Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223 LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 338

KOTastic Version 2.0!

This is a discussion on KOTastic Version 2.0! within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Seriously though. You're saying you are considering having the ip restriction implemented because of people being hacked/scammed? I have always ...
Page: 21


  1. #301
    Senior Member Chemical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,127

    Default

    Seriously though. You're saying you are considering having the ip restriction implemented because of people being hacked/scammed? I have always learned that: 1. It's the internet and 2. It's the internet and 3. It's the internet.

    So if you decide to share your info. It is your fault and that's that.

    If you decide to go through with this 'idea' you are definitely going to be losing more people, yes.

  2. #302
    Banned Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    2,943

    Default

    Agreed with chemical.
    Also , how many cases of scams between sharers have there been in the origial ko-tastic? I don't remember more than 1.

  3. #303
    Warrior of the Brocoli Senior Member Parasitic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Houston Tx
    Posts
    3,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coolboyp2 View Post
    Agreed with chemical.
    Also , how many cases of scams between sharers have there been in the origial ko-tastic? I don't remember more than 1.
    You weren't the one who people PM'd about it. There were dozens, many of them got scammed multiple times, some people are so stupid

  4. #304
    To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chapterhouse
    Posts
    1,692

    Default

    Idiots will get scammed whatever the protection in place. The more stuff u try to put in, the more problems u have. Keep things simple. Keep things clean. The less u mess around, the less crap u get.

  5. #305
    Senior Member KonohaFlash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magyk View Post
    Idiots will get scammed whatever the protection in place. The more stuff u try to put in, the more problems u have. Keep things simple. Keep things clean. The less u mess around, the less crap u get.
    Magyk just made a post that makes sense? what is happening to the world?

  6. #306
    MaRiNeChato
    Guest

    Default

    If its about "scam" then do the option to protect the items with a code =] and don't IP block I will lose all my sharer `o-

  7. #307
    Banned Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    2,943

    Default

    Well , like above posts mentioned , they are competing against an official KO server , really bad timing to re-launch ko-tastic.
    Anyways , good luck with it.

  8. #308
    Senior Member KonohaFlash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    198

    Default

    well the official launch isn't until November 1st, so I guess people can have some fun for awhile. Who knows maybe those who will subsequently quit usko due to the dividing of EU/NA will play on it.(I highly doubt this though XD)

  9. #309
    Anime Adicted Senior Member Darktuga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,094

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KonohaFlash View Post
    well the official launch isn't until November 1st, so I guess people can have some fun for awhile. Who knows maybe those who will subsequently quit usko due to the dividing of EU/NA will play on it.(I highly doubt this though XD)

    i think they will just proxy

  10. #310
    Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    nazıland
    Posts
    3,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KonohaFlash View Post
    well the official launch isn't until November 1st, so I guess people can have some fun for awhile. Who knows maybe those who will subsequently quit usko due to the dividing of EU/NA will play on it.(I highly doubt this though XD)
    It'll still be the same old horrible game with way too much crap added to it to make it casual friendly enough so a 5 year old can compete without much of a hassle, you'll still have all the items and skills that made this game so heavily unbalanced ever since ROFD first came out and you'll still have a company sitting behind it that can't even properly speak English. I'm sorry but have you actually seen their forums and website? And the posts on the forums? I was rather excited too at first, a fresh new start for KO? Things to be done right for once? Hell Yeah. But this EUKO? Looks to me like someone's found a way to trick mgame into selling them a very, very cheap hosting license and he's now running the servers from his basement.

  11. #311
    Senior Member Chemical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,127

    Default

    Screw EuroKO. I've donated enough money to them already.

    The only 'problem' with population is the fact that there are 9384574893 private servers out, most of them are different. So for everyone that is looking for something, it's there.

    If let's say this server would be the only private server to play. I still think people would choose this server over a real USKO one, we've all been there and we all have moved on. And we would just have to deal with what the server has to offer.

    But knowing that this is not the fact, that there are actually a bazilion private servers out. You guys seem to be wanting to get even less people for the release.

    You come with the idea of adding 1 ip per account, forgetting the fact that there are people that have played USKO for MANY years together, have become friends and still want to play games together i.e. private KO. They have friends that end up playing with them. They share accounts because sometimes other friends want to log for PK or kill a boss whatever. Why make it your problem when people end up getting scammed? They've played USKO as well. They know how it goes.

    You want to give someone else your info? It's your OWN irresponsibility. I can tell you already that going through with this will make it not even worth coming with a fresh server start. Might aswell keep the server like it is right now, the PK one, cause you won't be getting more people.

    And if the ACTUAL reason of adding ip restrictions is due to the XP being easy or people getting lvl 70 way before others. So be it? It's not like it is going to be hard to get to level 70 anyways, right?

  12. #312
    Senior Member Shurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chemical View Post
    Seriously though. You're saying you are considering having the ip restriction implemented because of people being hacked/scammed? I have always learned that: 1. It's the internet and 2. It's the internet and 3. It's the internet.

    So if you decide to share your info. It is your fault and that's that.

    If you decide to go through with this 'idea' you are definitely going to be losing more people, yes.
    I completely agree with you. However, people constantly talk about how we need to be more professional in this way or that way. Irregardless, given it's obvious unpopularity, it's safe to say that the IP restriction probably will not happen. Which is good for us. More time to work on whatever else we want/need to do.


    Coolboyp2, I don't mean to be rude when I say this, but as Parasitic said, you weren't the person that they PM'd when something happened. We got numerous (I would put the number up over 50, at the very least) PMs asking about whether or not they could be restored because X happened to them after they did Y to player Z or something. That was the initial reason for considering the IP restriction to begin with. Had it been just a couple people, we probably wouldn't have bothered. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case.

  13. #313
    Anime Adicted Senior Member Darktuga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,094

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by schrotti View Post
    It'll still be the same old horrible game with way too much crap added to it to make it casual friendly enough so a 5 year old can compete without much of a hassle, you'll still have all the items and skills that made this game so heavily unbalanced ever since ROFD first came out and you'll still have a company sitting behind it that can't even properly speak English. I'm sorry but have you actually seen their forums and website? And the posts on the forums? I was rather excited too at first, a fresh new start for KO? Things to be done right for once? Hell Yeah. But this EUKO? Looks to me like someone's found a way to trick mgame into selling them a very, very cheap hosting license and he's now running the servers from his basement.
    we will see if id have to bet in which will last long id go all in on EUKO and not on private server
    Last edited by Darktuga; 10-05-2011 at 12:46 PM.

  14. #314
    Senior Member Chemical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darktuga View Post
    we will see if id had to bet in which will last long i will go all in on EUKO and not an private server
    You should go all in on an english class, so you can make sense when you type on a forum.

  15. #315
    Anime Adicted Senior Member Darktuga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,094

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chemical View Post
    You should go all in on an english class, so you can make sense when you type on a forum.
    thx for your advice mr.troll

LinkBacks (?)

  1. Hits: 2
    09-07-2012, 09:20 PM
  2. Hits: 2
    12-09-2011, 11:15 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •