Page 1 of 97 123451151 ... LastLast
Like Tree253Likes

LEGACYKO | ***600+ *** [Lv. 70 / MEDIUM FARM] [KE] [PK Exchange]

This is a discussion on LEGACYKO | ***600+ *** [Lv. 70 / MEDIUM FARM] [KE] [PK Exchange] within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; www.legacyko.com server live - launched MAY 10TH, 2013 O Panel | Forum Background LegacyKO is a medium farm knight online ...
Page: 1

Banned Member

Exclamation LEGACYKO | ***600+ *** [Lv. 70 / MEDIUM FARM] [KE] [PK Exchange]

www.legacyko.com
    server live - launched
    MAY 10TH, 2013O

Panel | Forum

Background

LegacyKO is a medium farm knight online private server. The development team who works behind the scenes is relatively new to KO server development, but we learn quick and hope to grow and learn even more with our future community! We have taken several steps and worked around the clock to provide the best possible playing experience within reasonable means and have implemented a few unique features to improve your gaming experience.

Features

• Interactive KOPanel
    • Security Improvements
    • Auto-Buff NPC's
    • War / CSW / FT
    • TiO - TurnItOff Anti-cheat
    • All skills working
    • All zones working
    • Active Team
    • PK Exchange System
    • Kill/Death Stats

Interactive KOPanel

We have taken the liberty of adding several custom features/elements to our KOPanel with the help of Vincent, using twostars original code as a base. Quack! - Several unique features include live PK feed on the front page (ect: player killed player in colony zone 1 minute ago), Kill/Death stats on character profiles, a Graveyard on character profiles which shows player recently killed by the player you are currently viewing, complete with graphs and other forms of stats. Users are also able to leave comments on other player's character page. Preview - PressKO | Developing -> Character Info

Security Improvements

Several security measures have been put in place to keep your account, it's details, characters and items safe! All user passwords are encrypted and are not even visible by the team working behind the scenes. An item lock feature has been put in place usable through the panel to help users "seal" their items using their Security Pin to make it harder for "hackers" & scammers to get a hold of your hard earned coin and items. Several measures have also been taken to protect the Game Server and all of it's content. We don't claim to be perfect in this department, however -- perfect security is definitely the goal! We will be upfront and state that as of now (load em up script kiddies!) the server has no viable means of DDoS protection -- an issue which will no longer exist during official launch (Current budget is tight).

Auto Buff

Three NPC's have been added to the moradon bridge which will buff passing players, or players who attack them with swift, hp, ac. Currently these NPC's are only located in Moradon but may expand to other zones in the near future or based on community vote approval. An NPC automatically curing players will be placed in both CZ nation bases.

War / CSW / FTW

Self explanatory! LegacyKO will feature scheduled wars, castle siege wars and forgotten temple events as well as a range of other events including but not limited to PvP Competitions, Clan Competitions, Boss Events ect. An entire section will be created for the forum detailing each of these individual events, their information as well as any pertaining schedules. BDW is not currently implemented -- please keep in mind we are currently in a "KE" style phase and will gradually roll out new updates containing new maps, events and content over the course of LegacyKO.

Bi-Frost

Bi-Frost is fully working and 100% USKO-style. We have tweaked the AP/HP of Ego's (lower end bi-frost monster) to give solo players + new players a fair chance at obtaining fragments (note: their drop rates are also slightly lower). All Bi-Frost monsters drop the appropriate fragment which are exchangeable at the chaotic generator. All Bi-Frost monsters drop a higher coin rate than other monsters and also drop "Gold Coins" which can be sold at any NPC for 1,000,000 coins.

TiO - Turn it Off!

TiO is an anti-cheat. TiO doesn't like cheaters, hackers, bots, macros, ect and will promptly disconnect users engaging in such activity. Multiple violations/disconnects by TiO may very well result in a complete ban of your account. We understand the urge to want to get ahead and get a leg up over other players, however we believe (and you should to) that it is in the best interest of the server and it's community that all players play on a equal level playing field. The technology behind TiO is not special, in fact its used on almost every private server with the exception of those running stolen "anti-cheat" code which are packed with malicious code, primarily to use the players internet connection to launch attacks on other servers, networks.

PK System (Skulls)

LegacyKO features a unique PK system which rewards players killing enemy players with "Skulls". These skulls can be exchanged at the Abyss Gem NPC in moradon (near anvil) for various items, primarily scrolls and trinas. Other items may be added during content updates.

Kills/Deaths

Ever wondered how many kills you've accumlated in game? Perhaps you wanted to show your friends how much you suck by showing how many deaths you've accumlated instead. Just kidding. Reguardless, we've included Kill/Death stats on character profiles and will be implementing several features which will go hand in hand with the soon to be KDR system, so be sure to stay tuned.

Droplist

Bugs

Ever tried to get a good night sleep with those pesky little bugs flying on your face at night? How about when they start crawling in your ears and nose? Just kidding. But how about when you are in the middle of a battle, and your skills don't seem to work? Should you have to feel satisfied pressing OK? Not at LegacyKO! We have spent countless hours (and coffee, cigarettes and beer) ensuring that all the annoying little (and some large) bugs have been exterminated, without cutting corners. If you do happen to find one of these dirty little bugs, please bring it to our attention by posting it in the bug report section. Users submitting valid bug reports will be rewarded during official release (even if the bug was discovered in beta sessions).

BONUS!

All players who register and login within the first 3 days of LegacyKO will receive 3 days of free premium!

Credits & Disclaimer

Despite the base files being used to create so called "private servers", we believe respect is due for the legwork that has been done, for free, by a few developers in the KO community which have made all of this possible, because the fact remains, that if it wasn't for them, none of these servers would be at the stage they are at now, not even close. So without further adue (is that how you say it?) We would like to thank the following people & resources (in no particular order) (...except the first one )

• twostars (Countless public releases, resources, and an overall helpful and inspiring individual.)
    • osman
    • blade
    • nero
    • jonny
    • vincent (scammer/jk)
    • longh0rn
    • iamcoolz
    • snoxd.net (Great resource)
    • gamers4life.com (The "still-english" side of KO)
    • pvp-kenti.com

DISCLAIMER: While the LegacyKO team in our minds would love to believe that we have coded this game from scratch, the fact remains we have not. The same applies to the KOPanel. All content located on any server claiming to be owned by the LegacyKO entity, regardless of how it is used, misused and/or displayed is the sole property of it's original owner(s). We hold no copyright (even if we claim we do) to any content stored on any server claimed to be owned by the LegacyKO community, nor do we wish to hold such rights. If you feel your rights have been violated in the creation or the running of LegacyKO, please contact the LegacyKO entitiy. We also hold no direct affiliation to the people and websites mentioned in our credits, we simply offer our thanks to those websites and individuals.

------

Become a part of our new community, join us - LegacyKO.com

More information & updates coming soon,
    LegacyKO
    Last edited by PressKO; 05-12-2013 at 04:31 PM.

Banned Member

Boss Drops
    (URL: PressKO | Developing -> My account | You must login to view by url / image is below)
    Last edited by PressKO; 04-10-2013 at 07:26 PM.
    cop likes this.

had to dig out my account infos here lol
    for some reason i cant register on your forum :|
    PressKO likes this.

Banned Member

Registration seems to be fine, could you give us a bit more information on your problem so we can better assist you?

Quote Originally Posted by PressKO View Post
    Registration seems to be fine, could you give us a bit more information on your problem so we can better assist you?
    E-mails not getting sent/through perhaps? I didn't check, but that'd be my best guess.
    PressKO likes this.

Banned Member

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    E-mails not getting sent/through perhaps? I didn't check, but that'd be my best guess.
    Good catch! we've removed e-mail activation as of now.

Banned Member

Closed Beta will take place sometime today, more details coming soon.

Banned Member

Download links will return shortly..
    Last edited by PressKO; 03-30-2013 at 05:31 PM.

Banned Member

Topic has been updated accordingly. All download mirrors are currently active for the .rar file format of our client (extract using winrar). Beta server has not yet been put online, stay tuned!.

Download - PressKO | Developing ->

All users wishing to participate in our closed beta please reply to this topic. If you are not interested in the closed beta but plan on playing on open beta or official, please also reply, we would love to hear your ideas, comments and suggestions!
    Last edited by PressKO; 03-30-2013 at 05:05 PM.

Wow now I like this. This looks like a decent amount of work and thought has been put into it as well. I like that you made a disclaimer as welll to shut some of these kids up about where the files and who is working behind the scenes trying to figure out who the owner nd shit is. You guys got my vote. Quick question about the Kill/Death thingy. If I get a kill it will add on the kill to my ratio right. So if I am in a party and someone else gets a kill for me, does that kill apply to my KDR?
    PressKO likes this.

Banned Member

Quote Originally Posted by lSacredMarkiS View Post
    Wow now I like this. This looks like a decent amount of work and thought has been put into it as well. I like that you made a disclaimer as welll to shut some of these kids up about where the files and who is working behind the scenes trying to figure out who the owner nd shit is. You guys got my vote. Quick question about the Kill/Death thingy. If I get a kill it will add on the kill to my ratio right. So if I am in a party and someone else gets a kill for me, does that kill apply to my KDR?
    Interesting question -- The system does in fact log party/clan kills as well, I was thinking we could implement it where there would be a Solo Kill counter separate from the rest, but solo + party kills would get combined into total KDR (as even though you are in a party, the entire party is contributing to the kill). So you would have Kills, Deaths, KDR (Adding later today), and Solo kills. The death counter will be left alone.

What do you think?

Banned Member

Download Page back up with proper mirrors. Click -> PressKO | Download

Quote Originally Posted by PressKO View Post
    Interesting question -- The system does in fact log party/clan kills as well
    It doesn't by default, at least -- it doesn't tell you who else was part of the kill specifically. Just who did the final damage; you would have needed to hook the server to get this behaviour: are you sure it's doing so?

Banned Member

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    It doesn't by default, at least -- it doesn't tell you who else was part of the kill specifically. Just who did the final damage; you would have needed to hook the server to get this behaviour: are you sure it's doing so?
    We are currently using a custom .dll which accounts for users in party during the kill, listing the person who got the last hit in the first parameter. Total kills are currently calculated by checking for name only, however we will allow it as a wildcard so we are able to account for the total number of kills both solo and party for the KDR rate, and have a separate counter for the solo kills.

i wana try this serv

Page 1 of 97 123451151 ... LastLast