Page 132 of 153 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 2285

KO-Tastic!

This is a discussion on KO-Tastic! within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by Prodigy™ If you dont care about this server why do you keep posting and whining in this ...
Page: 132


  1. #1966
    Senior Member Aristona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy™ View Post
    If you dont care about this server why do you keep posting and whining in this topic grow up buddy
    The exact same reason why ko-tastic staff kept posting in my thread.

  2. #1967
    Almighty Moderator LambOfGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Peru.
    Posts
    1,507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aristona View Post
    The exact same reason why ko-tastic staff kept posting in my thread.
    ponnies arent that awesome btw, good to see they stopped posting that crap .

  3. #1968
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aristona View Post
    Let me also write your facts:

    1. Ko4Life KO, a server which had the highest population/hype, failed even before releasing it. The biggest failure on PSKO history that we all accept.
    2. KO Tastic, the re-attempt of bringing Ko4Life KO back, lost 800+ online players within a month.
    3. You probably had like total of maximum 15-20 hours of online time past month.
    4. Your server is the one people "beg" for an announcement, since it goes down and first announcement being made few hours later. In KI, they were all instant, I tried to inform community with everything.
    5. You have Ko4Life power behind you (to help with advertisements and such), I had nothing.
    6. You have a developer called Twostars in your team, jackload of GM's to deal with ingame issues, even Devile helped you... I had nobody. It was just me.
    7. You wiped your server before people reach level 60.
    8. You just wiped all inventories & inns off the server. (What I've seen when I browsed your forums... I believe it require "guts" to explain what actually happend. Perhabs koxpers took Isiloon down countless of times before you notice? :/)
    Oh, boo-freaking-hoo. "I did everything on my own, I did it all 9999x better than you ever will, you suck." What about Rodrane? He only destroyed the KI dedi how many times? You had GMs, what about them, they never existed?

    For the record, inn data was able to be recovered from logs (which I'd copied over to the test server after I took the live server down, which was fortunately before we lost all access to the server when the drive failed). We, previously, didn't log EVERY system that affected the inn - its own item logs were vague and useless for any practical use - and... yes, negligence on our part was the reason behind us not noticing an issue with the automated backups (and obviously fixing it), which is the first thing we setup after they installed a new drive.

    I can see absolutely no sane reason why we would have put the community through hell intentionally, so suggesting that we wiped item data because people had items they shouldn't is beyond ridiculous - there's much less painful strategies like for instance, just removing those particular items not that we would ever do it, but it would definitely be less painful than everyone losing their gear (and keeping their inn data). It's a terrible situation that could've been avoided, and certainly not very well timed (after finally starting to recuperate from prior attacks), but even just the fact you would accuse us of doing this deliberately is beyond ridiculous.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aristona View Post
    Really, learn to keep your mouth small. Be less egoistic. There's a reason why KO-Tastic is hated. Realise why OldschoolKO or SexyKO ain't getting attacked unlike you. Find and solve it.
    Really? In my experience, people flood things out because they either find it fun or it suits their agenda. Private server scenario aside, it is also illegal and therefore cannot be deemed moral. What I'm trying to say is, just because someone says something disagreeable is NOT a morally or legally acceptable reason/excuse to take illegal action against them. Additionally, flooding out your external interface is most certainly not something that can be "found and solved." What can been done within financial constraints has been done. If you even care about facts, you'll have noticed the attacks have been much less noticeable as time goes on, as we continuously deal with and implement new strategies ("donation" money has helped a lot with that). There's just not a lot you can do against attacks large enough to flood out public access. Dropping traffic only helps to an extent, but when the NIC's overloaded... Also, for the record, I know at least SexyKO hasn't been attack-free recently...

    Really, just grow up Aristona. You surely must have better things to do than continuously come up with these conspiracy theories.
    Last edited by twostars; 08-20-2011 at 04:54 AM.

  4. #1969
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aristona View Post
    Oh, a forum user already replied this.

    There's a reason why KO-Tastic is hated. Realise why OldschoolKO or SexyKO ain't getting attacked unlike you.
    News flash, since when didn sexyko get attacked? They got attacked instantly by turks when 1534 got released. I know it for sure cause i playd it then.I can assure u that their secuirty is way better than other 1298 servers. Why? Cause they got the most up to date server up if i can say that.

    So when u said u had no hack issues and shit like that. I can only assume nobody too time too attack u. Oh and another thing. Sexyreply isnt a idiot like u who gets hes files leeched out.

    Ouch!

  5. #1970
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    189

    Default

    As a former KI player all i can say is that kI2 whas the best server i did play i did realy enjoy it and Aristona did keep us upp to date all the time regarding problems and things like that.
    I did start out at the TFN network back when Twostars still whas in dipers.. realy fun server and we did work hard back then [1098] and after Myst did steel the donation we did close and i did start playing in a twostar server.. iceteako.. it did fail like all his servers. hell even the server with tickets did fail as twostars love to open a server then close it. after that i did play around in KE,., whas kinda fun but we all know nis is a fucking twat . Aristona did open KI1.. did just test it and it did fail ofc. then KI2 came and daam i still say this is by far the best server i ever did play in i did test this server and all i can se is fail fail fail i realy hope you can live up to your words when you start NDKO.. if you ever will.. anyhow i am a ARISTONA FAN.

  6. #1971
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Emirate of Dubai
    Posts
    1,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Invalido View Post
    Still admiring all of the things you accomplished man! Of all the private servers me/my friends where on the KI server was the most fun by far. I thank you for the times!
    And yah, i shall be on ya side buddz.

    Purified.
    First of all, happy birthday purified!

    I agree, best times we had in a private server. I don't care about all the drama between the developpers. All I want is a nice, stable and enjoyable private server... which so far, only ki2 was able to provide... and for a small proportion ki3 as well (as long as it lasted).

    and aristona, ki3 didn't last 3 months Lasted 1 month I remember it very well cause I donated A lot and was kinda mad you closed it down then, I'm sure you remember

    About ko-tastic:

    I've never been a big fan of hard farm servers cause I know there are not enough people willing to play it (effort-wise)... but I thought this would be different, seeying all the hype. Atm I kinda want to keep playing but I have to be realistic, 230 people online, the server is 8 days old and completely unbalanced... quick count on panel: 7 humans, 39 orcs.

    I'm not flaming, I'm happy people are still trying to make a good server, but I'm afraid this won't work, despite all the effort you guys put into it.
    Last edited by simontjeuh; 08-20-2011 at 09:27 AM.

  7. #1972
    imma cut you up Senior Member lIIIIIIIIIIl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    United States of Eurasia
    Posts
    3,225

    Default

    gotta give credit to twostars for his efforts but u can't put makeup on a pig, know what i mean? twostars isn't the main reason for tis server's failure lol.

  8. #1973
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbobox View Post
    and i did start playing in a twostar server.. iceteako..
    Ah that. That was actually IceMan and his friend ThomasC's server, I sort of ended up "replacing" him. 1.5XX WMKO files if I recall? Used to be called "RollbackKO"... fun times. Honestly, a lot of the trouble with that server was the files. I actually went back over those files recently (few months ago, anyway) and I'm extremely surprised that the server wasn't even worse than it was. 1.298 files are awful, 1.098 exceptionally... but the 1.5XX WMKO files seem to have more vulnerabilities than even 1.098 does (and that's saying a lot).

    In retrospect, sticking with those files was a really bad idea. But hey, that was several years ago now, though I know better now, I didn't then and don't claim to be perfect. After all, it is only through failure that success can be achieved.

  9. #1974
    Senior Member Aristona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johny View Post
    News flash, since when didn sexyko get attacked? They got attacked instantly by turks when 1534 got released. I know it for sure cause i playd it then.I can assure u that their secuirty is way better than other 1298 servers. Why? Cause they got the most up to date server up if i can say that.

    So when u said u had no hack issues and shit like that. I can only assume nobody too time too attack u. Oh and another thing. Sexyreply isnt a idiot like u who gets hes files leeched out.

    Ouch!
    Okay... I am not the best guy when it comes down to security, but all the ongoing exploits on PSKO server files made me research and read alot lately.

    The attacks turks can make to SexyKO are probably small botnets, or just flooding with their 256kbps upload speed with their home connection. Not trying to call SexyReplay as idiot (since u called me as an idiot) but they also got their files leaked once or twice, but I am not really sure how. Trillions of ways to do it, so... check Snoxd or any other turkish psko forum to download sexyko files sometime. My files never got leaked for a hack reason or something, I was social-engineered, which wasn't expected for me, otherwise I would be prepared.

    The attacks psko community faces are mostly the ones coming from other server owners, due to competition. SexyKO is alive for few years already, and I doubt someone would be stupid enough to compete with them. It would be like creating your little phone-selling office in a small town, but trying to compete with Apple or Nokia. Completely pointless.

    I'm not saying they never got attacked, they probably got loads of them, but they should all covered up. That server is alive ever since I started learning how to setup a server.

    SexyReplay wrote his emulator (what I heard from Twostars is, he just made additions to current server files, didn't wrote it from stracth) but it's no biggie. If we throw aujard exploit out of the window, the bugs in server files may only lead to a server crash, or ingame issues (like dupe) which provides enough logs for SexyReplay to fix it instantly. Fixing other issues (which Twostars is trying to archieve) require time. In the end, if the jealous psko owners give up attacking other servers due to early competition, the server will be safe.

    You shouldn't say KI never got attacked. We've even got attacked by some hackers from USA, trying to get 1000 USD from us to stop their attacks. The server was down an entire week - the company we were using almost kicked us due to endless attacks (attacks effected their lines) so yah, not really important but just to clarify.

    Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Oh, boo-freaking-hoo. "I did everything on my own, I did it all 9999x better than you ever will, you suck." What about Rodrane? He only destroyed the KI dedi how many times? You had GMs, what about them, they never existed?
    The only Game Master we had was a guy I have played with in the past. Can't recall his nickname now. He helped us with nation transfers, ncs's, pretty much all ingame support. In the end, he scammed us - by selling cash points for a cheap price. He was the only GM with permission. Apart from him, we had moderators to take care of forums, and I was very friendly with the players/clans. They were acting like a GM, never tolerated cheaters and never tried to cheat. They were the ones covering the game.

    Rodrane definitely helped me alot, but when I look at KI forum, my total comment is over 2500, rodrane only has 45, and I was pretty much the one who tried to fix what was destroyed... as we both know.

    Yes, we can say it was me behind most of the things in KI.

    Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Really? In my experience, people flood things out because they either find it fun or it suits their agenda. Private server scenario aside, it is also illegal and therefore cannot be deemed moral. What I'm trying to say is, just because someone says something disagreeable is NOT a morally or legally acceptable reason/excuse to take illegal action against them. Additionally, flooding out your external interface is most certainly not something that can be "found and solved." What can been done within financial constraints has been done. If you even care about facts, you'll have noticed the attacks have been much less noticeable as time goes on, as we continuously deal with and implement new strategies ("donation" money has helped a lot with that). There's just not a lot you can do against attacks large enough to flood out public access. Dropping traffic only helps to an extent, but when the NIC's overloaded... Also, for the record, I know at least SexyKO hasn't been attack-free recently...
    Tell me something new. I have faced whatever you guys are facing now a year ago. I know this situation perfectly and I know what you're trying to do. No need to speak technically to me. In this case, "I can read your mind through interwebz" perfectly.

    Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Really, just grow up Aristona. You surely must have better things to do than continuously come up with these conspiracy theories.
    Says the one who gathered his whole GM army and invaded my thread with little ponies in the past... Says the one who called me as scammer in the past... Says the one who fingered me for every leak may caused... You know what, it was me telling you to grow up back then. Guess it doesn't hurt to act kiddish few times in your life. I'm giving it a try. Srsz buzsinss gettnig boord.

    Anyway, I won't be cruel to you - nor to this server. As said, I would double your downtime if I wanted to, but no point. I just didn't like what you've done to me. When I was trying to fix the problems myself, working all day long, having almost no sleep, you just made laugh of me, and I exactly replied in the same way. Nothing additional. Pretty fair.

    I'm still few years older than you and I have never had second or third personalities like you. I'm always the same, it's only you changing constantly. You are just a guy in the background. Was, and will always be.

    Ps: Lolcats + trolls > ponies + ducks. Accept the fact.
    Last edited by Aristona; 08-20-2011 at 09:39 PM.

  10. #1975
    Senior Member Xero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,757

    Default

    Let' really face it: KOTastic was a big fail and money well wasted.Admit to it twostars

  11. #1976
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aristona View Post
    Okay... I am not the best guy when it comes down to security, but all the ongoing exploits on PSKO server files made me research and read alot lately.
    Good for you. Irrelevant to anything except your own ego.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aristona View Post
    The attacks turks can make to SexyKO are probably small botnets, or just flooding with their 256kbps upload speed with their home connection.
    Assumption. You give a limitation, and say it's "probably small botnet[s]" - you don't know either of those to be true (although you do leave "small" down to interpretation), especially the latter - at that speed, it'd take only ~4000 zombies (assuming the potential speed is [ab]used) to achieve a flood capable of this. That is a reasonably small botnet, and that is a fairly damaging attack.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aristona View Post
    Not trying to call SexyReplay as idiot (since u called me as an idiot) but they also got their files leaked once or twice, but I am not really sure how. Trillions of ways to do it, so... check Snoxd or any other turkish psko forum to download sexyko files sometime. My files never got leaked for a hack reason or something, I was social-engineered, which wasn't expected for me, otherwise I would be prepared.
    This thread is about KO-Tastic, not any other server. Irrelevant to this server/topic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aristona View Post
    The attacks psko community faces are mostly the ones coming from other server owners, due to competition. SexyKO is alive for few years already, and I doubt someone would be stupid enough to compete with them. It would be like creating your little phone-selling office in a small town, but trying to compete with Apple or Nokia. Completely pointless.

    I'm not saying they never got attacked, they probably got loads of them, but they should all covered up. That server is alive ever since I started learning how to setup a server.
    Likewise, for the most part.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aristona View Post
    SexyReplay wrote his emulator (what I heard from Twostars is, he just made additions to current server files, didn't wrote it from stracth) but it's no biggie. If we throw aujard exploit out of the window, the bugs in server files may only lead to a server crash, or ingame issues (like dupe) which provides enough logs for SexyReplay to fix it instantly. Fixing other issues (which Twostars is trying to archieve) require time. In the end, if the jealous psko owners give up attacking other servers due to early competition, the server will be safe.
    This doesn't even really make a lot of sense. Please define the issues "I'm trying to fix", because to the best of my knowledge, everything damaging I've come across thus far has been resolved (with the "lesser" issues still on my to-do list). That is, if you're referring to KO-Tastic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aristona View Post
    The only Game Master we had was a guy I have played with in the past. Can't recall his nickname now. He helped us with nation transfers, ncs's, pretty much all ingame support. In the end, he scammed us - by selling cash points for a cheap price. He was the only GM with permission. Apart from him, we had moderators to take care of forums, and I was very friendly with the players/clans. They were acting like a GM, never tolerated cheaters and never tried to cheat. They were the ones covering the game.

    Rodrane definitely helped me alot, but when I look at KI forum, my total comment is over 2500, rodrane only has 45, and I was pretty much the one who tried to fix what was destroyed... as we both know.

    Yes, we can say it was me behind most of the things in KI.
    Who's being "egoistic" now? :P

    Quote Originally Posted by Aristona View Post
    Tell me something new. I have faced whatever you guys are facing now a year ago. I know this situation perfectly and I know what you're trying to do. No need to speak technically to me. In this case, "I can read your mind through interwebz" perfectly.
    What... are we trying to do? What did we face? Be specific man!

    Quote Originally Posted by Aristona View Post
    Says the one who gathered his whole GM army and invaded my thread with little ponies in the past... Says the one who called me as scammer in the past... Says the one who fingered me for every leak may caused... You know what, it was me telling you to grow up back then. Guess it doesn't hurt to act kiddish few times in your life. I'm giving it a try. Srsz buzsinss gettnig boord.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristona View Post
    I just didn't like what you've done to me. When I was trying to fix the problems myself, working all day long, having almost no sleep, you just made laugh of me, and I exactly replied in the same way. Nothing additional. Pretty fair.
    We didn't keep pitching conspiracy theories trying to pass them off as factual. Nor did we even deliberately "attack" you. Nor for that matter did we attempt to flood out your server on launch.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aristona View Post
    Anyway, I won't be cruel to you - nor to this server. As said, I would double your downtime if I wanted to, but no point.
    You mean not now that you have nothing to target it with anymore, anyway. You were the one that publicly accused me of hacking your server (which you're all too eager to pass off as someone else's it having not even lasted 20 minutes and all). What have I done? Really, tell me - the way I see it, I posted a few ponies to lighten up the mood whilst your server was continually down, and rejected your help requests because you could've fixed it yourself by assigning permissions to your server properly in the first place.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aristona View Post
    I'm still few years older than you and I have never had second or third personalities like you. I'm always the same, it's only you changing constantly.
    In the words of Pinkamena Diane Pie, "Give [it] time...".

    Quote Originally Posted by Aristona View Post
    You are just a guy in the background. Was, and will always be.

    Ps: Lolcats + trolls > ponies + ducks. Accept the fact.
    Oh no, how could you, now I'm in tears. Really. Tears. How could you. Oh noes. I'm so sad. My feelings are hurt. Oh noes.
    (really?)
    Last edited by twostars; 08-21-2011 at 02:02 AM.

  12. #1977
    Banned Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Kanata eh?
    Posts
    7,163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aristona View Post
    Says the one who gathered his whole GM army and invaded my thread with little ponies in the past
    I take offence to that ._.

  13. #1978
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    22

    Default

    This server is dead. At least it deserve a good funeral

  14. #1979
    Senior Member retail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    355

    Default

    face it twostars, u failed so did the server.
    that's make me wonder what's gonna happend with NDKO, another fail?

  15. #1980
    Senior Member Astro Da King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston Texas
    Posts
    573

    Default

    This server is nice, had problems but they are fixing them. Needs a higher population and good to go. BTW was up with these kids screaming server fail server fail get the Fuck out of here.

LinkBacks (?)

  1. Hits: 1
    12-05-2016, 04:04 PM
  2. Hits: 1
    03-14-2015, 12:10 PM
  3. Hits: 1
    07-31-2014, 05:42 AM
  4. Hits: 1
    11-12-2013, 03:52 PM
  5. Hits: 5
    05-21-2013, 12:09 PM
  6. Hits: 6
    09-21-2012, 11:48 PM
  7. Hits: 24
    07-03-2012, 11:05 AM
  8. Hits: 17
    05-01-2012, 07:41 PM
  9. Hits: 3
    03-26-2012, 07:58 PM
  10. Hits: 12
    03-22-2012, 07:21 PM
  11. Hits: 14
    12-21-2011, 06:17 AM
  12. Hits: 1
    12-10-2011, 06:56 PM
  13. Hits: 3
    12-10-2011, 06:42 PM
  14. Hits: 9
    12-07-2011, 10:10 PM
  15. Hits: 8
    09-17-2011, 10:04 PM
  16. Hits: 1
    09-09-2011, 03:15 PM
  17. Hits: 10
    08-27-2011, 01:21 PM
  18. Hits: 6
    08-25-2011, 10:25 AM
  19. Hits: 1
    08-25-2011, 07:35 AM
  20. Hits: 4
    08-25-2011, 04:42 AM
  21. Hits: 69
    08-24-2011, 07:29 PM
  22. Hits: 2
    08-24-2011, 09:59 AM
  23. Hits: 1
    08-23-2011, 09:21 AM
  24. Hits: 1
    08-22-2011, 11:01 AM
  25. Hits: 22
    08-22-2011, 08:31 AM
  26. Hits: 4
    08-22-2011, 08:12 AM
  27. Hits: 1
    08-22-2011, 04:35 AM
  28. Hits: 1
    08-11-2011, 04:04 AM
  29. Hits: 1
    08-08-2011, 03:47 PM
  30. Hits: 1
    08-04-2011, 01:51 PM
  31. Hits: 1
    08-03-2011, 09:30 PM
  32. Hits: 1
    08-03-2011, 06:20 PM
  33. Hits: 1
    08-03-2011, 02:51 PM
  34. Hits: 4
    08-03-2011, 02:06 PM
  35. Hits: 4
    08-03-2011, 01:57 PM
  36. Hits: 2
    08-03-2011, 01:49 PM
  37. Hits: 6
    08-03-2011, 01:47 PM
  38. Hits: 5
    08-03-2011, 01:47 PM
  39. Hits: 34
    08-03-2011, 01:47 PM
  40. Hits: 2
    08-03-2011, 01:45 PM
  41. Hits: 1
    07-20-2011, 09:11 AM
  42. Hits: 3
    07-16-2011, 06:19 PM
  43. Hits: 1
    07-14-2011, 03:14 AM
  44. Hits: 12
    07-13-2011, 04:55 AM
  45. Hits: 1
    07-12-2011, 12:45 PM
  46. Hits: 1
    07-12-2011, 11:35 AM
  47. Hits: 1
    07-12-2011, 09:56 AM
  48. Hits: 2
    07-12-2011, 04:31 AM
  49. Hits: 1
    07-11-2011, 06:30 PM
  50. Hits: 4
    07-11-2011, 06:21 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •