Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Knights-Revelations LIGHT FARM/ PK SERVER - OFFICIAL RELEASE 13.7.2013 at 19:00 +1 GM

This is a discussion on Knights-Revelations LIGHT FARM/ PK SERVER - OFFICIAL RELEASE 13.7.2013 at 19:00 +1 GM within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Also it seems to be a bit more stable now so!...
Page: 8

Banned Senior Member

Also it seems to be a bit more stable now so!

Quote Originally Posted by ReesesPieces View Post
    Two.. I guess I can ask. When the DDoS itself took down not just the server but the provider of the host what do you even want them to do? The truth in the matter in all this is, unless you have thousands of dollars and even then? It's not worth making a KO server, while you got the assholes that go and buy botnets or use botnets to DDoS servers. So. They were prepared for DDoS just not at that caliber.
    Uh, the onus is still on the owner here; they were the one that chose a provider that apparently has virtually no backbone at all to support them in the event they were flooded...

Banned Senior Member

Well after a rocky day, we went from 60+ users to now what it shows.. 20. It really shows this communities true colors and what this PSKO community has came too. I have never in my life experienced so much.. just frustration. Why DDoS a server with a little chance to compete.. to prove what.. that you are the biggest champion and you control the way this shit works.. no. Fuck that. This community started out on friendship and it was made that way from what I remember 1.098. No one attacked another server because no one knew how and it wasn't worth it. This community has completely failed on every aspect, now don't get me wrong, there are a handful of wonderful people I have met on this game and were always supportive and it's just not the way shit it is I suppose. Why people even bother now a days to make a PSKO is beyond me.. oh wait.. the one thing that ruined the damn community in the first place! Money! Now I know this isn't a perfect world and every thing isn't free, but I remember in the past, owners would pay out of their own pocket and only asked for what they actually needed and ran it is a hobby, not a damn job.

Off the soap box, I will be speaking to the owner and I will be figuring out a way to get the server back on its feet, relaunching, whatever. Relaunching a server that this community was built on and why people came here, to escape the shitty customer support on USKO, and to be around a game that has been here for quite some time and if you don't like the game? Why are you still in this forum.. go on and troll somewhere else. I will be helping him once again, and fixing up the issues we had, and I will be preparing it to the best of my abilities and hoping for the best, if it crashes or gets DDoS'd just going to put it right back up. Customer support and professionalism in my eyes sets a server apart from the others that have launched. So. Wonderful job to the DDoS'ers. If I fail again.. so be it? Not going to give up, been up now for 47 hours and have been working non-stop to figure out shit. I want to apologize and thank the players that came to our server and watched it fail and still gave the support to Knight he needed, it's players like that, that I appreciate. So when we relaunch or whatever we decide, coming back with a bang. Just be patient, join the forums and watch as we work.

Thank you again to the players who support us.

Good luck, and lets hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    That is the very definition of being unprepared and not having sufficient protection... spin it as you will.
    I'm just going to say KoTastic and that should pretty much refresh ur sufficient protection.

Well on topic now i tryed this server and it was one of the better ones out there i enjoyed every minute in the game.
    Really sucks that KO community got fcked up so bad with all these Botnet/DDoS attacks.
    Still a BUMP for the server if you guys can fix everything up im with you again!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroH View Post
    I'm just going to say KoTastic and that should pretty much refresh ur sufficient protection.

Well on topic now i tryed this server and it was one of the better ones out there i enjoyed every minute in the game.
    Really sucks that KO community got fcked up so bad with all these Botnet/DDoS attacks.
    Still a BUMP for the server if you guys can fix everything up im with you again!
    Don't forget, that was several years ago -- at that point, attacks of that magnitude were fairly uncommon. My point was entirely that any server is guaranteed to be attacked these days. Every server is. No exceptions! (Also, it took a little, but we did actually get the attacks under control at the time -- by which point the main interest in the server was lost.)

Times have changed a lot since then. Regardless, why do you think I hassle server owners about this stuff? It's not for fun, surely -- it's to try and help them understand that hosting a server is, actually, serious business. As you pointed out with that server, it is because I have experienced the same thing (and learned from it).

It is for exactly this reason that I don't care to start up another server (not without doing it all properly), at least any time in the future. There's a lot to consider, and a lot to invest; I think that if it's not going to be done properly, it's a waste of time, interest and especially money to bother.
    blackfox likes this.

Senior Member MySexualIntention's Avatar

Don't forget, that was several years ago -- at that point, attacks of that magnitude were fairly uncommon. My point was entirely that any server is guaranteed to be attacked these days. Every server is. No exceptions! (Also, it took a little, but we did actually get the attacks under control at the time -- by which point the main interest in the server was lost.)

Times have changed a lot since then. Regardless, why do you think I hassle server owners about this stuff? It's not for fun, surely -- it's to try and help them understand that hosting a server is, actually, serious business. As you pointed out with that server, it is because I have experienced the same thing (and learned from it).

It is for exactly this reason that I don't care to start up another server (not without doing it all properly), at least any time in the future. There's a lot to consider, and a lot to invest; I think that if it's not going to be done properly, it's a waste of time, interest and especially money to bother.

Two I love you man and I love hoe you help these guys.

But by the time you start your own server this is what I'll be seeing outside my window.

twostars likes this.

the most important things are:
    good dedi, good DDOS protection, long enough beta test and of course good staff...

Two, you should start up your own server 18xx or 12xx , that's would be really great to play

We all know with a huge botnet, there is no way to stop a DDoS. There is no use blaming them, saying they didn't take the necessary security steps to make the server secure. I understand that every server nowadays get's a DDoS at start, but who would expect such a huge one on the first day?

Fap fap fap Senior Member ISpitOnYourGrave's Avatar

these arent DDoS'ers where you laugh with this server is highly secured and they improve but who ever is doeing this is buying high class DDoS stuff for sure! but im sure they will fix it

Quote Originally Posted by ISpitOnYourGrave View Post
    these arent DDoS'ers where you laugh with this server is highly secured and they improve but who ever is doeing this is buying high class DDoS stuff for sure! but im sure they will fix it
    You don't need to " Buy " DDoS equipment. There are alot of free RAT's and DDoS tools out there ( Like LOIC / HOIC and DarkComet RAT to spread ).
    Only thing you need is a huge botnet for it to be a succesful DDoS. Only thing that someone would buy is slaves, so you can have an huge botnet. It's not no " Buy the software, Run it, DDoS everything ". There's alot more to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodzilla View Post
    We all know with a huge botnet, there is no way to stop a DDoS. There is no use blaming them, saying they didn't take the necessary security steps to make the server secure. I understand that every server nowadays get's a DDoS at start, but who would expect such a huge one on the first day?
    Everyone should. That's the point. Every server is hit. Every. Server. More to the point, why shouldn't we blame them; the owner made it clear that there was apparently very little thought put into selection of their provider, at the very least.

If we're going to be talking about the size, I'd also like to see some actual numbers. None have been provided, so to sum up what the owner has said:
    - all of (how much is all?) their allocated bandwidth usage was eaten up, this scenario wasn't allowed for.
    - provider offers no real course of action, because hey: their 'infrastructure' was taken down too (no decent provider has no backbone to allow for such a scenario. None.).
    - the attack was big. Bigger than everyone else's (how big is that?).

Or, as I see it from the above: 'we picked a random cheapy provider, we're not going to be attacked, psh, oh... we were attacked. And there's nothing we can do? And now we owe the provider? Time to be as vague as possible and hope our community forgives us!'
    So I'm exaggerating a bit with that one-liner summary; but to be fair, I guarantee the owner is too... seriously, go re-read what's been said.
    Oscar likes this.

Banned Senior Member

Glad we are still on the DDoS and botnets. Lets move on.

Ppl getting back here it's awesome

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 20
    07-31-2013, 05:29 AM
  2. Hits: 4
    07-13-2013, 05:11 PM
  3. Hits: 5
    07-13-2013, 01:20 PM
  4. Hits: 30
    07-13-2013, 11:43 AM
  5. Hits: 2