Page 52 of 97 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
Like Tree253Likes

LEGACYKO | ***600+ *** [Lv. 70 / MEDIUM FARM] [KE] [PK Exchange]

This is a discussion on LEGACYKO | ***600+ *** [Lv. 70 / MEDIUM FARM] [KE] [PK Exchange] within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; DDoS Information What's up guys,First I'd like to apologize for the down-time, I know it's increasingly frustrating and getting out ...
Page: 52

Banned Member

DDoS Information

What's up guys,First I'd like to apologize for the down-time, I know it's increasingly frustrating and getting out of hand, however I have some good news (& bad). Let's start with the good news first

GOOD NEWS

The good is that I have been able to regain access + re-up the panel/forum back online to keep us all connected. I am also able to utilize the down-time to restore items + do some patch work, who knows -- I may be able to finish every single topic in account support tonight. We have also found a 100% sure guaranteed solution to the DDoS attacks (rather large by the way), we have been sitting on the solution since yesterday however our host has not provided us with our new IP yet for us to be able to put in effect, it is all we are waiting for.

The host has not been able to provide an honest ETA but they have promised us it will not be longer than monday morning if we do not receive the IP in the next 12 hours. I was originally offered a temporary IPv6 IP -- but sadly KO is not compatible with it as the engine is too old, so this is what we are waiting on.All of the current existing bugs in the bug report section and in my personal list will also be patched before the server goes back online (ontop of the item restorations).

BAD NEWS

The bad news is that as mentioned above, the delivery of our new IP may take one more day (until monday), sadly I am very disappointed and frustrated and rather embarrassed that I made you all a promise to have this issue resolved today -- I was only going off of the word from our dedicated server provider (bad mistake on my part).

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I really hope everyone maintains their patience (most of you have been very good to me thus far, others not so much ), to those who have provided me with your words of encourage and support, I thank you, you guys are the reason why I have the motivation to continue doing what I do. Theres not a single thing anyone can do to try to make us (LegacyKO) die, we will die when we are ready to, and that is no time soon.

If you guys are wondering why we are getting hit with such large DDoS attacks, well it's quite simple -- other servers are loosing their players to us. If our server wasn't worth playing, it would not be worth wasting such a botnet on.Once again, I am very disappointed and embarrased to have to come to the forum to type up an explanation as to why our server is down and what is being done about it -- what should be posted is that the server is online and new patches + content updates are on the way, but luckily in the next 1 or 2 days we will no longer suffer at the hands of these attacks.

Thank you for understanding, I look forward to seeing you guys back when we return!
    -Outkast

P.S: I know some people may feel like they are helping by attacking servers that attack us -- however I kindly ask everyone to NOT DDoS other servers, we are better than them.
    DDoS Information + News - News - LegacyKO | Knight Online Private Server

ty for letting us know , time to go out lmao

No problem bro, I'll continue to play here. Just try not to make the mistake other private servers make after DDoS attacks of allowing people to pressure you into server wipe etc.

Banned Member

After carpel tunneling my hands restoring items for 400+ characters, I can without a doubt say that we will NEVER EVER EVER be wiping LegacyKO. If it were to die today and relaunch 10 years from now, guess what? Your character will still be there xD
    Oscar, Lokias, Kallop and 3 others like this.

#outkast4prez

Quote Originally Posted by Lokias View Post
    #outkast4prez
    OutKast 2016

Quote Originally Posted by PressKO View Post
    After carpel tunneling my hands restoring items for 400+ characters, I can without a doubt say that we will NEVER EVER EVER be wiping LegacyKO. If it were to die today and relaunch 10 years from now, guess what? Your character will still be there xD
    There will be a day when nothing but a complete wipe will solve the issues on your server. It's in the nature KO private servers. People just doesn't want to play after all the achievements are completed and looking for a fresh start. The only solution would be adding expansion packs to the game which would replace all the previous achievements completely and sadly, people doesn't like custom things in KO. There is literally not many things you can do about this fact. I personally rather a complete wipe much more than seeing a loved server be wasted.

As for the possible boss summon QQ you may get nowadays (just readed a few pages) I can assure you I had more QQ from donators than people QQing about donators. Boss summons, if you use the MYKO rates, is a waste of money unless you're extremely lucky and be able to drop Iron named accessories.

Also just a personal advice to you; if you're the one developing KO panel stop using Twostars panel as an underneath. Believe me, I've developed so many things on it (things much, much, much bigger than KO related stuff) and rewrote most of the parts myself. I don't know if Twostars released a newer version meanwhile and made some huge improvements, but consider using Laravel framework for such projects. It's much better and have a great documentation.

Take ur time we can do something else in this time...

SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar

Boeren and Xristakis like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SheldonCooper View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Zealous View Post
    this is now a GOT thread.

Jamm1n likes this.

ExclusiveBastard likes this.

Looking at their forums and everything but couldnt find a exp rate or anything. Can someone tell me how long it took them to get max level or exp rates?
    thanks

SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar

8-12 hours to 70