Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 380
Like Tree70Likes

HellsReapersKO OFFICIAL RELEASE: 10/04/2015

This is a discussion on HellsReapersKO OFFICIAL RELEASE: 10/04/2015 within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by Sephiroth Just a quick question no pun intended, what happened to your post over at snoxd about ...
Page: 2


  1. #16
    Senior Member TheREALPenguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Just a quick question no pun intended, what happened to your post over at snoxd about having recoded the max / maya plugin and recreating new unique weapons and items?
    You mean like this?


    And this?



    All things in moderation. We weren't gonna be putting WoW weapons into a KO game, that was just for funsies. We've added a few new weapons that look great in KO, people won't notice them much but they match our other hellish weapons perfectly.
    Also, had to model the wings, couldn't just take them and make them work how they were :P.



    We realize not a lot of people like change in KO, so everything in moderation. However I personally have been working on redesigning how it looks, not for HRKO, maybe in the future with something else.

    I recently started testing some battle priest build for myself. It still is a work in progress. I will play this server so can i continue testing here as a bp ? seeing there is no helish.


    Of course you can, AND there IS Hellish for BP's. Its stats are edited for BP's and has different looks(That's the purple gear on the Orc BP in the pictures).
    Last edited by TheREALPenguin; 03-10-2015 at 11:01 AM.

  2. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    839

    Default

    thats awesome look forward to seeing some new armors and such similar to WoW in another project, would probably make people in the KO scene really turn an eye i played a lot with the plugins but they were just to difficult to work with especially when it only imported the model, gl with the server anyway

  3. #18
    Senior Member TheREALPenguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    thats awesome look forward to seeing some new armors and such similar to WoW in another project, would probably make people in the KO scene really turn an eye i played a lot with the plugins but they were just to difficult to work with especially when it only imported the model, gl with the server anyway
    New armors would be awesome. I am getting better and better with modeling as I go along, armor is quite the step up from just modeling a simple weapon, but I'm working to get to that level so hopefully in the future. My goal is to completely redesign character models and such and the game almost entirely aside from the most important part, mechanics. The PK in KO is just unmatched to me which is why I always return to it. So if I could just redesign it? But have the exact same mechanics? Well, not even for money, I think that would just be awesome!

    But thanks Seph , good luck on your server as well mate

  4. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheREALPenguin View Post
    New armors would be awesome. I am getting better and better with modeling as I go along, armor is quite the step up from just modeling a simple weapon, but I'm working to get to that level so hopefully in the future. My goal is to completely redesign character models and such and the game almost entirely aside from the most important part, mechanics. The PK in KO is just unmatched to me which is why I always return to it. So if I could just redesign it? But have the exact same mechanics? Well, not even for money, I think that would just be awesome!

    But thanks Seph , good luck on your server as well mate
    Guild Wars 2 in KO ha

  5. #20
    Senior Member TheREALPenguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Guild Wars 2 in KO ha
    Now that would be something!


    Update: Beta date removed for now, we're discussing the date tonight.

  6. #21
    God. Moderator Kallop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Above you.
    Posts
    5,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dogamon View Post
    I recently started testing some battle priest build for myself. It still is a work in progress. I will play this server so can i continue testing here as a bp ? seeing there is no helish.
    BP works as long as people have low HP, you can tank at least 2 people (any class) and you can do big damage in a short amount of time. So if everybody has 5-6k hp then it probably won't work unless you hit 1k+ with malice/torment. And if sins especially have really high HP then you're going to have a bad time.

  7. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Israel,Dont Like It? Dont Share It!
    Posts
    1,353

    Default

    question penguin, is it like a pk server? like there is allmost no farm(after 1 week get bored and quit)

  8. #23
    Senior Member TheREALPenguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    BP works as long as people have low HP, you can tank at least 2 people (any class) and you can do big damage in a short amount of time. So if everybody has 5-6k hp then it probably won't work unless you hit 1k+ with malice/torment. And if sins especially have really high HP then you're going to have a bad time.
    People have around 5k ish HP. But we've got everything balanced very nicely. BP's may need a little buff on their Judgement, but I'll be doing that today, just a slight boost. BP's will stand a very good chance here with that slight boost. There's always room for tweaking, and we can't know for sure until beta, but with the PK we've had so far in Alpha and such, everything seemed very balanced. Stun rates were perfect, rogue combo was perfect, Warriors stand a very good chance against the most skilled Sin. PK is going to be quick, but fun. It's gonna take some serious thought and serious teamwork but the best will come out on top no matter the class.

    question penguin, is it like a pk server? like there is allmost no farm(after 1 week get bored and quit)


    We have plenty of farming on the server! Plenty of stuff to do outside of PK we just didn't want guilds hogging Accessories. You will farm Shells, Valkyrie, Weapons, and the Hellish Armor takes a quest that will take even the best players a couple of weeks to get. You'll have to farm a full set of Valkyrie, then you'll have to collect a Scroll from the generals inside each Nation base inside CZ, you'll have to farm 300 Soul Shards(PK Stones) and then you will have to aquire a Gem from the Captains in an invasion. You'll turn all that in for a Hellish set of gear. After that, it's weapons and then of course we'll have National Point Store, Soul Shard store. Boss events(Bossmode, scheduled, not GM set), scheduled events. And of course we plan on expansion every few months or so though the details of expansion aren't hammered out 100% yet so I did not mention that in the post.

    We will constantly be working on new ideas for expansion, new events(We already have some AWESOME events that we're working on as ideas, details will be given on that soon).

    We're not just banking on an awesome PK experience if that's what you're asking , there is plenty to do outside of PK ^_^

    Edit: And actually, we had to make all the Hellish gear just be given at +8 or else there would have been far too much farming and would have died out. I think we've found a good balance. Especially with 90% of the farming done in CZ. You've got the BiFrost Mobs in CZ, Silvery Gems dropping in CZ, Shells and high Class weapons from CZ. So you can mix and match gear, as well as be fighting for the gear you need. Of course, we have Super Shells in Moradon for when some clans get too big. New players can farm those and be able to enter CZ no problem. Farming Shells and stuff is still the better idea, but it's a good in between.
    NoOneCanStopMe likes this.

  9. #24
    SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,373

    Default

    I still have your old client I was skimming some dxts can I borrow this armor set skins? If you know it by head do you remember which is exact range of all the Item folder files for this armor sets for all classes and both nations? If not just give me example how this armor icon looks like and I will find my way from there. THAT is if you allow me to use the skins ofc
    It's really pain to keep checking all the skins and testing ingame through dxts :P

    Cheers.

  10. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    839

    Default

    oops didnt read your reply sheldon

  11. #26
    Senior Member TheREALPenguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SheldonCooper View Post
    I still have your old client I was skimming some dxts can I borrow this armor set skins? If you know it by head do you remember which is exact range of all the Item folder files for this armor sets for all classes and both nations? If not just give me example how this armor icon looks like and I will find my way from there. THAT is if you allow me to use the skins ofc
    It's really pain to keep checking all the skins and testing ingame through dxts :P

    Cheers.
    The new skins I made for that armor are not in our old client, and with respect of course, you'll have to wait till our new client comes out to pull them. I'm extremely busy with all the new FX. Pulling the entire FX table from USKO, row by row, column by column. I may kill myself this day.

  12. #27
    Polak Extraordinaire Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheREALPenguin View Post
    The new skins I made for that armor are not in our old client, and with respect of course, you'll have to wait till our new client comes out to pull them. I'm extremely busy with all the new FX. Pulling the entire FX table from USKO, row by row, column by column. I may kill myself this day.
    rip, at least release all ur files before u die pls

  13. #28
    Senior Member TheREALPenguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SkyHunter View Post
    rip, at least release all ur files before u die pls
    HA +10 mate. +10. I won't kill myself, but I'll at least bash my head a bit.

  14. #29
    SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheREALPenguin View Post
    The new skins I made for that armor are not in our old client, and with respect of course, you'll have to wait till our new client comes out to pull them. I'm extremely busy with all the new FX. Pulling the entire FX table from USKO, row by row, column by column. I may kill myself this day.
    It's fine, thanks anyway Gonna work on black valkies I guess meanwhile they still look quite nicely for my taste, there's already some black valks on snoxd but only for male karus, gonna PS some dxts I guess by that sample to match all of em.

    Keep up the good work ! Good job also on the wings part, all tho I'm not fond of wings it's nice to see how you made them work with the shoulder slot and different styles along with it.

  15. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    146

    Default

    i want to be part of this server as soon as it comes out!
    Manhattan likes this.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

  1. Hits: 3
    04-09-2015, 01:30 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •