Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Knight Imperia, a farm server.

This is a discussion on Knight Imperia, a farm server. within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by vhf Ye.. I play KI and guess what.. My ign is.. vhf!!! ok cool m8... and about ...
Page: 19

Quote Originally Posted by vhf View Post
    Ye.. I play KI and guess what.. My ign is.. vhf!!!
    ok cool m8...

and about u nik and aristona.. dun u have smth better to do then writing essays about some arguments? :P

ur guys forgetting smth.. in KI its not the GG players that are helpin out with users online.. its the noobie ones... alot of GG quited long ago

not to boast but ME!

vhf

necton, whats ur ign?

Create a 2nd server with 2-3moths recreations maybe?

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aristona View Post
    I understand your point but wiping is not so easy. People believed & trusted us, donated their money to keep the server alive, I cannot pop up and tell them that we are thinking about a wipe. Even a discussion about wipe will make players to lose their faith in KI. They will be thinking "Is there a wipe coming soon?" while playing. Also, the donators will ask for their donations or a compensation in new server. I cannot restore their cash points in the new server, because they will get a big advantage over other players.

Actually, I believe you worry about geared characters too much. Most of them barely logs in. It's like the party with a good team player rules the colony zone. I am saying this with all my honestly, once you get a party of level 70 players with shells +7, +12/14 accessories and a weapon +7, you will have fun PKing, especially during wars if you are skilled. You can raid exp spots, DM's, etc. There are lots of things to do. It's a server that worths your time.

I don't think there will be an user loss when we merge both servers. There are like 7-8 top clans in KI right now which are leading. Some more decent clans from ko4life and other servers/forum would increase the competition even more and give everyone more playing will.
    The KC could always be compensated. LSKO was a much bigger private server 2 years ago with like an average population of about 400-500 players, and yet people purchased KC in beta, and were compensated once the official started. As for having an advantage, no they won't. Why? Because everyone else has the chance to purchase KC as well, so it is kind of a fair deal.

Either way, if you are really towards making a 2nd server, I am like pretty damn sure that it will become a disaster when the servers merge, but in a way if you want to prevent that, I suggest reducing the 1st servers NP by a multiple, meaning either 2x, 3x, 4x or whatever, in order to actually keep competition. So what I mean by that is, if the top player on the 2nd server has 100k np, while the top player on 1st server has 500np, then you should reduced the 1st servers NP by 5x, that way it would sort of mean an even start for everyone and pk would be quite good hopefully.

And if you really do plan on the 2nd server, hopefully it's really soon, as the summer is just around the corner, and you know what that means. This way if you start it soon at least you'll get the players addicted on time.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    The KC could always be compensated. LSKO was a much bigger private server 2 years ago with like an average population of about 400-500 players, and yet people purchased KC in beta, and were compensated once the official started. As for having an advantage, no they won't. Why? Because everyone else has the chance to purchase KC as well, so it is kind of a fair deal.

Either way, if you are really towards making a 2nd server, I am like pretty damn sure that it will become a disaster when the servers merge, but in a way if you want to prevent that, I suggest reducing the 1st servers NP by a multiple, meaning either 2x, 3x, 4x or whatever, in order to actually keep competition. So what I mean by that is, if the top player on the 2nd server has 100k np, while the top player on 1st server has 500np, then you should reduced the 1st servers NP by 5x, that way it would sort of mean an even start for everyone and pk would be quite good hopefully.

And if you really do plan on the 2nd server, hopefully it's really soon, as the summer is just around the corner, and you know what that means. This way if you start it soon at least you'll get the players addicted on time.
    Adjusting nps is something we will be doing. Nps doesn't mean much since the server is auto-G2.

About the server release date, I cannot give an eta right now. I made a new topic in this section, waiting it to be approved. I will check how many players are interested on playing a server which will be merged, and depending on the results, we can release the server within a week. It gives us enough time to advertise it and configure things.

For sure, if the server becomes too good to be merged (By saying this I am referring for more than 300+ online) we will not merge it. It will be a different server.

If you will make second server ur population from 1st server will drop and only guys with gg gear will stay and the 1st server will die in very short time and the 2 nd server will be the main server = it have no logical point to do that

Its better if u will wipe the server and lets say 100 ppl from your 200 playing ppl that are playing nowdays will come to the wiped server + a LOT of players that was waiting for ko4life and the ppl that dont wanna start your server becaus its too old
    I am pretty damn sure it will have population around 400 players maybe more wich is 2x more then now 2x more money then now for PUS

anyway do whatever you want its your server

sorry for my english hope you got it

Banned

Yea i must say, if i see some old server where people have loads and loads of np, then that realy dosent call to play.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverEver View Post
    If you will make second server ur population from 1st server will drop and only guys with gg gear will stay and the 1st server will die in very short time and the 2 nd server will be the main server = it have no logical point to do that

Its better if u will wipe the server and lets say 100 ppl from your 200 playing ppl that are playing nowdays will come to the wiped server + a LOT of players that was waiting for ko4life and the ppl that dont wanna start your server becaus its too old
    I am pretty damn sure it will have population around 400 players maybe more wich is 2x more then now 2x more money then now for PUS

anyway do whatever you want its your server

sorry for my english hope you got it
    I know about it. The server 1 may die if the server 2 becomes too good. We are looking into every possible details and I can assure you that, we will not be killing server 1 by making a mistake.

I am not sure but we reached 400+ once. It may happen again. I believe KI proved itself to KO community with it's quality so 400+ online won't be suprising on our releases.

We can get more donations but to be honest, I didn't even check our PayPal since we bought the automated Power Up Store. I am a cheap guy, I don't care about the money much.

MrFunkz

You can't just keep the server going and going and going, your going to need too wipe eventually. It's part of the game, nearly unavoidable.

lol I guess some people like the easy way and not the competition.
    If is true that wiping the server will bring more players then do it. I dont care about my gear. I reached top1 without iron set :P

I know about it. The server 1 may die if the server 2 becomes too good. We are looking into every possible details and I can assure you that, we will not be killing server 1 by making a mistake.

I am not sure but we reached 400+ once. It may happen again. I believe KI proved itself to KO community with it's quality so 400+ online won't be suprising on our releases.

We can get more donations but to be honest, I didn't even check our PayPal since we bought the automated Power Up Store. I am a cheap guy, I don't care about the money much.
    This is what I told you. It's a big change you are taking there, and from either side that you look at it, it seems like that the idea will fail of making a 2nd server instead of wiping it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFunkz View Post
    You can't just keep the server going and going and going, your going to need too wipe eventually. It's part of the game, nearly unavoidable.
    100% true.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFunkz View Post
    The server is still going with more than 200 online. Even if we would wipe the server, that's pretty non-logical to wipe a server which is already running perfectly.

Instead of wiping the server completely, we came up with another solution. It's a good chance to play in a private server with actually 200+ online in both servers. Once everyone is geared, you can compete with the clans in first server. PK isn't about items only, yet not many people are geared. %80 of top clans are gearless and all of their items doesn't even worth an IN.

Start the server, make your gear, make a clan of skilled players and you will rule the server. If you face one geared player, you will face 50 non-geared players in the Colony Zone.

@SinSexy; Yes, you were top 1 without Iron set. For sure a wipe would definitely bring more players to this server, but I am simply not going to wipe the server because people spent their months on this server, and if they do not want a wipe, I won't wipe.

The server is still going with more than 200 online. Even if we would wipe the server, that's pretty non-logical to wipe a server which is already running perfectly.

Instead of wiping the server completely, we came up with another solution. It's a good chance to play in a private server with actually 200+ online in both servers. Once everyone is geared, you can compete with the clans in first server. PK isn't about items only, yet not many people are geared. %80 of top clans are gearless and all of their items doesn't even worth an IN.

Start the server, make your gear, make a clan of skilled players and you will rule the server. If you face one geared player, you will face 50 non-geared players in the Colony Zone.

@SinSexy; Yes, you were top 1 without Iron set. For sure a wipe would definitely bring more players to this server, but I am simply not going to wipe the server because people spent their months on this server, and if they do not want a wipe, I won't wipe.
    I follow these forums all the time and have been in search of a good private server for quite some time. I've followed KI's population and it has just gone down hill. At the start of May it has been an average of 250 players at one time, and now the max it reached was 190 and that was over the weekend, when it's usually the time that people have to play the game. All in all, it's decreasing fast.

As for the bolded part, I wish that it was that easy, but people usually tend to do the opposite, meaning that that statement that is bolded is an owner's dream to come true, but it never will. I believe that it is not an option, and a real one must yet to be decided shortly.

I agree. I like democracy so that's cool for me. To be honest I agree with some of those guys. It gets really boring when nobody wants to fight you or anything like that. That's one of the reasons I dont play that much and just my sharer does. A new start would be fun. If you reopen a new server I'm quite sure I will make a SinSexy there :P

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 2
    06-29-2013, 06:33 PM
  2. Hits: 1
    05-01-2012, 07:40 PM
  3. Hits: 2
    05-29-2010, 08:54 AM
  4. Hits: 4
    05-27-2010, 10:01 AM
  5. Hits: 4
    05-27-2010, 09:24 AM
  6. Hits: 2