Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Knight Plus [KoPlus] Runing - Wont go down! Join us - Updated patch

This is a discussion on Knight Plus [KoPlus] Runing - Wont go down! Join us - Updated patch within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by ReesesPieces I feel the Admins rely too much on logs and in all reality? In my years ...
Page: 20

Quote Originally Posted by ReesesPieces View Post
    I feel the Admins rely too much on logs and in all reality? In my years of fixing and working on servers, I would always trust players words over logs.

-Reeses
    trust players words over logs? nice one

Quote Originally Posted by ReesesPieces View Post
    In my years of fixing and working on servers, I would always trust players words over logs. Call me old fashioned and too trustful if you like, but it worked for me.
    Please be trolling. Please be trolling. Please be trolling. Please...

Players lie. ALL the time. Logs should always be checked to be 100% certain of any claims made.
    Most scam cases in particular I've seen/handled have relied on staff taking their word for it. There's actually a term for this; social engineering - and don't be fooled, a great deal more than I'd like of the PSKO community love to do it.

No, I'm not saying all players are liars. However, if they think they can get away with it though, most would (and do) take advantage of trusting staff.

One of my favourites is players coming to you and being all, "OMG MY <insert item here> BURNED GOING TO +<1/2/3 [rare/impossible rate>, UPGRADES ARE BROKEN RESTORE MY ITEM PLS". Logs (that players are seemingly unaware of -- but to be fair, most servers don't employ them), on the other hand, state they were actually upgrading to something possible/highly likely to burn (hey, let's say +8).

That's really not even the worst part of it -- the worst part is, they're typically (though not always -- occasionally they'll back off as soon as they realise you actually DO have logs), extremely persistent and try to make their issue very public, trying to garner community attention to ensure that staff handle it in their favour.

I don't know where you've been all this time, but players lie. Frequently.
    Logs are vital. NEVER, EVER assume people are telling the truth - as soon as they realise they can get away with it, you're pretty much ensuring your server's imminent destruction; "but GM, you did it for x and y and z, WHY NOT ME", "GMS UNFAIR, THEY GOT [FREE ITEMS/or whatever]!!!".

Especially in scam cases (which are usually best to steer clear of unless you were strictly responsible; I've seen some pretty well thought out scam cases, both legit and otherwise).

So, very good call by staff here. Please don't take this guy's advice. Seriously.
    Last edited by twostars; 10-23-2012 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Removed my question; I think we'll try to actually stay on topic. :(
    4YouNoHealStupiD likes this.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

+++++++++++++

_+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

wtf !! GG -1
    Last edited by MrChopperMC; 10-26-2012 at 12:36 PM.

in my oppinion the server is pretty good.. (dont know about security ofc)
    only problem is that we need more players.. gogo

MadMan Senior Member SacredHealDane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KrepiN View Post
    in my oppinion the server is pretty good.. (dont know about security ofc)
    only problem is that we need more players.. gogo
    You kidding me right?
    19 online users , wow EPIC server brah , just super go join it and have a realy good time and LOTS of friends.
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by SacredHealDane View Post
    You kidding me right?
    19 online users , wow EPIC server brah , just super go join it and have a realy good time and LOTS of friends.
    Enjoy.
    did you even read what i said.. need more players

guys ... every million starts from 1 coin ... so don't tell us that we sux cause we have 19 players online ... join us ... test us and than you can tell why do you want or dont want play there ... opinion that it is bad server cause 19 ppl online is very childish opinion ... and you can tell it to your momy ...

GM Joe will make exp event when 25 players will be online. Join us and soon you will love that server

Welcome KO PLAYERS,

My name is Nini and im new Gm of KO PLUS Serv, i wanna to again advertise this server, I know that ur opinion about it is not good because of Kronos and other things, but im here for help this server and i wanna give u a change to spent nice time on exp and pk.

Today all day Me And Dan (admin) are working on new patch. So u will be able to buy scrools in sundries (1000/150/swift), also u can get better scrools from hard boss (1500/300/wolf scrools) and 2500/350 scrools from PUS.

also we are going to change all +8/9 items to +6/7 and disable +9 items, and also make +8 upgrade a bit harder then now.
    we are wanna to do it for give a chance new player get good items in same time as old players,

we are thinking about decrease max lvl, but atm we are thinking about it.

Me and Joe are active gm's in game. We are making exp events/money events/ etc to help all players with something.

If u wanna spent a nice time and u wanna check it out come join us and give us a chance to be 1 of best server u already played.

forum: KO-Plus Offical Forums
    panel: Knight Online Server - Index

See u there!

To be honest this server is pretty good.. no lags around.. logical drop rate and almost classic "evil" Anvil. Only issue is people don't "trust" this server and are not joining it..

If the server was good, it would have had more players - END OF IT.

Don't say it is good, while it's not. I don't even need to give it a try to see what's going on. It is farming. Check section of private servers and i guarantee you that 90% of them will be MYKO styled servers with similar exp rate, farm rate and so on. So once again, the server isn't good. It is one out of many and will stay like this for couple of days more till we will see notice ''We are sorry, blah blah, server is closed due to low popularity''.

we are not there for fuck players and close server after 1-2 week, we want to have server with big population who can spent fun time there, we dont need players who think: its next server whith wanna get some money and close it,

We dont wanna ur money, u can play without donate. We wanna be a great server with great ppl's

Quote Originally Posted by nini View Post
    we are not there for fuck players and close server after 1-2 week, we want to have server with big population who can spent fun time there, we dont need players who think: its next server whith wanna get some money and close it,

We dont wanna ur money, u can play without donate. We wanna be a great server with great ppl's
    dude server was fun for first 3 days let it go now lol. its sad but look server with 10-20 users wont last and you won't be able to advertise more because it went from 100 user to 10-20
    WHAT POSSIBLY changed to make it go back to 100 user ? new random gms and events ? i doubt

GL and even if you re-re-re-re launch server it wont make it better each time just makes server look retarded.

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 2
    01-09-2013, 12:34 PM
  2. Hits: 20
    10-11-2012, 11:21 AM