Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

††† HellsReapersKO ††† OFFICIAL RELEASE: 10/04/2015

This is a discussion on ††† HellsReapersKO ††† OFFICIAL RELEASE: 10/04/2015 within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; - Newest Options' Features: In order to match every taste we have added a new feature to our Options.exe where ...
Page: 5

- Newest Options' Features:

In order to match every taste we have added a new feature to our Options.exe where you can select any User Interface (UI) that you'd like by simply selecting it on the dropdown menu that darkflamed created:

He was also able to increase the default USKO visibility range:

That and much more is comming for you to check it out on this Saturday.
    Last edited by Manhattan; 03-17-2015 at 08:33 PM.

It seems everybody in our clan is pumped about the server and it does indeed look very nice. Although, there has been some concern about server stability and population. Just gonna point out that a fun to play server doesn't necessary need a lot of features, but instead stability and some overall good elements. Although I do agree that having some farming elements while keeping the server relatively PvP based is a good thing to have, but I would give up multiple features over good DDoS protection.

It kind of feels like you're spending more time working with features than actual server security and the stability issue your last launch had. I would love to know how you are planning to counter the massive DDoS that is expected to land on launch date?

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    It seems everybody in our clan is pumped about the server and it does indeed look very nice. Although, there has been some concern about server stability and population. Just gonna point out that a fun to play server doesn't necessary need a lot of features, but instead stability and some overall good elements. Although I do agree that having some farming elements while keeping the server relatively PvP based is a good thing to have, but I would give up multiple features over good DDoS protection.

It kind of feels like you're spending more time working with features than actual server security and the stability issue your last launch had. I would love to know how you are planning to counter the massive DDoS that is expected to land on launch date?
    Well we're not really giving up one for the other, it's not like we're paying for any of these features, darkflamed is just a very good ACTUAL coder. We haven't paid for any of our features so. It's just fun things he likes to do in his spare time.

As for DDoS protection, there's only a couple things you can really do. Now we've found what we believe to be a very good dedi host. Their base gbps blocking is extremely high, and we have personally talked to them and told them look, here is what is going to happen, we're expecting at least up to about 80gbps attacks on opening day, are you going to be able to handle that and will you mitigate that if it happens to get through your own defenses, they said they will work until it is completely mitigated. We've read reviews on them, lots of reviews, and they are very quick about this kind of thing. I'm not going to put the base gbps protection on the chat board just to be a little safer, but it is very high. The average attack is around 50gbps that are taking these servers down, the server hosts show that they are being hit by more in an attempt to sell bigger protection(Some companies, not all). So when you see like, 80-90gbps attacks on these servers, well, while not impossible, that would require a botnet of unimaginable numbers. Last time we were with Intrepid and it took them a day or so for the DDoS to get mitigated fully. But by then, our upgrade bug and we didn't clear the stupid cash shop from characters like complete retards, we were just so excited we didn't do a proper wipe. But all of our in game security is done, and we are waiting to purchase the dedi until the day before beta. Then we'll be up all night with the host if DDoS does manage to take us down. So we are expecting it, and if it happens, we'll be up until it's stopped. After that, it should stay stopped. That is literally all you can do for this kind of thing, is put your money where it needs to be. We believe very strongly that that is what we're doing.

Let us forget what happened last time. We rushed it. That has not happened this time at all, it's actually been extended by about 2 months from what we originally planned, we actually switched almost the entire system up about 2 months ago(Thanks Manhattan >_>). Not our PvP system, but the added stuff. We're ready, we are almost completely ready this time, beta will tell what else we have to fix, but we have gone though everything with a fine tipped brush(As much as we possibly could). We really aren't expecting to have much to fix during beta, but there is always that "just in case". Now we just put our money where we've researched to be best(And in EU), and now we can just rely on them. If they don't stop it in the first day(IF it brings us down), then we'll move to another ASAP. But we have faith.

As for population, well, beta probably isn't going to get very full though we hope we get at least enough for some good PK and to test a couple other things like boss strength. As for official, today we're buying a pinned on all the other turkish forums, we've posted on Bloodzone and once people play beta we're sure the word will get spread. Not a lot of people have replied here, BUT, I got HAMMERED on skype AND on our facebook with messages, I forgot I had half the population of ko4life on my skype list haha.

Banned Senior Member

Server looks cool, best of luck to you guys, you've worked on that shit for awhile now.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan View Post
    - Newest Options' Features:

In order to match every taste we have added a new feature to our Options.exe where you can select any User Interface (UI) that you'd like by simply selecting it on the dropdown menu that darkflamed created:

He was also able to increase the default USKO visibility range:

That and much more is comming for you to check it out on this Saturday.

Its like modding skyrim

Quote Originally Posted by Dogamon View Post
    Its like modding skyrim
    Lol wait until I redo all the textures. THEN it will be like that :P

UPDATE: We've been working on encrypting the USKO FX. Just gone that done. Working on the last few things in game! Then we finish the forums and panel.
    Dogamon likes this.

Banned Member

I love that interface option because having to click and drag your items into your inventory was the gayest thing since Liberace.
    RoFD for teh win!!!

SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheREALPenguin View Post
    Well we're not really giving up one for the other, it's not like we're paying for any of these features, darkflamed is just a very good ACTUAL coder. We haven't paid for any of our features so. It's just fun things he likes to do in his spare time.

As for DDoS protection, there's only a couple things you can really do. Now we've found what we believe to be a very good dedi host. Their base gbps blocking is extremely high, and we have personally talked to them and told them look, here is what is going to happen, we're expecting at least up to about 80gbps attacks on opening day, are you going to be able to handle that and will you mitigate that if it happens to get through your own defenses, they said they will work until it is completely mitigated. We've read reviews on them, lots of reviews, and they are very quick about this kind of thing. I'm not going to put the base gbps protection on the chat board just to be a little safer, but it is very high. The average attack is around 50gbps that are taking these servers down, the server hosts show that they are being hit by more in an attempt to sell bigger protection(Some companies, not all). So when you see like, 80-90gbps attacks on these servers, well, while not impossible, that would require a botnet of unimaginable numbers. Last time we were with Intrepid and it took them a day or so for the DDoS to get mitigated fully. But by then, our upgrade bug and we didn't clear the stupid cash shop from characters like complete retards, we were just so excited we didn't do a proper wipe. But all of our in game security is done, and we are waiting to purchase the dedi until the day before beta. Then we'll be up all night with the host if DDoS does manage to take us down. So we are expecting it, and if it happens, we'll be up until it's stopped. After that, it should stay stopped. That is literally all you can do for this kind of thing, is put your money where it needs to be. We believe very strongly that that is what we're doing.

Let us forget what happened last time. We rushed it. That has not happened this time at all, it's actually been extended by about 2 months from what we originally planned, we actually switched almost the entire system up about 2 months ago(Thanks Manhattan >_>). Not our PvP system, but the added stuff. We're ready, we are almost completely ready this time, beta will tell what else we have to fix, but we have gone though everything with a fine tipped brush(As much as we possibly could). We really aren't expecting to have much to fix during beta, but there is always that "just in case". Now we just put our money where we've researched to be best(And in EU), and now we can just rely on them. If they don't stop it in the first day(IF it brings us down), then we'll move to another ASAP. But we have faith.

As for population, well, beta probably isn't going to get very full though we hope we get at least enough for some good PK and to test a couple other things like boss strength. As for official, today we're buying a pinned on all the other turkish forums, we've posted on Bloodzone and once people play beta we're sure the word will get spread. Not a lot of people have replied here, BUT, I got HAMMERED on skype AND on our facebook with messages, I forgot I had half the population of ko4life on my skype list haha.
    Make sure the company you are taking dedicated server at, will have permanent mitigation option. Because if it will start mitigating only when the the attack starts. If it's gonna be strong botnet or several botnets, your server is gonna crash none the less because the response time will be to slow from their part. So ask them if it's permanent, if it's not permanent, don't bother with them. Personally I don't know of any other dedi company that can offer really good (for KO game anti ddos - which i tested with not a single crash and constant 24/7 ddos for first week) then OVH. But the choice is yours, I am simply stating you my experiences with servers. And I'm talking about permanent mitigation because I used to didn't have permanent mitigation enabled at same company and server was lagging like a whore and several times on strong attacks simply crashed even thos it was "anti ddos protected".

Just letting you know from first hand

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by SheldonCooper View Post
    Make sure the company you are taking dedicated server at, will have permanent mitigation option. Because if it will start mitigating only when the the attack starts. If it's gonna be strong botnet or several botnets, your server is gonna crash none the less because the response time will be to slow from their part. So ask them if it's permanent, if it's not permanent, don't bother with them. Personally I don't know of any other dedi company that can offer really good (for KO game anti ddos - which i tested with not a single crash and constant 24/7 ddos for first week) then OVH. But the choice is yours, I am simply stating you my experiences with servers. And I'm talking about permanent mitigation because I used to didn't have permanent mitigation enabled at same company and server was lagging like a whore and several times on strong attacks simply crashed even thos it was "anti ddos protected".

Just letting you know from first hand

Cheers.
    I ended up not choosing OVH because of the expected packet delays and the fact that they are known for null routing servers that receive "Too much" DDOS attacks, and also for the fact that they usually don't have their DDOS routing servers hosted in the same region as the physical server you are hosted on. The reason why that is important is because this adds an extra layer of packet delays, which in a normal server might not seem like much but when you are sending and receiving thousands of packet at a time with a busy server packet delays can make PVP seem really laggy. The server I am hosting on does have permanent mitigation and I am also not limited on the amount or size of attacks directed at my server so worrying about null routing wouldn't be an issue. Not only this but the other company we went with is located in a good region that is central to a lot of our customer base.

We appreciate the concern and advice though

I'm well aware that you can never fully protect your server (especially if the attacks aren't directed to the server IP but..) from DDoS, but I just wanted a confirmation that you actually intend to do something rather than just jump in unprepared.

Banned Member

Who is the main orchestrator behind all these DDoS attacks I'm always hearing about..
    I don't wanna be racist but if in the back of my mind, I'm always assuming a group of Turkish kids. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Riven View Post
    Who is the main orchestrator behind all these DDoS attacks I'm always hearing about..
    I don't wanna be racist but if in the back of my mind, I'm always assuming a group of Turkish kids. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Normally it's other server Admins Who cannot handle competition.
    West likes this.

I'm not really glad i can say this but DDoS is becoming bigger - cheaper by the minute.
    It's tremendously easy to use; anybody can afford it; anybody can do it.
    If you have deep enough pockets you can make sure the competition will stay offline for as long as you wish,
    so as the HellReapers staff pointed out^ before,if someone wants to keep you down he will be able to until he runs out of cash.

Back in the day when I started playing private servers DDoS was almost unheard of. People mostly DDoSed from their personal computers or then they used exploits to crash servers, but they didn't have bot nets and shit. It became incredibly popular and somehow bot nets became easily obtainable in a really short time span and pretty much anywhere you go online these days you'll bump into DDoS at some point. The saddest part is when people act like l33th4x0rs after flooding some school's home page down lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    Back in the day when I started playing private servers DDoS was almost unheard of. People mostly DDoSed from their personal computers or then they used exploits to crash servers, but they didn't have bot nets and shit. It became incredibly popular and somehow bot nets became easily obtainable in a really short time span and pretty much anywhere you go online these days you'll bump into DDoS at some point. The saddest part is when people act like l33th4x0rs after flooding some school's home page down lol.
    Nerds everywhere -.- I can barely use Facebook idk how people can use ddos and bots..

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 3
    04-09-2015, 01:30 AM