Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 46
Like Tree5Likes

Knight Online World Europe - Coming Soon! www.knightonlineworld.eu

This is a discussion on Knight Online World Europe - Coming Soon! www.knightonlineworld.eu within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by MySexualIntention Can't wait till this picks up, gets 50 pages, 1,000 users and then it goes down ...
Page: 3


  1. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MySexualIntention View Post
    Can't wait till this picks up, gets 50 pages, 1,000 users and then it goes down because the owner gets "unexpected" problems or RL shit or insecure files or whatever.

    Honestly, stahp while you can people.
    Then you really should get outside and work on your life, if you have nothing really that contributes to the server in a good or negative way, that helps with the server instead of posting a completely useless reply which im sure you've posted in every server that you've enjoyed playing until its died then dont bother replying at all, your post count means nothing, to anyone.

    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    I don't understand why the old maps and old login are being advertised as if they were anything special at all... If I recall correctly, the first private servers were all using those files, so what's the big deal this time? What makes you different from all the other deceased private servers?

    The grinding? Or is it the exp quests?
    because as to date, no one has bothered actually putting any effort into there server, all they've done is edit a background, changed a few rates, where as we have really put the effort in editing the UI which takes quite a bit of time converting it into the 1299 client, also yea your right breth and piana maps have been used before, but no one has ever bothered putting in the exact monster spawn locations, its the little things that attract people to a server to see that fine details have been worked.

    as for the chair, thats something thats pretty much impossible to do without fully recoding the client, which to be really honest would take a pretty long time, a lot more then a month, same goes for the orc moving, which is why i said in the original post as accurate as "possible". Low and middle class scrolls may not of been implemented back then but its not like its something so new like BDW, it will also help out the economy.

  2. #32
    Senior Member Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Looking good!

    In my opinion private servers should make a pots weight low, so no repotting every 20 minutes and the price of pots low. Nobody wants to farm for pots!
    Besides that I think 300 ac, 1500 hp, attack scroll and swift scroll should be cheap aswell.

    So that it really is about farming armors,juwels, weapons and exp instead of farming for pots/scrolls.

    Regards,


    Blaze

  3. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    all they've done is edit a background
    Well, to be fair -- that's what you've done, as far as I can see... does the orc actually move? Not from what I can see (static image?).
    Did you implement the character selection screen? No (this is slightly harder).

    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    where as we have really put the effort in editing the UI which takes quite a bit of time converting it into the 1299 client
    You sound like you assume a (from what I can see from your post, poor copy of a) UI is all it takes to make a server work/stand out. Unfortunately, this isn't necessarily true - management is a key issue, and of course, interest in your server.
    If all you're providing them is an imitation of the old KO UI, which affects very little of any actual gameplay, I'm not exactly seeing your advertising strategy here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    also yea your right breth and piana maps have been used before, but no one has ever bothered putting in the exact monster spawn locations
    Well, that's not true. This was done for KO4Life's server and one that I was involved with also, so that's not exactly new/accurate either. Not to mention, if you can't recall any accurate details about the server then, how are you sure your spawns have any semblance of accuracy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    its the little things that attract people to a server to see that fine details have been worked.
    But is it enough for them to want to keep playing?

    While I agree that going ahead and adding all sorts of new events like BDW's a bad idea without at least trying to make the events 'fit' with your server's state (i.e. economy, rewards), on the flip side, here's what I can make out from your post that you're doing for players:
    - giving them a hacky UI that by your own admission really doesn't copy it at all (hell, the part that we all know and love doesn't even work; the orc doesn't move! ).
    - medium/lower class upgrades because that was the case back then (but, no it wasn't, and it's nothing special anyway -- I'm pretty sure even Jonny's upgrade editor generates rows for these.)
    - letting them grind at "original" (whatever that means; original at which point in time, and did you recreate it yourself or did you pull them from somewhere? Are you SURE these rates are accurate as per the server at THAT time?) rates. Likewise for upgrade rates.
    - implementing the FT event (which is nothing special, as it's implemented on every server)
    - implementing the CSW event (as above)
    - implementing the rental system (as... above)
    - multiple premium service types (as above, more or less, but it doesn't affect gameplay much.)
    - original quests (a handful of servers have these completed already, a couple with virtually every quest of that time [that is, including holiday-type quests] -- either way, not really standout because I've found players don't tend to go through and do every quest)
    - implementing the old skill effects (copypasta from the old client, but the only real benefit for this is nostalgia. It doesn't affect gameplay in any way.)

    I don't mean to sound condescending, or what-not; I'm just trying to see this server the way you want others to see it.
    So... what exactly is there to look forward to?

  4. #34
    Senior Member MySexualIntention's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Nerf Master Suck Town
    Posts
    963

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Then you really should get outside and work on your life, if you have nothing really that contributes to the server in a good or negative way, that helps with the server instead of posting a completely useless reply which im sure you've posted in every server that you've enjoyed playing until its died then dont bother replying at all, your post count means nothing, to anyone..
    Shows how stable as a dev you are.

  5. #35
    Banned Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,097

    Default

    So.. by
    2004 Knight Online you mean.. that you are adding Piana and Breth.. I am impressed.

    I also don't believe the rental system was around either..

  6. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReesesPieces View Post
    So.. by
    2004 Knight Online you mean.. that you are adding Piana and Breth.. I am impressed.

    I also don't believe the rental system was around either..
    Rental was there, Iamcoolz.

  7. #37
    Work it, make it, do it. Senior Member ThiefShaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Rental was there, Iamcoolz.
    Ehh no way, i can't remember it existed back then, or was it and i heven't noticed =s.....

    ......
    ............after 5min of thinking i still can't seem to remember a rental system!

  8. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThiefShaman View Post
    Ehh no way, i can't remember it existed back then, or was it and i heven't noticed =s.....

    ......
    ............after 5min of thinking i still can't seem to remember a rental system!
    It'd been there since their launch...

    Edit:
    If you're thinking of USKO, I think they had it on launch, but I believe it was disabled for the longest time due to duping and other associated bugs. Every other region (including MYKO) had it, regardless.
    Last edited by twostars; 11-28-2012 at 07:35 AM.

  9. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    43

    Default

    NO U DIDN'T, NOOOOO U DIDN'T (black female voice) awesome that old login screen used to creep the shit outta me when i was young boy. get all that negative comments and shove them up ur assholes. keep up this oldskool style love it

  10. #40
    Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    nazıland
    Posts
    3,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThiefShaman View Post
    Ehh no way, i can't remember it existed back then, or was it and i heven't noticed =s.....

    ......
    ............after 5min of thinking i still can't seem to remember a rental system!
    USKO and MYKO both had it for a short time, it was disabled and enabled repeatedly over the years, but it was there and the NPCs for it were always around too. Remember that fella in Eslant that served no purpose other than looking dumb? He'd be sitting at the tree in the middle of the town. That was one of the many Rental NPCs. :P

  11. #41
    Work it, make it, do it. Senior Member ThiefShaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by schrotti View Post
    USKO and MYKO both had it for a short time, it was disabled and enabled repeatedly over the years, but it was there and the NPCs for it were always around too. Remember that fella in Eslant that served no purpose other than looking dumb? He'd be sitting at the tree in the middle of the town. That was one of the many Rental NPCs. :P
    I can't seem to remember the rental on myko, i probably forgot, ko fried my brain or smth.

  12. #42
    Senior Member Royal05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    as stated above, it will be hard exp but there will be quests to help you a long the way so you wont have to spend hours apon hours of exping
    Hard XP with english players on a private server dont get along. hf

  13. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Leicester, England
    Posts
    1,471

    Default

    Oh shit I remember the sound of that old login/server screen That shit was awesome.

  14. #44
    Ren
    Ren is offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ilterates View Post
    I won't play it unless u put the old stone chairs characters sat on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rec7on View Post
    i thought the chairs of char select are going to be there aswell ... : (
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    Looking good!

    In my opinion private servers should make a pots weight low, so no repotting every 20 minutes and the price of pots low. Nobody wants to farm for pots!
    Besides that I think 300 ac, 1500 hp, attack scroll and swift scroll should be cheap aswell.

    So that it really is about farming armors,juwels, weapons and exp instead of farming for pots/scrolls.

    Regards,


    Blaze
    these guys re right. and yep, also shouty orc is not moving.

  15. #45
    Senior Member Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ren View Post
    these guys re right. and yep, also shouty orc is not moving.
    Yeah we are ^^. Just hope Admin will listen and adjust the server to it. Then I will defenitly play

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Unofficial Knight Online Private Server COMING SOON (UNKO)
    By jeffriestim in forum Private Servers
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-14-2010, 06:34 PM
  2. Cant log on to knight online world.com
    By Hemes in forum Tech Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-08-2009, 12:02 PM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-28-2008, 05:35 PM
  4. 2nd KNIGHT ONLINE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
    By ArminVanBuuren in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-10-2006, 07:36 PM
  5. Knight Online World ChampionShip
    By Itamal in forum General Chat
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05-21-2006, 01:11 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •