Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

A message to the community

This is a discussion on A message to the community within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; A message to the community... We all loose our cool from time to time, flame each other from time to ...
Page: 1

Default A message to the community

A message to the community...

We all loose our cool from time to time, flame each other from time to time, and things of the sort -- I mean shit, we are only human right? But at the end of the day, we all come to do one thing - and that's KO. Everyone has their own reasons for playing, some are similar to others some are not; some play to get away from the real world, kill time, ect, some don't -- but we are still here for KO.

With that being said,

WHY..

• Is it so hard to support other servers even if you do not plan on playing them or do not like the owner?
    • Do some of you attack/hack servers
    • Talk shit about server owners who spend ALOT of hours out of their life to make a server for you to play on

WHY?

Soon enough, there will be no more KO Private servers, and if there is - it will be one or two which everyone will get tired of playing, and it will be all over. I don't know if anyone remembers why private servers started in the first place -- but I do, and it was primarily to get away from turks (not all, but the plague that ruined USKO) and of course hackers. Now, not only do we have both on private servers; but we also have people trying to take the servers down.

If you hate private servers that much, why not go back to USKO and..

LEAVE US THE FUCK ALONE

Just a message.
    -Vince

From the beginning Senior Member EG4L's Avatar

The main reason for people hacking eachother is personal hatred and jealousy of others earning money (kc etc). Then they try to steal the players (customers in their eyes) for their own benefit.

But ya, theres more to life than going around annoying hundreds of people. Some people need to grow up.

Impressive speech.

U seem mad, are u mad bro ?

Mad? Not at all, just a bit disappointed.

the people taking the time to hack/exploit other servers are the same people making servers. i admit that now there is a much larger community who is learning about these things then there was 5 years ago.

but truely who has anything to gain from hacking servers. the only people who gain is the server who is not hacked and thus sells more premiums. i think for years the developers/ hosters have been fighting against one another everyone wants to make that big break and make alot of money from their server. how else can you draw a large community to your server except to ruin someone elses community and hope to draw them.

i feel that very few of these communities were built to last. they were built to exploit the hardcore players who want the extra boost when the server opens and they buy a premium and less then a month later the server is down.

i think some guys doing this have underestimated the amount of money it will take to have a server . i think others didnt realize the problems they would encounter. i think the few people who did this for fun or for others to enjoy got pushed out of the community by greedy people.

for years i have seen the same names on many different forums. the same people are back stabbing eachother in devolpment forums. all hoping that there server will be the one big server and will make them a large windfall of money.

no one really wants to put up a stable server that will be there for more then a few months because truely they dont want the work of maintaining and hosting and developing new things for there server they just want quick money.

im playing on a private server for another game. a much older game, and the server has been online for 3 + years. never down never under attack. there is no income to the hoster except what players donate to him. he does this not because he wants to make a lot of money but because he truely loves the game and community. he is running the server out of his own pocket.

99% of the people in the ko community want to make money. greed has hit us all as we remember just how much people were willing to fork over for ko. until this changes and it wont. the community will not grow

Quote Originally Posted by Vincents View Post
    Mad? Not at all, just a bit disappointed.
    Money is what motivates people to hack other servers. Thats my guess, i doubt they do it for the fun or simply because they can. They most likely do it to keep people away from spending money when they could be spending it on their product.

Wouldnt it be funny if it was K2 ddosing all the privates ? Not trying to pick up an argument with anyone here. But if it was K2 or Mgame, or whatever piece of shit ratty ass company runs USKO now a days, would it be justified ? I mean privates are "illegal" as far as i know (could be mistaken).

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Money is what motivates people to hack other servers. Thats my guess, i doubt they do it for the fun or simply because they can. They most likely do it to keep people away from spending money when they could be spending it on their product.

Wouldnt it be funny if it was K2 ddosing all the privates ? Not trying to pick up an argument with anyone here. But if it was K2 or Mgame, or whatever piece of shit ratty ass company runs USKO now a days, would it be justified ? I mean privates are "illegal" as far as i know (could be mistaken).
    Do they (k2 or whatever) also attack turkish private servers ?
    Because in some turkish forums they seems to be very stable for some... and they have a huge amouth of players.

It's because ur black

Quote Originally Posted by johny View Post
    It's because ur black
    shut nigga

Work it, make it, do it. Senior Member ThiefShaman's Avatar

funny how things works out, we ran from myko to usko due to the lags, we ran from usko to private servers cause of the turks, but in the end we all miss myko and build similar private servers..
    i just wish i would stay there..but i guess im like the whole community here - a server jumper..

KO is one big buggy and annoying game to play on, thats why most of the community here are bunch of angry ppl who flame everything, thats not cause ppl are natrually evil, it's becoz of KO beeing fuked up for so long which made everyone think every server gunna fail like the 500 last server..

it's sad but, KO wont be up for long. thats my guess..

Quote Originally Posted by johny View Post
    It's because ur black
    DUCKS
    10chr...

what's wrong with turks? I bet majority of good players did not quit USKO to get rid of turks, it was because KOXP will never be fixed and all the new content they brought in after ROFD is shite, turks = population and free np, why hating bros

wtf is juice? Senior Member trytankme's Avatar

sooner ppl stop making private servers the better, put all the people that play private servers into one server and that server would be amazing hint hint ndko ^_^_^_^__^_^_^___^

wtf is juice? Senior Member trytankme's Avatar

main reason i want to play private servers is coz i wanna play ko like it use to be, got nothing to do with turks. id rather one or two packed private servers over 50 servers with the whole population of ppl who play them spread out in each so thats why i say the sooner people stop making them the better, best leave it to people who know how to make them rather then 12 year olds who get an idea and think there server will be the shit! hehehe

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast