Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Knights-Revelations LIGHT FARM/ PK SERVER - OFFICIAL RELEASE 13.7.2013 at 19:00 +1 GM

This is a discussion on Knights-Revelations LIGHT FARM/ PK SERVER - OFFICIAL RELEASE 13.7.2013 at 19:00 +1 GM within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; awww iight bro ill help u wit some gear if i can. imma go orcside...
Page: 7

awww iight bro ill help u wit some gear if i can. imma go orcside

So i've noticed there are problems with the time of official.
    We set it up by Slovenian +2GMT Slovenia .

The panel is nearly done! We've fixed some more of the minor bugs.

So call ur friends and lets get this going!

Quote Originally Posted by RevelationKo View Post
    So i've noticed there are problems with the time of official.
    We set it up by Slovenian +2GMT Slovenia .

The panel is nearly done! We've fixed some more of the minor bugs.

So call ur friends and lets get this going!
    Slovenia is GMT +1 ><
    to bi pa že lahk vedo.

15 minutes left!

awww fuck it , going to play and test it ;>

Server is Up!

So guys let me explain our current position. We sadly can't do anything,i did my best to prevent the starting DDos but now it just went over the roof. Our team just doesn't have the budget to buy a firewall that could prevent such a huge amount of DDos. Im just disappointed to see where all our work is going to.
    Me and my team will try to get a solution in the night. Im really sorry we disappointed you and took ur time. I can't promise we can bring it up with this kind of DDos attacks. So lets see what tommorow brings,i can promise i'll give my best.

Sincerely,
    Knight!

So guys let me explain our current position. We sadly can't do anything,i did my best to prevent the starting DDos but now it just went over the roof. Our team just doesn't have the budget to buy a firewall that could prevent such a huge amount of DDos. Im just disappointed to see where all our work is going to.
    Me and my team will try to get a solution in the night. Im really sorry we disappointed you and took ur time. I can't promise we can bring it up with this kind of DDos attacks. So lets see what tommorow brings,i can promise i'll give my best.

Sincerely,
    Knight!
    The thing that bothers me is why people still try to put servers up these days without sufficient protection from the start; they don't care who you are, if you're releasing a server you're going to get attacked. It's really sad, but it's true. At least a few years back this was simply a possibility -- but nowadays? Every. Server. Guaranteed.

Ignoring this, as most servers do lately, just consistently wastes a lot time for both players and staff.
    I really don't understand why everyone seems to think that *they're* never going to be hit, unlike everyone else...
    SimpleChris likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    The thing that bothers me is why people still try to put servers up these days without sufficient protection from the start; they don't care who you are, if you're releasing a server you're going to get attacked. It's really sad, but it's true. At least a few years back this was simply a possibility -- but nowadays? Every. Server. Guaranteed.

Ignoring this, as most servers do lately, just consistently wastes a lot time for both players and staff.
    I really don't understand why everyone seems to think that *they're* never going to be hit, unlike everyone else...
    The fact is i knew it was going to happen. Had a discussion with few of the PS owners and i can say that we were prepared.
    But i don't have the budget to prevent it. All i can say it isn't just a random attack,im trying to trace the "owners" ip cause i have an idea who it might be.
    But as i said we took more than just normal safety precautions.

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post

+1

Not worth playing the server if the team can't afford a mandatory fire wall.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleChris View Post
    +1

Not worth playing the server if the team can't afford a mandatory fire wall.
    You're implying that we did not take security measures at all. Which is certainly not the case.
    But the amount of the DDOS was so major that it went far over our budget that we could spend in the first days of running the server.

We are stabalizing the server now and tracing the IP of the source.

The fact is i knew it was going to happen. Had a discussion with few of the PS owners and i can say that we were prepared.
    But i don't have the budget to prevent it. All i can say it isn't just a random attack,im trying to trace the "owners" ip cause i have an idea who it might be.
    But as i said we took more than just normal safety precautions.
    You're implying that we did not take security measures at all. Which is certainly not the case.
    But the amount of the DDOS was so major that it went far over our budget that we could spend in the first days of running the server.

We are stabalizing the server now and tracing the IP of the source.
    That is the very definition of being unprepared and not having sufficient protection... spin it as you will.

Banned Senior Member

Two.. I guess I can ask. When the DDoS itself took down not just the server but the provider of the host what do you even want them to do? The truth in the matter in all this is, unless you have thousands of dollars and even then? It's not worth making a KO server, while you got the assholes that go and buy botnets or use botnets to DDoS servers. So. They were prepared for DDoS just not at that caliber.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ReesesPieces View Post
    Two.. I guess I can ask. When the DDoS itself took down not just the server but the provider of the host what do you even want them to do? The truth in the matter in all this is, unless you have thousands of dollars and even then? It's not worth making a KO server, while you got the assholes that go and buy botnets or use botnets to DDoS servers. So. They were prepared for DDoS just not at that caliber.
    You demand a refund, then switch host.

Banned Senior Member

True.. B-Randon.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 20
    07-31-2013, 05:29 AM
  2. Hits: 4
    07-13-2013, 05:11 PM
  3. Hits: 5
    07-13-2013, 01:20 PM
  4. Hits: 30