Page 151 of 153 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153 LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 2285

KO-Tastic!

This is a discussion on KO-Tastic! within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by schrotti Lack of communication? Are you kidding me? They were on IRC and the forums 24/7, every ...
Page: 151

Quote Originally Posted by schrotti View Post
    Lack of communication? Are you kidding me? They were on IRC and the forums 24/7, every time one of your little minions came storming in because a worm would take 1 durability away of his precious weapon, they were there attending to their needs and fixing whatever needed to be fixed. Just because they chose to ignore YOU doesn't mean they ignored everyone else...

Listen to the suggestions of the players? That again? Let me see, players demanded easy starts for new players - they got easier rates, it still wasn't enough for them so they were made level 50 with starter gear as people had REQUESTED on the forums... Still not enough? They were made 60, as opposed to the suggestions on forums wanting them to be made 65 even. What else was there? oh right, drop rates? Yeah, because... farming bus in a farm server so hard! Oh god! I only get 30 bus/hour on uruk hais, this is stupid! I quit! stupid server! I have to farm here to actually get something! As I already said on forums and irc, the reason this server is dead is because they actually DID listen. If they had pulled a K2 on us and just ignore all the whiny little fucking demands they've been getting, this server would still be up and running.

Granted, they did screw up, they did a lot things that should have been done differently, but... none of which you are whining and complaining about.
    they listened to the wrong people, the people that quit in an instant when something doesn't go there way or the people that just whine because they suck ass

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silentdj View Post
    they listened to the wrong people, the people that quit in an instant when something doesn't go there way or the people that just whine because they suck ass
    Yeah, but don't you see the problem with that? There's only a few clans willing to go with the server's original setup, that being undez, my clan, cracked and perhaps respect, everyone else? They expected and demanded something a lot easier. So when it came down to it, those people quitting -> lower population -> us bitching at them for letting it happen -> us, casuals and new players demanding an easier way for new-comers to get into the game and on par with us in order for a higher population, as it was on the launch -> admins listening -> admins change -> admins piss off casuals as it took those "casuals", that were willing to play under these rates ages and ages to get where they were only to realize that new people now already outlevel/farm them by creating a new char. -> CZ still havent changed much, simply because of the fact that - while there are few new players, the casuals quit -> ..... You see where I'm going with that?

You can't always please everybody. The server was great - still is. The only reason it came to this is because they listened to its community and in exchange you get a population dropping more and more by the day, if they hadn't listened and just - didn't care, things would look differently, sure maybe no 700s or more players, but you'd still definitely see your odd 250+ people online as it was for weeks before they gave in to the whine. And no offense, but some of your clannies constantly whining and bitching and behaving the way they do? Not helping. :P If you had the intention to quit, just do so - why the need to make a big drama out of everything.

Lack of communication? Are you kidding me? They were on IRC and the forums 24/7, every time one of your little minions came storming in because a worm would take 1 durability away of his precious weapon, they were there attending to their needs and fixing whatever needed to be fixed. Just because they chose to ignore YOU doesn't mean they ignored everyone else...

Listen to the suggestions of the players? That again? Let me see, players demanded easy starts for new players - they got easier rates, it still wasn't enough for them so they were made level 50 with starter gear as people had REQUESTED on the forums... Still not enough? They were made 60, as opposed to the suggestions on forums wanting them to be made 65 even. What else was there? oh right, drop rates? Yeah, because... farming bus in a farm server so hard! Oh god! I only get 30 bus/hour on uruk hais, this is stupid! I quit! stupid server! I have to farm here to actually get something! As I already said on forums and irc, the reason this server is dead is because they actually DID listen. If they had pulled a K2 on us and just ignore all the whiny little fucking demands they've been getting, this server would still be up and running.

Granted, they did screw up, they did a lot things that should have been done differently, but... none of which you are whining and complaining about.
    OK Kid.

Bunny made the server inactive.

Removing bunny killed the server.

And well, I think this was an idea from the staff and not from the players? (sure, the players asked for easier exp... but not free exp)

I still think they made the wrong choice by deleting the bunny completely, they should have capped it. Would have made it easier for low lvls to catch up, and if they saw those 65+ exp, they would exp as well. Now they just quit.
    Anyways... figs after easter.

I kinda hope they relaunch this server, and look at what the majority of the people wants. (don't make polls... look around in different topics, what do people like? What do people hate, etc). I still think this could be one of the greatest private servers ever, if they do it right. For the rest, big +1 to josh his post.

Exceptional

the biggest problem was that they were so hungry for money <.< job change killed that server as we all know...

I'm still wondering who thought it would be a good idea to implement that bunny. That person deserves to be slapped.

I also agree that job class shouldn't even be in the PUS. It allows people to simply change to a Mage or priest, gt mastered and go back to the class they want.

That has no place in a farm server. Anyways I hope you guys have some decent plans for the future of the server. It was fun and nostalgic, and I have no doubt that if it relaunched with the security as it is now, it'll own.

Minus parasitic.

With all due respect to all individuals involved in this, *cough*, "discussion" , I don't see how anyone can make the assumption that twostars has a complex, or an ego issue. Sure, he may come off as "arrogant" or "cocky", but in reality it's just sureness and confidence. People flame and insult him, but I've never seen him stoop to that level to flame and insult someone else in the same context.

I think people are just mad because you will not find any satisfaction in "attacking" him due to his straight and to the point mature responses. Makes you mad when you don't get the reaction you were expecting to get, right? Right.

The same people pointing fingers here and judging are the same people with real issues (based on what I've read from said-individuals previous posts and my previous contact with a few of "them"/"you").

Anyway, people will be people -_-

I am Timmeh Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vincents View Post
    With all due respect to all individuals involved in this, *cough*, "discussion" , I don't see how anyone can make the assumption that twostars has a complex, or an ego issue. Sure, he may come off as "arrogant" or "cocky", but in reality it's just sureness and confidence. People flame and insult him, but I've never seen him stoop to that level to flame and insult someone else in the same context.

I think people are just mad because you will not find any satisfaction in "attacking" him due to his straight and to the point mature responses. Makes you mad when you don't get the reaction you were expecting to get, right? Right.

The same people pointing fingers here and judging are the same people with real issues (based on what I've read from said-individuals previous posts and my previous contact with a few of "them"/"you").

Anyway, people will be people -_-
    I agree completely with what you said...

Warrior of the Brocoli Senior Member Parasitic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KonohaFlash View Post
    I'm still wondering who thought it would be a good idea to implement that bunny. That person deserves to be slapped.

I also agree that job class shouldn't even be in the PUS. It allows people to simply change to a Mage or priest, gt mastered and go back to the class they want.

That has no place in a farm server. Anyways I hope you guys have some decent plans for the future of the server. It was fun and nostalgic, and I have no doubt that if it relaunched with the security as it is now, it'll own.

Minus parasitic.

For the record, I was against both the bunny and the class change

Banned Member

To be honest, you guys are going a lil harsh on KOTastic in general. I played KOTastic at the 1st and 2nd official launch. The server isnt even that bad. Twostars, Shurt, Parasitic and all of em did a darn good job on the server. At this stage, most farm servers would be gone, or only have 20 people on. When your servers community goes drasticly ( Typo xD ) down, you have to try and act quick to get those players back. That can cause mistakes. Honestly, who would wanna try to catch up to people already lv 62+ geared, if the EXP rates stayed the same. Same with the Fantastic Worm, which helped shorten the farming time of crystals and stuff. I have talked to Twostars before, Almost everytime im on the IRC Channel, and hes no where near a immature turk. Just some players dont really see how he thinks I guess.

No matter what happens, there will always be one person that disagree's, or will try to mess up the server. Thats why theres a balance. You cant have Stupid people, without those who are smart. And we all try to have one specific thing, without thinking of the consequences, thats why 80% of these servers fail.

Quote Originally Posted by schrotti View Post
    Yeah, but don't you see the problem with that? There's only a few clans willing to go with the server's original setup, that being undez, my clan, cracked and perhaps respect, everyone else? They expected and demanded something a lot easier. So when it came down to it, those people quitting -> lower population -> us bitching at them for letting it happen -> us, casuals and new players demanding an easier way for new-comers to get into the game and on par with us in order for a higher population, as it was on the launch -> admins listening -> admins change -> admins piss off casuals as it took those "casuals", that were willing to play under these rates ages and ages to get where they were only to realize that new people now already outlevel/farm them by creating a new char. -> CZ still havent changed much, simply because of the fact that - while there are few new players, the casuals quit -> ..... You see where I'm going with that?

You can't always please everybody. The server was great - still is. The only reason it came to this is because they listened to its community and in exchange you get a population dropping more and more by the day, if they hadn't listened and just - didn't care, things would look differently, sure maybe no 700s or more players, but you'd still definitely see your odd 250+ people online as it was for weeks before they gave in to the whine. And no offense, but some of your clannies constantly whining and bitching and behaving the way they do? Not helping. :P If you had the intention to quit, just do so - why the need to make a big drama out of everything.
    Can't control what everyone sais in our clan but we had to whine at times because the admins were making the wrong decisions and they refused to listen to us and twostars would usually just say "if you don't like it, quit please, it might even the server out". Doesn't look like that worked out quite well two.

They should add bdw, bifrost etc and just return with a new server in a few months with KI rates and everything properly implemented and planned out, maybe remove some certain members from there staff also.

When there was still 250 people online they made the mistake of pissing off the people already playing there and trying too hard to get new players. /rant over

Warrior of the Brocoli Senior Member Parasitic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silentdj View Post
    Can't control what everyone sais in our clan but we had to whine at times because the admins were making the wrong decisions and they refused to listen to us and twostars would usually just say "if you don't like it, quit please, it might even the server out". Doesn't look like that worked out quite well two.

They should add bdw, bifrost etc and just return with a new server in a few months with KI rates and everything properly implemented and planned out, maybe remove some certain members from there staff also.

When there was still 250 people online they made the mistake of pissing off the people already playing there and trying too hard to get new players. /rant over
    Other than myself, who might that include? I know everyone saw me as a huge asshole to people on IRC/forums, but the majority of the the time, when people had a legitimate problem, I actually helped people with their problems.

I also know I've been asked to be professional, and I am when I can, but I am not going to sit there and listen to some one drone on and on about something when an answer has been given already, is deliberately disrespecting myself or the other staff members, or trolling in general. Jeff has said it himself, undez is a troll clan, and they're the majority of the people I muted/kicked/banned from irc and the forums.

If a few people left because they didn't like me or how I dealt with their nonsense, oh well, we're better off without whiners like them.

Banned Member

Quote Originally Posted by Parasitic View Post
    Other than myself, who might that include? I know everyone saw me as a huge asshole to people on IRC/forums, but the majority of the the time, when people had a legitimate problem, I actually helped people with their problems.

I also know I've been asked to be professional, and I am when I can, but I am not going to sit there and listen to some one drone on and on about something when an answer has been given already, is deliberately disrespecting myself or the other staff members, or trolling in general. Jeff has said it himself, undez is a troll clan, and they're the majority of the people I muted/kicked/banned from irc and the forums.

If a few people left because they didn't like me or how I dealt with their nonsense, oh well, we're better off without whiners like them.
    +999999999999

Most dont really look at it, but the people who kept whining about stuff was mostly the players who stayed. All the other ones asked for was a wipe, the others asked for unnecesarry stuff. This topic alone here said it will not have no rofd patch and after stuff. And when i heard they will add BiFrost and BDW, i had to leave, cause i wanted the old KO expierence.

Quote Originally Posted by Parasitic View Post

ahh don't give yourself too much credit, no body that i know left because of your pathetic GM skills , we were willing to play even though you and twostars were favoring clans by adjusting rules, fixing useless bugs that have never ever been touched in KO and general GM abuse from yourself, we just can not play on a dead server.

You know... not to 'beat a dead horse' or anything but, I really didn't see any other clans complaining about it when you guys won CSW...

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    12-05-2016, 04:04 PM
  2. Hits: 1
    03-14-2015, 12:10 PM
  3. Hits: 1
    07-31-2014, 05:42 AM
  4. Hits: 1
    11-12-2013, 03:52 PM
  5. Hits: 6
    05-21-2013, 12:09 PM
  6. Hits: 6