Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Inspire KO - MYKO

This is a discussion on Inspire KO - MYKO within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Iamcoolz has returned from vacation. He is going to restart all over and this time hopefully fix the security issues ...
Page: 6

Iamcoolz has returned from vacation.

He is going to restart all over and this time hopefully fix the security issues that occurred.

He said they were apparently bruteforced by a botnet over and over again until finally they gained access.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Livewire! View Post
    Iamcoolz has returned from vacation.

He is going to restart all over and this time hopefully fix the security issues that occurred.

He said they were apparently bruteforced by a botnet over and over again until finally they gained access.
    How do you expect to stop that? you cant stop a brute force unless you have some kind of real time app that will only allow you to fail the pw 3 or 4 times than block the ip possibly, or the more common solution change your pw every few hours or every day, and make a impossible password. lol there may be other ways but not that your capable of.

Depending on your hoster you should be able to make your dedi where it only allows certain ips to connect, if im not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    How do you expect to stop that? you cant stop a brute force unless you have some kind of real time app that will only allow you to fail the pw 3 or 4 times than block the ip possibly, or the more common solution change your pw every few hours or every day, and make a impossible password. lol there may be other ways but not that your capable of.

Depending on your hoster you should be able to make your dedi where it only allows certain ips to connect, if im not mistaken.
    It'd take years for a decent password to be bruteforced, as for example my old server's password was 50 characters in lenght with unicode symbols. It is nearly impossible to bruteforce such a password, anyway there is a solution;

I didn't read the older posts but if they got hacked because of RDP being bruteforced, RDP has a feature to prevent it. Just allow incoming connections from trustable sources (e.g ip ranges) and allow only 5 wrong password to be entered, otherwise ban the IP for xx hours. You can also change RDP port to be safer.

All I know,

Is that they added a new security measure so.

Quote Originally Posted by Aristona View Post
    It'd take years for a decent password to be bruteforced, as for example my old server's password was 50 characters in lenght with unicode symbols. It is nearly impossible to bruteforce such a password, anyway there is a solution;

I didn't read the older posts but if they got hacked because of RDP being bruteforced, RDP has a feature to prevent it. Just allow incoming connections from trustable sources (e.g ip ranges) and allow only 5 wrong password to be entered, otherwise ban the IP for xx hours. You can also change RDP port to be safer.
    Why 5 ? 3 is enough,if someone is retarded enough to type the password wrong 5 times,he doesnt even deserve to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Decerto View Post
    Why 5 ? 3 is enough,if someone is retarded enough to type the password wrong 5 times,he doesnt even deserve to play.
    hah lol

it's true ;Ddd

He posted a new topic about what is going on at the moment.

Board Message

He posted a new topic about what is going on at the moment.

Board Message
    you already lost your credibility oh wait! you already lost it several times before getting server hacked over and over

i am sure nobody will try your server now

G_G

Quote Originally Posted by WomanizeR View Post
    you already lost your credibility oh wait! you already lost it several times before getting server hacked over and over

i am sure nobody will try your server now

G_G
    From Iamcoolz:

Strange how you seem to post on here about how every server will get hacked, you call yourself a Womanizer but yet you browse the internet quite a bit and you tend to just flame every server you reply on.

From Iamcoolz:

Strange how you seem to post on here about how every server will get hacked, you call yourself a Womanizer but yet you browse the internet quite a bit and you tend to just flame every server you reply on.
    chill bra

i just flame server with brainless admins to like learn dev stuff while they play with players tıme, you proved yourself you are not capable to manage a priwate serwer so what?

i am just saying that i won't reccomend this serwer to anıone because admins are so skılled to deal against hacking stuff xD

Arıstona is a thief but at least knows how to deal against hacking and attacks

G_G

chill bra

i just flame server with brainless admins to like learn dev stuff while they play with players tıme, you proved yourself you are not capable to manage a priwate serwer so what?

i am just saying that i won't reccomend this serwer to anıone because admins are so skılled to deal against hacking stuff xD

Arıstona is a thief but at least knows how to deal against hacking and attacks

G_G
    From Iamcoolz:

Hmm. You're basically saying that Aristona could easily defend himself against a bunch of botnets? I highly doubt that.

From Iamcoolz:

Hmm. You're basically saying that Aristona could easily defend himself against a bunch of botnets? I highly doubt that.
    you know we are not talking here about botnets, ım basıcallı talkıng about hacked servers and that is not your strenght from what i see in like 6 fail servers you released before with same result

and please stop talkıng on second person, looks prettı dısturbed O.o

G_G

you know we are not talking here about botnets, ım basıcallı talkıng about hacked servers and that is not your strenght from what i see in like 6 fail servers you released before with same result

G_G
    Botnets and hacked servers are pretty related to eachother if you ask me.

G_G
    yes bro ym ys turk and ym lyke to flame everyone, nigga you really need to get a life every post you make on this forum is talking shit, when you dont know how to do anything and you probably sit at home in your moms basement hoping that one day you'll have enough friends to go outside and actually do something with your life

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy™ View Post
    yes bro ym ys turk and ym lyke to flame everyone, nigga you really need to get a life every post you make on this forum is talking shit, when you dont know how to do anything and you probably sit at home in your moms basement hoping that one day you'll have enough friends to go outside and actually do something with your life
    answer you here is just feed more the troll you have ınsıde yourself.

If you lıke to get fu**ed everytime bı thıs serwer go ahead, your ass ıs ınvited

G_G

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast