Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NoOneCanStopMe

Im about to start building a new 1298 community server, all ideas welcomed.

This is a discussion on Im about to start building a new 1298 community server, all ideas welcomed. within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Well im sick to death of all of these myko servers, hard farm, hard exp or in general bad administration ...
Page: 1

Default Im about to start building a new 1298 community server, all ideas welcomed.

Well im sick to death of all of these myko servers, hard farm, hard exp or in general bad administration teams, so im going to put together a 70 cap server similar to Knight Imperia (i had a lot of fun there) just a few points id like to make, feel free to post a few ideas, it will be a community based server so im interested in everyone's opinion's, it will be a 1298 server that's a fact so lets not go off topic with rebirth etc, but lets make it fun.

- free 1500, 200, attack scrolls (People shouldnt have to pay money for the basic scrolls, after all it is a server im creating for fun.)
    - exp will be around 8x USKO, i will add premium to the PUS but only to keep the server alive. (bronze premium only most probably, all these points can be changed depending on the community.)
    - farm, this is one of the hardest aspects of a server, id go for medium farm, people can farm and make money but at the same time, people dont need to spend hours and hours gaining items to have fun.
    - the starting level cap in my personal opinion would be 62, and slowly rise up to 70 cap.
    - Mon Summon scrolls will not be in the PUS, they are for servers who are purely out to get money and money alone.
    - everyone will have starter gear.

(all of these can change depending on what you guys want.)

I Remember the days when i used to camp hours on boss's such as Atilla, it was for me, really enjoyable, but some people dont have a lot of time to play so possibly changing the spawn times of bosses to a lower amount would suffice so people who play for fun can compete with the hard core players.

I want you guys to have fun and i know your all waiting for a good server, i have some spare time and im willing to put it into making a fun server for you guys to play on, but i need all of you to suggest stuff so i can make it possibly.

thanks for reading, its appreciated.

PS. this is not, one of these 2 month server and another one will come out, ill keep the server online for as long as the community play it.

www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    PS. this is not, one of these 2 month server and another one will come out, ill keep the server online for as long as the community play it.
    Question: will you keep the server online as long as there are ppl playing on it or as long as there are enough donations to renew the host too ?

ill keep it going as long as there are people playing on it

Banned Senior Member

And another topic of the exact same thing. "GETTING THOSE FRESH IDEAS".

Quote Originally Posted by ReesesPieces View Post
    And another topic of the exact same thing. "GETTING THOSE FRESH IDEAS".

It's not about getting fresh idea's, its about getting older idea's people want and to get the community a bit more involved in my server, as far as i've seen most server's have failed due to the fact there money hungry, i mean come on, who really want's to spend $40 on a private server when there playing for fun, 1500 scrolls for example most server's have in there PUS, people should be spending money because they want to, not because they have to, one of the reasons i don't play usko is because 1500, 200 ac and attack scrolls cost a lot of money, hence the reason i've put this topic together.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    It's not about getting fresh idea's, its about getting older idea's people want and to get the community a bit more involved in my server, as far as i've seen most server's have failed due to the fact there money hungry, i mean come on, who really want's to spend $40 on a private server when there playing for fun, 1500 scrolls for example most server's have in there PUS, people should be spending money because they want to, not because they have to, one of the reasons i don't play usko is because 1500, 200 ac and attack scrolls cost a lot of money, hence the reason i've put this topic together.
    your idea is good, all tho is'nt gonna work. everyone is missing the old times but you will never (and by you i mean everyone) cant bring the old times with 100-120 people max english community. if the turkish comunnity will not come the server will die.
    by getting the scrolls on pus isnt so much true. i saw only few and it was turkish servers that selling scrolls on pus and thase kinds of servers are failed badly.
    as i said, you idea is awsome but its not work without the turkish community and they not gonna come to 70 cap "old ko", thase days every turkish are going to 19/18xx servers.
    if you will launch the server you will get 150 max players(even higher) but in time to time people will quit since they wont be "the best" and will go to another server and after a month the server will failed.
    everyone missing the old times but everyone will have to be used to the new time with the 19/18xx servers with full turkish players and sadly even the english community going to thase servers.

all what i am saying is that no one can't bring the old times only cus there is'nt enough english players in this community. everyone quitted and i dont think they will come back.

I'm going to explain something to you. It doesn't matter what kind of a server you open,all that matters is the advertisement and the attraction of turks since well
    i can assure you that this server will not make it,Nickos made a wonderful server with as it seems a lot of hard work put into it and it barely hit 150 online (He also advertised),
    what i'm trying to say is that making it look to basic won't work at all,nowdays you really have to DO something special to attract people.

The ONLY way people will ever play one server solid, is if it was an exact emulator, running the same shit that the real game used including servers/protection etc.

was 100% reliable, and no corruption - however, after a whle you might see some legal action for it.

It wont ever happen, but would be good, but costly.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroH View Post
    I'm going to explain something to you. It doesn't matter what kind of a server you open,all that matters is the advertisement and the attraction of turks since well
    i can assure you that this server will not make it,Nickos made a wonderful server with as it seems a lot of hard work put into it and it barely hit 150 online (He also advertised),
    what i'm trying to say is that making it look to basic won't work at all,nowdays you really have to DO something special to attract people.
    The server had plenty of players but they left because in the end it was the very basic 70 cap MyKO server. I don't know why people keep trying to make 70 cap popular again :l

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    The server had plenty of players but they left because in the end it was the very basic 70 cap MyKO server. I don't know why people keep trying to make 70 cap popular again :l
    because they are missing the old times, most of the server owners want to bring back the old times, but it will never happend again only because of the community
    SheldonCooper likes this.

www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    Most of the time there's active PK with the most people coming from poland, peru and turkey.
    We're not looking into making any server's type popular. We just make sure that people who likes this server type, to have fun without bugs or lag.

So far so good.

dont release it, osko is about to release

RealNiggaRollCall Senior Member

when is osko going to release?

thanks for the replies, much appreciated, i fully understand people don't want a farm server, so ill have a think and start working on something, as for Vulcano, osko's new server, Mers isn't no where near finished yet on the 19xx project and i dont think there in any rush, just advertising to make sure they reach maximum player count.

1298 for lifeee but thats just me others may be bored of it i never will be