Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Knight Imperia, a farm server.

This is a discussion on Knight Imperia, a farm server. within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by Sect0r KI is a good server but i dont like the babashop but the pk still good.. ...
Page: 18

Quote Originally Posted by Sect0r View Post
    KI is a good server but i dont like the babashop but the pk still good.. and aristona u did smth wrong more ppl have IN as i checked..
    Thank you Sector. We are glad you like our server.

Our script traces user inventories for Iron Necklace and shows the results. I didn't trace inn hostess, so maybe 1-2 players took their Iron Necklaces to their inventory or moved them to secondary character during this time.

Can you tell me who else has IN?

Sect0r

nvm i thought 2 more pll had in cause before 2 days i checked em but now they are naked lol maybe they quited or smth..

Sect0r

Quote Originally Posted by Anibal View Post
    Ok , as sad before the so called "Babashopers" are buying only boss summon scrolls / trinas / blue chests .
    Stack of 20 boss scrolls are 220m at Merchant in this moment ( negotiatable)
    Trina is 350m at Merchant in this moment (negotiatable)
    Every drop from Blue chest sells for 120-200m ( exept HB wich is 550m )

I dont see how Babashopers make any difference at all since from 1 day farm i can buy anything that a Babashoper can .

As Aristona sad , if you are not active enough to help yourself you shoud try and enter the big clans , i dont see any clan with 36 people so there is plenty of room .
    There are clans that are helping alot when you start . My clan for example helped me greatly when i started without never knowing me before .

Gogo TheKliffs.
    i heard aristona was selling items with usd from another guy who know him

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

This is towards Aristona.

Seeing as KOevolution and KO4ever failed, this is the only KE style server that is populated. Yes I would love to join it, and even though I'm forcing myself to hit level 70 and get the shells +7/weapon +7, I don't have the enjoyment of logging knowing that people are ridiculously over geared, especially when a person like me is coming clan-less, which is even harder to go by.

Yes I know your daily population reaches a bit less then 200, which is pretty stable for a server, but then again when I logged, I saw 50 people merchanting, another 20 sitting in EMC, and so on. No I can't judge how it is pk wise, since I haven't pked yet, but the online population doesn't mean much if half the server is afk. So I'm not even sure if you want to do this, but all I'm asking is create a poll for the current players and ask them if they want a wipe,...simply because at this point the daily population will only reduce (as I've told you, most people don't have the enjoyment starting off on a geared server), and since it already is the best KE style private server, I'm pretty sure most of the people currently playing will be back again, along with hundreds of more players that were awaiting all this time for a top KE style server with an actual population, which would contribute even more to the daily average population.

To be honest, when this server came out I, like many other people, did not join because you developed it. And what I mean by that is that, for the people that were following these forums knew that you would join ko4life and that ko4life itself would be opened within a month of your server's release. Now that people know that there is no ko4life, here is a chance to dramatically increase your population.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post

Seeing as KOevolution and KO4ever failed, this is the only KE style server that is populated. Yes I would love to join it, and even though I'm forcing myself to hit level 70 and get the shells +7/weapon +7, I don't have the enjoyment of logging knowing that people are ridiculously over geared, especially when a person like me is coming clan-less, which is even harder to go by.

Yes I know your daily population reaches a bit less then 200, which is pretty stable for a server, but then again when I logged, I saw 50 people merchanting, another 20 sitting in EMC, and so on. No I can't judge how it is pk wise, since I haven't pked yet, but the online population doesn't mean much if half the server is afk. So I'm not even sure if you want to do this, but all I'm asking is create a poll for the current players and ask them if they want a wipe,...simply because at this point the daily population will only reduce (as I've told you, most people don't have the enjoyment starting off on a geared server), and since it already is the best KE style private server, I'm pretty sure most of the people currently playing will be back again, along with hundreds of more players that were awaiting all this time for a top KE style server with an actual population, which would contribute even more to the daily average population.

To be honest, when this server came out I, like many other people, did not join because you developed it. And what I mean by that is that, for the people that were following these forums knew that you would join ko4life and that ko4life itself would be opened within a month of your server's release. Now that people know that there is no ko4life, here is a chance to dramatically increase your population.
    I am sorry to say this , dont take it personaly as a flame , but you are starting in allmoust every private server and 2 weeks after you are not happy about something and after making several topics in the forums you leave that server and put some presure on others to wipe his players with the ilusion that "hundreds" of people are waiting for this to happend .
    There are different time zones so the "Afk" people are active in some way . Go logg Ares there are so many "afk" people merchanting , and sitting afk in EMC/Lufer , wipe Ares .

I bet if there is wipe right now , 2-3 mouths after another guy like you will say the same thing that you say now . So what then ?

Well, actually we don't want to take quick decisions. If enough people wants to play in KI, we may release a secondary server, where you can play with new players, and we can merge both servers in the future, or continue with it depending on the active users & community requests. Once we discuss this with our current players, I may make a new topic where we can advertise our secondary server. It's just an idea since too many players are asking for a wipe lately, but we will not be wiping KI completely. I will discuss this with current KI players.

The idea in my mind is, the second server will be a practise server for the new players where they can kill bosses without fighting with other clans, get csw to earn money etc. For sure should be getting at least 200+ online if we decide to make a secondary server. PK will be great in the both servers and it will be amazing when both servers gets merged.

Still, it's not a confirmed thing. We will look into every details and possibility and take decisions depending on them.

Also, I am not sure if our staff can handle both servers. Our support is better than other servers and secondary server would double our work. It's a pretty risky thing and we don't want to fail like others, or make our current players feel ignored.

MinuteMaid

The PK will be dead (if it isn't already) and you'll be bound to wipe...
    A loss of players won't happen and you'll probably see an increase in activity....

When a private server reached it's highest point and goes downhill you can do 2 things, either quit or wipe to start over. And with this server since it's been up so long I'm sure everyone is bored and hardly PKs anymore (Kind of like Knight-empire project back in the day). Except they waited too long and got killed by loss of players.

Best is too wipe when the members are still looking at your server lol... So yea rushing isn't nessicairy a bad thing.

vhf

Well i'm pretty sure if the server got wiped people would have 2x or 3x the fun they have right now. However people that spent their money in the PUS and the top players that worked their asses for 3 months to get themselves geared without wasting 1$ would probably quit the server as they'd see their efforts go down the drain.
    Have some patience, in a week or 2 you'll probably be ready to gank pk. Ofc you won't be able to 1v1 any top player but you can have way more fun in this server then in most of the other ones, even if you are undergeared.

vhf u play KI? if.. whats ur ign?

vhf

Ye.. I play KI and guess what.. My ign is.. vhf!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anibal View Post
    I am sorry to say this , dont take it personaly as a flame , but you are starting in allmoust every private server and 2 weeks after you are not happy about something and after making several topics in the forums you leave that server and put some presure on others to wipe his players with the ilusion that "hundreds" of people are waiting for this to happend .
    There are different time zones so the "Afk" people are active in some way . Go logg Ares there are so many "afk" people merchanting , and sitting afk in EMC/Lufer , wipe Ares .

I bet if there is wipe right now , 2-3 mouths after another guy like you will say the same thing that you say now . So what then ?
    Don't worry, I'm not taking it as a flame. Since the start of the year, I've only played 5 private servers. Tried MaxKO, pretty impessive with the population, don't like the lvl 83 cap at all, and most of all it was down like 24/7, so it simply died. LifeKO, amazing server, played it for 2 weeks, stopped cause the average population is 50 players online. KOevolution, started off nicely with an average of 100 players, quit it a day after as the owner himself gave up on the server. KO4ever, it's in beta and has 5 users online, pretty nice eh? And finally tried KI, got to level 56, and have no motivation of logging knowing that it will take me weeks to get 70 along with farm my armors/weapons.

So there you go. My explanation on the 5 servers that I've played from January. As you can see, every server I've quit has it's own flaw... in a way, fourtanetly KI has everything that a player wants, but unfourtanetly it's a overgeared and an old server...

As for you Ares comment. You can't compare USKO to a private server. USKO keeps releasing new servers to satisfy the 'new comers' that find it unfair to start on a geared out server and is still pretty populated. If a private server is wanting to not die off, it needs to do the same... not open a new server, but to restart (wipe) once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Aristona View Post
    Well, actually we don't want to take quick decisions. If enough people wants to play in KI, we may release a secondary server, where you can play with new players, and we can merge both servers in the future, or continue with it depending on the active users & community requests. Once we discuss this with our current players, I may make a new topic where we can advertise our secondary server. It's just an idea since too many players are asking for a wipe lately, but we will not be wiping KI completely. I will discuss this with current KI players.

The idea in my mind is, the second server will be a practise server for the new players where they can kill bosses without fighting with other clans, get csw to earn money etc. For sure should be getting at least 200+ online if we decide to make a secondary server. PK will be great in the both servers and it will be amazing when both servers gets merged.

Still, it's not a confirmed thing. We will look into every details and possibility and take decisions depending on them.

Also, I am not sure if our staff can handle both servers. Our support is better than other servers and secondary server would double our work. It's a pretty risky thing and we don't want to fail like others, or make our current players feel ignored.
    I'm sorry but I don't think that's a good idea at all. I mean sure you want to make it possible for the new comers to have a fair fight against others, but you are still putting them (merging) with players on the first server that have like 10x more the NP, and for a guy like me, even though I'm not competitive in the game as much anymore, I still do care about that aspect of the gaming, rank-wise. More importantly, as the 2nd server develops, more and more people are going to quit your first server (be realistic, your daily average can only go down on your first server). With that said, it would be a much better idea to wipe the server, and then you will have the population that planned to go to the 2nd server, along with MOST of the population that was on the 1st server, whether that would mean 90% or 75%, it's still a much significant population then having separate servers which would cause a much significant decrease. I don't know if I explained that clearly, but hopefully you see what I'm trying to get at.

I'm sorry but I don't think that's a good idea at all. I mean sure you want to make it possible for the new comers to have a fair fight against others, but you are still putting them (merging) with players on the first server that have like 10x more the NP, and for a guy like me, even though I'm not competitive in the game as much anymore, I still do care about that aspect of the gaming, rank-wise. More importantly, as the 2nd server develops, more and more people are going to quit your first server (be realistic, your daily average can only go down on your first server). With that said, it would be a much better idea to wipe the server, and then you will have the population that planned to go to the 2nd server, along with MOST of the population that was on the 1st server, whether that would mean 90% or 75%, it's still a much significant population then having separate servers which would cause a much significant decrease. I don't know if I explained that clearly, but hopefully you see what I'm trying to get at.
    We had 420 online at the start, it got decreased to 200. It is still more than most of the private servers around, so there is no way we can wipe it like this.

I talked with the clan leaders and asistants in KI. Most of them accepted a secondary server. They accept the possible risk of low online amount for a month, and during this time they will help us to grow our community, so, everyone is up for a secondary server. Quitting players in first server was a risk, but seems like everyone is going to stay. For sure there will be top clans in the secondary server, and it will increase the competition even more.

tHeUnBeAtAbLe, I understand your point but we wiped Knight Imperia twice in the past due to lack of advertisements & low user amount. The amount of players who actually played the game was lower. For sure in the first week it will be crowded because of new server hoppers, but in the end you have the risk of losing your loyal players.

There were too many players who wanted to play in KI but it was too late for them. Basicly, it's a chance where they can play and have fun like a new server, and practise themself for the first server. You may spend a month in gearing yourself but you will see it will worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aristona View Post
    We had 420 online at the start, it got decreased to 200. It is still more than most of the private servers around, so there is no way we can wipe it like this.

I talked with the clan leaders and asistants in KI. Most of them accepted a secondary server. They accept the possible risk of low online amount for a month, and during this time they will help us to grow our community, so, everyone is up for a secondary server. Quitting players in first server was a risk, but seems like everyone is going to stay. For sure there will be top clans in the secondary server, and it will increase the competition even more.

tHeUnBeAtAbLe, I understand your point but we wiped Knight Imperia twice in the past due to lack of advertisements & low user amount. The amount of players who actually played the game was lower. For sure in the first week it will be crowded because of new server hoppers, but in the end you have the risk of losing your loyal players.

There were too many players who wanted to play in KI but it was too late for them. Basicly, it's a chance where they can play and have fun like a new server, and practise themself for the first server. You may spend a month in gearing yourself but you will see it will worth it.
    It's true there are server hoppers, waiting for a new server to start, but there are mostly those people who are desperate to find one server that would satisfy them. We all know that the bigger population of the KO community prefer the KE style, and seeing as KI is the only KE style server that is actually populated (not having less then 50 people like all others), you have to take that as an advantage. As I said, there are tons of people that have waited for ko4life to come out, and most didn't want to even bother coming to your server in the meantime as they said it should be really soon, but now that we see that ko4life is canceled, we seek a server that has the highest population KE style, which is this.

Even if you do start the 2nd server, you will probably get that big population from the start, and I will for sure start on it as well. But the moment the servers are merged, I assure you there will be a huge drop in players, as I wouldn't even want that to happen for many reasons. Either way, the longer you keep 2 servers seperated, the faster the population dies off, or the faster you merge them, the more directly will the population decrease... so either way, this is why I said it's not a good idea.

All in all, you are the owner, and it's your decision. As you said, you don't have the staff to run 2 servers, + it will be much more expensive for you. The best idea and advice I can give you, is make a poll now asking your current community whether they do want the wipe or not. Afterwards, depending on what % of the people voted YES, and what your desired % was, you can decide whether to wipe it or not. From my point of view, if 75%+ do want it, I don't see why you should hesitate into thinking it over, and even with a 50%+ that's still quite significant.

It's true there are server hoppers, waiting for a new server to start, but there are mostly those people who are desperate to find one server that would satisfy them. We all know that the bigger population of the KO community prefer the KE style, and seeing as KI is the only KE style server that is actually populated (not having less then 50 people like all others), you have to take that as an advantage. As I said, there are tons of people that have waited for ko4life to come out, and most didn't want to even bother coming to your server in the meantime as they said it should be really soon, but now that we see that ko4life is canceled, we seek a server that has the highest population KE style, which is this.

Even if you do start the 2nd server, you will probably get that big population from the start, and I will for sure start on it as well. But the moment the servers are merged, I assure you there will be a huge drop in players, as I wouldn't even want that to happen for many reasons. Either way, the longer you keep 2 servers seperated, the faster the population dies off, or the faster you merge them, the more directly will the population decrease... so either way, this is why I said it's not a good idea.

All in all, you are the owner, and it's your decision. As you said, you don't have the staff to run 2 servers, + it will be much more expensive for you. The best idea and advice I can give you, is make a poll now asking your current community whether they do want the wipe or not. Afterwards, depending on what % of the people voted YES, and what your desired % was, you can decide whether to wipe it or not. From my point of view, if 75%+ do want it, I don't see why you should hesitate into thinking it over, and even with a 50%+ that's still quite significant.
    I understand your point but wiping is not so easy. People believed & trusted us, donated their money to keep the server alive, I cannot pop up and tell them that we are thinking about a wipe. Even a discussion about wipe will make players to lose their faith in KI. They will be thinking "Is there a wipe coming soon?" while playing. Also, the donators will ask for their donations or a compensation in new server. I cannot restore their cash points in the new server, because they will get a big advantage over other players.

Actually, I believe you worry about geared characters too much. Most of them barely logs in. It's like the party with a good team player rules the colony zone. I am saying this with all my honestly, once you get a party of level 70 players with shells +7, +12/14 accessories and a weapon +7, you will have fun PKing, especially during wars if you are skilled. You can raid exp spots, DM's, etc. There are lots of things to do. It's a server that worths your time.

I don't think there will be an user loss when we merge both servers. There are like 7-8 top clans in KI right now which are leading. Some more decent clans from ko4life and other servers/forum would increase the competition even more and give everyone more playing will.

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 2
    06-29-2013, 06:33 PM
  2. Hits: 1
    05-01-2012, 07:40 PM
  3. Hits: 2
    05-29-2010, 08:54 AM
  4. Hits: 4
    05-27-2010, 10:01 AM
  5. Hits: 4
    05-27-2010, 09:24 AM
  6. Hits: 2