Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 274

Legends of KO: Level 70 limited farm server.

This is a discussion on Legends of KO: Level 70 limited farm server. within the Private Servers forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by Painful_Truth Noone has given an explanation as to why his would happen, why would I believe what ...
Page: 6


  1. #76
    Senior Member Aristona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Painful_Truth View Post
    Noone has given an explanation as to why his would happen, why would I believe what others say if there is absolutely no merit to what they are saying? Just because I think before I post, and take the time to investigate and troubleshoot my own issues before coming here and expecting other people to solve my problems for me, doesn't mean I am an idiot. I'd advise you to do the same, actually. Those who follow the crowds just to try to fit in are doomed to fail where everyone else does. That's advice you should live by, not only use in knight online.

    I am currently running several antivirus and antimalware programs on my machine to keep it safe. McAfee, MalwareBytes, and adaware. None have anything KO related in their quarentined, or suspicious files listings.

    I'm done explaining myself on this thread, all the info you need to make an educated guess has already been posted, it's just other people's ignorance that is keeping me posting here, and I'm done giving into it, have fun on your private server before it goes belly up in a week.
    It is understandable you don't want to get a virus in your computer, however all the private KO exe files are same, and it is triggering false-positive virus alerts. It's always been like that. There is not much I can do about it, since I am not good at this. Perhabs someone like Twostars or gg devs at Snoxd would fix that.

    If other private server exes doesn't give virus alerts, then please compare our exe size with others and tell me the difference. I believe it's caused by the packer I used.

    Anyway, on topic, there is almost no bugs on beta except some minor ones. Feel free to get yourself ready for the official release.

    Ps. We need userbars for advertising server easier. Is there anybody who can do it?
    The link should be this topic, because I will update my first post often.

  2. #77
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Emirate of Dubai
    Posts
    1,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aristona View Post
    3. Custom bosses: Custom monsters will be spawned at random times in bowl, and colony zone. These bosses will drop Bifrost gear.
    for the mages: I asked on forum, and gm_warick say that elemental rings (flame ring, shio, imir) increase mages dmg in pvp, so it's nice that it's working ont his server

  3. #78
    Anime Adicted Senior Member Darktuga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,094

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simontjeuh View Post
    for the mages: I asked on forum, and gm_warick say that elemental rings (flame ring, shio, imir) increase mages dmg in pvp, so it's nice that it's working ont his server
    i wonder if they will stay on main -.- cuz the drop rate is incredibale high i think they shouldnt be added b4 the server is a bit older...

  4. #79
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    144

    Default

    Painfull_truth.

    The false positive in ko clients is from contacting an outside dll and exe files. Hackshield in this case most likely.
    Ko developers generally suck at doing anything so, much credits to those who do know what they're doing but sadly there's only 1 or 2 left lol, you get these silly errors.
    Packers could also cause this if there's an algorithm that anti-virus don't like in it.


    I'm not saying this client is save or anything because it's extremely easy to put a virus inside a file when you know that people will put it on their exceptions list.
    Don't download anything from a user or owner that you don't trust. That's my advice.
    Last edited by KingNick; 04-03-2011 at 10:49 AM.

  5. #80
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Emirate of Dubai
    Posts
    1,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darktuga View Post
    i wonder if they will stay on main -.- cuz the drop rate is incredibale high i think they shouldnt be added b4 the server is a bit older...
    I wrote on forum to make this boss very very hard, so it needs huge amount of people to kill it --> it will spice up the pk.... Also like this, in the first few days/weeks, nobody will be able to take it down, pretty much.

    But gm didn't agree with it so Should ask it on the forum.

  6. #81
    UltraSpank
    Guest

    Default

    gonna try it out:> sounds good:>

  7. #82
    Anime Adicted Senior Member Darktuga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,094

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simontjeuh View Post
    I wrote on forum to make this boss very very hard, so it needs huge amount of people to kill it --> it will spice up the pk.... Also like this, in the first few days/weeks, nobody will be able to take it down, pretty much.

    But gm didn't agree with it so Should ask it on the forum.
    lame as hell drop rate is insaly high so those who kill it first will be overpowered as hell since it has huge drop rate... like it happened on beta not fun at all

  8. #83
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Archer combo does not work, however archer skill damages are increased dramatically.
    ice- light - cs working or not ?

  9. #84
    Senior Member Aristona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darktuga View Post
    lame as hell drop rate is insaly high so those who kill it first will be overpowered as hell since it has huge drop rate... like it happened on beta not fun at all
    It will be pretty hard to get items from that boss on official...

    Quote Originally Posted by tmcadn View Post
    ice- light - cs working or not ?
    These skills doesn't exists in our server.

  10. #85
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Emirate of Dubai
    Posts
    1,747

    Default

    BTw...
    top 3 pkers in beta will be awarded knight cash.

    Just bringing this up cause some people aren't able to buy knight cash, this is their chance

  11. #86
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simontjeuh View Post
    First lesson in computer classes in belgium= never run more than 1 antivirus on your machine. Having more than 1 antivirus installed on your pc will make some antivrusses not work correctly anymore (search google if you want to know why), not sure if this counts for multiple anti-spyware programs as well.
    From his list, he's safe. I assumed the same thing with his wording, but it really only applies to proactive antiviruses (of which he listed one: McAfee).

    In regards to your issue, if it's of any help, I can also attest to the standard client EXE being blocked by antiviruses, however I'm not too sure why it didn't notify you if your settings currently have it enabled. I also can't vouch for the safety of this client, because I have not downloaded it... but it is a common issue (and I also disagree with excepting the entire folder, typically it's only KnightOnline.exe that needs to be excepted...).

  12. #87
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Emirate of Dubai
    Posts
    1,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    From his list, he's safe. I assumed the same thing with his wording, but it really only applies to proactive antiviruses (of which he listed one: McAfee).

    In regards to your issue, if it's of any help, I can also attest to the standard client EXE being blocked by antiviruses, however I'm not too sure why it didn't notify you if your settings currently have it enabled. I also can't vouch for the safety of this client, because I have not downloaded it... but it is a common issue (and I also disagree with excepting the entire folder, typically it's only KnightOnline.exe that needs to be excepted...).
    I always extract new private servers with my antivirus on, so I see which files I should put as an exception and to make sure it's only the false postivie from the launcher I get, and the resti s clear... Normally my antivirus allerts me that a virus was found/ put in quarantine and I get a warning in the righ bottom of my screen.

    When I extract files (rar) I don't seem to get a warning and it simply deletes the file, no idea why. With legendsofko, i didn't even extract it I think, think it got deleted from the rar as soon as my download was completed, which caused me to redownload it. (not sure tho)

    SS from kaspersky:

    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

    I had to disable my antivirus while extracting, add the launcher to my exceptions, and put my antivirus on again to make it work...
    Last edited by simontjeuh; 04-04-2011 at 03:03 PM.

  13. #88
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simontjeuh View Post
    I always extract new private servers with my antivirus on, so I see which files I should put as an exception and to make sure it's only the false postivie from the launcher I get, and the resti s clear... Normally my antivirus allerts me that a virus was found/ put in quarantine and I get a warning in the righ bottom of my screen.

    When I extract files (rar) I don't seem to get a warning and it simply deletes the file, no idea why. With legendsofko, i didn't even extract it I think, think it got deleted from the rar as soon as my download was completed, which caused me to redownload it. (not sure tho)

    SS from kaspersky:

    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

    I had to disable my antivirus while extracting, add the launcher to my exceptions, and put my antivirus on again to make it work...
    Couldn't just restore it from quarantine?

  14. #89
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Emirate of Dubai
    Posts
    1,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Couldn't just restore it from quarantine?
    Wasn't put in quarantine, was removed immideatly. Think it has something to do with my settings But well, I got it working so doesn't really matter... Just posted the screen to "proof" to painfull_truth that the launcher was the only vulnerability in the folder. The launcher was missing from the .rar file, before I extracted it... so seems like my antivirus deleted it before I even got to extract it

  15. #90
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Hello and Goodluck with the server, Aristona has always been #1 server runner technical meaning so give this server a try..

    Greetings from me to all the oldfolks who are still around

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •