PST 2013 25.15 Gbps 2,858,677 pps
    72.20.8.168 Nov 10 00:40:43 PST 2013 Nov 10 00:52:53 PST 2013 21.33 Gbps 2,911,421 pps



    Still haven't gone down since they filtered it.

    The bugs and stuff, man, it happens. I mean, it was literally just upgrade bugs, and a few items had the wrong stats.

    Idk, I should probably stop defending myself but it's not within me.

  11. #611
    www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheREALPenguin View Post
    I am quite sure about the DDoS part, the company we've gone with worked for 6 hours to mitigate and filter these attacks. Check this.

    Destination Start Date End Date Size Rate
    72.20.8.168 Nov 15 06:42:11 PST 2013 Nov 15 06:53:23 PST 2013 36.71 Gbps 3,884,496 pps
    72.20.8.168 Nov 11 10:10:17 PST 2013 Nov 11 10:54:17 PST 2013 26.57 Gbps 2,978,817 pps
    72.20.8.168 Nov 11 04:34:50 PST 2013 Nov 11 04:45:03 PST 2013 7.07 Gbps 743,278 pps
    72.20.8.168 Nov 11 01:53:05 PST 2013 Nov 11 03:05:39 PST 2013 13.38 Gbps 2,229,664 pps
    72.20.8.168 Nov 10 18:40:26 PST 2013 Nov 10 18:51:16 PST 2013 6.39 Gbps 676,541 pps
    72.20.8.168 Nov 10 10:07:39 PST 2013 Nov 10 10:38:03 PST 2013 4.50 Gbps 554,006 pps
    72.20.8.168 Nov 10 09:31:57 PST 2013 Nov 10 09:49:27 PST 2013 2.09 Gbps 199,953 pps
    72.20.8.168 Nov 10 08:18:55 PST 2013 Nov 10 08:32:16 PST 2013 16.31 Gbps 1,709,503 pps
    72.20.8.168 Nov 10 06:29:51 PST 2013 Nov 10 07:44:04 PST 2013 43.46 Gbps 4,490,546 pps
    72.20.8.168 Nov 10 01:58:31 PST 2013 Nov 10 06:11:11 PST 2013 25.15 Gbps 2,858,677 pps
    72.20.8.168 Nov 10 00:40:43 PST 2013 Nov 10 00:52:53 PST 2013 21.33 Gbps 2,911,421 pps



    Still haven't gone down since they filtered it.

    The bugs and stuff, man, it happens. I mean, it was literally just upgrade bugs, and a few items had the wrong stats.

    Idk, I should probably stop defending myself but it's not within me.
    Didn't say that you're lying or anything. I'm just saying that you cannot be sure if they ever decide to get more attack forces.

  12. #612
    Senior Member TheREALPenguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nickos3 View Post
    Didn't say that you're lying or anything. I'm just saying that you cannot be sure if they ever decide to get more attack forces.
    Oh fair enough. I should have explained more. We are protected for up to 10gbps right? Officially. BUT. When that first attack hit, they immediately rose our cap to 20gbps for free, and then, when they hit us for the 25gbps, that's when intreppid went to work for 6 hours, we stayed up all night talking, their customer service is the best I have ever seen. I highly recommend them if you are going to re-open your server, highly. But, basically, they did such a good job mitigating and filtering things, that none of the attacks after that 25.15gbps attack, have done anything. Not even the 43 or the 36 yesterday.

  13. #613
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    41

    Default

    You've learned something more for sure. Dont take it as a failure but just as learning lesson. You can fail once, twice but not thrice. Life doesnt end here, you can always come back with a better idea, with more experience and more knowledge than before.
    nickos3 likes this.

  14. #614
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrTantrum View Post
    You've learned something more for sure. Dont take it as a failure but just as learning lesson. You can fail once, twice but not thrice. Life doesnt end here, you can always come back with a better idea, with more experience and more knowledge than before.
    Right, so (re-)launching a server for the third time is a guaranteed success. You learn something new every day.
    Really, what you said made sense until you imposed such a magic number on failures. Third time is the charm, I suppose...

  15. #615
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Move that leveling monsters to CZ, at least 30+, add some options like 1k souls = 1 unique instead of farming those bifrost monsters, add exchange souls for 1 fragment of smth, move everything to CZ so there will be a lot of action and u will earn some ppl. It's my own idea, dunno if u will like this one or not. Still gotta give another try to server

LinkBacks (?)

  1. Hits: 9
    11-06-2013, 10:01 PM
  2. Hits: 2
    11-04-2013, 12:38 AM
  3. Hits: 1
    11-03-2013, 04:52 PM
  4. Hits: 11
    11-03-2013, 03:28 PM
  5. Hits: 6
    11-03-2013, 03:18 PM
  6. Hits: 32
    11-03-2013, 03:02 PM
  7. Hits: 3
    10-27-2013, 07:56 PM
  8. Hits: 5
    10-27-2013, 11:20 AM
  9. Hits: 20
    10-23-2013, 11:47 PM
  10. Hits: 7
    10-20-2013, 07:23 AM
  11. Hits: 5
    10-10-2013, 01:38 PM

Similar Threads

  1. NEW BOSS
    By Dr4g0n in forum General Chat
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 08-30-2006, 07:19 AM
  2. I LOVE NEW PATCH IM ONLY ONE ON CZ
    By Private in forum General Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-11-2006, 06:11 PM
  3. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-21-2006, 07:35 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •