Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

KOTastic Version 2.0!

This is a discussion on KOTastic Version 2.0! within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; As I'm sure you all know, the server hasn't been looking so great lately. Our numbers have dwindled down to ...
Page: 1

Default KOTastic Version 2.0!

As I'm sure you all know, the server hasn't been looking so great lately. Our numbers have dwindled down to less than 30. This obviously makes everything in the game substantially more difficult, if not impossible. As such, we are left with only one choice and it's an unfortunate one. We will be wiping the server.

None of the staff are overly excited about this, but it is literally the only option that we have to make any sort of real impact on the life of the server. On September 29, the server will go down to apply a number of patches and prepare for the re-launch of KOTastic. It will be down for 1 week, and on October 6, it will re-launch. When you first log in, the server will be completely fresh, everyone back to level 1 with no items. At this point, some of you might be asking how starting everyone at level 1 is going to fix anything at all, which is a fair question. The rates for numerous aspects of the game are going to be radically changed. XP rates will be far easier, resulting in approximately 3 weeks to reach the maximum level for casual XP. The drop rates on a number of items, mostly high class items, will be increased along with the drop rate for Blessed Upgrade Scrolls. The rates at the anvil will stay roughly the same however, so that the server does not become flooded with +8 high class items within the first month. That would be a disservice to everyone, in our opinion. When the server relaunches, it will also include the ever-promised-but-never-delivered Bifrost and BDW. Most of the bugs appear to be out of BDW and Bifrost seems to be working perfect, so we feel as if they are finally ready to be launched. Concerning the purchased KC and donations, as a compensatory measure, we will be refunding 20% of all purchased KC. To break that down, that means if you purchased 1000 KC total, from the time that the server launched until right now, you will receive 200 KC back. This is unfortunate for the players, we understand, but refunding all of the KC would flood the server with very, very cheap scrolls and other PUS items at a very early point in the game, which we don't think would be a very good idea. [Ignore this bit. Read below]

Changes are going to be made behind-the-scenes as well. Twostars has elected to step down. He'll still be around to help me out with any annoying development problems, but he will not, under any circumstances, be helping deal with the community. I will be stepping out of the public light as well, and focus completely on development and keeping the server running smoothly. That leaves an obvious lack of GMs in-game. To counteract that, we will be taking applications from select members to help out with GM'ing the server. More information on that will be posted on the forum shortly. In addition to the recruitment of new GMs, GM's will also be given names, such as "GM_01" or, "GM_02". This will be done to provide anonymity to the GMs and make everything more professional. GMs in-game will be available to answer small questions or help with minor annoyances. However, if more serious help is required, the player will be required to use our support ticket system, which will be enabled during the downtime. GMs will also be taking a far more active role in-game, by having a minimum of three GM events per week. These events can range from a simple Find the GM event to a traditional boss event to whatever the GM feels like doing. Another change being made behind-the-scenes is that we will no longer be unbanning people randomly. That only serves to make the staff look incompetent, which obviously isn't the goal. We fell into this trap last time mostly by my doing. While I have played KO for more than 7 years, this was my first time running an actual private server for other people, and as such, I was unaccustomed to the community aspect of things. Now that I have some experience under my belt, that will change. First of all, a proper rules page is going to be put up and it will detail the most commonly broken rules and their punishments. For more serious infractions, it will come down to a staff decision as to what the proper punishment shall be. The page detailing these rules will be available at the end of this post, as well as a link inside My KOL on the panel itself.

We understand that many of these changes are rather drastic to the overall climate of the server, but we really do not want this server to die off. We have had a lot of fun being server owners and would not want it to end quite so soon. We hope that with all of these changes, we can attract new and old players alike. Hopefully, despite our missteps in-game, we have proven that our server, from a technical standpoint, is as stable as ever which will renew the faith of those that decided to look elsewhere after our initial launch, way back in July.

We hope to see you all back on October 6!

Panel: KO Tastic! | Index
    Forum: KO Tastic!

Edit: Thanks to Vincent's excellent idea, we will be changing our method of refunding the KC. You will still not get it in one lump sum, however, you will receive 20% of your total purchased KC each week for 5 weeks. I understand this isn't the ideal for everyone, but hopefully you fall into the minority, because the alternatives to this are either our original plan, or we refund all of the KC in one lump sum and watch the PUS systematically destroy the economy. Hopefully, by refunding 20% of the total purchased KC each week for five weeks, everyone will be happier.
    Last edited by Shurt; 09-29-2011 at 06:05 AM.

Banned Member

I want all my money back or refunded. Or I will sue you to the full extent of the law. HOw your gonna wipe the server, and not refund the money back fully. That is a scam. We didnt mess up the server, we helped the server by donating our hard working money, to get nothing back -.-

no offense , but if you dont fix the problem from the root it'd be the same.

Don't agree at all with the KC refund of 20% considering the short life span of the server, but I do understand the concept. Still think everyone should be refunded 100% of what they payed for.

Best of luck, glad to see this project isn't abandoned, kind of unmotivating seeing so many servers disappearing

Quote Originally Posted by Vincents View Post
    Don't agree at all with the KC refund of 20% considering the short life span of the server, but I do understand the concept. Still think everyone should be refunded 100% of what they payed for.

Best of luck, glad to see this project isn't abandoned, kind of unmotivating seeing so many servers disappearing
    We thought long and hard about what we could do and refunding it all would ruin the economy of the server for any and all PUS items for quite awhile after the re-launch. If there was anything that we could do to alleviate this problem, we would. As it stands, this is our best option (and one that we wish we had a better solution to).

i keed bro Senior Member IIdarkkillerII's Avatar

It would be nice if u disabled PUS on the first days.

Quote Originally Posted by IIdarkkillerII View Post
    It would be nice if u disabled PUS on the first days.
    May I ask why? I'm not saying that can't happen, I'm just curious as to the reasoning behind the suggestion.

I am Timmeh Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by CursedKOTeam View Post
    I want all my money back or refunded. Or I will sue you to the full extent of the law. HOw your gonna wipe the server, and not refund the money back fully. That is a scam. We didnt mess up the server, we helped the server by donating our hard working money, to get nothing back -.-
    I would really like to see that :P

Why disable PUS?

Btw, this is a good idea. Relaunching it with Bifrost and with BDW.

I hope everyone that was playing from the beginning is going to be coming back to the server!

Good luck relaunching this baby :O

One very important question though; Is para still going to be a GM?

i keed bro Senior Member IIdarkkillerII's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shurt View Post
    May I ask why? I'm not saying that can't happen, I'm just curious as to the reasoning behind the suggestion.
    Because exp scrolls and such give a decent advantage to people using them , specially on lvl 1-50. It was just a suggestion but seeing u have those exp scrolls for -40 i think it was kinda stupid.

How about you refund 20% at start and the remaining 80% after like 30 days?

Quote Originally Posted by Chemical View Post
    One very important question though; Is para still going to be a GM?
    I'm going to be asking each of the GMs whether or not they would like to stay on-board. For our current GMs, it'll be up to them. Also, the GM applications section of our forum will be up later tonight, giving people a chance to apply to the staff.

Banned Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shurt View Post
    We thought long and hard about what we could do and refunding it all would ruin the economy of the server for any and all PUS items for quite awhile after the re-launch. If there was anything that we could do to alleviate this problem, we would. As it stands, this is our best option (and one that we wish we had a better solution to).
    How can that be the best you can do? There are over 200+ people who have donated on the behalf on your server. And you can only refund 20% of our money? Not including the time and effort we put in to make YOUR server better and populated. If i do not recieve my money, or my full refund, you will be hearing from my lawyer cause technically this is a online scam. Just like when playstation got hacked, the playstation network had to refund 2 games and playstation plus to everyone, because they knew they fucked up, not us. So if i dont get my money, you will hear from my lawyer, and i will see you in court. You and your staff, and whoevers in charge. It will be investigated. And this server will not be reopened October 6th until your staff has been thoroughly investigated.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by CursedKOTeam View Post
    So basically your telling me you go back to the grocery store every week and demand all your money back because you've eaten your food and you dont have any left? We are not going to refund someone whos spent ALL their KC during the months we've had the server. They've bought the currency, have spent it, and no longer have it.

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 2
    09-07-2012, 09:20 PM
  2. Hits: 3
    12-09-2011, 11:15 PM