Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Legends of KO: Level 70 limited farm server.

This is a discussion on Legends of KO: Level 70 limited farm server. within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by Painful_Truth Why would I open my computer up to outside vulnerabilities? That's just stupid. "Hi, can I ...
Page: 5

Quote Originally Posted by Painful_Truth View Post
    Why would I open my computer up to outside vulnerabilities? That's just stupid. "Hi, can I have a keylogger pls?"

Guess I'll look for a server with a working download link
    afaik (as far as i know T_T) most of these private ko .exe files have to change something in ur registry which will trigger a false-positive.

Besides, this happens a LOT on cracked games...

As for the last part in ur post.
    lmao 95% of the private servers here will give a false positive so good luck finding one which doesn't

Banned

If it's a false positive, it will be a couple of files in the folder. Giving full access of the entire folder to your entire machine is just utter stupidity. This is how people get their gear stolen. People who give this kind of advice should be muted.

P.S. Again with the mention of READING a post before you respond to it.......... I'm not having problems with the launcher, I can't even extract the files. Look at the screenshot in my ORIGINAL POST (come on people, if you're going to argue, READ THE FUCKING POST FIRST) it's clear it has nothing to do with any kind of antivirus.

If it's a false positive, it will be a couple of files in the folder. Giving full access of the entire folder to your entire machine is just utter stupidity. This is how people get their gear stolen. People who give this kind of advice should be muted.

P.S. Again with the mention of READING a post before you respond to it.......... I'm not having problems with the launcher, I can't even extract the files. Look at the screenshot in my ORIGINAL POST (come on people, if you're going to argue, READ THE FUCKING POST FIRST) it's clear it has nothing to do with any kind of antivirus.
    I have read your 1st post and like i said, ur virus scanner is blocking u from extracting (afaik it will block all the files in the .rar even if it suspects 1 file from it)

How about disabling ur anti virus, extract the files to some folder, enable ur anti virus and check it again? 99% sure that it will tell u that the .exe contains a trojan.

Btw, regarding that sentence which i marked in the quote:

People are just trying to help u and ur just being a hippy, 99% of the cracked games contain false positives and ive NEVER EVER been hacked even though i open up my AV for these kinda .exe's.

As i also already said earlier, almost all the private servers here have the same issue regarding false-positives... sooooo gl finding one which doesn't.

but yea do whatever u want, 1 less retard playing on this server

editted:
    rephrased a bit, was kinda harsh :P
    Last edited by doob; 04-01-2011 at 05:19 PM.

If it's a false positive, it will be a couple of files in the folder. Giving full access of the entire folder to your entire machine is just utter stupidity. This is how people get their gear stolen. People who give this kind of advice should be muted. .
    Lol really? Too bad my english sucks and I cannot fully explain but that arguement makes no sense at all.

We all known the .exe and the launcher are false positives, and the rest is clear.
    So why is it stupid to give full acces to a clear folder?
    Once again, people only get their gear stolen cause they act stupid, not cause they disable their antivirus for 2 min when extracting and adding the launcher to their exceptions, then if you still don't trust it you can scan the rest of the files in the folder.

Ofc, cause u know it better, allthough I had the exact same problem (my rar file being corrupted cause my antivirus was deleting files during the extraction)and disabling my antivirus when I extract solved it, but k. You know it better.

People offering to help, but if you are not going to listen then just go look for "your other server" and stop nagging here. Bye.

Why would I open my computer up to outside vulnerabilities? That's just stupid. "Hi, can I have a keylogger pls?"

And people keep wondering how their characters keep getting "hacked" lol.

First time I opened, second time I saved, neither worked, and both folders were promptly deleted after they failed. Guess I'll look for a server with a working download link
    Sometimes antivirusses scans for custom assembly patches, such as importing an external dll, or scans for packed files. That is why most of the antivirusses see it as a false positive.

It is pretty much same on every ko.exe around.

There could be a lot more if they'd fix their download problems
    I just downloaded the client from mirrors. Didn't had problems with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbobox View Post
    OMG server going official today.. server will die in one week ofc.. and also the np event will be crap as the top3 players are medi and his bug abusing gay friends... jesus i belived that they did listen to players but ofc they dont...
    It wasn't an april days joke. By saying "this", I mentioned the next friday. Sorry for causing misunderstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by ThiefShaman View Post
    medi ran from me all day in bowl yesterday, he knew exacly where to run so i wont be able to hit him, everytime he got redball he went to stand on a hill where i cant reach till he get full hp and came back to me over and over..
    Ingame issues belongs to Game Masters. If you can pm Ashe, Poppy, or Ryze they will handle it out.

Banned

If it was blocked by my antivirus, I would get a pop-up in the bottom-right side of my monitor telling me exactly what was blocked, and why. I don't have a freeware version of an antivirus with bigger holes in it then a crack whore.

If it was blocked by my antivirus, I would get a pop-up in the bottom-right side of my monitor telling me exactly what was blocked, and why. I don't have a freeware version of an antivirus with bigger holes in it then a crack whore.
    what antivirus are you using? Can you please check your antivirus history cause i'm like 99% sure it's the cause allthough you say it isn't.

Your the only one having problems downloading/extracting the thing.

Have you tried changing your location when you extract?

Painful if every1 else cept u says its a false positive then u are an idiot to not believe lol..

Banned

Noone has given an explanation as to why his would happen, why would I believe what others say if there is absolutely no merit to what they are saying? Just because I think before I post, and take the time to investigate and troubleshoot my own issues before coming here and expecting other people to solve my problems for me, doesn't mean I am an idiot. I'd advise you to do the same, actually. Those who follow the crowds just to try to fit in are doomed to fail where everyone else does. That's advice you should live by, not only use in knight online.

I am currently running several antivirus and antimalware programs on my machine to keep it safe. McAfee, MalwareBytes, and adaware. None have anything KO related in their quarentined, or suspicious files listings.

I'm done explaining myself on this thread, all the info you need to make an educated guess has already been posted, it's just other people's ignorance that is keeping me posting here, and I'm done giving into it, have fun on your private server before it goes belly up in a week.

Noone has given an explanation as to why his would happen, why would I believe what others say if there is absolutely no merit to what they are saying? Just because I think before I post, and take the time to investigate and troubleshoot my own issues before coming here and expecting other people to solve my problems for me, doesn't mean I am an idiot. I'd advise you to do the same, actually. Those who follow the crowds just to try to fit in are doomed to fail where everyone else does. That's advice you should live by, not only use in knight online.
    At the moment it's pretty much only you failing, everyone else is capable to play.

I am currently running several antivirus and antimalware programs on my machine to keep it safe. McAfee, MalwareBytes, and adaware. None have anything KO related in their quarentined, or suspicious files listings.
    First lesson in computer classes in belgium= never run more than 1 antivirus on your machine. Having more than 1 antivirus installed on your pc will make some antivrusses not work correctly anymore (search google if you want to know why), not sure if this counts for multiple anti-spyware programs as well.
    I'm done explaining myself on this thread, all the info you need to make an educated guess has already been posted, it's just other people's ignorance that is keeping me posting here, and I'm done giving into it, have fun on your private server before it goes belly up in a week.
    Imo it's you whose being ignorant, how many people have told you to try it without your antivirus... you refuse, cause you THINK you are smarter than us. Not much we can do if you don't want to listen to what everyone is saying.

Last attempt: If you open the rar, don't extract it, how many files are in it?

Anime Adicted Senior Member Darktuga's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    Painful if every1 else cept u says its a false positive then u are an idiot to not believe lol..

than if everione says the sky is yellow than its probably yellow Oo dont go there

[]D [] []V[] []D Senior Member T_rey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darktuga View Post
    than if everione says the sky is yellow than its probably yellow Oo dont go there
    Actually yes, if the majority of people thought the sky was yellow, well then the sky would be yellow. Deep thinking, but that's the reason people assume it's blue xD.

haha sorry for going off topic, good luck with the server. <3

Quote Originally Posted by T_rey View Post
    Actually yes, if the majority of people thought the sky was yellow, well then the sky would be yellow. Deep thinking, but that's the reason people assume it's blue xD.

haha sorry for going off topic, good luck with the server. <3
    I get your point and I agree. Main reason why we call a chair a chair and not a table.

Can take it deeper, color doesn't even exist,it's the frequency of the light. All we see is the absorption or reflection of the light which we call "color", simply put. (a tomato reflects the red light, and absorbs all the other light)

off topic is fun free bump

Quote Originally Posted by simontjeuh View Post
    I get your point and I agree. Main reason why we call a chair a chair and not a table.

Can take it deeper, color doesn't even exist,it's the frequency of the light. All we see is the absorption or reflection of the light which we call "color", simply put. (a tomato reflects the red light, and absorbs all the other light)

off topic is fun free bump
    if we actually keep it in normal life and lets not go that deep then we can say that the espression ''blue sky'' is wrong. In reality sky is colorless. Bumb :P

SPiRiT

If new players whant to test beta i can help out abit i have alot of rings that drops from the 2 new bosses in cz and i also have some wep/armor just to get you started so send me a pm if you se me online

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast