Page 1 of 42 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

HellsReapersKO - BETA CLOSED - RELAUNCH ANNOUNCED FOR NOV. 8TH. 100% Stability.

This is a discussion on HellsReapersKO - BETA CLOSED - RELAUNCH ANNOUNCED FOR NOV. 8TH. 100% Stability. within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; ~ HELLSREAPERS ~ Index < - > HellsReapersKO Forum Staff Members Admin/Coder/Graphics: PenguinMaster Admin/Insane Coder: Darkflamed Admin/Money bags: Jiz/Ponzi GMPheonix ...
Page: 1

Default HellsReapersKO - BETA CLOSED - RELAUNCH ANNOUNCED FOR NOV. 8TH. 100% Stability.

Staff Members

Admin/Coder/Graphics: PenguinMaster
    Admin/Insane Coder: Darkflamed
    Admin/Money bags: Jiz/Ponzi
    GMPheonix
    GMDarky
    GMNubcake
    GMWebber

Server Information
    - Version 1.298
    - Level 70 cap
    - +8 Item cap
    - Accessories will drop off bosses at +1 at high rate (65%), no compounding
    - Starting level 1 with full FP +7 and FP = Weapons +7
    - King system(Once a month)
    - Bi-Frost
    - A new way to level that isn't horrible and boring! (Will Elaborate down the post)
    - A new raid with brand new bosses! (Will Elaborate down the post)
    - New bosses that no one else has! (Will Elaborate down the post, and shown in video)
    - PK Stats on panel update EVERY 30 MINUTES. No more waiting for restarts!
    - Key game, vote for us 4 times a day, get a key for each vote, and have a chance at winning good items
    - 19xx Colony Zone
    - All skills working properly
    - Archer combo working
    - New weapons stats created by PenguinMaster that are balanced
    - Farm Armors and Weapons, NOT Accessories. We firmly believe that farming 9 +0’s, is extremely uneeded, and DOES NOT HELP NEW PLAYERS. With our +1’s dropping at such a high rate, you will only need to farm accessories for MAYBE a couple days. We feel with such easy access to accessories, new players will stand a much better chance, then get to go and earn shells/high class weapons, but not get smashed by the big clans
    - Scheduled Wars
    - Scheduled Events
    - BDW - FINISHED

Panel information and tools
    - Everyone can see what everyone is wearing, we feel this is fair.
    - Player rankings updated every 30 minutes
    - A password retrieval system
    - Key game
    - And now for one of the best features Darkflamed has created. Real time, updated every 5 milliseconds, DEATH LOGS. These death logs are real time death logs of every kill happening in any zone. These death logs will display what YOU were wearing at time of death, what your opponent was wearing, how much health each of you had, what your/their stats were at time of death. Where both of you were standing, on which map. 100% correct, 100% of the time, not fakeable, real time Deathlogs. On your personal KOL, you will be able to see Deathlogs for each character. Soon we will have a Kill/Death ratio on each character profile as well. This is an amazing feature we know you will all love, no more “I wasn’t wearing a Iron Necklace, that’s why you beat me”, you can go, and see EXACTLY what they were wearing when they killed you, or you killed them. Here are some screen shots.

Anvil Rates
    +1 -> +2 = 100%
    +2 -> +3 = 100%
    +3 -> +4 = 100%
    +4 -> +5 = 100%
    +5 -> +6 = 75%
    +6 -> +7 = 50%
    +7 -> +8 = 15%

With Trina
    +5 -> +6 = 95%
    +6 -> +7 = 70%
    +7 -> +8 = 35%

New leveling system; Soul Collecting!
    - To level in our server, you will go to the Soul Collector Zone! Here you will farm mobs whose souls have been left in this place. The harder they get, the more evil the souls were in the land of the living. The soul areas are level restricted, as are the souls. However these souls are tradeable! Got a new friend coming to the server and some extra souls? Give them to him. Farm souls for new clannies, etc. With a party it should not take more than a few hours to level to level 70.

BOSSMODE RAID
    - This new idea is sparked by all the new bosses I have been able to convert(That no one else has!)
    - This raid will be very hard, but will drop the best items in game! We have new weapons, stats personally edited and balanced by PenguinMaster and tested by players. Armor that you may have seen in 1 or 2 other servers, but also stats edited by PenguinMaster to make them balanced for level 70.
    - This zone is the underworld, where you will start off fighting Hawkeye, an archer with a chilly blast in his bow.
    - You will then run through rows of towers along a bridge, starting off with fire arrow towers, moving on to lightning towers, then Ice towers that slam you with Ice Nova’s and other slowing Frost attacks. The next set of towers are poison towers that do AoE DoT damage
    - You will then come upon Izlude, a boss that attacks with a ferocious bite from her 4 snake heads, and with a poison AoE that won’t let you escape
    - After Izlude you will come to Trogdor, THE BURNINATOR! A dragon who guards his master with the utmost pride slamming you and your friends with a massive fire AoE
    - After all of this, you will teleport to Kronix. Kronix is the most feared Demon there has ever been, far more so than Lucifer himself. A massive flying demon on a huge platform. Killing him will cleanse the world, or, at least until Lucifer releases him back upon it
    - This will not be an easy task, and I expect and hope that this will have people bringing new people into their clans, and get people searching for new clans, everyone helping out one another, for a great community of players

BOSSMODE THE EVENT
    - The Bossmode event will be a smaller, easier version of the raid. This event will open 4 times a week, 3 times a day to help everyone in all time zones
    - In this event players will go in, and there will be the old bosses in the new bosses areas, and in the middle will be the new bosses, but much easier.
    - The smaller Hawkeye, Izlude, Trogdor and Kronix will drop chests, that you will turn in to try to gamble for one of the new weapons! This is so that everyone can have a chance, not just big clans that can go and raid. They will also drop Dragon Flights/Mythrils/Juraid weapons, etc..
    - The smaller bosses will spawn much faster

The new CZ
    - As some of you know in the new CZ there are platforms! On these platforms will be 8 new bosses that you’ve never seen in the private KO world. These 8 bosses will drop 6 pieces of a pentagram, and the Dragon Stone. You will turn in this pentagram to teleport your party into Bossmode the raid. And the Dragon Stone to get to Felankors cave. The teleporters are after Ultima in BiFrost.

- You will farm High Class weapons(shards, raptors, etc..) by farming Reapers on each end of CZ behind Karus base and behind Elmo base.
    - Felankors teleports are also located at either end of Colony Zone.
    - Towers are working properly
    - Hells Reapers Monument in bowl
    - 1 smaller monument located in each base

Darkland
    - Darkland is where you will farm shells! Lillime’s and the other mobs, instead of being very hard, they will drop shells, and chests that you will turn in for a chance at Juraid acc’s at +1, and other high class weapons/shells.

OPEN BETA STARTS OCTOBER 15TH. UNTIL THEN ALL DOWNLOAD LINKS ARE REMOVED.

DONATE DURING BETA AND GET 10% MORE ON OFFICIAL!

Last edited by TheREALPenguin; 11-03-2013 at 06:37 PM.

BORDER DEFENSE WAR COMPLETED!

No monument capturing?

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    No monument capturing?
    What's the point?

BETA KEY ??? İm No registered bro.. ..

Quote Originally Posted by QuaLityDamage View Post
    BETA KEY ??? İm No registered bro.. ..

Beta keys were for Closed Beta. Open beta registration and download will open on the Morning of October 14, Pacific Standard Time.

okey bro thanx.

Banned Senior Member

Beta keys for a PSKO.. boy oh boy. How new.

Quote Originally Posted by ReesesPieces View Post
    Beta keys for a PSKO.. boy oh boy. How new.
    As said, it was just for closed beta so we could control who came on for CLOSED, beta.

Registration OPEN. Beta keys removed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheREALPenguin View Post
    What's the point?
    Actually, you raise an interesting point. Cutting corners for simplicity may actually be fine in this case, as long as the base monument stats are raised to counter it. Game would be too short, otherwise. Especially if you got a bunch of rogues on one team (if the logic's the same as official, and it'll dish out remaining parties from leftovers).

I guess that without it, it just stood out to me as incomplete (especially after you were all "COMPLETE!"). But... it may still work. Nevermind

Actually, you raise an interesting point. Cutting corners for simplicity may actually be fine in this case, as long as the base monument stats are raised to counter it. Game would be too short, otherwise. Especially if you got a bunch of rogues on one team (if the logic's the same as official, and it'll dish out remaining parties from leftovers).

I guess that without it, it just stood out to me as incomplete (especially after you were all "COMPLETE!"). But... it may still work. Nevermind
    Well, you also raise an interesting point. However Darkflamed has written the algorithm to split everyone into teams of 2 priests, 1 mage, 3 Warriors and 2 Rogues, if it can't make a party with that order at the end, it won't tele the rest that are left over, wouldn't make much sense to have a bunch of Priests in a party now would it haha. The towers are well built, it won't be a quick game. I guess you are right though, let me rephrase, "As complete as it can be". Although honestly, and this is just personally, I think it would have been more fun in the actual KO to have had it done in this sort of fashion where you are protecting your monument, instead of having to try to capture the one in the middle. That is my personal opinion though. Even more so though, it is 1298 we're working with here. IF it could be done, I'm sure Dark could figure it out, but it would just be wasting time on more lines of code when we have a lot more to do such as Kill/Death ratios, and plenty of other stuff coming up.

Well, you also raise an interesting point. However Darkflamed has written the algorithm to split everyone into teams of 2 priests, 1 mage, 3 Warriors and 2 Rogues, if it can't make a party with that order at the end, it won't tele the rest that are left over, wouldn't make much sense to have a bunch of Priests in a party now would it haha.
    That's interesting. The official logic splits it 2/2/2/2 and just assigns the leftover to remainder parties (until no complete parties can be made). No love for the mages? :P

Although honestly, and this is just personally, I think it would have been more fun in the actual KO to have had it done in this sort of fashion where you are protecting your monument, instead of having to try to capture the one in the middle. That is my personal opinion though.
    Actually, thinking about it, official's been through so many iterations over the event it's not funny. I'm not even sure what they do currently, at one point I believe it worked such that there was the initial center monument (attackable by all at the start), 2 base monuments (which aren't able to be attacked until the center monument's captured), with a victory being classed as either the base monument being destroyed, or center monument being currently held (though it might also make sense for it to count the time it was held, and go by who held it longest. Regardless, it probably wouldn't be clear without a UI indicating such... rambling!).

Right now I wonder if they even have base monuments anymore? I *think* it just goes by points (number of kills), or monument held (for a certain time). Unsure if the monument being captured contributes to the score... but regardless, that would mean the base monuments are useless in this iteration.

Ugh, official. Make up your mind...

I suppose with that in mind there really is very little difference.

Even more so though, it is 1298 we're working with here. IF it could be done, I'm sure Dark could figure it out, but it would just be wasting time on more lines of code when we have a lot more to do such as Kill/Death ratios, and plenty of other stuff coming up.
    It can be, via tweaking the nation on death. When it respawns the new info's sent to the client, and thus captured. This is how they used to do it until they introduced proper capturing. (Edit: Killing of the monument, I mean. The nation is still toggled.)
    At this point, I also take this time to tweak the name to indicate such, though in your case you could just as well change the model to your base monument models and it'd be obvious enough.

Regarding the KDR, that should only be a quick job. You should already have death logs being inserted to the database (by the looks of it, anyway), which means the heavy lifting's done. Just have a proc to insert it instead, and update the kill/death counts for each player involved. KDR can be either be calculated on-the-fly, or at this stage too if you'd prefer.
    Last edited by twostars; 10-09-2013 at 10:10 PM.

That's interesting. The official logic splits it 2/2/2/2 and just assigns the leftover to remainder parties (until no complete parties can be made). No love for the mages? :P

Actually, thinking about it, official's been through so many iterations over the event it's not funny. I'm not even sure what they do currently, at one point I believe it worked such that there was the initial center monument (attackable by all at the start), 2 base monuments (which aren't able to be attacked until the center monument's captured), with a victory being classed as either the base monument being destroyed, or center monument being currently held (though it might also make sense for it to count the time it was held, and go by who held it longest. Regardless, it probably wouldn't be clear without a UI indicating such... rambling!).

Right now I wonder if they even have base monuments anymore? I *think* it just goes by points (number of kills), or monument held (for a certain time). Unsure if the monument being captured contributes to the score... but regardless, that would mean the base monuments are useless in this iteration.

Ugh, official. Make up your mind...

I suppose with that in mind there really is very little difference.

It can be, via tweaking the nation on death. When it respawns the new info's sent to the client, and thus captured. This is how they used to do it until they introduced proper capturing.
    At this point, I also take this time to tweak the name to indicate such, though in your case you could just as well change the model to your base monument models and it'd be obvious enough.

Regarding the KDR, that should only be a quick job. You should already have death logs being inserted to the database (by the looks of it, anyway), which means the heavy lifting's done. Just have a proc to insert it instead, and update the kill/death counts for each player involved. KDR can be either be calculated on-the-fly, or at this stage too if you'd prefer.
    That's interesting actually, when I had Dark code this he just did it as I explained it to him, I didn't even initially think of having the switch off like that. I may or may not just have him implement it that way.

I know K/D will be easy for him haha, I guess I did make that sound like it was going to be hard for him, which it isn't. Apparently I'm bad at finding the right words to explain things, I just meant Dark has an entire list of things to do, and since BDW is working as we wanted it too initially, he's moving on to try to finish all of these before beta. The K/D was just an example.

This server will be trully awesome, they are working so hard and there's so many cool features. The deathlogs are working properly,BDW, bossmode, war maps are all working just fine, the lvl and farming system is really nice and smooth, can't wait to start playing!!

There's also some insane items, how badass is this set:

Page 1 of 42 1234511 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 2
    09-25-2022, 12:16 AM
  2. Hits: 9
    11-06-2013, 10:01 PM
  3. Hits: 2
    11-04-2013, 12:38 AM
  4. Hits: 1
    11-03-2013, 04:52 PM
  5. Hits: 11