Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

KOTastic Version 2.0!

This is a discussion on KOTastic Version 2.0! within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by CursedKOTeam How can that be the best you can do? There are over 200+ people who have ...
Page: 2

Quote Originally Posted by CursedKOTeam View Post
    How can that be the best you can do? There are over 200+ people who have donated on the behalf on your server. And you can only refund 20% of our money? Not including the time and effort we put in to make YOUR server better and populated. If i do not recieve my money, or my full refund, you will be hearing from my lawyer cause technically this is a online scam. Just like when playstation got hacked, the playstation network had to refund 2 games and playstation plus to everyone, because they knew they fucked up, not us. So if i dont get my money, you will hear from my lawyer, and i will see you in court. You and your staff, and whoevers in charge. It will be investigated. And this server will not be reopened October 6th until your staff has been thoroughly investigated.
    So, let me get this straight. You knowingly invested your money into something on the grey side of the law, and you plan to take myself to court before next Thursday? Good luck with that.

Oh, also, Sony did not have to refund anyone anything at all. They did it because it was an excellent public relations move. Sony is also a multi-billion dollar company. So, I don't think the comparison is an accurate one.

If you have any ideas of actual substance, we'd love to hear them. Otherwise, I'm sorry that you don't agree with our plan.

Banned Member

Quote Originally Posted by phantomlink View Post
    So basically your telling me you go back to the grocery store every week and demand all your money back because you've eaten your food and you dont have any left? We are not going to refund someone whos spent ALL their KC during the months we've had the server. They've bought the currency, have spent it, and no longer have it.
    Say if you went to the grocery store, spent your money, and the grocery store knocks on your door, and says your food has been rotten. We will take 80% of you groceries, but you can keep a 20% of your money back. If that sounds right to you, then your the most ignoramus person i ever met.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shurt View Post
    So, let me get this straight. You knowingly invested your money into something on the grey side of the law, and you plan to take myself to court before next Thursday? Good luck with that.

Oh, also, Sony did not have to refund anyone anything at all. They did it because it was an excellent public relations move. Sony is also a multi-billion dollar company. So, I don't think the comparison is an accurate one.

If you have any ideas of actual substance, we'd love to hear them. Otherwise, I'm sorry that you don't agree with our plan.
    quit quoting me!

Banned Member

I knowingly invested my money, but i didnt know you will shut it down in 3 weeks. Sony did that so the wont get SUED. Thats not a public relations move. They was trying to cover their ass

Warrior of the Brocoli Senior Member Parasitic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chemical View Post
    One very important question though; Is para still going to be a GM?
    I have no plans to step down as a GM, I will not however be playing the server.

I realize you may not like how I deal with spammers and idiots on the forums and in IRC, but I have always done my best to help anyone with their problems, ingame, on the forums or in IRC.

I knowingly invested my money, but i didnt know you will shut it down in 3 weeks. Sony did that so the wont get SUED. Thats not a public relations move. They was trying to cover their ass
    "Cover their ass" is business jargon for public relations.

And we did not shut down after three weeks. In fact, it's been eight weeks since our last wipe and around ten since our initial launch, at which point we were inundated by DDoS'ing, which is why we decided to wipe the server the first time around.

Oh, and also, for everyone else: I didn't quite make this very clear in my initial post, but whatever KC you CURRENTLY have on your account will remain untouched, along with any premium days you have. All of that will still be there. Then, the 20% of your TOTAL purchased KC will be added on top of that. My apologies for not clarifying that initially.

Banned Member

"Cover their ass" is business jargon for public relations.

And we did not shut down after three weeks. In fact, it's been eight weeks since our last wipe and around ten since our initial launch, at which point we were inundated by DDoS'ing, which is why we decided to wipe the server the first time around.

Oh, and also, for everyone else: I didn't quite make this very clear in my initial post, but whatever KC you CURRENTLY have on your account will remain untouched, along with any premium days you have. All of that will still be there. Then, the 20% of your TOTAL purchased KC will be added on top of that. My apologies for not clarifying that initially.
    Ohh Excuse me, now your trying to use your public relations ( Still covering your ass ) to try to stop other people from claiming what they rightfully should get, which is their total refund. The money we spent, you couldve updated your security from a ddos attack. For what we know, you couldve easily planned your DDoS attack on youself, just to gain more money. How should we not get all of our money back due to the lack of taking responsibilities in the faults of your server. And you have yet to answer my question how is it right to only give 20% of your total money back.

Warrior of the Brocoli Senior Member Parasitic's Avatar

Ohh Excuse me, now your trying to use your public relations ( Still covering your ass ) to try to stop other people from claiming what they rightfully should get, which is their total refund. The money we spent, you couldve updated your security from a ddos attack. For what we know, you couldve easily planned your DDoS attack on youself, just to gain more money. How should we not get all of our money back due to the lack of taking responsibilities in the faults of your server. And you have yet to answer my question how is it right to only give 20% of your total money back.

If we gave everyone their total KC back, half of the merchants in Moradon would be busy undercutting each other in prices on PUS items, and would ruin the market, then we'd have everyone crying to us to do something about that.

So, as unfair as it may seem, this is the lesser evil of the choices we had when we decided to do this wipe.

Err. Yes, I am using "public relations skills" to smooth this over. Unfortunately for me, I am a psychology major, not a business major, so my skills aren't so great.

And I'm not trying to stop people from wanting that. I understand the sentiment, but it doesn't make (in-game) economical sense to do it. Concerning your DDoS accusation, we did use the funds to purchase another dedicated server, which we are still maintaining in order to prevent the DDoS attacks. Oh, and to DDoS a server (with any sort of success) requires a botnet. I have a few friends, sure, and I'm pretty tech savvy, but I don't have that many friends and I'm not that tech savvy.

I'm sorry that you don't agree with our decision, but it is what is going to be done.

Banned Member

Quote Originally Posted by Parasitic View Post
    If we gave everyone their total KC back, half of the merchants in Moradon would be busy undercutting each other in prices on PUS items, and would ruin the market, then we'd have everyone crying to us to do something about that.

So, as unfair as it may seem, this is the lesser evil of the choices we had when we decided to do this wipe.
    I know what you trying to do. Your trying to scam these people. By you giving 20%, you seem you was trying your best, but actually, if you see what your doing, your not worried about the market of the people. Your worried about the market in your bank account. By you giving 20% back and restarting the server, you are making people buy premium and kc all over again. And you saying everyone will cry to you about something, when they are already crying about the wipe. As you said, you really are being unfair, and I dont know about the rest of the people in this forum, but im not settling for 20%. And if these people want to be scammed for their money, like some fools. They can go ahead and do that, but not me.

I still have like 600KC on my account? Will that get deleted? :O Should I spent it now on something or?!

Quote Originally Posted by Chemical View Post
    I still have like 600KC on my account? Will that get deleted? :O Should I spent it now on something or?!
    No, the 600 KC will still be there, in addition to whatever 20% of your total purchased KC is. Your premium days will remain untouched as well.

We thought long and hard about what we could do and refunding it all would ruin the economy of the server for any and all PUS items for quite awhile after the re-launch. If there was anything that we could do to alleviate this problem, we would. As it stands, this is our best option (and one that we wish we had a better solution to).
    So wait, the PUS is going to be open from day one, but people are only getting 20% back, I don't understand this because what if some rich kid spends lets say 800$ on your PUS, what's the difference really?

Perhaps you could refund everyone a certain amount of KC on a weekly or bi-weekly basis until it is all recovered. I mean, the way I see it, if KOTastic was up for one month, it will only take a month for all of the KC to get back into the server regardless of how much you refund anyway.

This seems more like a money making issue then it does about the players

Banned Member

Err. Yes, I am using "public relations skills" to smooth this over. Unfortunately for me, I am a psychology major, not a business major, so my skills aren't so great.

And I'm not trying to stop people from wanting that. I understand the sentiment, but it doesn't make (in-game) economical sense to do it. Concerning your DDoS accusation, we did use the funds to purchase another dedicated server, which we are still maintaining in order to prevent the DDoS attacks. Oh, and to DDoS a server (with any sort of success) requires a botnet. I have a few friends, sure, and I'm pretty tech savvy, but I don't have that many friends and I'm not that tech savvy.

I'm sorry that you don't agree with our decision, but it is what is going to be done.
    See? as i was saying you just confirmed its not enconomically correct for YOUR wallet. Im not stupid, cause Im a admin myself. It only cost from 100$ - 1,000$ for a dedicated server. Im pretty from UnDeStRuCtAbLeZzZzZz alone, you earned all your money back and possibly more for a dedi. I dont mean to be a pain in the ass, but its a recession. And money is hard to come by, so you messing with my money. Im not a buisness, nor psychology major. But I know my rights. So im using my own Public Relation skills ( Cover my own ass ) from you guys stealing my money. And i know the people on this forum will take the 2 min of their time than the days they put in your knight online to put their signature on a partition to get their money back, and expose your scam.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincents View Post
    So wait, the PUS is going to be open from day one, but people are only getting 20% back, I don't understand this because what if some rich kid spends lets say 800$ on your PUS, what's the difference really?

Perhaps you could refund everyone a certain amount of KC on a weekly or bi-weekly basis until it is all recovered. I mean, the way I see it, if KOTastic was up for one month, it will only take a month for all of the KC to get back into the server regardless of how much you refund anyway.

This seems more like a money making issue then it does about the players
    To be fair, I hadn't thought about a tiered approach to refunding the KC. It is definitely something to look into though. Perhaps something along the lines of 20% every week for five weeks. However, I need to check into a few things first.

CursedKOTeam, does the above suggestion sound more palatable? Mind you, I'm not catering to just you, but we really didn't want to (to use your terms) "scam" everyone, but the idea of refunding thousands upon thousands of KC at one time did not look so great when thinking about the economy.

And, to sum up our little spat, I ask that before you accuse myself and my staff of being greedy, you take a quick look into your own PUS. Iron Necklaces and Iron Belts? Really?

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 2
    09-07-2012, 09:20 PM
  2. Hits: 3
    12-09-2011, 11:15 PM