Page 144 of 153 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 2285

KO-Tastic!

This is a discussion on KO-Tastic! within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by lowpwnd lol at luring guards, you consider that shit as a bug? Or people are just brained ...
Page: 144

Quote Originally Posted by lowpwnd View Post
    lol at luring guards, you consider that shit as a bug? Or people are just brained to do some funny things like that. Ko is over anyway bb
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I wasn't at the war, just heard, what was the bug? I don't get it, guards attack guards...
    They lured them to kill (and hence, bug - as it wasn't player killed) the warder. It was done deliberately, chat logs saw StoneColdKillah stating he's going to try bugging an active war to "see if that's what did it last time." Provoking guards to attack other guards is fair enough, but luring it all the way in to kill the warder...

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Please, PLEASE get the logs. It was after the CSW on the 11th, around 2am server time again, shurt CLEARLY posted in IRC that it wasn't a bug, and that you had implanted a fix to in which you quit off you stay with same hp anyway. Extacy was also saying it wasn't a bug, so two gm's.
    Firstly, Extacy isn't a GM. She's a forum & IRC mod.
    Reading over the logs now, I see that's a completely different issue altogether to what's previously been discussed... this time it's catapult bugging (something that I'm actually in the middle of fixing right now, after I've just finished fixing the scroll bugging, on the test server anyway).

What was ACTUALLY said, by Shurt, was that he wasn't exactly sure how it was a bug in the strictest sense, as it still did cost (a lot of) coins to use it. He did, however, later say that it'd be fixed (although his explanation is a little off the actual intended fix).

Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    you love to go on about logs so much, please get them and see for yourself.
    Trying to figure out which incident it was, here's the most recent one I suppose:

Will dig further, a timeframe would be nice though.

are you stupid? seriously. this whole few pages we've said that when we got into isi with the ladder car when shurt said it was legal, or at least legal at that time, until you guys decided to blacklist it. anyhow, if we got in by that, how do you think cracked got in then? and the time they raided the next day ( about 1h before we raided gm clan on isi floor ). don't see you fucking saying anything to them, hell, a few people even flame more on irc then our members, lol.
    CrackeD got in because they were let in. You got in because you abused a minor, meaningless bug that I thought we were over a couple of pages ago.

what is the point of this? to get it into your head that there is problems in this server

if its not GM corruption, then it's fucking GM incompetence. Seriously, we're fucking tired of this:

Getting told by shurt that somethings a bug, then getting told by you it's not.
    Getting told by shurt isi's bugged, then getting told by you that he said it wasn't and shit.

^-- What are you referring to by these? The other way around, perhaps, for the first one, but the second...?

Repoting bugging too you, but no, it's not because someone is getting healed, only for another GM to come on 10 minutes later saying it is a bug and people will be banned for it.
    ^-- Honestly, you guys were playing on my uncertainty with that one - from what you told me, I couldn't identify them as bugging. Shurt was able to recognise otherwise. You already knew I wouldn't know and that I'd just wait for Shurt or a GM to check it out.

Getting told by shurt something is a bug, then reporting it when someone uses and he says its not, then you now say it is.
    ^-- and... again, either you're getting mixed up or I'm just not figuring what you're referring to here

Getting told if we use that bug, we'll be banned, then getting told by you it's not a bug, shit like that.
    ^-- I don't recall EVER saying something was NOT a bug. If you're referring to me unbanning StoneColdKillah for bugging the war/a warder, I only unbanned him as I didn't feel it was worth a permanent ban despite his history. This is about the only incident that I can recall that comes close to that.

Seeing as you love to communicate to us so much, how about you try communicating with your other gms? holy fuck, its like a game of he said she said when dealing with you guys.
    And you seem to be the only clan experiencing this... I'll grant, yes - the thing with Shurt/Parasitic was a bit confusing, but it's a one-off exception as it was assumed to be fixed. Neither of them knew it wasn't yet fixed (but, it has been now).

Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Firstly, Extacy isn't a GM. She's a forum & IRC mod.
    Well tell um not to answer on irc when asked for a GM.

Reading over the logs now, I see that's a completely different issue altogether to what's previously been discussed... this time it's catapult bugging (something that I'm actually in the middle of fixing right now, after I've just finished fixing the scroll bugging, on the test server anyway).
    So what exactly did you think I meant when I said "cata bug" ?

What was ACTUALLY said, by Shurt, was that he wasn't exactly sure how it was a bug in the strictest sense, as it still did cost (a lot of) coins to use it. He did, however, later say that it'd be fixed (although his explanation is a little off the actual intended fix).
    yes, he refused to say it was a bug on irc, after apparently he had told us if we use it we'll get banned.

Trying to figure out which incident it was, here's the most recent one I suppose:
    Will dig further, a timeframe would be nice though.
    I'm not sure either, probably somewhere around here.

CrackeD got in because they were let in. You got in because you abused a minor, meaningless bug that I thought we were over a couple of pages ago.
    Just like everything in your server, who knew. In USKO it was perfectly legal, was fine in real KE, again, shurt said it was legal, so whats the problem?

And you seem to be the only clan experiencing this... I'll grant, yes - the thing with Shurt/Parasitic was a bit confusing, but it's a one-off exception as it was assumed to be fixed. Neither of them knew it wasn't yet fixed (but, it has been now).
    no it's not a one-off, its always happening and who says we're the only one experiencing it? You said the way CrackeD was killing isiloon was fine, 2 minutes later shurt was saying they'll be banned for it, the same way noname killed it btw.

Figures. I get through the drama yesterday and more pops up while I'm sleeping.

So, I'm not going to bother with quotes and whatnot. Let's first deal with Isiloon, from yesterday. I'm told (and from what I gathered) Undez used a ladder truck key to get over the wall. While I didn't feel as if this was a bug, Twostars and the other GMs did, and as such, it was fixed. I'll be honest, I personally don't think Parasitic should have killed you, and then TP'd you out. I would not have done that, but, I was of the belief that the ladder truck wasn't a bug.

Now the, "GM Clan" (No Name Clan, for those not following along). There is only one GM in that clan, and that is Parasitic. When we first launched the server, we allowed him to play, hoping that there wouldn't be any issues. However, it seems as if there have been some problems. We've been neglecting them, hoping that they would go away. That doesn't seem to be happening. As such, Parasitic has been given the option of either playing as a GM, ONLY, or playing as a player, ONLY.

Next up is the miscommunication. Yes, there has been quite a lot of it. Varying rules depending on the GM, etc. We have chosen IRC as our platform for communicating with each other because it's far more practical than something like MSN. Unfortunately, IRC has some drawbacks that, with normal usage don't seem quite so detrimental. However, when you're trying to pass around rules and decisions, things can get lost quite easily, without any of us intending for it to happen. That is our fault. Perhaps there is a better medium for communicating important decisions. Another problem that we have is the lack of any clear rules. When we were launching this server initially, we neglected to include a proper, "Rules" page in the panel because we felt, especially after the responses that we got to this thread when we posted it, that a page detailing our rules would be fairly pointless. If you run back through the first few pages, you'll see that the vast majority of the posts are from people that we all played with back in the day. We figured, everyone knew all the basic rules, so why bother writing something up? It would just take time that, frankly, we didn't have. We were wanting to get the server up as soon as possible so that everybody could enjoy it. In that respect, we dropped the ball. We should have written up some clear rules. The other issue with rules is that, attempting to create rules and punishments for every possible permutation of every bug in the game is a bit unrealistic. This issue will be rectified today and tomorrow. We will have clear rules and clear punishments up on the panel for various things.

Also, I'd like to ask everyone to please, chill out. There really is no reason to insult twostars. I understand the frustration, but let's be civil. I'm willing to answer any questions you might have that I either overlooked or didn't clarify in the post above, but, as I said, please keep it civil.

Also, my apologies on the late reply.

Najil

Please stop wasting precious time and energy arguing over some ancient bullshit and focus on the present. There are things that need to be done to increase the servers population. More and more people are getting disencouraged, the drop rates are a joke, FT is so hard nobody can complete it. Farming NPCs in wars is getting old, theres hardly any pk in cz because of gear differences between new and old players, exp parties are non existant - bunny took care of that. Its about time you introduce a lvl 70 cap and get rid of that thing, or better yet - cap it so that only those below 65 can receive exp from it.

Take a quick look at the market, its shrinking, people have been merchanting the same items for the past couple of days. Dms drop so little right now mirage sword costs 40mil (used to cost 20mil in case you didnt know).

Please, i dont wanna hear the same sentence for the 10th time. 'We didnt change anything, its all about luck". So how come 90% of the server suddently became extremely unlucky with drops? I personally went down from farming 10-20 shells an hour to only getting 2-5. Its been like that for the past couple of days and its killing the server.

Upgrade rates are hard, i burnt the entire inventory of shells in 1 session and didnt make a single +6, not to mention a +7. But you know what, that wouldve been okay if they actually dropped more often! 1-3 items an hour that will most likely burn anyway - why even bother? Increase the drop rates, anvil will take care of the rest. Mobs are dropping, people are happy, the servers growing. Simple as it is. Afraid of flooding the server with +6 and +7s? More items mean lower prices and easier access to gear for the newcomers that will allow them to compete in cz. Thats what we all want, isnt it?

Moving on, Gm events. They need to be scheduled so that everyone knows when to be there. Kill the Gm was held in the middle of the night for Eu timezone, how sad is that? Is this how you treat the majority of the server?

Its almost like you guys are trying to destroy your own server. People have been posting all those brilliant suggestions on the forum for weeks now and most of them are left without any admin feedback.

Walk around moradon, talk to people, see what they really want from the server, dont just log in for 2mins to spawn a goddamn bunny 4 times a day.

Glad i got that off my chest. See you ingame.
    Last edited by Najil; 09-15-2011 at 01:46 PM.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Najil View Post
    Please stop wasting precious time and energy arguing over some ancient bullshit and focus on the present. There are things that need to be done to increase the servers population. More and more people are getting disencouraged, the drop rates are a joke, FT is so hard nobody can complete it. Farming NPCs in wars is getting old, theres hardly any pk in cz because of gear differences between new and old players, exp parties are non existant - bunny took care of that. Its about time you introduce a lvl 70 cap and get rid of that thing, or better yet - cap it so that only those below 65 can receive exp from it.

Take a quick look at the market, its shrinking, people have been merchanting the same items for the past couple of days. Dms drop so little right now mirage sword costs 40mil (used to cost 20mil in case you didnt know).

Please, i dont wanna hear the same sentence for the 10th time. 'We didnt change anything, its all about luck". So how come 90% of the server suddently became extremely unlucky with drops? I personally went down from farming 10-20 shells an hour to only getting 2-5. Its been like that for the past couple of days and its killing the server.

Upgrade rates are hard, i burnt the entire inventory of shells in 1 session and didnt make a single +6, not to mention a +7. But you know what, that wouldve been okay if they actually dropped more often! 1-3 items an hour that will most likely burn anyway - why even bother? Increase the drop rates, anvil will take care of the rest. Mobs are dropping, people are happy, the servers growing. Simple as it is. Afraid of flooding the server with +6 and +7s? More items mean lower prices and easier access to gear for the newcomers that will allow them to compete in cz. Thats what we all want, isnt it?

Moving on, Gm events. They need to be scheduled so that everyone knows when to be there. Kill the Gm was held in the middle of the night for Eu timezone, how sad is that? Is this how you treat the majority of the server?

Its almost like you guys are trying to destroy your own server. People have been posting all those brilliant suggestions on the forum for weeks now and most of them are left without any admin feedback.

Walk around moradon, talk to people, see what they really want from the server, dont just log in for 2mins to spawn a goddamn bunny 4 times a day.

Agreed , but fixing the server won't be that easy considering one of the admins is working on another server because his partner is finally back , and I'm pretty sure he's doing anything he can to ruin this one.
    I am officially offline until things change.
    Last edited by coolboyp2; 09-15-2011 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Najil View Post

big +1 , from today i am offline till things changed. Its not like people are not giving good ideas, they simply dont get any attention, well guess what you dont have my attention too anymore.

Banned Senior Member

143 online? Guys are you kidding or what? You have hidden online user on panel but I counted name by name.. Ok but I never play a farm server which is -200. Good luck all. PM me if you need items.

I am Timmeh Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by shenershen View Post
    143 online? Guys are you kidding or what? You have hidden online user on panel but I counted name by name.. Ok but I never play a farm server which is -200. Good luck all. PM me if you need items.
    what farm server have you played that has had 200+ after a couple months of releasing? other than old school ko (which they put a false number up there) and lsko? please tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovemyko1 View Post
    what farm server have you played that has had 200+ after a couple months of releasing? other than old school ko (which they put a false number up there) and lsko? please tell me.
    hell awaits, titan ko

Banned Senior Member

Yes there are two. One is Oldschoolko - other is yourko..

Hard farm servers?

None.

medium-hard/light farm servers: plenty. Eventually they all die but they sure as hell are fun as long as they last. (approx 6months and by the time the server dies, most people have had enough ko for a while so most of them don't mind )

Banned Senior Member

Ko-tastic should wipe and re-launch with KI2-3 rates and without twostars as admin.
    The main problem with this server is lack of casual players.

Quote Originally Posted by coolboyp2 View Post
    Ko-tastic should wipe and re-launch with KI2-3 rates and without twostars as admin.
    The main problem with this server is lack of casual players.
    I'm glad you wrote this

Actually I've always said it before they launched, that the server would have been perfect if they had ki exp rates. Ki drop/anvil rates were kinda high though...

Anyways - the "ki-concept" has been proven succesful in the past. Seeing how this server got everything working as it should I think it could become more succesful than ki, maybe a bdw could spice things up even more.

Bout twostars, not sure what happened... but if it wasn't for him I doubt this server would have gotten trugh all the struggles they had during the first weeks.

I dunno is this a client sided problem but when I'm playing Tastic KO on my laptop I got like 20 FPS in area that has no people around,but when I log in to SexyKO I got like 50 fps in the same place.

Banned Senior Member

There is no doubt twostars helped the server tremendously in the first few weeks.
    In the last couple of weeks though , he has been doing basically nothing , working on minor bug fixes instead of working on the bigger issues players have pointed out in the forums.
    Today he joined our clan on some GM char and said he fixed ally bug - we laughed at him.
    With all my respect to his developping skills , his admin skills are a joke , he discriminates certain players based on hate ( something even Aristona the turk did not do ) , he changes things on the server without asking Shurt first and then Shurt has to say he was out-voted by other GM's to calm us down ( even though it's his server ) , like in the "ladder bug" for example.
    Twostars gave a certain player DB access - fact confirmed by another GM although twostars claims otherwise and this GM will probably not repeat what he said before.
    I can give some more examples of why he shouldn't be an admin and stick to his coding , but I really don't see the point.
    P.S : here comes the quoting and refuting

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    12-05-2016, 04:04 PM
  2. Hits: 1
    03-14-2015, 12:10 PM
  3. Hits: 1
    07-31-2014, 05:42 AM
  4. Hits: 1
    11-12-2013, 03:52 PM
  5. Hits: 6
    05-21-2013, 12:09 PM