Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 LastLast

KOTastic Version 2.0!

This is a discussion on KOTastic Version 2.0! within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by Zealous Prodigy, tread lightly. The ass bandit and his backstreet boys all wills always try to forum-gank ...
Page: 19

Quote Originally Posted by Zealous View Post
    Prodigy, tread lightly. The ass bandit and his backstreet boys all wills always try to forum-gank you. Don't know why you're bragging about loving the cock Parasitic, despite the fact that your batting for the other team I doubt your hitting any homeruns (homoruns, for those pun-fans out there) - from what I remember from the photo thread, your one of the most minger bumlords i've ever seen. I'd of thought gays that were attention seeking enough to colour code forums posts pink would atleast care what they look like IRL.
    hahhaha made me giggle

This what I'm thinking:

Why not take another week off before going live ? Translate the panel for the turkish and the spanish ? Hire a turkish and spanish GM ?

From a player's perspective here was the main beefs people had with the KOTastic 1.0.

- GM's were non-existant in game, they trolled forums and IRC.
    - EXP was too hard for a private server.
    - Downtime was ridiculous. *****
    - Lack of updates BIG TIME!
    * It's funny , the attitude stressed by certain admins - as if the community would just stick around to suck their dick because of their notoriety in the programming community or ko4life forums. Reality check eh ! :P
    - GM hosted events disappeared after a week or two.
    - The bunny
    - Staff listened to too many players or clan(s), "We do not negotiate with Terrorists" was forgotten.

* Although the anvil is hard and set that way for a reason, I know of a few guys that were easily discouraged by their attempts on the anvil. Just a side thought.

So yea, I don't think BDW or Bifrost is the big solution to any of it. But hey, your call.

PS : Parasitic

Want to do this server and yourself a favor ? Get comfortable with the skin you're in. Don't play into this online game.

Warrior of the Brocoli Senior Member Parasitic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by R4WTekniq View Post
    This what I'm thinking:

Why not take another week off before going live ? Translate the panel for the turkish and the spanish ? Hire a turkish and spanish GM ?

From a player's perspective here was the main beefs people had with the KOTastic 1.0.

- GM's were non-existant in game, they trolled forums and IRC.

That's bullshit, I was ingame every time any one had a problem, and I logged in for 2-3 hours a day* otherwise to deal with other things, and just in general to talk to people. That's just me, Phantom, Shurt, and Twostars were ingame plenty.

* - This was after I quit, before that, I was reporting issues to the other gms as I played my regular character.

- EXP was too hard for a private server.
    - Downtime was ridiculous. *****
    - Lack of updates BIG TIME!

We updated you when we had them, instead of wasting our time giving them every day when there was nothing new to report.

* It's funny , the attitude stressed by certain admins - as if the community would just stick around to suck their dick because of their notoriety in the programming community or ko4life forums. Reality check eh ! :P
    - GM hosted events disappeared after a week or two.
    - The bunny
    - Staff listened to too many players or clan(s), "We do not negotiate with Terrorists" was forgotten.

* Although the anvil is hard and set that way for a reason, I know of a few guys that were easily discouraged by their attempts on the anvil. Just a side thought.

So yea, I don't think BDW or Bifrost is the big solution to any of it. But hey, your call.
    PS : Parasitic

Want to do this server and yourself a favor ? Get comfortable with the skin you're in. Don't play into this online game.
    Not sure exactly what you're getting at.

If you want me to step down as a GM, once again, no. I do my job and I do it well, I'm just not everyone's favorite person.

If you're implying I shouldn't play at all, I don't, I quit when Shurt and Twostars approached me, they told me I could play or GM, I chose to GM.

If it's something else, please, enlighten me.

I'm essentially telling you not to entertain the bad mouthing. Period. Do as you will though, I'm not your mommy.

I'm essentially telling you not to entertain the bad mouthing. Period. Do as you will though, I'm not your mommy.
    Thanks, but I'd rather try (no matter how fruitless it may be) to silence it rather than ignore it and let it get out of hand.

Prodigy, tread lightly. The ass bandit and his backstreet boys all wills always try to forum-gank you. Don't know why you're bragging about loving the cock Parasitic, despite the fact that your batting for the other team I doubt your hitting any homeruns (homoruns, for those pun-fans out there) - from what I remember from the photo thread, your one of the most minger bumlords i've ever seen. I'd of thought gays that were attention seeking enough to colour code forums posts pink would atleast care what they look like IRL.
    Jajajajajaja i loled at this.

Anyways. Yo Prod, forget about this topic and server. It will ride the fail train as the original one did.

From the beginning Senior Member EG4L's Avatar

lolololololol

You have just won the internet!

Never bragged about being gay.
    I had nothing to do with Prodigy getting that infraction.
    I don't have to list every person I've had sex with (like you'd believe me anyways) in order to defend myself.
    Any picture you may have seen of me is irrelevant, I never look good in photos, because you're right, the majority of the time I do not care.
    There are a few reasons why I type in pink, none of them have anything to do with my sexuality, which is sad that all you seem to fixate on it.

But, why are we arguing about this, how is it in any way relevant to KO, this private server, or any issue anyone may have with it.

Oh yeah, that's right, everyone hates me, and they can't find any legitimate reason why I should no longer be a staff member, so all you idiots band together to attack me on a personal level.

You may call me, or my "forum ganking buddies" pathetic, but it's a whole new level of sad when all of you get together to attack one person.

Quote Originally Posted by Parasitic View Post
    Never bragged about being gay.
    I had nothing to do with Prodigy getting that infraction.
    I don't have to list every person I've had sex with (like you'd believe me anyways) in order to defend myself.
    Any picture you may have seen of me is irrelevant, I never look good in photos, because you're right, the majority of the time I do not care.
    There are a few reasons why I type in pink, none of them have anything to do with my sexuality, which is sad that all you seem to fixate on it.

But, why are we arguing about this, how is it in any way relevant to KO, this private server, or any issue anyone may have with it.

Oh yeah, that's right, everyone hates me, and they can't find any legitimate reason why I should no longer be a staff member, so all you idiots band together to attack me on a personal level.

You may call me, or my "forum ganking buddies" pathetic, but it's a whole new level of sad when all of you get together to attack one person.
    SO LET'S GO.

I've said it before, i'll say it again. Your a faggot cause you nosh bollucks; you have pink text because your attention seeking - even a bigot like myself can distinguish that much. And p-p-please don't talk to me about you gaynal shinenegans; with a face like yours, those homeruns you think your hitting are nothing more than foul balls (next level pun on foul balls, for those still following at home).

Oh, attacking you on a personal level? Boo hoo bro, the fact that plenty of peeps dislike you on a personal level - which is, in and of itself, a legitimate reason why you shouldn't be an staff member.

SO LET'S GO.

I've said it before, i'll say it again. Your a faggot cause you nosh bollucks; you have pink text because your attention seeking - even a bigot like myself can distinguish that much. And p-p-please don't talk to me about you gaynal shinenegans; with a face like yours, those homeruns you think your hitting are nothing more than foul balls (next level pun on foul balls, for those still following at home).

Oh, attacking you on a personal level? Boo hoo bro, the fact that plenty of peeps dislike you on a personal level - which is, in and of itself, a legitimate reason why you shouldn't be an staff member.
    Not liking some one means he shouldn't be a GM? How many GMs did you actually LIKE in USKO? Or any other private server for that matter? You, and anyone else who believes that's a legitimate reason for me to step down, are complete idiots.

I don't even know why I bother with idiots like you. My previous point remains valid, "I don't like Para so let's see how much we can piss him off by poking fun at every one of his personal imperfections, because I can't think of any real reason he shouldn't be here."

Well, have fun with that, I'm done with it, if anyone else has any questions regarding the server and would like to bring them up here or on the KO-Tastic forums, you can expect/hope for an answer from Shurt or Phantom, maybe twostars.

Quote Originally Posted by Parasitic View Post
    Not liking some one means he shouldn't be a GM? How many GMs did you actually LIKE in USKO? Or any other private server for that matter? You, and anyone else who believes that's a legitimate reason for me to step down, are complete idiots.

I don't even know why I bother with idiots like you. My previous point remains valid, "I don't like Para so let's see how much we can piss him off by poking fun at every one of his personal imperfections, because I can't think of any real reason he shouldn't be here."

Well, have fun with that, I'm done with it, if anyone else has any questions regarding the server and would like to bring them up here or on the KO-Tastic forums, you can expect/hope for an answer from Shurt or Phantom, maybe twostars.
    Wrong, mutual respect between staff and the gaming community is key for the success of private server. Using USKO as example isn't the quite same.

If you will, think of it like this; knight online servers are drugs and the staff are like the drug dealers. USKO was an established drug; people knew it. People liked it. Just like a good drug does, it sold itself, regardless of whether the pusher was a bit cunty or not. The fact that is was operated by an organized (using the term loosely, I know) company, or cartel for the sake of this analogy, means it has some degree of trustability also.

However, your new drug (server) is like a new drug on market - in a market where many new equally-shitty drugs are released on a regular basis. Coming from weakened marketable-potential, the least you could do to get people hooked on your drug is not have muppetty distributors with exaggerated rainbow-pride and unlikable demeanors.

Wrong, mutual respect between staff and the gaming community is key for the success of private server. Using USKO as example isn't the quite same.

If you will, think of it like this; knight online servers are drugs and the staff are like the drug dealers. USKO was an established drug; people knew it. People liked it. Just like a good drug does, it sold itself, regardless of whether the pusher was a bit cunty or not. The fact that is was operated by an organized (using the term loosely, I know) company, or cartel for the sake of this analogy, means it has some degree of trustability also.

However, your new drug (server) is like a new drug on market - in a market where many new equally-shitty drugs are released on a regular basis. Coming from weakened marketable-potential, the least you could do to get people hooked on your drug is not have muppetty distributors with exaggerated rainbow-pride and unlikable demeanors.
    lol gg analogy

I know I've been rather quiet lately, but we've been busy behind-the-scenes. Rather than some long narrative (because, I've been told, nobody likes my awesome wall o'text's) I'll bullet-point it.

▪ Firstly, the launch date. We are going to be pushing it back by a week. Now, before everyone gets in a fit over this, read why we are doing this and if you still have concerns, I'll try to address them. We recently applied a rather complicated patch to the AI server and, while we're always confident in our work, we would greatly prefer the server not crash on the first day. So, we will be applying that patch and monitoring the server to ensure everything is handling itself properly.
    ▪ Secondly, we were asked to allow the players to beta test the BDW and Bifrost events. We're fairly certain Bifrost is working properly, however, the BDW is new to myself, so we want to be sure it's working as it's intended to.
    ▪ Our staff application section is also up and running and we're accepting new applicants. Please be aware that we might not respond to the thread itself, but we always look into each applicant.
    ▪ Also, for those who might not have seen, we'll be refunding KC using a tiered approach. You'll receive 20% of the total KC that you've purchased, each week over a 5-week period. As for other PUS news, the class change package will be removed from the PUS during the beginning of the server, so that people don't level up a class that they don't really like, just to hit 60 faster.
    ▪ We are also considering another "improvement" to the server (I use quotes, because not everyone is going to see it as an improvement). We are currently considering restricting accounts by IP address. What this means is that each account will be "country-locked", so only IPs from a specific country can log into the server using that account. We are considering this as an attempt to decrease the number of people sharing accounts and, inevitably, getting scammed/banned/some-other-terrible-thing-that-we-have-to-fix. We seriously don't like telling people that we can't help them, simply because they shared their account with a friend. Hopefully this will help to cut down on that problem.

Finally, something on a more personal note. This concerns Parasitic. It's time to end the constant flaming. If you have a LEGITIMATE complaint against him, I'll be happy to hear it. However, him being blunt or otherwise insensitive is not something we're even going to listen to. We don't ask our GMs to be absolutely professional and always polite, because, as a GM, he is VOLUNTEERING his time to help out the server. It should feel like he's volunteering. Parasitic, Phantomlink, Extacy, and everyone else on my staff do not get paid for their amazing work, which is something I'm not sure if everyone really understands. They are simply volunteering. If they were being paid, I might be more inclined to agree that Parasitic should act a very specific way. However, since he isn't, I'm not going to. Parasitic does a good job of being a GM and, while his forum skills could use a bit of work, it's nothing that I'm concerned with. It's his style and I'm alright with that. I know that this mindset seems counter-intuitive to what our goal is (attracting new players) but it actually fits quite well, in my experience. Whenever I have been a GM, being exceptionally professional has led to people not liking me as much. Whereas now, on KOTastic, I've relaxed and people seem to prefer this style of GM'ing (for the most part, some people will always hate me regardless of what I do). I'm not saying that Parasitic's style is neither wrong nor right. It's his style.

If you have any questions, please get in contact with me.

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 2
    09-07-2012, 09:20 PM
  2. Hits: 3
    12-09-2011, 11:15 PM