Page 44 of 97 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494 ... LastLast
Like Tree253Likes

LEGACYKO | ***600+ *** [Lv. 70 / MEDIUM FARM] [KE] [PK Exchange]

This is a discussion on LEGACYKO | ***600+ *** [Lv. 70 / MEDIUM FARM] [KE] [PK Exchange] within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by tobol I have never seen an admin that would care that much about his server, just imagine ...
Page: 44

www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tobol View Post
    I have never seen an admin that would care that much about his server, just imagine checking every single account (prolly more than 400 posted on forum) to restore items, lol. It takes ages and you guys still bitching on him.
    1 guy from OSKO did it aswell

Banned Member

Server is online, our infrastructure has been completely revamped, we don't expect any more issues

Quote Originally Posted by PressKO View Post
    Server is online, our infrastructure has been completely revamped, we don't expect any more issues
    That lasted long, dced already

Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    That lasted long, dced already
    stayed up for about 15 - 20 mins that time... so much for that ingame message from the admin saying there'd be no more downtime and that they had "patched everything" that was causing it. so far i've exp'd from 60 to 62 three times. 20$ im rolled back to 61, 50% or so if/when i get back in. im getting a little annoyed by the whole "here's gold premium, here';s 100% more exp, oh, and when you dc all the xping you did in the last hour will be gone along with the gold premium. enjoy!"

i know the owner is doing his best, and i appreciate that he's restoring items from people losing items via rollback... but until i can get to atleast 65 theres no reason to farm for items... and i doubt highly he'll give me back the exp i've lost.

whoever is ddosing him must be such a smart person. "my server hasnt got enough people in it... I wonder why? maybe its because i dont know how to speak english without google translate, or that my rates are shit and my files are broken.. I KNOW! i'll shut down someone else's server so they cant play a server that they actually like! that'll mean more people playing my server!" ... problem. if someone doesnt like a server, they tend to cheat a lot more frequently and readily than if they have a level of respect for the staff and dont want to ruin the server they're playing on by cheating.

I realize i have a jaded view here since i've yet to lose any decent items, but i'd much rather 100% of the work being done on the server be to get it secured against attacks better and have more frequent backups (and less rollbacks) rather than outkast having to spend 98% of his time restoring items for people who're just going to bitch, whine, and likely leave anyways.

thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by jessupar View Post
    stayed up for about 15 - 20 mins that time... so much for that ingame message from the admin saying there'd be no more downtime and that they had "patched everything" that was causing it. so far i've exp'd from 60 to 62 three times. 20$ im rolled back to 61, 50% or so if/when i get back in. im getting a little annoyed by the whole "here's gold premium, here';s 100% more exp, oh, and when you dc all the xping you did in the last hour will be gone along with the gold premium. enjoy!"

i know the owner is doing his best, and i appreciate that he's restoring items from people losing items via rollback... but until i can get to atleast 65 theres no reason to farm for items... and i doubt highly he'll give me back the exp i've lost.

whoever is ddosing him must be such a smart person. "my server hasnt got enough people in it... I wonder why? maybe its because i dont know how to speak english without google translate, or that my rates are shit and my files are broken.. I KNOW! i'll shut down someone else's server so they cant play a server that they actually like! that'll mean more people playing my server!" ... problem. if someone doesnt like a server, they tend to cheat a lot more frequently and readily than if they have a level of respect for the staff and dont want to ruin the server they're playing on by cheating.

I realize i have a jaded view here since i've yet to lose any decent items, but i'd much rather 100% of the work being done on the server be to get it secured against attacks better and have more frequent backups (and less rollbacks) rather than outkast having to spend 98% of his time restoring items for people who're just going to bitch, whine, and likely leave anyways.

thoughts?
    DDosing is very hard to stop unless you spend stupid money on servers that can handle crazy amounts of traffic

I know that it takes "a lot" to stop a DDoS attack.. I just think this owner isnt handling it very well. in one of his (or his admin's, i dont feel like going to their laggy forum and finding it to link) posts he'd said they will be attacking the ddossing parties back until they lay off; doubt that's happening at all, and if it is, good luck. its just going to piss off a hornet's nest if they have a botnet, and if they dont maybe it'll work; as i said, good luck.

also an ingame announcement that bullshits people into thinking they've somehow managed to "patch the problem" - you cant just apply a patch and not get attacked anymore.. but trying to bullshit your server's community into thinking you can then getting taken down within 10 - 15 minutes is pretty funny.

DDosing is very hard to stop unless you spend stupid money on servers that can handle crazy amounts of traffic
    This.

Attacking isnt cheap though, we are not giving up, and Kast isnt going anywhere.

depending what you have access to DDoSing actually isnt far from cheap. what's the expensive part? i'll assume the attacker (if its 1 person) has access to a botnet or internet cafe. if multiple people, its possible a few people are co-ordinating an attack on your server at once. even with a couple computers a peice i still dont see the part that "isnt cheap"

Quote Originally Posted by Jamm1n View Post
    This.

Attacking isnt cheap though, we are not giving up, and Kast isnt going anywhere.
    I dont understand why his server is being targetted over the others, OSKO doesn't have such problems, there are turk servers with loads more users online, they dont drop neither does SexyKO, do they have great defense? Or at this moment, does Legacy have poor defense? Not having a go at Outkast, just trying to get all the answers

I dont understand why his server is being targetted over the others, OSKO doesn't have such problems, there are turk servers with loads more users online, they dont drop neither does SexyKO, do they have great defense? Or at this moment, does Legacy have poor defense? Not having a go at Outkast, just trying to get all the answers

Ask Russian about his problems when he tried to launch a fun, english community based server. I'm not sure if its that the server has more English people on it than most and its getting targeted for that; i don't know if its that sexy and a few others pay protection, or if someone's just decided no more new servers should come out. If I had to guess, and sound a little conspiracy-theory based, there's at least a few people out in the ko world who'll ddos another server for you for a price and attack anyone attacking your server. I know of a few servers who've used services like that in the past, but maybe that was all just a rumour in the first place.

Sexy is out of the question. Bola (i might be wrong xD) has had his shit covered and secure for a while. Rock solid. Osko, wher you there at launch ? It was bad. DCs, you couldnt get in and had to spam the shit of connect while spamming enter too jajajajaja.

I helped out Prof for a couple weeks as a mod on the forum (real life came up, couldnt waste time on games :P). Once he spent the big bucks he was safe. Legacy has a shit load more capacity than it should, even more now lately, just to fend off the DDOS. But they are really persistant and going at it hard. Its not a kid doing this, maybe funded by a kid, but whom ever is doing this is pretty dedicated to succeeding.

Server isnt down atm though, no restart needed. Its just beyond laggy.

Sexy is out of the question. Bola (i might be wrong xD) has had his shit covered and secure for a while. Rock solid. Osko, wher you there at launch ? It was bad. DCs, you couldnt get in and had to spam the shit of connect while spamming enter too jajajajaja.

I helped out Prof for a couple weeks as a mod on the forum (real life came up, couldnt waste time on games :P). Once he spent the big bucks he was safe. Legacy has a shit load more capacity than it should, even more now lately, just to fend off the DDOS. But they are really persistant and going at it hard. Its not a kid doing this, maybe funded by a kid, but whom ever is doing this is pretty dedicated to succeeding.

What type of things are being put into place to sort this problem as far as you know? The forum keeps going down and coming back, i guess a more severe DDos than normal?

i disagree that the server isnt down; just logged in, found that i rolled back about 8% from when i dc'd the first time. tried logging again, ran 5 feet, dc'd again. if it is up it's not capable of letting me stay logged in for more than 10 seconds. guess i'll go back to 2013 and play skyrim or something.

edit; and now their forum's down too. i wonder what it costs per month to get a server that can deal with direct denial of service attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by jessupar View Post
    i disagree that the server isnt down; just logged in, found that i rolled back about 8% from when i dc'd the first time. tried logging again, ran 5 feet, dc'd again. if it is up it's not capable of letting me stay logged in for more than 10 seconds. guess i'll go back to 2013 and play skyrim or something.

Yes thats what DDOS does when it cant crash it. Laggs it down to oblivion. No bosses in CZ, people pking cant verify this. Soruce: I am in CZ. Feel free to play whatever game you want :P no one is holding you on gun point to play with us. Good luck!

Souls, they come with more every time they fail. They try, fail, attack with more, and so on. Right now, they cant bring it down anymore. So its super laggy, this means we are winning . Perhaps a small victory but they are getting mad right now I can assure you this.

Yes thats what DDOS does when it cant crash it. Laggs it down to oblivion. No bosses in CZ, people pking cant verify this. Soruce: I am in CZ.

Souls, they come with more every time they fail. They try, fail, attack with more, and so on. Right now, they cant bring it down anymore. So its super laggy, this means we are winning . Perhaps a small victory but they are getting mad right now I can assure you this.
    Its good you are making some progress, but from a player point of view, the server may aswell be down right now When you do login, you are ingame for about 30 seconds and the risk of rolling back, people are not risking it right now